help good genie skills for pure mag veno

Options
Kimmu - Raging Tide
Kimmu - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
My genie can now learn 5 skills, and I got Holy Patch and Fortify
What other skills can I learn for my genie?
Explanation of a skill will help a lot too :3
Post edited by Kimmu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hello
    First of all, a site you will find a lot helpful when making genies you can find right here
    You can choose skills and see what genie level and lucky points that minimum required.

Now, I don't know your level or anything (what you going to use it for? pvp? etc), so I'll just tell you a few populair skills for now.

Cloud Eruption (leave this skill at level 1) - gives you 1 spark
    Extreme poison - Single target debuff that increase all damage
    Absolute Domain - Makes you immune to everything and stuns for a few seconds (long cooldown)
    Tree of protection - heals % of your hp
    Expel - immune to physical damage, however you get sealed as well.
    Windshield - Reduce damage taken

Examples on my venos genies over time
    When I first started using genie for my venomancer, this one was my first genie
    Over time when leveling up I added new skills and ended up with those skills

At the moment I'm using a dex based genie, here, where I switch out cloud euroption to Lv1 tangling mire when I run nix and back to cloud euroption before doing TW.

I have a new genie that I cannot learn the skills I want yet because of level requirement. Im sitting at Lv104 with 50% and the skills require Lv105
    So far I decided on these skills here

There is a lot of ways to build genies, hope this helped a little & not confusing xD
    This is a test
  • cautiousfighter
    cautiousfighter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hello
    First of all, a site you will find a lot helpful when making genies you can find right here
    You can choose skills and see what genie level and lucky points that minimum required.

Now, I don't know your level or anything (what you going to use it for? pvp? etc), so I'll just tell you a few populair skills for now.

Cloud Eruption (leave this skill at level 1) - gives you 1 spark
    Extreme poison - Single target debuff that increase all damage
    Absolute Domain - Makes you immune to everything and stuns for a few seconds (long cooldown)
    Tree of protection - heals % of your hp
    Expel - immune to physical damage, however you get sealed as well.
    Windshield - Reduce damage taken

Examples on my venos genies over time
    When I first started using genie for my venomancer, this one was my first genie
    Over time when leveling up I added new skills and ended up with those skills

At the moment I'm using a dex based genie, here, where I switch out cloud euroption to Lv1 tangling mire when I run nix and back to cloud euroption before doing TW.

I have a new genie that I cannot learn the skills I want yet because of level requirement. Im sitting at Lv104 with 50% and the skills require Lv105
    So far I decided on these skills here

There is a lot of ways to build genies, hope this helped a little & not confusing xD
    That was helpful and not confusing at all b:chuckle I'm level 99 and wanted a hybrid of pvp and pve
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Holy Path/Fortify/Absolute Domain are all musts.

You really won't need Cloud Eruption on genie if sage with the upgraded fox form.

ToP is pretty useless unless you have the HP pool for it (20k+ buffed).

Soul of Fire is situational. Only get it if you find yourself being sparked and fire combo'd a lot by mages.

Other thing to consider is Chi Siphon if used in conjunction with purge in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options

You really won't need Cloud Eruption on genie if sage with the upgraded fox form.

Soul of Fire is situational. Only get it if you find yourself being sparked and fire combo'd a lot by mages.

For a starter genie, I dont think ToP is a bad idea. I found it useful on very squisy characters but that mostly for pve purposes, like defending a pav in ws. There ofcourse our soul transfusion & metalic boost, but there's a CD as well. I still think it had to be mentioned besides I honestly arent much of a fan of it either now. It's good to be trying out skills over time and see how they works.

I actually never had chi siphon (i honestly never even considered it because target requirement), but I could imagine it be nice with purging afterwards as you said o: though its rarely I need chi anymore after they added the upgraded foxform. I only have cloud now cause a spot leftover. I might try chi siphon on my alt (demon) veno instead, it kinda sounds nice but again will have to try it out myself first xD

For what goes for soul of fire - yes situational. I'm however in need for it against the TW faction I'm fighting, they have a couple wizards, even the servers nuema portal wizard there >.>
    This is a test
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options

Assuming you want a heal skill on your genie, tree's actually pretty useful once you hit around 4kish HP as that's when it starts to be better than the other choice of second wind. At least for PvE, anyways. For PvP it gets a lot more situational (again, assuming you want a heal skill from your genie) as both your HP pool and your ability to time it will/use it to force a charm tick will come into account.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • cautiousfighter
    cautiousfighter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My genie leveled to lvl90 and has 76LP and my current skills are:
    Absolute Domain
    ToP (I find myself squishy)
    Holy Path
    and i'm thinking of adding Extreme Poison since i'm not ready yet for PVP events
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Extreme is fine for a damage boost, I use it regularly
    If you have the veno skill feral concentration I would definitly pick fortify as well (and if not I would still get it lol), I didnt mention the skill as it was already said in the original post. The skill is making you immune to stuns for 3 seconds, and feral concentration is a skill that makes you immune to everything for 10 seconds but stunning you. You can resist that stun with fortify.
    If you are well known in some instances and coming across mobs that you know will try to stun you, you can use it to resist them as well. It's also very good in pvp for people that trying to stun lock you. It useful in many situations for both pve and pvp.
    Leave the skill at level 1 though for minimum energy needed, leveling it doesnt increase the duration of the skill.
    Gratz on having a nice LP genie already :3
    This is a test