THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

What do we think?
Post edited by Djcale - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Buy your own packs from the boutique and you won't have to deal with token merchants. Not only that, you have a small chance to get something decent.

Otherwise, put up with the token prices
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Djcale - Raging Tide
    Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Why should I?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You dont have to.

You can choose not to use any.

You can however not overcome the forces of supply and demand with a strike, the whole notion of that is just silly. Its like protesting against the rain or the wind.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Why should I?

Then don't. Go without tokens. The game is perfectly playable without them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It can't work. Nobody would band together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Assuming you got RT's entire forum population that wouldn't even be half of the server doing this. And there's no way you'd get -everyone- to do this so.... lol
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Assuming you got RT's entire forum population that wouldn't even be half of the server doing this. And there's no way you'd get -everyone- to do this so.... lol

Even my reply was more respectful, for shame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Tried that with people with their wallets a several months back to voice their concerns about how this company is continuing to go downhill and outright ignoring the player base. It was ignored just like this will be. And OPKossy is right, there is a minority of players that come to the forums compared to the actual player base. Even if you get a lot of people to agree with it here, for it to trickle down to the rest of the server is not likely. It would take a lot more than just a forum post for them to pay attention.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Lol? You just think everyone is stupid don't you? Pathetic. What exactly is it you are doing to help the economy?
    Yeah it's a **** idea but at least someone is trying lol... Try to be more respectful of these kind of genuine attempts to oppose rising prices of everything.

If you're not even able to keep composure on a forum site god help you in real life. Stick to this form of voluntary work. I would hate to see this level of service in any other industry.

You don't need -everyone- to do it either. When was the last teacher strike you saw had every teacher in the world not working for a period of time? Yeah? No. GG. Learn some manners.

They should make tokens obtainable from supply tokens (with a small fee) to act as a coin sink. If they did the same with gold charms you'd add a double coin sink but then I guess you'd get everyone who doesn't play on a weekend to QQ..

But then if you can't make weekends, chances are you don't play the game enough for this to even matter that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Lol? You just think everyone is stupid don't you? Pathetic. What exactly is it you are doing to help the economy?
    Yeah it's a **** idea but at least someone is trying lol... Try to be more respectful of these kind of genuine attempts to oppose rising prices of everything.

If you're not even able to keep composure on a forum site god help you in real life. Stick to this form of voluntary work. I would hate to see this level of service in any other industry.

You don't need -everyone- to do it either. When was the last teacher strike you saw had every teacher in the world not working for a period of time? Yeah? No. GG. Learn some manners.

They should make tokens obtainable from supply tokens (with a small fee) to act as a coin sink. If they did the same with gold charms you'd add a double coin sink but then I guess you'd get everyone who doesn't play on a weekend to QQ..

But then if you can't make weekends, chances are you don't play the game enough for this to even matter that much.
    Someone has some serious issues they need to work out, it seems.

I'm not gonna waste my time breaking down your **** because it's just that: a waste of time. Go whine and moan somewhere else.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Token strike? Mhm. Will you also:
    - Wine strike
    - Do-alls strike
    - Reduce the worldchannel to utter silence due to lack of teles

Unlikely to happen. That said, I favor the idea of craftable tokens of luck as a coinsink (preferably with Mysterious Chips rather then NW tokens though). Would end up solving a lot of problems with the economy and also put those extortionate token sellers in their place. I mean, 'cmon... this game -is- created in a communist nation right? b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    all I can say to this is.... either tough it or go to another server b:chuckle though if u're ok w/ only 3k hp/mp pots do the blue/ purple divine quests at upper lvls and u can get free pots that way. though I get enough crappy pots from grinding that I only use herb/crab meat when I pvp >.>
    edited June 2014
    Options
    if u're ok w/ only 3k hp/mp pots do the blue/ purple divine quests at upper lvls and u can get free pots that way. though I get enough crappy pots from grinding that I only use herb/crab meat when I pvp >.>

Basically this ^^ though I don't PvP and use crabs in NW or in times of need. With RB toons galore wines aren't really necessary for any BH/FB, as many can solo, or at most form a small squad to complete it.
    The only thing tokens are good for are hypers and telecoustics, and the latter isn't really necessary either except when forming squads, though I think the majority of the tele addicts are just addicted to seeing their own WC jibberish.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Djcale - Raging Tide
    Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Do us all a favour and close the thread.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Do us all a favour and close the thread.

That would be the wisest thing. Not because of the mod though.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    inb4 close
    b:cute
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Meh, my post got deleted again. Nice.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    *snip*

While I do agree that OPKossy was a little... rude about it, we ALL lose our composure from time to time, she arguably shouldn't have with this, but it does happen, forum mods are after all still very much human. Hell even if she was a bot she would be limited to the responses that a human programmed her with.

It can be quite hard to keep your composure IF your constantly keeping track of a very... vile/unhappy community, not to mention real life... issues.

--

As for the idea, I am afraid that it wouldn't work, too many people find that the tokens are far too useful these days, even though a lot of the things gotten from them aren't ABSOLUTELY needed, they are still far too useful for many people to just say **** it and go elsewhere for their pots/food.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    closed at the request of the OP

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.