Sage Gale force

purechaosbaby87
purechaosbaby87 Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Mystic
any other mystics out there experiencing the problem in lunar runs, when i use Sage Gale Force it knock backs all mobs, but yet when in delta,fc Big Room, or just grinding it does not scatter the mobs. Squad finds it annoying but yet lunar squads always tell me "use your AOE"s please" yet they get butt hurt when i do, mystics have 2 aoe's, one is primal swirling myst and gale force, im not counting plants because I rarely use them unless there is no debuffer in squad.
Post edited by purechaosbaby87 on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lunar is the only instance where it's a real problem. All mobs there are immune to Freeze, so they *will* run when sealed. Seal seems to occur about 60% of the time, so roughly six out of ten mobs will run away every time you use Gale Force.

If your damage is not that good you should not GF. Drop Creeper to debuff mobs, use Bramble Tornado to push outlying mobs into other people's aoes, NV spam the increased defense and increased life mobs. Also you should have Storm Mistress out and highlight her second skill so she spams it.

If your damage is good, triple spark Lucky Break Gale Force. Your squad won't complain if mobs are dead.
  • purechaosbaby87
    purechaosbaby87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    well now i know why, thanks for the info on the mobs, my mystic wont be using gale force in there anymore.b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    well now i know why, thanks for the info on the mobs, my mystic wont be using gale force in there anymore.b:victory

It still can be useful, if your are with a weak squad that die often then use it, it will make it easier for people to survive if the mobs are silent or if you are one of the biggest DD of your squad do it since it will make it faster, it really depend of the squad you are going with, but see it as a life saver in some cases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not a mystic and have never played one so I have no idea how much damage these combos would do or how realistic it would be butcouldn't you consider punishing sting, befuddling creeper, spider vine, and listless blossom as psuedo aoes when paired with instant lysing? Assuming they do decent damage, it's a lot more aoe potential. If indeed this is the case you should really consider them as aoes as well. With 3s cd on instant lysing you could chain them together quite effectively, possibly better than a seeker can chain aoes (not including vortex) and for less chi.

Just a thought... and very possibly entirely wrong. But I like thinking.
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    I'm not a mystic and have never played one so I have no idea how much damage these combos would do or how realistic it would be butcouldn't you consider punishing sting, befuddling creeper, spider vine, and listless blossom as psuedo aoes when paired with instant lysing? Assuming they do decent damage, it's a lot more aoe potential. If indeed this is the case you should really consider them as aoes as well. With 3s cd on instant lysing you could chain them together quite effectively, possibly better than a seeker can chain aoes (not including vortex) and for less chi.

Just a thought... and very possibly entirely wrong. But I like thinking.

The biggest damage dealt by a plant on lysing is the stinger, which does not nearly as much damage as a single aoe skill.

On top of that, to get this, it's 2 seconds to channel and cast the plant, then 2 more seconds to channel and cast lysing (I'm basing this on lvl 10 skills, sage might be faster). So in 4 seconds you get a small amount of aoe physical damage (I think about 3-4k? Not sure on exact). Whereas lvl 10 gale force, channel and cast in 2 seconds, is probably more like 20k, depending on wep, and even more with rapid growth.

Lysing the stinger is not nearly as high damage as own aoes or storm's aoe. If your hit isn't high enough to get them all in one before running away, I guess lysing is a possibility, but I would probably just do 1v1 on the incr life and def mobs while letting storm aoe. I've been in lunar squads where a mystic did this instead of gale force, worked fine.

Throwing up a creeper or spidervine to aoe debuff would be helpful too.

And OP, next time someone yells at you to use gale force in lunar, just explain why you can't and use storm's aoe. Really, these days most squads are fine without the extra aoe power. I'm a slow-*** cleric and with some squads I don't even get to the pull before a seeker vortexes it all to oblivion.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    On top of that, to get this, it's 2 seconds to channel and cast the plant, then 2 more seconds to channel and cast lysing (I'm basing this on lvl 10 skills, sage might be faster).

Primal Lysing is instacast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Only using gale force, may it be demon or sage, is bad unless you have atleast a g16/r9 +10 wep (Or just do decent damage...)

Now use 3 spark,rapid growth, swirling mist,lucky break-gale force... and then nobody will complain...

Actually... this post should of been closed when CapnK replied.... (Sorry for the double post)