TW buff is a lie (bug?!)

XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
There is no TW buff of any kind.

My faction = 3 lands

Attacking faction = 13 lands

Defense and Attack levels value are unchanged (as all the rest of stats are unchanged)

2medc3o.jpg

#fixthis
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    apparently attacking faction had a 6 atk lvl and 5 def lvl buff

xD gg pwi
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *waves at myself on screenie*

The Attacking faction gained 5 atk/5 def levels (the buff has the same icon as in NW), that might be the minimum buff.

*Edit*
    Looked through patchnotes posted:
    *When facing a Faction that controls more territories than your own in Territory Wars, you will now gain a buff that increases your Defense Level proportional to the difference in territories. If the difference is particularly high, it will increase Attack Level as well.
    It should only buff Defense levels since we have more lands, but it's not clear who's faction in what state receives the buff. For now it seems only attacking factions gain the buff (I read that in earlier announcements but cba to dig through all them posts, it is nonetheless called "Invader buff".). So if you want to find out howmuch buff you'd get, come at us b:laugh If it's true only the Attacking faction gains the buff then it is all your favor since we won't have any buff right?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *waves at myself on screenie*

The Attacking faction gained 5 atk/5 def levels (the buff has the same icon as in NW). That might be the minimum buff, but it remains to be a buff only for Attacking factions, not Defending ones. It's not bugged if that's the case.

If that's the case, the patch notes lied:
    *When facing a Faction that controls more territories than your own in Territory Wars, you will now gain a buff that increases your Defense Level proportional to the difference in territories. If the difference is particularly high, it will increase Attack Level as well.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    lets try not to bias the issue here pls

Devs clearly expressed the intention to balance TWs with this buff, that is given to any faction (w\o difference between attackers or defenders) with less lands, in order to aid them fight stronger factions...

it went all the way around...

eventho the buff would be negligible anyways

another thing that PWE turned out like beating the air...
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i would say wait untill tonight.
    you are attacking a faction with more lands then your own.
    your buff will be significant better then 5/6 ( my guess).
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Devs clearly expressed the intention to balance TWs with this buff, that is given to any faction (w\o difference between attackers or defenders) with less lands, in order to aid them fight stronger factions...

Do you have a source where they explicitely expressed to be balancing TW on both Attacking and Defending against stronger factions? No bashing intended, I merely want to find out what I seem to have overlooked. I've read plenty of announcements and the closest I got was only "attacking" stronger factions get the buff. Again, like the buff is called "Invader Buff" it points to the attacking factions. Nothing about defending against them gaining a buff.
    I'm honestly not bias at all, couldn't care less about the buff personally since win or lose aren't my concerns. Just want to clear the air with this buff being properly accused of bugged or if it's really only Attacker-buff as the name implies.
    Curious about the boost you will receive tonight as well: 12 lands Vs 2+tellus city, so an 8-land difference grants X bonus.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20140506/72982.shtml

10、城战玩法加入新的规则:城战中的攻击方将获得一定的攻防等级提升,若攻击方拥有的领土数量少于防守方,则双方领土数量差距越大,攻击方获得的提升也越大!

Both attack and defense sides are eligible to get the buff, the side that has the number of territories less than the other side gets a buff that scales with the gap in term of territories owned
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Google Translate

10, urban warfare gameplay add a new rule: City battle attack the offensive and defensive side will get some level of improvement, the number of territories if the attacker has less than the defensive side, the greater the number of territorial gap between the two sides, but also to enhance the attacker obtained The larger!

It seems to mostly be about the attacker. Also if you click "offensive and defensive" google gives an alternate translation that is just "offensive".

Defenders don't get a buff.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Translated from the Japanese blog site:
    X) New rules for Territory Wars
    If the attacking faction has fewer lands than the defending faction, the attacking faction will get a defensive buff. If the difference in number of lands is great, the attacking faction will also get an offensive buff.

The Japanese blog said it was if the attacking faction had fewer lands than the defending faction, indicating that it would be the attacking faction only that received the buff. The google translation of the Chinese blog indicated the same, but we all know how much to trust google translate. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Currently my faction and the attacking faction both have 1 land each, so I'll post here if we get some sort of buff if any.

I'll hunt down the attacking members too to ask of their buffs that they receive or do not receive. :)

Only about 7.5 hours till my TW.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    in attack tw with

my faction: 3 lands

defending faction: 10 lands

we had a 10ish atk and def lvl buff

pretty much negligible
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    in attack tw with

pretty much negligible

So that is 5 josd and 5 Diety stones per 80 players (potentially). A Josd or Diety is what 500 mil? times 10 is 5 billion per player. Times 80 players is a 400 billion coin advantage or 4,000 ten mil notes. Totally negligible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    So that is 5 josd and 5 Diety stones per 80 players (potentially). A Josd or Diety is what 500 mil? times 10 is 5 billion per player. Times 80 players is a 400 billion coin advantage or 4,000 ten mil notes. Totally negligible.

or 10% less damage you take and 10% more damage you deal

yea negligible.

go tell it to the g16s that are oneshot to any r9 anyways despite this useless buff...

your line of reasoning is as legit as sage tidal
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    in attack tw with

pretty much negligible

thank you for making me an imagine about your pvp knowledge, that explains alot.b:chuckle

anyway on topic: this should be a good factor in tw, hopefully it was designed good ad not glitchy (the mechanics).
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    slamstone wrote: »
    thank you for making me an imagine about your pvp knowledge, that explains alot.b:chuckle

anyway on topic: this should be a good factor in tw, hopefully it was designed good ad not glitchy (the mechanics).

enlighten me my master
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524