Heroic Warsong daily

Options
HideYoHubby - Archosaur
HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Quality Corner
I havent tested if this happens with other prime world dailies too or not but I would assume it might.

1. Take quest, go get your quest thingies.
2. Come back to npc and port out of story mode.
3. Try to turn the quest in on the npc, which has the icon for turning quest in and the quest even, it just wont work.
4. Port back to story mode and you cant turn it in there either. Lazy as I was I didnt think of relogging to see if that would of helped.

So either the quest glitches upon leaving story mode or for trying to turn it in on "wrong npc". And yes, I found it out for accidentally porting back before turning it, noticing "hey I can turn it in here too, cool" only to have my daily glitch.
__Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
Post edited by HideYoHubby - Archosaur on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I recently had the same thing happened to me.

What happened was this:

The quest items (the things you 'dig') disappear when you leave story mode.

If I remember correctly I just picked up the 10 things needed to dig, and redid that one, turned it in, then did the next days.

Definitely have to be careful with things in primal world/astral domain (new starting area) as a lot of things expire when leaving the area/story mode.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm betting it was because you talked to the normal (out of story mode) NPC. I've tele stoned out before and had to get the 10 pills again, finish the quest, and have been able to turn it in. So long as I turned it in in story mode.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I havent tested if this happens with other prime world dailies too or not but I would assume it might.

1. Take quest, go get your quest thingies.
    2. Come back to npc and port out of story mode.
    3. Try to turn the quest in on the npc, which has the icon for turning quest in and the quest even, it just wont work.
    4. Port back to story mode and you cant turn it in there either. Lazy as I was I didnt think of relogging to see if that would of helped.

So either the quest glitches upon leaving story mode or for trying to turn it in on "wrong npc". And yes, I found it out for accidentally porting back before turning it, noticing "hey I can turn it in here too, cool" only to have my daily glitch.

Proper order is:
    1. Take quest, go get quest thingies.
    2. Come back to quest NPC and turn in quest.
    3. Port out of story mode.

Never tried it in your order, and never had a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm confused: Story mode and Normal mode are 2 different maps. Why would you try to turn in a quest from one map to an NPC in the other? The two maps aren't just for show b:surrender

Quests from map 1 are to be turned in on map 1, quests from map 2 are to be turned in on map 2. It's logical in my eyes, and not considered a bug if a map 1 quest can't be completed to an npc in map 2.

You can't port out of story mode during Queen Liu's daily quest at all either because sadly you won't be able to complete that quest for the day (just disappears and unable to re-take)