Heartbleed [New Update 5:07 PM]

Options
1235»

Comments

• r999fund
    r999fund Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If you can login to Arc, then submit a ticket the normal way. You may need to know security answers and the like, but if you don't know or used fake ones, then be sure to include the last 5 or so locations you have played from.

I followed your instructions on how to recover my account if I had forgotten my security question answer. I answered every single question accurately, but I couldn't remember my security question. I gave them my previous log-in locations instead. However, after several exchanges, they continue to insist on a security answer that I've forgotten.

Does the support staff not know about the solution you are proposing here? Or do we need to go through you for some kind of resolution?

At first I was relieved that you had a solution to people who have forgotten their security questions, but now I am rather annoyed having to deal with support staff who have no idea what I am talking about when I refer them to what you've said.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    It is not now, nor to my knowledge has it ever been, against tos to have more than 2 accounts. It USED to be against tos to have more than 1 account ONLINE at any given time, that was changed, and is now 2 accounts online at any given time; interesting to note however, that this does not appear in tos at all, only on the pop up you get when you load the game.

It is, people cannot create more than 2 accounts, some does ofc, but it's against the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It is, people cannot create more than 2 accounts, some does ofc, but it's against the rules.

>Household of more than 1 person
    >More than 1 person in household plays PWI
    >More than 2 accounts on the same IP

PWE can't actually enforce that rule because of above example.

Besides, how are they going to check who made what anyway, because everyone fills in legit info, right? b:pleased
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Options

Besides, how are they going to check who made what anyway, because everyone fills in legit info, right? b:pleased
    The client is capable of sending data on your local PC to the server. If they happen to see several accounts running on a PC, it is very detectable. It also tracks your local gateway IP, so multiple PC's running from one location is detectable as well.

For the most part, they aren't going to come cracking down unless they see 10+ accounts coming from the same IP address.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Options

As I said people do it even if they shouldn't, not cause it's a rule that people follow it, but it's still a rule and if someone get report then they will investigate and if the person claim it's a familly living and playing there PWI could ask for proof.

But it's like any other rules, people break it and PWI doesn't give a ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    Well, Bella, the 2 account rule is in this forum in a specific area, and not actually in the tos (hence my initial ignorance of its existence), and I expect the majority of players don't know about it either. You'll note my use of italics; in this case I am using them to highlight the difference between knowing something, and thinking you know something.

In any case, back to my point. Since this is not actually in the tos that you agree to when you initially dl the game and register your account, I don't think it can actually be (legally) enforceable. I suggest the web folks at pwe/arc should remedy this lack post haste, unless they don't intend to ever enforce account/online account limits (possible, as that would mean actually doing something...)

We asked many time for PWI to make a list of the specific rules like that, along with the stuff like not killing bosses from the air with a veno/mystic, not luring bosses through doors etc.. but you know PWI, if it's not something giving them direct money they don't do it. There's some rules that cannot be found in the TOS, neither on the forum unless it's asked and that the mods answer it. (or other players)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The client is capable of sending data on your local PC to the server. If they happen to see several accounts running on a PC, it is very detectable. It also tracks your local gateway IP, so multiple PC's running from one location is detectable as well.

For the most part, they aren't going to come cracking down unless they see 10+ accounts coming from the same IP address.

I know multiple people that frequently run 6-8 at the same time, generally via two computers but a couple people somehow manage to run 6 on one. I honestly think they can't be bothered to enforce the rule since A) it would be complicated with a household and B) probably half the players in the game do it so it would just be too much effort for them. Considering they don't even have the time to help with legitimate game problems these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • _Bagyra_ - Morai
    _Bagyra_ - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    hmmm i would like to see some updates from sparkie. cause some friends trying to retrieve their accounts but getting stuck on same procedure that support even after answering most of questions and sending screen shots can not retrieve their accounts due to customer "support" going back to same questions.

Seems like nothing was done so ppl could get accounts back faster, it is what like 2 weeks passed after incident? those ppl skipped 2x weekend etc. Missing out good old days when CS actually was doing something
  • reddragonpixy
    reddragonpixy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ty for the update i was worried about y i couldnt accesses my sins acc i was worried that i t was **** or some thing but reading it i understand wat happened ty for the update