Make Mysterious Page More Available

Options
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Suggestion Box
I wanted to point out that these pages are currently only available via using tokens. These Pages are the only way to make most of the level 89 skill books. Since tokens are only available via "someone" buying zen and converting it to gold this means these skill books are only obtainable indirectly through the cash shop. There should be other methods to obtain these pages or the skills.

Old Book Page and Page of Fate became available by doing flowsilver which made most level 92 and level 99 skills more available to players. Chrono Pages did not become more available but the skill books you could make from them were added to Morai thus making them more available to players. The level 79 books were also added to Morai.

So the issue I am trying to point out is that the majority of level 89 skill books are currently indirectly tied to the cash shop due to token being the only way to get the pages to make them. To make these skills more available these pages should be added as drops to an instance. It does not matter if they be added to an old instance like Nirvana(would revive this dungeon btw) or a new instance in the future.
Post edited by Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I agree. Having to pay 10m for the tokens to get enough myst pages to get a useless book or a skill you already have is infuriating. And the resale on them is much lower than the page cost.

And skills like revive selling for 60m is not only bad for clerics, but also for anyone wanting a no exp loss res.

These pages need to drop somewhere.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Many of the books are available via bosses but... they're obviously a pain in the rear to try and farm, as sins and psychics will no doubt talk about.

These pages really should be more available. It would help both new players and give those who are established an easier time rounding out their skills. As it currently is, many people don't have complete skills because some are just too expensive for too little benefit relative to all the other things people need to do to keep up nowadays.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    As it currently is, many people don't have complete skills because some are just too expensive for too little benefit relative to all the other things people need to do to keep up nowadays.

Yup. Only reason I'm missing the demon archer buff as my last skill is that it's a token skill. Hell, there's more of these skills that aren't even worth the price.

+1 OP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I've previously suggested some nice options for it:
    - Add a trade somewhere to convert an OBP into 10 Mysterious Pages. (5 OBP = random skillbook for level 89).
    - Reduce the amount of pages needed (by as much as a factor of 10).
    - Add those skillbooks back to SoT/Aba, they were fine there. Sage/Demon 89 skills shouldn't only be available post rebirth.

And last but not least:
    - Add Tokens of Luck to the Mysterious Merchant (2 mysterious chips + 15000 coin = token of luck). This has several advantages: A coinsink to the game. It will tank the very inflated token prices with a cap. It will make the currently disliked Mysterious Chip rewards from the BH100 more popular to get. Since Mysterious Pages are bought with Tokens of Luck this will fix the lvl 89 skillbook shortage too. It will make Cube of Fate more accessible again since the Do-Alls will not be so damned expensive anymore. The world channel will be used more as Teleacoustics are cheaper again, giving the server a fuller feel...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Many of the books are available via bosses but... they're obviously a pain in the rear to try and farm, as sins and psychics will no doubt talk about.

These pages really should be more available. It would help both new players and give those who are established an easier time rounding out their skills. As it currently is, many people don't have complete skills because some are just too expensive for too little benefit relative to all the other things people need to do to keep up nowadays.

u mad!!! b:angry u wanna kill the token merchants profit margin!!! b:angry

Now on a serious note, i'm somewhat reserved on such a measure. Less books would remove a good use of tokens, and contribute to lowering the token price.

From my point of view token prices must be as high as possible (i know ima get rage over this), to make pack opening more attractive (under current sales).

Since this game gear is based on packs ATM, lowering the token price would just break and influence the prices of alot more items, than the current price of those books.