Force of Will is an interrupt!

Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Wizard
Due to the fact that I notice more and more ppl that are completely unaware of this...well I thought I'd share it here.

Yes, Force of Will doesn't state anywhere that it's an interrupt, but it is. Works on anything that can be interrupted (even against bosses where the seal wouldn't work, it still interrupts).

So, go along with that knowledge and don't complain about no interrupters @Blossom (FSP) again. Thank you.
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    What are you talking about?

It says right on the skill, "Interrupts the target's channeling, and prevents
    them from casting spells for (insert time here) seconds".

Only a lack of reading will make a wiz think it doesn't interupt.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ty b:chuckle
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

It says right on the skill, "Interrupts the target's channeling, and prevents
    them from casting spells for (insert time here) seconds".

Only a lack of reading will make a wiz think it doesn't interupt.

It does xDDDDD granted, it been a while since I looked up the description :P

Has it been like that all the time now? I kind athink that it wasn't clearly stated 4 years ago but can be wrong on that account xD Still that makes it even worse if they don't know it :D
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    It does xDDDDD granted, it been a while since I looked up the description :P

Has it been like that all the time now? I kind athink that it wasn't clearly stated 4 years ago but can be wrong on that account xD Still that makes it even worse if they don't know it :D

I can honestly kinda understand... but only kinda.

Between descriptions not always being accurate here and how few people actually read to begin with (or misunderstand what they read somehow), I can see why some wouldn't know.

On the other hand, between basic game mechanics and... actually using your freaking skills instead of ignoring them like a brain dead idiot which goes doubly so for any caster as they can't just APS their way to victory you'd think people would eventually realize what their damn skills do.

/minirant

But then again, this is PWI so.... yeah... Dx
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can honestly kinda understand... but only kinda.

Between descriptions not always being accurate here and how few people actually read to begin with (or misunderstand what they read somehow), I can see why some wouldn't know.

On the other hand, between basic game mechanics and... actually using your freaking skills instead of ignoring them like a brain dead idiot which goes doubly so for any caster as they can't just APS their way to victory you'd think people would eventually realize what their damn skills do.

/minirant

But then again, this is PWI so.... yeah... Dx

I'm sorry, I suddenly thought about years ago, when Nirvana was all the craze...

And where I saw quite a few APS wizards and APS clerics who wouldn't use their skills, but used APS only, because "APS was more powerful, and more beneficial than all of their skills were. Lol.

Ever see a wizard try to do a pull with stone barrier, then APS one mob at a time, and beg for heals? O.o I have.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    I'm sorry, I suddenly thought about years ago, when Nirvana was all the craze...

And where I saw quite a few APS wizards and APS clerics who wouldn't use their skills, but used APS only, because "APS was more powerful, and more beneficial than all of their skills were. Lol.

Ever see a wizard try to do a pull with stone barrier, then APS one mob at a time, and beg for heals? O.o I have.

You bring back horrible memories that make me sad.

What's worse is I remember trying to explain to some of these people just why they can't APS like a melee and being called noob/stupid/etc and how they know better cuz X or how they know their class and blah blah blah.

Fortunately, a few who did that sort of thing had the misfortune of being white named/on PvP servers. I thoroughly enjoyed murdering them for their blatant stupidity.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You bring back horrible memories that make me sad.

What's worse is I remember trying to explain to some of these people just why they can't APS like a melee and being called noob/stupid/etc and how they know better cuz X or how they know their class and blah blah blah.

Fortunately, a few who did that sort of thing had the misfortune of being white named/on PvP servers. I thoroughly enjoyed murdering them for their blatant stupidity.

ROTFLMAO at you PK'ing them. b:laugh b:victoryb:victory

I honestly don't blame you. b:surrender

I remember trying to explain to them too. In my case, I was a bit more fortunate. They still didn't listen, and continued to whack away. I may have "accidentally" let a few of them die, and "accidentally" waited a longer while than necessary before reviving them because they were being a hindrance to my squad. I kept getting whispers not to revive them, and a few people gave me the title of one of the best clerics on the server, while they got seen as noobs/stupid...though there were some sins that felt that wizzy/cleric APS were a good thing.

Certain ones, I gave up on though. They want to APS away, fine. Its their toon. But don't expect me to neglect the tank, and the true DD's when they should have rolled a BM instead. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That is how it is... A lot of people don't know as well that Mystics' bramble tornado can interrupt Succubus. Problem is that those people probably never read this forum.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    that's funny you bring that up, I actually do vaguely remember trying to interrupt a few things and it working some of the time, but it was so long ago

here's an old video, you can see me trying to force of will @ 15 seconds in when that boss' feet turn red, lawl. I think I had lent one of those veno friends my gear, I don't even remember what boss or TT that was, video quality so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TFY2vCD9eI&list=UUGkaypTQSHaI3fSgn1qA1aA
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Considering every boss and their mother is immune to most control skill debuffs, I don't think many people would think to use these skills, and would assume the boss is also immune to the interruption.