Official Bug Thread

Options
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Can mods sticky a thread to be used for all the issues that have come up for this expansion? Would be nice to have all the issues in one thread so if a gm responds about an issue it's easier to see what was and wasn't intentional as well as when we can expect a fix.

So far I have noticed:

New starter zone was removed. Good bye decent starter flyers and mounts. Would have been nice to get a advanced warning...(Some people mentioned it was in patch notes early. Not everyone found/reads the notes before the update and an official warning should be issued before removing game content in the future.)

Veno daily broken. Guards can't be activated so no mobs spawn making it impossible to start the daily. No way to get Feral Stars till this gets fixed. Previously if not in pk mode you could walk through the puffbird red mist then aoe the guard to start the mobs. This method is not working. I tried pk mode and still could not target the guards. If anyone finds a way to target a guard and activate them please leave a detailed post on how you started the mobs.

Earning Time effects everything in the game now including farming instances such as TT, Lunar, and Full Warsong. This seems like an extreme negative for players.

Hyper's disabled in FC again. This is pretty bad for anyone not caught up on their rebirths even more so with the earning time issue.

Chat is freezing for players. (Anyone have more details of when the chat is freezing or is this happening at random?)

There have been claims that not everyone is getting the same BH1s. (Can anyone confirm this?)

The tooltips when selling gold in the AH are providing false information.
Post edited by Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I dont know if someone already pointed out the chat freezing issue which many people seem to be having. Chat keeps locking itself CONSTANTLY. Its super annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The new starting zone being removed was posted in the update thread.

The earning time was implemented to kill 3rd part bots or so it seems. Just my opinion on the matter

Chat freezing is horrible and makes me want to kick puppies in the face.

Hypers being disabled in FC is a good thing in my opinion. There is still PV so it's not totally horrible.

Don't worry FC will be back (unfortunately) and I think earning time will be reverted back to just primal. We just need to wait with bated breath for China to fix the other things and hope we all don't die from old age before they do it.
  • Crygol - Sanctuary
    Crygol - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Using active points to finish base quests will glitch the material tickets. I'm stuck with them now, they wont auto-quest into mats, cant be sold and relogging didn't help.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    i beta test software all the time how could you **** something this easy up how hard is it to test something befor implmenting it on a wide scale?

if you work where i work who ever did this would be fired.

beta test it on your owen private server and get feed back befor makeing a mistake this bad.

also this is wishful thinking but why not open up a voteing pole threw ip majority wins do we realy neeed an update?

i was happy a befor this update i even started to spend money now im like why did i even bother you guys were doing so well to what happend?
  • Paldine - Sanctuary
    Paldine - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Using active points to finish base quests will glitch the material tickets. I'm stuck with them now, they wont auto-quest into mats, cant be sold and relogging didn't help.

Just go into the base and they turn into mats.

Also I got a pm from Mystery in Sanctuary advising to verify the pwi files and it would fix the chat bug. I did and it worked. b:victory

I forgot to post that their is a text inconsistancy with the defence passive skill in Primal. The defence passive states that it is crit. Not terribly important unless you have never gotten them before.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    cool but will verfy files fix fc to have you tryed? to hyper after verifying files?
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Random lag. I walk and then get moved back a few steps constantly.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There have been claims that not everyone is getting the same BH1s. (Can anyone confirm this?)

wasn't this an intentional change?
  • burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    New starter zone was removed. Good bye decent starter flyers and mounts. Would have been nice to get a advanced warning...

There WAS advanced warning. I knew about it. That's why I created whatever characters I wanted before the patch so they would still be in the starter area for when I have time to go farm their flyers and such.However, with this new earning time -- dunno how that's gonna work out for me. But I guess I'll figure it out. I'm still hoping that's some weird glitch.
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • Sylarana - Sanctuary
    Sylarana - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Veno instance Lyceum isn't broken. I've already successfully run it twice now. Once yesterday, and once today.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There WAS advanced warning. I knew about it. That's why I created whatever characters I wanted before the patch so they would still be in the starter area for when I have time to go farm their flyers and such.However, with this new earning time -- dunno how that's gonna work out for me. But I guess I'll figure it out. I'm still hoping that's some weird glitch.

Where and when was the warning posted? I did not see it announced anywhere until the patch notes.

Sylarana how did you complete the instance? what did you do to activate the circles in front of the guards the people I have talked to in game so far have been unable to.
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Veno instance Lyceum isn't broken. I've already successfully run it twice now. Once yesterday, and once today.

You can't do it in PVE mode anymore.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure which of the stuff I posted on faction forums fits in this thread, but for now:
    The tooltips in the gold trading window have become more confusing: When hovering over the price box in the window, the tooltip states that the unit price must be between 100 and 10,000,000, but when attempting to sell gold for 4,000,000 or above, the tooltip states that the unit price must be between 100 and 1,000,000. The gold cap however remains the same as before, making both tooltips false.

It would help if this was also used for unannounced changes, and possibly split into bugs and changes in the OP. I'll leave this here anyways, it was reported by someone who did CoA on that day so I haven't experienced it myself:
    City of Abominations has been modified slightly. The bosses now drain all of your chi over time while still retaining their pre-update behaviour (this debuff cannot be purified). You can also now see the scores of each instance in your quest log.

And whatever this might classify as:
    The christmas-themed fashion sets have been brought back to the boutique. (I'm unsure if this was intended or not)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    City of Abominations has been modified slightly. The bosses now drain all of your chi over time while still retaining their pre-update behaviour (this debuff cannot be purified).

A friend of mine experienced this, but I personally didn't. So idek what's going on there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Veno lycaeum is broken, at least in PvE mode. I refuse to go PvP.

Is the earning time thing a glitch or permanent?

Perhaps the omnipotent

oVenusArmanio
    ~A Font of Endless Wonder~

can answer.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Where and when was the warning posted? I did not see it announced anywhere until the patch notes.

The patch notes were posted early but there wasn't a larger announcement so some people quietly knew to make characters and others did not.

Can mods sticky a thread to be used for all the issues that have come up for this expansion? Would be nice to have all the issues in one thread so if a gm responds about an issue it's easier to see what was and wasn't intentional as well as when we can expect a fix.

The last one got closed before all the status updates were confirmed and everything could be organized, even the stuff that got fixed. >< Was really aggravating how it went down. :3 I think the GMs would prefer we just post each issue separately in quality corner. :\
    eediot wrote: »
    Veno lycaeum is broken, at least in PvE mode. I refuse to go PvP.

Is the earning time thing a glitch or permanent?

Perhaps the omnipotent

oVenusArmanio
    ~A Font of Endless Wonder~

can answer.

No, my lamb. You must figure it out on your own. Go forth and seek information!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Not sure all the reason but for the chat freeze, it seems it does it when to click a persons name to respond to. I think I remember watching wc and getting a pm, click the name to respond and nothing showed of what I said. Later I switched to whisper and could see it.
  • Deliylah - Morai
    Deliylah - Morai Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Chat freeze is caused by chat settings, because for some people it doesnt freeze so we started explore it a bit.

I removed gray "System" from my chat logs, and also "Other" from General chat in settings. That removed the freeze issue for me. Good luck with exploring ^_^

adding pic so u can find it easier: http://i.imgur.com/J0dv5Pd.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah (previous xDeliciousx) ~
    Sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-105-105, 949 magic *_*
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Random lag. I walk and then get moved back a few steps constantly.
    It happened before, when you used 2-3 skills quickly before going foxform (somehow it fails to count all the actions properly in time), but it became completely horrible after update, I agree b:surrender
    I removed gray "System" from my chat logs, and also "Other" from General chat in settings. That removed the freeze issue for me. Good luck with exploring ^_^
    Aha, I have custom settings on my main too and it works fine, while on alts it freezes with default settings. I didn't guess there was a connection here, thought about random bug. Thanks for the tip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I second that...I have custom settings on all the toons I actively use and I didn't have any problems with freezing.
    I told one of my friends to change settings for a couple of toons they have and chat worked for them after so yeah.. settings seem to affect it. As Deliylah found out seems to be the System/Other part that causes issues.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

There was an advanced warning... of 24 hours. Which is nice, but it's really easy to forget to make a character to still have access to that realm if you didn't already have PWI open when you read Sparkle's post about it. :x There wasn't enough time to get reminded unless you had something breathing down your neck about it.

The invisible tab-selectable mobs have been missing from the veno instance for a while now.

I also have custom chat settings, and I've only had chat freeze once on me.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

So far I have noticed:

New starter zone was removed. Good bye decent starter flyers and mounts. Would have been nice to get a advanced warning...

Answer:Save event gold for a nice flier.

Veno daily broken. Guards can't be activated so no mobs spawn making it impossible to start the daily. No way to get Feral Stars till this gets fixed.

Im not a veno so i dont care.

Earning Time effects everything in the game now including farming instances such as TT, Lunar, and Full Warsong. This seems like an extreme negative for players.

Just their way of saying hahahaha we gonna stump the rich farmers.

Hyper's disabled in FC again. This is pretty bad for anyone not caught up on their rebirths even more so with the earning time issue.

It happened before and maybe they will fix it.But come on is t pv,brain and culti orbs,x4 exp on all quest,and solo grinding good enough yo!?

Chat is freezing for players. (Anyone have more details of when the chat is freezing or is this happening at random?)

I hear verifying files fixes it but im to lazy to do it so ill just live with it untill its fixed.just click another chat then go back to the previous chat....just a few clicks right?

I always wanted the bh's to be random because it dont feel like a relay race to get to the next alt.

I fixed this with the correct answers.
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

No, my lamb. You must figure it out on your own. Go forth and seek information!

Oh, that was helpful.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Chat freeze is caused by chat settings, because for some people it doesnt freeze so we started explore it a bit.

adding pic so u can find it easier: http://i.imgur.com/J0dv5Pd.png

This worked for me. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    eediot wrote: »
    Oh, that was helpful.

Do not question the omnipotent one! *cough* I mean, my lamb, I am trying to help you help yourself. Go forth and seek information, and your bounty shall be fruitful and plenty. Ask someone to seek it for you, and your bounty will be but a mere kernel of truth. Unable to squelch thine mind's hunger or to satisfy even the most sated mind. So go forth my lamb, seek information and prosper!

and if you can't tell by now, I'm not an employee of PWE. I know just as much as you do. You'll have to wait for a GM response.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • WistaKitty - Archosaur
    WistaKitty - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The veno instance works in pk mode, I have still been able to do it. Just make sure you are pressing control as you use the skill on a guard. As far as I know people haven't been able to even do the veno instance in normal mode for months, ive always done it with pk mode on.
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Don't know if anyone else is having this issue .. but currently running a Full Delta and NO drops at all as of yet .. going into W5 .. Nothing thus far

anyone else having problems with delta???.. Everyone in squad is in Normal Earning mode so don't think its
    that :/

EDIT .. Drops in Delta don't start until W5 now? but we r now getting them .. Nothing up until Sori
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Not sure if this is a recent bug..but i have never had this happen before

I sold some g16 pants..got 45m and bought 6 giant beast shells..i made a helm and two capes for members of my faction

I put 2 of the items on people...the third g15 HA cape i put in the bank to wait for the person who`s turn it was to log in

She logs in..i go to bank...poof..nothing there

I dont have an alt on this account...no account stash ..i didnt vendor anything...and i always carry
    Guradian scrolls

