Rank 8 weapon recasting

KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide
KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Hi pwi gamers!

Over the last month I have been trying to recast a rank 8 polehammer (Dominator's Hammer: Eon) to try and get purge (Spirit Blackhole) on it.

According to PWI database, "Spirit Blackhole: Has a higher chance to dispel target's positive effect. - 10.53%" for Dominator's Hammer.

I reforged my ugly lollipop look-a-like r8 polehammer and wasn't upset that I didn't get spirit blackhole because I am not that lucky!, however over the past month, I have reshaped this piece of **** weapon a total of 71 times, to get every addon combination under the sun except spirit blackhole.
Now...am I that good that I have managed to avoid spirit blackhole 72 times in a row (0.03317% probability) or as I suspect, did the developers (or whoever actually updates the game) "accidentally" remove spirit blackhole from the list of possible addons for Dominator's hammer (or possibly other weapons too). Has anyone over the past month made a r8r polehammer and been blessed with spirit blackhole? I have sent multiple tickets asking them if it's still possible to acquire spirit blackhole as an addon but as usual the responses were "we don't know and are too lazy/unable to check" put in long, unnecessary strings of words and the tickets closed without a definite answer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can't really speak for the r8r, but as a former advote pack opener I've actually noticed a decline in good items given in those packs. I've actually heard the probablity has gotten worse for what ever reason I do not know. I do know that no has gotten the crown of madness on sanctuary to my knowledge. This is all specualation and rumors so their probably no real merit to it but this game has a terriable chance rate imo almost too rediculous.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    As usual, with most of the threads complaining about these types of things, Your Luck Just SUCKS major donkey balls.

/Thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    As usual, with most of the threads complaining about these types of things, Your Luck Just SUCKS major donkey balls.

/Thread

Can you 100% guarantee that this isn't a **** up by the devs and it is still possible to acquire spirit blackhole on r8r polehammer? If so please provide proof b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2014
    Can you 100% guarantee that this isn't a **** up by the devs and it is still possible to acquire spirit blackhole on r8r polehammer? If so please provide proof b:laugh
    I've done it before with TT items.

PW Database is basically a data dump of information that's extracted directly from the client data files. The information that is there comes from the client files, which must also exactly match the server files. (Otherwise you would get an "invalid version" error when attempting to connect to the server.)

SO you can choose to believe it, or you can ignore your sucky luck and blame the developers like everyone else does when things don't go their way.

If you want harder proof than that, get me the 1.5.1 server files from Wanmei. I only have 1.5.0 to work with here and it's showing exactly the same data it always has.
    Besides, why the hell would they arbitrarily delve deep enough into the code to remove one single stat from one weapon. I mean seriously, just the thought of doing something like that is pretty stupid. Purify Proc, I can see them doing and there would be an announcement about it being removed from ALL gear. Plus, it would be removed from all gear, not arbitrarily taken from one item. Spirit Blackhole isn't anywhere near the level of changing the game as that. I don't see them putting the effort into changing either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are you using the right forge? One forge rewrites all the add ons, takes out the previous ones and adds new ones at random.

The other forge, takes your current addons and rerolls their range.

The first one changes r8 to r8r.

72 rolls and not seeing your weapon thing, i assume you used the wrong forge. Will find the name afterwards.

EDIT: the forge is reshape = randomize all stats.

Reforge = turn r8 into r8r

Hone = reroll current stats to get different values.
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are you using the right forge?

72 rolls and not seeing your weapon thing, i assume you used the wrong forge. Will find the name afterwards.

this ^
    the spirit of the forge one lets you see and have the option to view what your gonna get and keep if u dont for 2 chienkun stones should try that next time b:laugh
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
    edited July 2014

PW Database is basically a data dump of information that's extracted directly from the client data files. The information that is there comes from the client files, which must also exactly match the server files. (Otherwise you would get an "invalid version" error when attempting to connect to the server.)

SO you can choose to believe it, or you can ignore your sucky luck and blame the developers like everyone else does when things don't go their way.

If you want harder proof than that, get me the 1.5.1 server files from Wanmei. I only have 1.5.0 to work with here and it's showing exactly the same data it always has.
    Besides, why the hell would they arbitrarily delve deep enough into the code to remove one single stat from one weapon. I mean seriously, just the thought of doing something like that is pretty stupid. Purify Proc, I can see them doing and there would be an announcement about it being removed from ALL gear. Plus, it would be removed from all gear, not arbitrarily taken from one item. Spirit Blackhole isn't anywhere near the level of changing the game as that. I don't see them putting the effort into changing either.

So if pwi database is a data dump of information from client files, which version? There are clearly items, quests, etc there that is available only for PW-China and not to others, and vice versa. What happens if one item is different for each of versions?

If I had recasted 10-20 times, hell even 50 times until I had gotten it, I would have accepted it. But 71 times now...seriously? I open a lot of packs, I used to farm a lot of TT, I know about probability and how 'lucky' or 'unlucky' one can be in PWI. I also don't blame developers just because things don't go my way, but I do blame them for silly bugs or **** ups on their part.

Getting you server files? No thanks, but harder proof would be someone, ANYONE, who has managed to get spirit blackhole on r8r polehammer in the past 1-2 months b:victory

Lastly, that is why I said "accidentally", because it is not uncommon for developers of any game, SPECIALLY PWE games, to make changes involuntarily or unknowingly.
    Are you using the right forge? One forge rewrites all the add ons, takes out the previous ones and adds new ones at random.

The other forge, takes your current addons and rerolls their range.

The first one changes r8 to r8r.

Yes I know what the forges do.

Reforged - converted my r8 to r8r.

Reshaped - changing addons to acquire spirit blackhole

The 3rd forge is to rehone which keeps the same addons but changes their value.

This isn't my first r8r weapon and I know how to use the forges.

I also don't need to use spirit of the forge because r8r isn't my primary weapon, and 2 chienkuns cost more than 2mil so reshaping is cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    In that case, disregard above post b:victory.

Sadly price jumped on these, previously it was cheaper to use chienkun than to go to forges.

I would say it is your bad luck. I got spirit blackhole on my r8 axes for bm on the 8th roll.
  • Nipon - Raging Tide
    Nipon - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey and hi there.

Here is my story about rolling R8r hope it helps you.

I got spirit blackhole on R8r last year on November if I didn't remember wrong about time. First time I got 20 defense LV on it but I was greedy more defense LV so I went reroll by using Chienkun stone and it came out spirit blackhole on my R8r and I keep it.

After that I went to roll another R8r for defense LV but it keep me rolling 38 times and no defense LV in a single try. It cames out with GoF/Square Formation/Thunder Strike/Spirit Blackole but no defense LV. I got Square Formation on it and keep it and next week I try to reroll again after NW around 13-15 times but still no defense LV and next week again I reroll around 15 times and still no defense LV and next week after NW I went to reroll again and got 24 defense LV in the first try.

and New Year I stoped quit to play around 4.5 months to do real life stuff and came back to play in May and I npc my defense LV pole by acident so I went to roll a new one and I roll many times and got defense LV on it. My goal is 22+ defense LV and good stat. here is my result. When I went to reroll I got defense LV many times on it but surprise I didn't see any spirit blackhole. I roll 15 times per week after NW. in 15 rolls first week got defense LV on it such as 20/22/23/ but bad stat. and another week I reroll again and got lucky with 28 defense LV and good stat on 10 tries. ( and yes didn't see spirit blackhole came out)

so I think about stat that came out on R8r. I guess it depends on time mechanic in game. I suggest if you didn't see any spirit blackhole on it on 15-20 tries just stop it and do it again next weak. That will burn your coins a lot to keep reroll forever that day. I know how you feel bad about it. I really hate something in this game called "Luck"b:surrender
  • MagicSiren - Archosaur
    MagicSiren - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014

PWIdatabase dont show accuratly information on R8c so i have to thing thats wrong statement or is just that they are using old client files and stoped updating. If u have any doubt about that check the completion bonus for R8C on Psys. With 3 part of R8c u should get +1500HP (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32282) but what u get is +1500 Soulforce (screen), so i think the doubt that the OP has is perfectly valid considering that http://www.pwdatabase.com/ is know for failing on R8cast items. Besides, 71 failures on something with 10% is statiscatly signigicative number, is not the classic guys who made 10 trys on somethings or 71 on something with less than 1% chance. Moreover, most of the people who goes for R8Cast weapon as a barb usually try to get def levels so most probably will not pay attention if they dont spirirt blackhole.

The forums usually get filed with people that claimed things where changed without valid argument, but 71 trys on something with 10% probabilities, on items that pwidatabase fail on reproduce and with the additional factor that the forges where changed to include the chance on forging from TT items when before the only way to make it was using R8 weapons, I think he has lot of argument to ask for it and not dismiss his doubt without equal valid arguments.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dug out my hex editor for you conspiracy theorists. Happy?

And no, as is always the case, and as Sylen pointed out in the second post in this thread, nothing has changed. Spirit Blackhole is still there.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    I dug out my hex editor for you conspiracy theorists. Happy?

And no, as is always the case, and as Sylen pointed out in the second post in this thread, nothing has changed. Spirit Blackhole is still there.

That link doesn't tell me anything :D.

Also out of curiosity, skillbooks are no longer dropped in Abaddon/SoT however according to PW database the bosses are still listed with books as drops.

And as MagicSiren mentioned, there seems to be many false information on PW database. (Thank you for SS as proof b:victory )

Nipon if you're not exaggerating, and you reshaped a weapon 38 times, then 13-15 times, then 15 times again then got defense levels after that, I will keep reshaping my weapon and see what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That link doesn't tell me anything :D.
    It's the part of the client files that shows the Spirit Blackhole addon still present for the r8r polehammer. It may look like nonsense to you, but it'd take hours and likely a ban (or at least a warning) for me to explain here.
    Also out of curiosity, skillbooks are no longer dropped in Abaddon/SoT however according to PW database the bosses are still listed with books as drops.

And as MagicSiren mentioned, there seems to be many false information on PW database. (Thank you for SS as proof b:victory )

PWDB is slightly outdated at the moment. See the bottom of the page:
    Created using PW Sirens of war: Version 1.4.8 Build 2305

As for the r8r set bonus showing +1500 HP: that appears to be a text error on pwdb's part, not a problem with the data they are using. Addon texts need to be manually mapped to addon type ids, so mistakes like that can happen.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The last 10 tries I made ended up with being 4 out the 10 tries with SB. That was in April. SB alone always seemed to me like no problem at all xDD

What I really wanted was SB + range (anti sin kiting and stuffs). That would have been OP. SB alone is useless for me because the effect doesnt proc for me...ever. Maybe fter a hundred hits. maybe.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited July 2014
    Thank you all for the replies, comments, thoughts, experiences etc.

I will try another 29 times and see what happens b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    The last 10 tries I made ended up with being 4 out the 10 tries with SB. That was in April. SB alone always seemed to me like no problem at all xDD

What I really wanted was SB + range (anti sin kiting and stuffs). That would have been OP. SB alone is useless for me because the effect doesnt proc for me...ever. Maybe fter a hundred hits. maybe.

Is this what you were looking for joe ?

I still have to hone it for max range, but left it as it came out.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I know the files are not completely accurate. You can get channeling on the HA barb chest. There is no telling what else is missing
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz