Build for PvE farm

2»

Comments

• peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @WannaBM 10% sounds about accurate.. but your statement before about "a few %" is a far cry from 10%

*facepalm*

If you're killing in 20-30 seconds you'll never be able to subsea, nor the bm hf a second time as they won't cooldown fast enough. My theory with your bm.. is that they were never expecting to have to HF a 2nd time, but do to an incompetent sin who doesn't use subsea the fight took longer than expected.

Wanna kill it faster every time? Use subsea.

I get the feeling you're not listening or that it's impossible to reason with you. The benefits you can bring to your squad by using subsea properly are significant. Not contributing to a squad as a whole makes you a waste of a player spot.

I'm done here. Sorry to the OP for the derailment. Good luck on your build.
  • betron
    betron Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    @WannaBM 10% sounds about accurate.. but your statement before about "a few %" is a far cry from 10%

*facepalm*

If you're killing in 20-30 seconds you'll never be able to subsea, nor the bm hf a second time as they won't cooldown fast enough. My theory with your bm.. is that they were never expecting to have to HF a 2nd time, but do to an incompetent sin who doesn't use subsea the fight took longer than expected.

Wanna kill it faster every time? Use subsea.

I get the feeling you're not listening or that it's impossible to reason with you. The benefits you can bring to your squad by using subsea properly are significant. Not contributing to a squad as a whole makes you a waste of a player spot.

I'm done here. Sorry to the OP for the derailment. Good luck on your build.

Put some glasses on. I said i use or try use subsea in same time with bm hf. And i ****** use subsea second time but bm still doeant hf.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Subsea no Subsea. Spark no spark, Who the hell cares? i dont. I dont even care what the rest of the squad is doing. If i die i get up and try again. If i dont die YAY. I subsea or spark everytime i feel th need to do it and till now no sqaud has complained about me. And ifd one day they will complain i dont care cause i dont take the game as serious as I see some ppl here does that.b:laugh
    I think skullterror did what he wanted, took you away from the real thread of the post and now he laughing seeing all you arguing about some game things.
    giphy.gif

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    betron wrote: »
    What you are saying is good in sqaud that dont need 5minutes to kill vile1st boss in lunar . And sqauds that have bm in it. A bm with good refines not those with 6-7k hp.
    In a sqaud with good Bm, good barb i dont get aggro no matter how many times i spark or not spark. I dont steal agro at all.

Scenario 1: sqaud with good Bm , good barb and other 3 ppl:
    Buff myslf with tidal protection, deaden nerves , have 3 sparks ready i go after tank, rib strike to slow boss attack and try use subsea in same time with bm hf, click inner harmony, triple spark and attack, the boss lose half hp in less than 10seconds. Then repeat . The problem is bm cant buid fast enough chi to hf again.
    Senario 2: squads that need 5minutes to kill vile boss. Triple spark helped me survive or get killed last after the tank and bm died. In these situations everytime i tried to amp the damage dealt be the other squad members instead of sparking to survive i found myself died first.

In your second scenario... you should have brought one or more archers or casters, who can attack and kill Genesis Blink (normal and vile) without taking serious damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • bloodedone87
    edited June 2014
    In your second scenario... you should have brought one or more archers or casters, who can attack and kill Genesis Blink (normal and vile) without taking serious damage.

In neither one of my scenarios i made the sqauds.
    giphy.gif

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In that case... on Genesis Blink vile, you should have acted as archer. (You do have a halfway decent bow, don't you?)

The normal Genesis Blink you wouldn't have the range to avoid the mobs, but there are no mobs to worry about on the vile, and by using a bow you're avoiding the killer melee attacks while purged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    and then you should also take into account Blood rush, which lasts 30s instead of 8.

Im not exaggerating anything. I just keep thinking it is silly that people all think of sins when they think of 3-3 soloers while barbs do about the same single target dps and have double the pdef, double the HP, double the aoe capabilities and continuous runspeed.

To me biggest difference is ability to jump trough walls on sin. While yes, you run faster I believe I might beat in the time it takes me to get my mob count done. All in all it doesnt really matter, both options work just fine.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @betron

Yeah i got to agree with u to a certian point. If u have low hp u might feel the need to spark to avoid death resist purge ect. But:

Let me consider this for myself first. I am sage with sage subsea and sage pdash. In my case while soloing it's not 130% of dmg from subsea but 150% (which is the more reason to use it)

The only reason when u are suposed to not use subsea after saprk while killing a boss is when u use p dash after spark(+gennie debuff ep and mire).

Ok now considering in general.

Aslo if u are 5.0 that basicly means u have the chi to spark every 15 sec. But if all u are doing while killing the boss is sparking and saving chi for the need of extra spark it will be tough and it's true u might die. I whould personaly sugest ya to start using debuffs that reduce targets defence or increase ur dmg for more bp heals (more bp heals=lesss chance u will need to spark again).
    In short u have to use debuffs to not let the situation of the spark avoid death need b:pleased

If i am in the situation that will force me to die i will either use apoth either use gennie (quite sure have them not in cd when starting boss) then use the extra time to get chi/rib the boss/use tidal or focus/use deaden(asuming i didn't have buffs at start of the boss).

For the lack of chi to spark i'd advice to use u a gennie skill: chi iphon/cloud erupt. When i was very little sin i use to have cloud erupt on gennie jsut for that reason and it worked great. While killing beast in 3-1 i could use domain/apoth/ce+spark for purge resist.

Hope that this will help and u will try it out.
    edited June 2014
    @betron

Yeah i got to agree with u to a certian point. If u have low hp u might feel the need to spark to avoid death resist purge ect. But:

Let me consider this for myself first. I am sage with sage subsea and sage pdash. In my case while soloing it's not 130% of dmg from subsea but 150% (which is the more reason to use it)

The only reason when u are suposed to not use subsea after saprk while killing a boss is when u use p dash after spark(+gennie debuff ep and mire).

Ok now considering in general.

Aslo if u are 5.0 that basicly means u have the chi to spark every 15 sec. But if all u are doing while killing the boss is sparking and saving chi for the need of extra spark it will be tough and it's true u might die. I whould personaly sugest ya to start using debuffs that reduce targets defence or increase ur dmg for more bp heals (more bp heals=lesss chance u will need to spark again).
    In short u have to use debuffs to not let the situation of the spark avoid death need b:pleased

If i am in the situation that will force me to die i will either use apoth either use gennie (quite sure have them not in cd when starting boss) then use the extra time to get chi/rib the boss/use tidal or focus/use deaden(asuming i didn't have buffs at start of the boss).

For the lack of chi to spark i'd advice to use u a gennie skill: chi iphon/cloud erupt. When i was very little sin i use to have cloud erupt on gennie jsut for that reason and it worked great. While killing beast in 3-1 i could use domain/apoth/ce+spark for purge resist.

Hope that this will help and u will try it out.

Lot of things I disagree with. First of all you dont need 15s to recover 3 sparks as 5aps. 300/25 = 12s.

I heavily disagree bout powerdashing or SSing when you are soloing. The time it takes to inner + cast either of the skill will cost you most if not all the increased dps you gain from it. I much rather have my chi skills off CD in case I need to spark for reason or the other. In squad situation SS is useful though some ppl will EP and thus **** your SS even when you tell them not to. Granted thats more of issue with idiots than the skill itself.

As for chi skills in genie, I really dislike them on sin genie. You have 2 strong chi skills, one of them instant cast, they should be enough if you dont waste your chi.

My PvE genie has AD, holypath, mire, EP and badge of courage if I remember correctly. Think all are pretty obvious choices outside of badge. I have it as I didnt think of other helpful skill and on dex genie I can count on it fairly well. Helps to avoid steelations bs stun + aps combo, Emperors bubble and beasts stun + purge combo. It was also helpful for FC and bubble boss, though I cant remember the last time the thing actually managed to bubble me(Dies with maze still on). Its also kewl for water vile in WS when I miss time my knife throw to cancel the stun.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BTW i also think it is nice to look at genie use during TT farming.

The genie has limited energy available. To use it to the max, try to never have it be full and stop recharging of course. But what is each skill worth ?

Holy path 6s * 15ms: for barb saves 4s, for sin saves 12s.
    Mire +20%dmg over 10s: saves 2s
    EP +20% over 6s: saves 1.2s
    CE 110 chi would otherwise take 22 attacks @ 3.3 = 7s during wich i do the dmg that shoule be done in 2. Saves 5s not interesting for sin of course they dont need CE :)

Of course dex makes them a little better and they multiply making mire + EP increase the effect slightly for each when used together. Still, it is not comparable with holy paths value for a non-barb. For barbs its about equal if we take into account the energy costs of the skills.

Therefore if there is significant running after the current boss youre killing, it is most efficient to have your genie recharge during battle as much as possible and use it on holy path rather than ep/mire. I think this also shows that a high magic genie is most effective by far for TT farming.

the cost of genie use is not so bad. 3 energy per second recharge = 180 per minute. with skills costing about 5x as much stamina, that makes 900 stamina per minute. = 1,3 pstone = 3000 coins. That is about the profit you make per second from farming 3-3. Seeing that 1 minute of genie energie saves you anything between about 7(EP) and 30(holy path) seconds, it is well worth it to use it to its max and espescially make sure you use holy path to its max.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lot of things I disagree with. First of all you dont need 15s to recover 3 sparks as 5aps. 300/25 = 12s.

True this, u can spark every 12 sec at aps 5.0, my bad. Consider this small detail cause after spark u can aslo atack for 15 sec instead of 12 if u want to(for example debuffs still last on boss).

I heavily disagree bout powerdashing or SSing when you are soloing. The time it takes to inner + cast either of the skill will cost you most if not all the increased dps you gain from it. I much rather have my chi skills off CD in case I need to spark for reason or the other. In squad situation SS is useful though some ppl will EP and thus **** your SS even when you tell them not to. Granted thats more of issue with idiots than the skill itself.

Well for me it works much better to use those skills. If i compeare on boss just saprking and using TM+EP with spark+pdash + TM+EP i get better results( about 2:3 more boss hp droped over 1 spark time)

As for chi skills in genie, I really dislike them on sin genie. You have 2 strong chi skills, one of them instant cast, they should be enough if you dont waste your chi.

My PvE genie has AD, holypath, mire, EP and badge of courage if I remember correctly. Think all are pretty obvious choices outside of badge. I have it as I didnt think of other helpful skill and on dex genie I can count on it fairly well. Helps to avoid steelations bs stun + aps combo, Emperors bubble and beasts stun + purge combo. It was also helpful for FC and bubble boss, though I cant remember the last time the thing actually managed to bubble me(Dies with maze still on). Its also kewl for water vile in WS when I miss time my knife throw to cancel the stun.

I said: my OLD gennie had cloud erupt and i liked it for certian sitations. But i still think that in a situation when u get purged after spark for example that skill can save ur a**. I think that at the begining of playing sin the extra gennie skill won't hurt ya and will be usefull, even if u get rid of it later like i did.

repplies in red
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BTW i also think it is nice to look at genie use during TT farming.

The genie has limited energy available. To use it to the max, try to never have it be full and stop recharging of course. But what is each skill worth ?

Holy path 6s * 15ms: for barb saves 4s, for sin saves 12s.
    Mire +20%dmg over 10s: saves 2s
    EP +20% over 6s: saves 1.2s
    CE 110 chi would otherwise take 22 attacks @ 3.3 = 7s during wich i do the dmg that shoule be done in 2. Saves 5s not interesting for sin of course they dont need CE :)

Of course dex makes them a little better and they multiply making mire + EP increase the effect slightly for each when used together. Still, it is not comparable with holy paths value for a non-barb. For barbs its about equal if we take into account the energy costs of the skills.

Therefore if there is significant running after the current boss youre killing, it is most efficient to have your genie recharge during battle as much as possible and use it on holy path rather than ep/mire. I think this also shows that a high magic genie is most effective by far for TT farming.

the cost of genie use is not so bad. 3 energy per second recharge = 180 per minute. with skills costing about 5x as much stamina, that makes 900 stamina per minute. = 1,3 pstone = 3000 coins. That is about the profit you make per second from farming 3-3. Seeing that 1 minute of genie energie saves you anything between about 7(EP) and 30(holy path) seconds, it is well worth it to use it to its max and espescially make sure you use holy path to its max.

If you saved up bewitched doll cards, genie stamina becomes a non-factor in 3-3. I like to do that boss with extra cards i had from months back.
    peckked wrote: »
    I actually agree with this.. for one reason only... You're throwing your money away on shards and refines with that build. APS isn't worth going +10 and typically an NV3 weapon (with some exceptions) isn't worth going +12. In this case you might as well make a 3-4 piece R93 APS barb, refine to +7 and still save money.

Now, since you're in the Assassin class thread, I assume you already have an assassin you've been working on, or have made up your mind that this is what you want. With that in mind, a couple suggestions:

-Don't refine an APS set passed +7/8 or you will never ever see a return on investment.
    -Don't shard higher than Exclusives, or the free Incomparables from weekly ABA/SoT for the same reason as above.
    -Don't bother levelling to 105 on a PVE sin.

-Do refine your helm to +10 for the extra hp. Consider NV3 helm instead for ~250 more hp at the same refine and comparable physical defense. The extra dex on NV3 should make up for some of the 5 attack levels from NV2 set bonus.
    -Do get Sky Cover/Star's Destiny instead of r8 ring as you can refine for addtional pdef. -Consider upgrading your r9 ring for added pdef/mdef via refines.
    -Do reawaken. 2 rebirths (and levelling to 10x again) will take you a lot less time than 105 and is so much more beneficial.
    -Do get primal passives. With maxed def passives I stroll through 3-3 self buffed with my +7 APS set with only a handful (if any) pots and no charm.
    -Do learn your class and the instances you want to run.
    -Consider getting a cheap purge bow for when you have to run from Steelation

R8r, by the way, while nice, is a poor investment.

I agree with this. My sin has lv6 def passives and +7 aps gear and he is able to solo 3-3 without any p-def rings (too cheap for skycover). If you dont want to spend a lot on a skycover. OHT gold rings are a good option, give similar amounts of pdef to a lunar 95 ring, and generally have +28-36 phy atk/hp/dex/str/vit. All of which are useful, and very cost efficient.

Make a lunar green ring and decomping, then forging a gold ring with the soul edge+ 2 mystical tome frags is the easiest option i find.
  • bloodedone87
    edited June 2014
    What solo TT3-3 means for you guys? Going full buffed and do the instance or going self buffed and do the instance? For me soloing means going self buffed only and do it( thats only my opinion) Getting other classes buffs for me its not soloing. Also dual client and using a cleric for revive and buffs not solo either( i repeat is my opinion only) . Im asking this cause i see a lot of videos on youtube were sins are full buffed soloing TT.
    So how good a sin must be to solo TT3-3 only self buffed? A non reborn sin lets say. An aps gear with + 5 OR 6 armor and R8r or T3 weapon+ 10 is enough? Or you need high refines for the armor. Or you need be G16 to do it?
    giphy.gif

• peckked
    edited June 2014
    What solo TT3-3 means for you guys? Going full buffed and do the instance or going self buffed and do the instance? For me soloing means going self buffed only and do it( thats only my opinion) Getting other classes buffs for me its not soloing. Also dual client and using a cleric for revive and buffs not solo either( i repeat is my opinion only) . Im asking this cause i see a lot of videos on youtube were sins are full buffed soloing TT.
    So how good a sin must be to solo TT3-3 only self buffed? A non reborn sin lets say. An aps gear with + 5 OR 6 armor and R8r or T3 weapon+ 10 is enough? Or you need high refines for the armor. Or you need be G16 to do it?

With buff pots what's the difference? Not using buffs is kinda counter intuitive to me. You need 4 people to open a run anyway. Whether or not I can solo without them, I'll have a more comfortable run with them. Soloing TT selfbuffed just isn't the amazing feat it once was.

A better investment of your hypothetical non-reborn sin's time (and possibly coin) is... well.. rebirth.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol go in buffed. Your solo farming, your therer to make money not impress whoever....
    edited June 2014

THE definition of soloing is to go alone, with no help. Soloing self buffed or fully buffed is up to you, but one will cost you more and is simple a matter of neccessity and style.

Less face this, you aren't gonna walk through 3-3 on a sin with just self buffs of any refine and not feel it. Soloing is just doing it alone. I don't mean to sound coy but your opinion matters little here. Soloing is soloing, how you solo, is a completely different question.

To solo 3-3 self buffed? Not even worth talking about imo. Waste of your time and money.You need 3 openers (barb, cleric, bm prefered), and there are your buffs. GG.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure with this http://www.pwcalc.com/1061c5aa13c17ffe set up, and with cards and meridian I'm sure you can solo it.
    you get the shards from doing weeklies and I didn't include a tome because you don't need it ( never hurts to have one, I like mine)
    Until you have 5 aps you'll want to save your chi skills for Inner and RDS, after your a chi machine use the chi skills to use SS and PD.

