Lycaeum Of Cultivation broken?

gamer4jesus
gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Venomancer
Just entered the veno daily dungeon, and are trying to attack a guard with Noxious Gas bluenamed as I am used to. Nothing happens. b:angry

The ground target icon does not stay on ground like it used to.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Or are we now forced to enter PvP mode even on PvE servers?

Is this a bug or intended by Devs?

edit:

I start instance.

Stand a bit away infront of guard, but so close it aggroes (pet in manual stance)

Click the evolved herc aggro skill, or put pet in defend mode with aggro skill activated.

Succee.

b:cute
Post edited by gamer4jesus on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Um..you're not supposed to be able to get in there until 8:00am server time..how did you get in? Did they change that?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I play on Morai (EU)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I play on Morai (EU)

Oh derp b:surrender

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait till it's 8:00 AM on Sanctuary to see what's up with the instance.
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It happen to me too, this should be my first Lycaeum ever but the trick don't work. Whyyyy b:cry (I'm on Morai too)

I'm too scared to be on pk for all time D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Just tried it and..yes. They broke the instance even more.
    Well technically it wasn't broken (working as intended for the PvP servers PWCN has) but now you can't activate it using the non-PK method on PvE servers.

Enter PK mode without timer:

- Go to Warsong with someone
    - Make person stand next to NPC/forges
    - Kick person from squad
    - AOE the person (this will make you hit the NPC)
    - Log off as soon as you're out of combat mode
    - Log back on
    - You're now in PK mode without timer

- Fly to Lycaeum
    - Do Lycaeum
    - Turn PK mode off

-If you're worried grab a Guardian Scroll and put it in bank. Take it out whenever you enter PK mode without timer and put it back in bank when you turn PK off.

That's all you can do at this point I guess.
  • morenawolf
    edited August 2014
    Sigh... thank you Desdi. Veno life is so hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • fieryprincess
    fieryprincess Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just tried it and..yes. They broke the instance even more.
    Well technically it wasn't broken (working as intended for the PvP servers PWCN has) but now you can't activate it using the non-PK method on PvE servers.

Enter PK mode without timer:

- Kick person from squad
    - Log back on

- Fly to Lycaeum
    - Do Lycaeum
    - Turn PK mode off

-If you're worried grab a Guardian Scroll and put it in bank. Take it out whenever you enter PK mode without timer and put it back in bank when you turn PK off.

That's all you can do at this point I guess.

This is how I enter PK mode:
    - Enter Lycaeum
    - Stand near the Guard with pet in defend mode, until it starts attacking
    - Move a little bit further so I am out of guard's attack range
    - Log off as soon as I am out of combat mode
  • morenawolf
    edited August 2014

- Kick person from squad
    - Log back on

I tried and it don't work: I have to force log out when I'm still in duel, and when I log in again my name is still pink and then turn to white.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    This is how I enter PK mode:
    - Enter Lycaeum
    - Stand near the Guard with pet in defend mode, until it starts attacking
    - Move a little bit further so I am out of guard's attack range
    - Log off as soon as I am out of combat mode

Oh that works too I guess.
    This works basically for just about every instance that has PK enabled. Works for Flowsilver and Undercurrent too.

morenawolf wrote: »
    I tried and it don't work: I have to force log out when I'm still in duel, and when I log in again my name is still pink and then turn to white.

Aww, you don't need to duel. Just leave squad or kick the other person and AOE them while the target is near an NPC. When you hit the NPC with your AOE range it will trigger PK mode. Combat mode will wear off after a few seconds and then you can log off nornally.

It is normal that you're pink name when you log back on. It turns white after a while and that's basically it. You can turn it off anytime you want.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Don't have a veno that can do Lycaeum so I gotta ask, what's the difference between this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1632471 and the way it is now? I thought it's been PK mode only for a while now.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Don't have a veno that can do Lycaeum so I gotta ask, what's the difference between this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1632471 and the way it is now? I thought it's been PK mode only for a while now.

There was still a way to activate it without PK mode but you just couldn't do the run normally and had to AFK.
    However, now you can't activate it whatsoever without going into PK mode because the circle on the ground is not working anymore. It keeps disappearing before you can even attack it.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    There was still a way to activate it without PK mode but you just couldn't do the run normally and had to AFK.
    However, now you can't activate it whatsoever without going into PK mode because the circle on the ground is not working anymore. It keeps disappearing before you can even attack it.

Ah i see, didn't know about that. Thanks. b:thanks

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I discovered that you can use the lyceum instance itself to glitch yourself into white name, which is a tad bit quicker than the other places I can think of, plus you never have to exit a safe zone, for those really afraid to be in PK mode.
    Detailed with specifics for replication:: I was in fox forme and myriad rainbowed the ? mob that can be tabbed onto by the purple orb monsters spawn from, and my pet instantly went to attack the puffbird and made us pink. (He was probably in the default 'attack everything' mode.)

Exited the instance to be able to log out, logged back in, re-entered isntance and started it. :3 I'll edit to say if I still got the rewards at the end or not for doing it that way.
    Edit::Got stars fine! Dc'ing in this instance probably doesn't break it anymore then, either.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    ^ Oh that sounds good.

It still sucks a bit though xD they seem to make the instance worse with every update.
  • petrave
    petrave Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:sad i tried that was white named and even that way it didnt work seems to me like pwi give us first the option to evolve pets then took it away gues feral stars wil be soon only availible in botique another way to force players to cashshop and make the stuppid chinese owners of pwi richer this way i be done soon with pwi even the private servers are beter then oficiall pwi these days b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    The instance works as intended for PWCN that have PvP servers only. It wasn't changed to match the PvE servers we have here.

I'll try making a new Lycaeum video today or tomorrow on how to activate it in a safe PK mode way (thanks to Veneir's tips) where you won't risk getting killed and you can turn it off after you're done.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My suggestion is to stop finding work arounds and keep sending tickets in or they'll never fix it!b:angryb:angry
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    The instance works as intended for PWCN that have PvP servers only. It wasn't changed to match the PvE servers we have here.

I'll try making a new Lycaeum video today or tomorrow on how to activate it in a safe PK mode way (thanks to Veneir's tips) where you won't risk getting killed and you can turn it off after you're done.

:3<3 *feels helpful* Have you been doing that for the last few days, then?
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014

:3<3 *feels helpful* Have you been doing that for the last few days, then?

Ah not really. I tried it though.
    I'm in PK mode all day for the most part (unless I go TW or decide to auto-cultivate etc.) so it didn't affect me. b:surrender
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Ah not really. I tried it though.
    I'm in PK mode all day for the most part (unless I go TW or decide to auto-cultivate etc.) so it didn't affect me. b:surrender

Aww okay.
    I used to just be white named 24/7 when the veno instance first came out, so wouldn't have had much use for it, either. But auto-cultivate makes much more reason to stay blue-named.
    It always feels like such an exploit....
    --anyway, the method isn't perfect. It works first-try most of the time (4/5 times for me so far), but sometimes the pet will stall attacking the puffbird when you hit the ? mob if it's not too close to the bird, so you have to repeat it. Not terrible but worth noting if you do make something for it.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How are people able to log out after they turn pink? I've tried both methods that involved turning pink while inside the veno instance and game won't let me log out till after the pink wears off which means I am not in pk mode when I log back on and thus still can't attack the guard to start the mobs. I tried the methods fieryprincess and veneir posted on this thread and both had the same issue you can't log out till the pink wears off.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    How are people able to log out after they turn pink? I've tried both methods that involved turning pink while inside the veno instance and game won't let me log out till after the pink wears off which means I am not in pk mode when I log back on and thus still can't attack the guard to start the mobs. I tried the methods fieryprincess and veneir posted on this thread and both had the same issue you can't log out till the pink wears off.

Here's the video of it. My guess is that you can't log off because you're stuck in combat mode so you'll have to run out of the instance. If that still doesn't work, try to force log the client all together and see what happens.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's the video of it. My guess is that you can't log off because you're stuck in combat mode so you'll have to run out of the instance. If that still doesn't work, try to force log the client all together and see what happens.

Even when I left the instance I was not allowed to log off till the pink wore off. I tried force logging both inside and outside the instance but I am NOT in pk mode when I logged back on. Idk those methods did not seem to work. Was the video made before or after the update maybe things have been altered since then.

Why can't the mobs just activate automatically when you activate the quest inside? Would make it easier on people not interested in pk mode b:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    The video was made after the update.

Well, unfortunately I have no clue what's up with your problem so I can't help :/
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    If all else fails, open task manager and force close the client with it, then when you boot it back up use the force log option to get back in.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This does not work anymore.

The instance is still a bad joke for those on PVE servers.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Veno life is so hard.

I agree with this, but not for Lycaeum.
  • morenawolf
    edited September 2014
    I agree with this, but not for Lycaeum.

... then I truly suck at it, since I never go over 400 points. :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver
    FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y53r03tOXxs&list=UUMfjzDTix7bNpUVEGM5bmtQ to get instanced started with out pk or trying to change pk mode
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Is that still working? Because they kinda broke it in recent patches. Maybe they fixed it again?

I'll have to wait until it's 8am server time on Sanctuary to try it D:
This discussion has been closed.