Primal Skills

Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Are any of the primal skills that combine skills worse than keeping the skills separate? Post class and skill name if you think certain skills are better than the primal combined version.
Post edited by Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Skill: Furious Ocean

Class: Psychic

Reason: Without it, we've got Sandburst, Aqua Canon, and Glacial Shards to rotate as AoEs on top of Earth Vector, Crystal Light (though linear) and even Red Tide/Stone Smasher. The only real use for the skill PvE wise is as a poor man's zhen to expel oneself with (if your timing with Sage Bubble+Expel is **** or your Demon) compared to the likes of DB, Vortex, and BoA. On top of this, we lose one of our DoTs (Torrent) which has a few neat uses in PvE and is pretty important in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Debatable for some, but for me:

Skill: Demon Redstone Venomworm

Class: Venomancer

Reason: For demons - the effect changes from a 20% chance to drop pdef to 0, to a 25% chance to drop pdef by 180%. While this are often similar enough, and despite the primal version having a 5% extra chance to proc, I have no idea when the armour break actually procs, or when its 40%. Meaning I may overwrite my myriad breaks etc, with an inferior pdef break. I'd rather have the stability of knowing the pdef icon is a 0pdef break, rather than guessing and guessing wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feather Burst Would be 1 for me I'd rather have my 2 Skills I Loved using time 2 time and only skill that isn't Nerf up close some people say it's better then the Original but sure it puts shield on and push back on PVE but I'd like to see how many Mob's I hit. "BEAM ME UP SCOTTY"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    think another one would be is frost splash. it combines frost arrow with deadly shot so im not too sure if its worth getting since frost arrow alone does a much better job than havin to guess on the freeze proc. the reduced movement is 100%, even though the chi generated from it is a low % proc. but the chi proc does come in handy when it does tick.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Reason: Without it, we've got Sandburst, Aqua Canon, and Glacial Shards to rotate as AoEs on top of Earth Vector, Crystal Light (though linear) and even Red Tide/Stone Smasher. The only real use for the skill PvE wise is as a poor man's zhen to expel oneself with (if your timing with Sage Bubble+Expel is **** or your Demon) compared to the likes of DB, Vortex, and BoA. On top of this, we lose one of our DoTs (Torrent) which has a few neat uses in PvE and is pretty important in PvP.

I like Furious Ocean and use it a lot when surrounded by monsters. Its does damage to anything in the area and doesnt stop unless you run out of mp. It also drags things into it. Only PVP I do is TW so if you only play on PvE server, its worth getting it.
  • Haroin - Raging Tide
    Haroin - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Kitty likes to use Furious Ocean as it allows about 15-17 secs of phys. immune AoEing without chance of failing due to interrupts. Psy Will -> FO -> Expel -> Win, Kitty does.

And it doesn't do too bad damage either. If not speaking about end-game psys, that 6k additional damage atop 60% base damage ish very neat, especially as it hits every 2 secs without ping causing any delays. DPS-wise it even surpasses other AoEs(all psy AoEs have 3 sec channel+casting, so if FO hits even 67% as much other AoEs/hit, FO surpasses other AoEs). Demon version also surpasses chi regeneration of other AoEs.

E: Kitty calculated when other AoEs surpass FO in DPS and it requires about 23-25,5k average base damage. Which pretty much requires at least full R9rr+10 with good cards.
    Kittysama on barbie disguise.
    'Cause Kitty fell victim to Heartbleed-forced password changes =.='
    Cutest barbie on RT ^^
    "Kitty's Barbie girl, in the Kittyworld
    Life fluffytastic, it's Kittytastic!
    You can brush Kitty's fur, fashion makes Kitty purr
    Imagination, life is your creation
    Come on Barbie, FC-party!"
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Ummm not much of a difference from DB actually, only slightly lower damage. I do agree that both DB and furious ocean are quite lacking in damage, especially compared to vortex or boa.
    Lvl 11 DB:
    Unleash the power of the dragon god to surround yourself
    with a torrent of magical fire, igniting all enemies within
    12 meters. Every 3 seconds the fire consumes 350 mana, dealing
    base magic damage plus 4800 as Fire damage. Channeling continues
    until your Mana is depleted or the spell is canceled.

Costs 1 Spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haroin - Raging Tide
    Haroin - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ummm not much of a difference from DB actually, only slightly lower damage. I do agree that both DB and furious ocean are quite lacking in damage, especially compared to vortex or boa.
    Lvl 11 DB:
    Unleash the power of the dragon god to surround yourself
    with a torrent of magical fire, igniting all enemies within
    12 meters. Every 3 seconds the fire consumes 350 mana, dealing
    base magic damage plus 4800 as Fire damage. Channeling continues
    until your Mana is depleted or the spell is canceled.

Costs 1 Spark.

Kitty's sorry to correct you, but FO does actually higher DPS. Kitty calculated that it requires average 44640 base damage for DB to surpass FO in DPS, which won't happen without sparking with end-game gears.

Demon BoA surpasses demon FO at 2,5k base damage and sage BoA at 10,5k base damage.
    Kittysama on barbie disguise.
    'Cause Kitty fell victim to Heartbleed-forced password changes =.='
    Cutest barbie on RT ^^
    "Kitty's Barbie girl, in the Kittyworld
    Life fluffytastic, it's Kittytastic!
    You can brush Kitty's fur, fashion makes Kitty purr
    Imagination, life is your creation
    Come on Barbie, FC-party!"
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feather Burst Would be 1 for me I'd rather have my 2 Skills I Loved using time 2 time and only skill that isn't Nerf up close some people say it's better then the Original but sure it puts shield on and push back on PVE but I'd like to see how many Mob's I hit. "BEAM ME UP SCOTTY"

Feather Burst is pure bull ****, both pve and pvp.