So yeah G15 HA cape poof....i did sumbit a ticket..but seeing as this hase never happened to me prior to this patch...thought it might be relevant

I know how easy it is to vendor or drop items by mistake..i took the extra procautions to insure i wouldnt..i put it in the bank

Yet here i am..out a G15 HA cape and no explination for it...im a 100% OCD person..i check check check and recheck..there is no way this item poofed through faults of mine

I have no proof and i doubt anything is done about this...just adding to the list of new possible bugs is all

happy hunting all
  • widowdee
    widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I recently submitted a ticket to support and was advised to post the information here as well. I can't post the screenshots I sent with the ticket, but here is what I reported and the responses from support:

Ticket #404404
    --
    Friday at 22:11
    When I click on the Faction History Report, it either starts to spin forever or freezes my screen and then grays it out and closes. I tried closing the client and reopening it. This happens on all of my accounts and all of my characters.

--
    Yesterday at 09:07
    Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm sorry to hear that the game crashes whenever your access the Faction History Report. I'll do my best to help. In this case, please try to use the Verify files option in the launcher window. If you encounter the same issues after this step, kindly update this ticket so we can further investigate.
    We appreciate your time and support. We'll keep an eye out for your updates.
    Regards,
    --
    Game Master

--
    Yesterday at 23:09
    Okay, I did a file verify and then tried to view the faction history report again. The screen froze with the hour glass curser and then client shut down. Since the curser doesn't show up in a screen shot, I took a picture of the screen. It is attached. This occurred at approximately 11:00 pm EST tonight. So file verify didn't fix the issue.

--
    Today at 10:38
    Hello,
    Thank you for replying back.
    Based on the information you provided it looks like this issue is the result of a bug. I will forward these details to our development team so they can investigate further. It will also be helpful for you to submit a bug report on the official bug report forum to supplement the information I have already provided them.
    You may use this link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/categories
    Posting this on the forums is also a good way for other affected players to pitch in their ideas and experiences. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and hopefully we can identify the nature of the problem. I appreciate your patience and understanding.
    Regards,
    --
    Game Master​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    widowdee wrote: »
    I recently submitted a ticket to support and was advised to post the information here as well. I can't post the screenshots I sent with the ticket, but here is what I reported and the responses from support:

Ticket #404404
    --
    Friday at 22:11
    When I click on the Faction History Report, it either starts to spin forever or freezes my screen and then grays it out and closes. I tried closing the client and reopening it. This happens on all of my accounts and all of my characters.

--
    Yesterday at 09:07
    Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm sorry to hear that the game crashes whenever your access the Faction History Report. I'll do my best to help. In this case, please try to use the Verify files option in the launcher window. If you encounter the same issues after this step, kindly update this ticket so we can further investigate.
    We appreciate your time and support. We'll keep an eye out for your updates.
    Regards,
    --
    Game Master

--
    Yesterday at 23:09
    Okay, I did a file verify and then tried to view the faction history report again. The screen froze with the hour glass curser and then client shut down. Since the curser doesn't show up in a screen shot, I took a picture of the screen. It is attached. This occurred at approximately 11:00 pm EST tonight. So file verify didn't fix the issue.

--
    Today at 10:38
    Hello,
    Thank you for replying back.
    Based on the information you provided it looks like this issue is the result of a bug. I will forward these details to our development team so they can investigate further. It will also be helpful for you to submit a bug report on the official bug report forum to supplement the information I have already provided them.
    You may use this link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/categories
    Posting this on the forums is also a good way for other affected players to pitch in their ideas and experiences. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and hopefully we can identify the nature of the problem. I appreciate your patience and understanding.
    Regards,
    --
    Game Master

Thank You for posting this, Please use a new thread in this case as this was an old bug thread as not to get confused with older issues. On another note Ive removed all names as this conflicts forum rules.

Ill have to close this thread due to its age.

Thanks.​​
This discussion has been closed.