Everyone Get Into Nw !!!!!

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Okay so this thread has no real purpose apart from encouraging people to get into NW.

I haven't done NW in over 18months and today was the first time, which I decided to try out on my sin - I have some aps gear - I'm at 2, and my buffed hp is 7400. I only say that for non OP people to see that you don't NEED to be OP to take part.

I got one shotted all over the place and still had great fun, especially with all the new maps.

My only disappointment was the number of people in each fight. 18months ago the maps were often full during each battle. Not so today where most maps had 7 or less per team.

If you are like me and think "why bother, Ill get smashed by all the op chars' then I say to you - have a go. I did REALLY ****. I think I managed 1 or 2 actual kills AND I was in the losing guild, and I still got 65 supply tokens, and had fun.

That's all and cya in NW next week.
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lol try hard i got 586 the msot iv ever gotten from it.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now try to keep having fun for a few weeks that way.
    But since you enjoy it, good for you, bravo (that wasn't sarcastic).
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They need to do it saturday night instead of sunday night
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My NW squad has the issue where every other NW squad refuses to fight us. ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I used to wake up at 6 a.m. to NW for a few months, then gave up b:sleep Even though still hope to be back to mass PvP fun someday, no matter how undergeared or whatever, but the event time discourages me more than anything else...b:tired
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My NW squad has the issue where every other NW squad refuses to fight us. ):

This comment perplexes me! I'm often solo and would take on your whole squad. Unfortunately my mains are weak as hell and get 1 shot. My point is you must be trying to "toot your own horn", because there is no shortage of people, solo or squad, that would take pleasure in facing your squad.

It is just a game and YOU nor YOUR squad cause any fear in me. That is not to say I don't have great respect for the server renowned OP's. Just like electricity, I do not fear it, I respect it and relish the opportunities to control it; regardless whether that effort is futile.

C'mon and stop tooting your own horn, I'm sure I will meet "YOUR SQUAD" someday in NW. I will be that dumb-*** you kill and yet, come straight back at you within 50 seconds.

See you in NW - you OP wonder!!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    C'mon and stop tooting your own horn, I'm sure I will meet "YOUR SQUAD" someday in NW. I will be that dumb-*** you kill and yet, come straight back at you within 50 seconds.

I don't think you would considering... ya know... different servers and all. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This comment perplexes me! I'm often solo and would take on your whole squad. Unfortunately my mains are weak as hell and get 1 shot. My point is you must be trying to "toot your own horn", because there is no shortage of people, solo or squad, that would take pleasure in facing your squad.

It is just a game and YOU nor YOUR squad cause any fear in me. That is not to say I don't have great respect for the server renowned OP's. Just like electricity, I do not fear it, I respect it and relish the opportunities to control it; regardless whether that effort is futile.

The higher chance of failure that there is, the higher the chance that people won't even bother to try.

--

People DO get overwhelmed, and if you overwhelm/squash them enough you can easily hurt/completely decimate their will to fight. Not everyone has a strong will to fight against the amount of odds that there IS in nw/mass pvp. People DO get flustered/frustrated and inevitably do something that does make others scratch their heads a bit.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • trollerest
    trollerest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When was the last night NW on Harshlands reached over 400 players? I am going to venture a guess and say the average is 320 players (a bunch of those are alts afking)

I dont think its cause everyone is afraid of getting 1 shot (war hopping gets you a decent amount of tokens for doing nothing). I think it is more about its boring and not nearly as profitable as it used to be. Like everything else in the game it, same old stuff = boring.
    They need to spice it up. New maps, new modes. But that will never happen.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Imo, what is really needed is an increase in what can be made from Supply Tokens. Nontradeable necessary items, like charms, crab meats, pots; it would encourage players of all level ranges to go - not just the 105x3 who are crafting Emperor tomes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its decent money and I hop into these from time to time, but I really get annoyed when I end up having to deal with 3 or more fights with endgame squads in one nation rushing us down with few alternatives.

At such times, I just nope the **** out of there and squander the rest of the time wandering around into other fights. Its not really fun facing the top geared (okay, sometimes it is in 1v1 cases, but against a squad? No way) or squishing others who cant take a hit, but its all for the sake of "farming"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    trollerest wrote: »
    When was the last night NW on Harshlands reached over 400 players? I am going to venture a guess and say the average is 320 players (a bunch of those are alts afking)

Aren't you suppose to get nothing if you are AFK doing NW?
    Imo, what is really needed is an increase in what can be made from Supply Tokens. Nontradeable necessary items, like charms, crab meats, pots; it would encourage players of all level ranges to go - not just the 105x3 who are crafting Emperor tomes.

This may look like a good idea, but it will actually cause some damage to the token market. Thinking about the implications makes my head hurt.b:chuckle
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the problem with harshlands is, that the server is just that empty.

you then have a few afk alts in there and some "op squads" that are 1 shoting other r9s with gush.
    and why?
    becaue our support is filled with people that dont even know their own game

and selling SoW for 2 mil isnt too tempting either...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everyone obtained their NW gear already, thus no reason to do it anymore. U get 600k profit per 50 tokens, it is close to nothing considering bot feature. HL server is empty moreover; few OP squads in NW no1 else bothers to fight, because in such a big map it is easy to avoid them and gain tokens by jumping battles without wasting resources
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This is NOT a good idea. Many people cannot attend NW because of the time issue. Forcing MORE items to be made off an event people cannot attend alienates a population of this game even more. Its hard enough trying to get stuff when tokens cannot be traded or sold when one cannot attend.

Some people work nights, spend time with family or simply prefer the real world on a Friday and Sunday night over sitting in front of the computer.
    Here we go again....
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personally, I'm just bored of nw, even though my gear is great and rarely die.

Only way to find it amusing is to go solo, but still have better things to do.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sanctuary has around 480 people per NW. I'd estimate 100 of those are endgame-ish hardcore pvpers, 150-200 mid to low gear players, and the rest token sucking alts.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aren't you suppose to get nothing if you are AFK doing NW?

Not sure that's accurate anymore. Had multiple instances where it auto placed me in last place for the nation, even in one with an AFK, and the only thing different was I was level 85 from Reawakening. Gears decent with around 12k soulforce, I buffed and healed or ran the flag. Here's two examples.

In one, we had 0 opposition for a flag carrier map. Two carried, everyone else just ran around. Many of them weren't charmed or buffed, so went around buffing and healing when not tracking where flag popped. Despite being one of the 3 who did anything (2 different flag carriers), still received last place. And since healing and such is supposed to count as contribution, it shouldn't have worked that way. Especially since the AFK guy who didn't move had a higher place.

2 of us on the map against 1 on flag carrier. Enemy left with no fighting taking place. The other guy was wandering all over, so I had to grab the flag. Carried first time, he left during the reset. So just myself then, and have to grab the flag again. During this final carry, two people pop in and jump out, end with another one staying and just two of us still on the map.

Now despite doing every aspect of winning the battle, everyone who even showed up for one second received a higher ranking. So it's proof of many things, one of which is that being AFK does seem to still pay off.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014

People DO get overwhelmed, and if you overwhelm/squash them enough you can easily hurt/completely decimate their will to fight. Not everyone has a strong will to fight against the amount of odds that there IS in nw/mass pvp. People DO get flustered/frustrated and inevitably do something that does make others scratch their heads a bit.
    While I agree with this, the problem in this game is made even worse by the sheer imbalance of f2p VS p2p in PvP.
    Its not a matter of few stat points here. A squad of f2ps in decent g16 Nirvana gear that runs across a squad of cashshopped r9rr, full S card set players is going to get wiped.
    Mass PvP can be fun, but the severe imbalance here in PWI makes it an extremely frustrating event that simply is not worth the frustration of being 1-shot for 2 hours.
    For an event like NW, that requires you to farm tokens for gear, the event should strip and scale everyone to equal terms, thus forcing everyone to equal ground and make actual gameplay and squad organization a factor. In its current form, it simply is not fun for a lot of people as you need no actual skill, just overwhelming stats.
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All u need is 5 minutes fighting time and participate in one victorious battle to get tokens; rest of NW u can jump battles with that toon. Note that even auto attacking dmg immune totems or wtf it is in Capture the Flag map counts (guess it counts how much time a character spends in combat). That way u can get 300+ tokens on 4-5 toons per NW, depends on your Nation which is the most important factor. I got SoWs for r9r ring in 4 NWs, so yes, the rewarding system is kinda *** lol...if u spend your NW fighting and wasting resources you actually get much less, so it gets frustrating and majority of people start doing that also, that leads into boredom and you eventually realize it is not worth of your time anymore lol.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I stopped NWing entirely when I noticed that 10+ seconds immunity and 5+ people ganking one person and they still survive breaks the game for me. I don't blame people for not going, there's a ton of more balanced and fun PVP out there in the MMO world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I came back a few months ago from a 2 year break. I attended only 1 NW to see how it was.