On Archer forum there's the maths done on how it increases damange, and it's nearly NOTHING, the only good thing is it pushes enemies a BIT back... 2m... which is more or less HALF A SECOND more... So roughly worth geting if all you do is PV?

And for this, you have to lose 1/2 only close-ranged attacks we have (spells apart ofc).

Completly non-usefull, and animation is terrible to SEE what you're hitting...

Tbh I have 120 bloods saved, I only have Kiss of Snake and I won't be getting any of the other skills, better save bloods for next passives levels instead of geting pointless uselss expensive skills...

Frost Splash is complete idiotic to get as sage EA btw, losing your extra mag attack for that? come ooooooon, it doesn't even purge (unless they solved this already). For demons... feel free, you wont be using it as you as not likely using frost arrow or deadly arrow anyway.

Rather angry about this updates really, we just wanted new toys, not OP, not anything, JUST NEW TOYS to play U,U
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like Furious Ocean and use it a lot when surrounded by monsters. Its does damage to anything in the area and doesnt stop unless you run out of mp. It also drags things into it. Only PVP I do is TW so if you only play on PvE server, its worth getting it.

Nothing stops one from just using Psy Will and chaining Aqua Canon and other skills while surrounded (and using Vector, and Aoe, and Bubble of Life+ Expel [unless demon/lv 10]) to continue safely behind an immunity.

There's also NW, which many PVErs also "farm" where things like Invoke, SoG, and the occasional Stone Turtle Orb (or likewise) effects show up every now and then.

As for PvE? Torrent+SandTrap/Flood still maintains uses against things like Aurogon, Incarcerate, Mistress of E.Night, the UCH Dragon twins....most things that can hide behind direct damage reducing effects that isn't (successfully) speed killed or glitched. Even in the case of "non-endgame squishies" who cant pace their attacks well enough to not take aggro and die, DoTs let them contribute some damage instead of idling or camping White Voodoo

Kitty likes to use Furious Ocean as it allows about 15-17 secs of phys. immune AoEing without chance of failing due to interrupts. Psy Will -> FO -> Expel -> Win, Kitty does.

Again, nothing you can't use an AoE combo to manage all the same. Interrupts wont happen if you get ahead of a group before Psy Will either. What's more, one can even use Tide Spirit to boost their AoE DPS substantially (behind Psy Will or otherwise), which is of little benefit when using FO. FO's also only got 8 meters while DB/Vortex/BoA can be used at 12+, making it easier for them to draw in Archer/Magic types and limiting FO's use mostly to Melee targets.

And it doesn't do too bad damage either. If not speaking about end-game psys, that 6k additional damage atop 60% base damage ish very neat, especially as it hits every 2 secs without ping causing any delays. DPS-wise it even surpasses other AoEs(all psy AoEs have 3 sec channel+casting, so if FO hits even 67% as much other AoEs/hit, FO surpasses other AoEs). Demon version also surpasses chi regeneration of other AoEs.

And for those who are endgame or close to it or have decent ping? I'll give you the point on Demon chi regen, but again - tide spirit and the ability to target things >8 meters away should also be considered.

If this skill was just an update to Aqua Canon alone, it wouldn't be a big deal...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kitty's sorry to correct you, but FO does actually higher DPS. Kitty calculated that it requires average 44640 base damage for DB to surpass FO in DPS, which won't happen without sparking with end-game gears.

Demon BoA surpasses demon FO at 2,5k base damage and sage BoA at 10,5k base damage.

I'm not one to do math for skills and such, so I'll take your fluffy word for it b:cute .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JePoY - Lost City
    JePoY - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dindt take any of the merge skill just primal passive it is waste of Blood..b:laugh may it just me
    No Pain, No Gain.
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm still not 100% sure about getting Pantheon Blessing. Sure, it's useful in emergencies, but I'd prefer regular 4 squad buffs in non-emergencies. The loss of hp regen is also a bit sad, even with the bump in mp regen (which doesn't do too much for a caster anyway. maybe it does for phys classes). Just not sure it's worth the bloods.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feather Burst is pure bull ****, both pve and pvp.

On Archer forum there's the maths done on how it increases damange, and it's nearly NOTHING, the only good thing is it pushes enemies a BIT back... 2m... which is more or less HALF A SECOND more... So roughly worth geting if all you do is PV?

And for this, you have to lose 1/2 only close-ranged attacks we have (spells apart ofc).

Completly non-usefull, and animation is terrible to SEE what you're hitting...

Tbh I have 120 bloods saved, I only have Kiss of Snake and I won't be getting any of the other skills, better save bloods for next passives levels instead of geting pointless uselss expensive skills...

Frost Splash is complete idiotic to get as sage EA btw, losing your extra mag attack for that? come ooooooon, it doesn't even purge (unless they solved this already). For demons... feel free, you wont be using it as you as not likely using frost arrow or deadly arrow anyway.

Rather angry about this updates really, we just wanted new toys, not OP, not anything, JUST NEW TOYS to play U,U
    Lot of archer's kept telling me to rid of my close range skills for some 1 crappy skill that increases damage a little bit wow...But thank heavens someone else agree's with me b:chuckle I loved Frost Splash had a Cool Animation thank heavens I am Demon b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    ... The loss of hp regen is also a bit sad...

Not at all. The HP recovery buff is useless at higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming