On farming for end-game stuff

Options
Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Suggestion Box
Been debating posting about this for awhile, but it's something that's been annoying me.

-You can't farm half your stuff anymore. EVERYTHING from end-game hat/cape to shards to S cards is through the cash shop and a lot of it is random chance. Like, the complaints people have of being bored? Half of it's 'cause they can't really farm any of their gear outside of farming coin -> buy gold. It's not as good of a drive to get it like say someone trying to farm their Nirvana gear back in the day would be or currently like someone farming NW upgrades. We WANT more things to do. Not just dailies and then go bot for coin while we have a catshop up somewhere, but things we can actually go into a dungeon and farm whenever we want and eventually 100% get instead of just either farming coin to buy gold and praying that we're lucky or charging for gold and praying that we're lucky. You would end up with a much healthier playerbase and people that would actually play the game.

-On the topic of farming dungeons, more stuff like TT/Nirvana and less like EU/AEU/FSP/UCH. tbh, the whole require x amount of players thing and teamwork is nice, but when it becomes every new dungeon, it's annoying. I would just like a repeatable instance that can be farmed infinitely sometimes either solo or with one or two more people if you're well-geared or in a 6+ person squad if you're not that well-geared.

-Once again, random chance is terrible and raffling off end-game gear does nothing but annoy the **** out of people and make them consider why they still play. Stop doing it. Like, I don't mind raffling mounts/flyers/fashion, but gear is...zzz...

-As others have suggested in other threads, stuff like Perfect Tokens of Luck, War Avatar Catalysts, Ancient Emblems, etc. need to be turned into a coinsink.

Okay, I'm done. -___-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    - revamp use less instance:

- nirvana (farm rank gear? instead of chests with rap/canny, have MoG/GST, makes sense cause it is a daily limited instance)

- non-bh low level instance (no one does these anyways)

- Add secret hall ways/restricted access paths (i.e mus-t be lv 100+ or 2nd reborn) in countless places in instance and jus-t on world map for farming coin/gear/cards/etc.

- make secrets hidden throughout the map (randomize location creator) upon finding node, player recieve 10m coin somethin like that

- add new instance that boss drops c-s cards (make the instance like lunar (like a 1m buyin) but all monsters drop c cards and bosses drop b-s cards). Maybe you can even introduce S+ cards via this instance. NOTE: MAKE THE INSTANCE HARD

- create another way to attain rank 9 gear, 3/4+ of the cost of r93rd cast is still just plain r9

- add more coin sink:

- would love faction bank (100 slot per tab, first tab free with 250m purchase, each add tab 100m). Leader can set all permissions relating to taking and putting in coin/items for every guild rank

more ideas to come...........
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think the OP is misunderstanding the nature of an MMO. Second M standing for Multi Player. That the higher level dungeons require teamwork rather then a single overpowered character to blow through is a good thing. That S+ cards aren't available more readily is a given, that's the highest end stuff that you can get. S cards are available with some difficulty... It would be nice if there was a way to farm War Avatar Catalyst so that Flowsilver coins can be used to create S packs without the need to cash shop.

Boomz idea of a faction bank is a very nice one. Handy to stow in some crafting materials for leveling crafter skills and such.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.