What is considered "taking the game too seriously"

Options
124»

Comments

• morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You take this game too seriously when you feel justified to bully, harass, kick from your squad people who are still learning how to play just because "you don't have time to loose with noobs".

Jerks are jerks, no matter if they act in real life or in a game.

And of course, you take this game too seriously when you start to hacking accounts, stealing items for real life currency, and you refuse to find a job because you rather to stay in PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When you ragequit squad because you lost in a duel...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hate the phrase, "It's just a game."

If you put time, money and effort into something I think you've earned the right to get upset, frustrated, angry, happy, excited, ect. about it. Anything less and I might think you a robot. And I have to wonder if the people who say such things have forgotten that while the 'character' they're talking to is just pixels, there is an actual human controlling it. MMOs are not just games, they're communities where you interact with people through the guise of a character in a game. That is, and likely always will be the appeal of an MMO. As you play you meet people, make friends and enemies; form relationships with others. At that point, how can you justify calling it, "Just a game."

I agree, it's like people forget others have feelings as they do.
    Well, this reminds me of what someone once said in another MMO

"If you spend a few hours a day in a game for a few years how can you say its not part of your life?"

You can turn off the computer, but one can never just turn off ones emotions, good or bad. And if you feel no emotions, then that must be an empty life.

just wanted to say this.
    I totally agree with this!
    Taking the game too seriously is when someone (who has no knowledge of your perfect world name) mentions your character name in real life, and you respond to it...or prepare to respond. Lol.

Lol, I've nearly done this, but my Cleric name is a name I use in role plays a lot, so that may be why.

I have to agree with a couple of the others here. Telling someone you love them when you just met (or have never met, due to perfect match), is too far, and this has happened to me a lot, or someone pming you to solicit you, also happened to me. That's really a whole other issue entirely, but I still think it fits with the taking things to seriously.....WAY TO SERIOUSLY!
    Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When you congratulate your microwave because it dinged.

^ Winner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When you call someone's entire faction fail because their member and several other PWI players have arc/connection issues.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    sometimes i just dont know...

sometimes i think its the time they spend on PWI. But then again, our own free time isnt exactly the universal basis of normal time and there are pple who just tend to have ALOT of free time.

sometimes i think its reactions. But then again everyone has a different patience span and it differs on subjects. Again im not the universal basis so i cant say.

Buying zhen? nope. Some pple are just richer than others, a fact we have to deal with. What we call a luxury could just be a trifle to them. Like us buying a can of coke or something lol.

Conclusion: I dont know lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    b:cryXx_BeLLa_xX pk me im calling her mom to you big meanie b:cryb:surrender
  • sbzcp
    sbzcp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    omg this game is FULL of "too serious" peoples. I think you are taking the game WAY too seriously if:

1. you consider in game marriage to be ACTUAL marriage. personal experience with several young stalker women wanting the same guy and won't let me off the hook until they KNOW that "our love is the real thing." And I had these stalkers for about 2-3 months. We just wanted the marriage quests. JESUS H. CHRIST, PEOPLE. b:surrender

2. When you get pissed at a noob tank or cleric for not knowing how to do said dungeon/tw/etc or dying in said dungeon/tw/etc. Yeah, he's just gonna keep on dying until someone explains or until he gets it. Kicking him out of the squad and/or telling WC that he's a fail ___ and that you shouldn't invite him into your squad isn't going to help that new player learn. If you are one of these people,...well...then *** you.

3. You think that anyone with r9rr is a rich snob and doesn't deserve their gear.

4. Someone leaving your faction without saying so deserves to be talked **** about behind their back.

5. You think that the people in World Chat actually do CARE about your problems

6. You **** someone's account cuz he pked you,hes a fail,"I deserve this",or you're lazy as hell
    b:shocked
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When someone thinks hes a big number because he has "OMG endgame gear +12 !!!!!!" and because can say "OMG i oneshotted you so pro !!!". And yet reaches nothing in real life and didnt even bother to learn manners. Its okay to feel proud somewhat if you are good in playing a game, but youre taking to WAY to seriously if you think your r9rr, pk-kills or dungeons you can solo makes you a better person in real life.

The same with knowledge. You may know how the game works, but this alone doesnt make you a smart person. People need to seperate this game with their reali lifes.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    When they keep an emergency pee jar under the desk connected to a catheter and have mom spoon them when they refuse to leave the game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I have to agree with a couple of the others here. Telling someone you love them when you just met (or have never met, due to perfect match), is too far, and this has happened to me a lot, or someone pming you to solicit you, also happened to me. That's really a whole other issue entirely, but I still think it fits with the taking things to seriously.....WAY TO SERIOUSLY!

No, that's just being desperate.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    Options
    When people compare server wc to real life war... b:sweat

• sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    When someone holds you in game and you have two people pming you about it. I don't take embracing seriously. It's pixels..but to tell me that Person C saw me being held and then told Person A about it..and then having to check it out for yourself AND THEN having Person B question me about my relationship with the person who was holding me is crazy.

It's probably why I stopped playing, I don't want to get into drama, I'm over it in general, and don't want to feel like I'm being watched.
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

But drama ish a war ._.

Both drama and war cause hate and sorrow, giving Kitty plentiful of Q.Q to feed on ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Colum ^^

It's just me who found you evil as ... ? b:laughb:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    theres a term for that.

its called "analogy" >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan