Ok Explain

Options
Rathofdemise - Sanctuary
Rathofdemise - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
So Seeknk posted a simple thread with a video and it gets deleted yet I can link like 10 other post with videos you didn't delete.

Do you want to cover up the fact people use third partie bots or will you actually do something about it.
Post edited by Rathofdemise - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Why did it get removed? I guess the mods (one actually) just wants HL's subforum to stay dead ^_^
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I expected the post to be deleted. But the mods,

1. They aren't doing a good job by deleting something without an explanation on the first hand. (Maybe syn power dude made a video where he cried a river and sent to the mods, who knows)

2. The video has no harm rather than depicting ppl using illegal 3rd party bots. So the mods are prolly scared about the fact that the video is out there on public where everyone sees it and questions the GM abt it (when they have no idea how to stop it maybe?)

Either way, since my post was deleted according to the "TOS", can any mod explain me here in this post whats the penalty for the illegal BOT TOS violation? I kinda wana see it being implemented
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It's part of the naming and shaming rule. Mods are technically doing their job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Some mods should leave forums and let China government hire them. They would find better use of their censorship skillz there, lolz
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Options

Does naming and shaming apply to the guild as a whole? Unless Seek mentioned Synth's name...go repost the video as "Bankai Bots" instead of "Syntheros bots", then it won't be naming and shaming :)
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i never used any names, not fully. the post was named BankaiGOD illegal BOTs

and looool @ kuru !!

There are numerous thread in this forum with no action being taken for naming and flaming, I have read them all day long. So this isn't 100% true, the mods prolly rushed to delete this coz of the seriousness of the issue which they cannot reply to prolly
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i never used any names, not fully. the post was named BankaiGOD illegal BOTs

and looool @ kuru !!

There are numerous thread in this forum with no action being taken for naming and flaming, I have read them all day long. So this isn't 100% true, the mods prolly rushed to delete this coz of the seriousness of the issue which they cannot reply to prolly

DW Seek, I feel you. I've made a post here before that should not have been removed as well. Mods on this subforum make me don't even wanna post since they make the enjoyment of it to 0. They probably have their own mod-contest "who can close/remove the most posts" to get paid even more from the GM's :D:D
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    edited July 2014
    Options
    lol, true nuff.

Anyways as per that dude who deleted my post on other forum, I have pmed this to mods. Lets see what they do abt it

PS: Eoria - is my grammar correct or sud I change something b:cute
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The thread in question was obvious naming and shaming.

I don't know how it will play out if you submit a ticket about because support has been pretty hit and miss lately. I have no control of that. I'm a player not an employee of Perfect World Entertainment. The punishment for botting though is banning.

Either way support decides to deal with it though, naming and shaming isn't allowed. You aren't permitted to post videos of people breaking the TOS.

Naming and shaming is against the rules. Period and point blank. It's got nothing to do with disliking videos. It's your responsibility to know and follow the rules. And when something that is so obviously a flagrant disregard for the rules is deleted you should know exactly why. If you do end up having a question though, just PM a moderator. Any moderator. Threads that are deleted that are never even remotely borderline and all the discussion going on them is about a topic that isn't allowed. Whether or not a thread gets deleted is up to our sole discretion.

"I expected the thread to be deleted," says it all really. If it's obvious a thread is delete-bait a note is often not sent to the person unless they ask when they haven't gotten into trouble for it. If we have to PM you, that's more trouble than simple edit/delete/etc. Unless ofc it's a gray area and we are pulling you to the side to let you know. Or if you contact us. We are trying to be nice. You know because everyone has bad days so we don't keep a running tally of every bad thing someone ever said and put infractions on their account for every wrong thing they did. We mostly try to take action when users begin to show a pattern of bad behavior.

Nobody wants HL dead but you still have to follow the rules like everyone else. HL is not going to receive special treatment.

TL;DR that thread was obviously closed for naming and shaming. This thread will be closed for discussing moderation outside of the PMs. Following the rules is your responsibility, don't blame the mods if you make an obvious rules violation and then find your thread locked/deleted/edited.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.