There we go thread summed up :p
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Until you have 5 aps you'll want to save your chi skills for Inner and RDS, after your a chi machine use the chi skills to use SS and PD.

what about 4aps? that enough for keep spark if u not stuned/sealed etc

To solo 3-3 self buffed? Not even worth talking about imo

hehe u can open with psy, veno, seeker :D
    anyway isn't that bad the tt3-3 with selfbuff, if you did atleast 4aps, refines on r8 int set, deities, so depend how much u want invest into aps set
    edited June 2014
    hehe u can open with psy, veno, seeker :D
    anyway isn't that bad the tt3-3 with selfbuff, if you did atleast 4aps, refines on r8 int set, deities, so depend how much u want invest into aps set

I can solo 3-3 and lunar (all paths) with spirit of atk and def pills. My aps set is +7 with +75 hp shards (12k hp buffed, 9.4k hp base, and 12k pdef buffed). Not too into using aps except to BP heal without potting. But since I've gotten lifehunter, I use my aps set less and less.

I think the aps set should be the least investment, especially for those that want to actually make money.

Sidenote: this my 777th post \o/. LUCKY SEVENS!
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since no one actually posted any gear(from what i saw anyway) I thought I would.
    Personally I think something like pwcalc.com/aaf0573578d53c0e is better for a pve farm because of its ability to tank more Magic which a lot of higher level bosses will have. Also the gear doesn't go out of style when u go full g16 for pvp. The war song belt is 25mil at best (although tradeable ones are nice they are not worth the effort to get a hold of. Farming your g16 drags mold can get u in scripts which can make the belt.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
    edited July 2014
    Since no one actually posted any gear(from what i saw anyway) I thought I would.
    Personally I think something like pwcalc.com/aaf0573578d53c0e is better for a pve farm because of its ability to tank more Magic which a lot of higher level bosses will have. Also the gear doesn't go out of style when u go full g16 for pvp. The war song belt is 25mil at best (although tradeable ones are nice they are not worth the effort to get a hold of. Farming your g16 drags mold can get u in scripts which can make the belt.

Overkill refines and shards. 4aps sparked, which is major dps drop compared to 5aps on same wep. And N3+12, which is waste at this point, better to just get far more versatile R9T3 dags if you are going to +12 dags. R9 ring is such a waste on N3 dags build, another reason to just get R9T3 dags if one gets the ring. And R8 ring, get something that refines.

I personally got 12.3k p.def base I believe(Still missing last level of def passive). Pre Meridians & prime world patch(passive, cards), with same gear I think I was at 15.3k fully buffed and I soloed 3-3 just fine. And that really is large point why full +10 on aps set is just waste now, you really dont need it due meridians, def passive and cards, which increase defenses quite a bit.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Overkill refines and shards. 4aps sparked, which is major dps drop compared to 5aps on same wep. And N3+12, which is waste at this point, better to just get far more versatile R9T3 dags if you are going to +12 dags. R9 ring is such a waste on N3 dags build, another reason to just get R9T3 dags if one gets the ring. And R8 ring, get something that refines.

I personally got 12.3k p.def base I believe. Pre Meridians & prime world patch(passive, cards), with same gear I think I was at 15.3k fully buffed and I soloed 3-3 just fine. And that really is large point why full +10 on aps set is just waste now, you really dont need it due meridians, def passive and cards, which increase defenses quite a bit.

Mostly of the build I posted was his original build just modified so he could use the war song belt and cube neck. I'd use something more along the lines of pwcalc.com/dcdd03806dcb7825
    Upgrade able to full g16 virtually anytime.
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014

When you put a link to something make sure that it works first.
    giphy.gif

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    ATM I'm posting from a iPad and I don't know how to right click. The link if copy and pasted into a new tab or window should work.
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • peckked
    edited July 2014
    pwcalc.com/dcdd03806dcb7825 is a decent build.. and should be workable.

Though personally I'd trade the WS belt and Cube neck back to the Lionheart with +7 refines and still walk away with more coin in my pocket and similar stats. With the money you wouldn't be spending on the belt/neck you could probably go +7 on the gear to to make up the difference in hp. About the same money, same defense, but more damage.

Also if you're going to use an NV2 cape, you might as well go nv3 on cape and helm for the set bonus. The extra dex will mitigate most of the damage lost from the 5 attack levels. The vit will give a tiny boost to both pdef and mdef, as well as give more hp. They also refine better. If later going g16, the cape and helm is suitable to go with either NV3 or r93.

Lastly, sins typically don't counter magic with more magic defense, but with more hp as they can recover from almost any farming instance damage with BP so long as they aren't a one shot. Most of the damage they take is physical anyway.

At the end of the day, a generic +7 APS set with +10 daggers will be the most cost effective, and time efficient option for a pure pve farmer. Anything extra is... well extra.. and most *upgrades* will actually slow you down.