I noticed a few new maps, but it was as frustrating (or even worse) as it was before my break. Being 1-shot for 2 hours is not fun.

I rather farm my money in other ways, even if not as much as profitable as doing NW.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While I agree with this, the problem in this game is made even worse by the sheer imbalance of f2p VS p2p in PvP.
    Its not a matter of few stat points here. A squad of f2ps in decent g16 Nirvana gear that runs across a squad of cashshopped r9rr, full S card set players is going to get wiped.
    Mass PvP can be fun, but the severe imbalance here in PWI makes it an extremely frustrating event that simply is not worth the frustration of being 1-shot for 2 hours.
    For an event like NW, that requires you to farm tokens for gear, the event should strip and scale everyone to equal terms, thus forcing everyone to equal ground and make actual gameplay and squad organization a factor. In its current form, it simply is not fun for a lot of people as you need no actual skill, just overwhelming stats.

100% agreed.

It really is a sad system that they put in with nw, it really just seems like a pvp instance/place put in to show how much better superior gear is, and as a side effect push people into buying their gear with real money. (Which I can understand from a money point of view, but the side that I agree with more... my gamer... point of view says it is absolute bull ****/annoying/frustrating/any other derogatory expletive to explain the disgust I have with that tactic.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i think i have more fun going NW on a character i know i can get 1 shot on, just cause i wont get frustrated into winning or something. >.> Especially with all those S cards roaming around now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nw comes and goes i don't bother going. spend what 2 hours and get 0 tokens? wastes charms and tons of food for nothing i don't think so i rather spend that time doing bh and catching up my quests for my alts and mains
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ....I don't even know what time/day NW is at anymore. Quitting for a year or so, +TW and everything being moved to different hours, doesn't work that well...

Also I'm fairly sure that OP got more tokens than I ever have from NW. (Not surprising with the map changes though.)
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    NW still fun for me apart of the dcing problem from my side b:chuckle.

I have used three toons so far for NW, my BM, r9 seeker and cleric.

BM and seeker are fun to use when in squad, but cost plenty of charm, while my cleric got 1 shotted alot, I still having fun using her. b:laugh

The only downside from NW is that from many maps I can see afk alts that just stand idling at spawn point or punching npc. I mostly go to map where plenty of people are enganging each other and hoping to get into a good fight, only to find most of them are afk alts b:angry

Yes, people do complain about the large gap in gear differences, I can see that when I'm using my seeker and can nearly 1-shotting everyone using gear lower than g16. I really wish PWI/Wanmei can do something about this. Myabe setting that each toon is using standard NW gear.

Using cleric for NW : no charm cost
    Putting an R9 BM into sleep then kill it with squad : priceless b:pleased
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Summerhope - Heavens Tear
    Summerhope - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    easy way to not die: reawaken yourself and leave the toon at level 60, free charms(from that newbie npc) and you get an insane buff in nw, gives you more than double your hp and leaves your defense level at 100+. It easily left me at 30k+ hp and i was tanking r9s3+10 easily when i used to be a 1shot.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everyone obtained their NW gear already, thus no reason to do it anymore. U get 600k profit per 50 tokens, it is close to nothing considering bot feature. HL server is empty moreover; few OP squads in NW no1 else bothers to fight, because in such a big map it is easy to avoid them and gain tokens by jumping battles without wasting resources

WHO is everyone? You mean the +12 people that were +12 before NW even came out? IF anyone isnt then they probably don't have all the NW gear, or any of it for some of us.