Mystic creeper purge?

Options
Stewartboy - Archosaur
Stewartboy - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Mystic
Before everyone starts going crazy, please read what i say.. and understand that i am not saying this is coming... i am simply validating this topic and want to hear other mystics opinion on it....

I've heard if not a few weeks ago about a primal plant updateMystics
one caught my eye. it's the plant creeper... if other classes do not know about this. it's a debuff plant for phy and mag def.. well this plant was to be given the stat purge. 50% purge chance when cast.. now now i know alot of other classes when read what i just said would be like... b:shocked.. but mystics in general is not the hardest hitters. vs classes like BM*mag sharded* or end game barbs.. now this is a problem if you have a mystic you know they have no very well defense skills.. i am not talking about phy defense or magic. for example of what i mean.... wizzards got jump. psy def lvl. sins stealth. and i can keep going on n on with every class.. they all have some skill that helps in battle.. mystics only 2 really and compared to others it isnt very well.. so giving purge to a class like that does not seem to be such a bad idea..

b:thanksleave you're opinion and please dont be rude or start ****..
Post edited by Stewartboy - Archosaur on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You are aware that the lvl 10 Absorb Soul completely bypasses defense levels right? Makes most mystics ideally suited for engaging JOSD'd light and arcane armor chars (or BMs who foolishly try to marrow magic to deal with you - Absorb Soul deals physical!). Mystics have their PVP niche.

That said, their primal skills are almost exclusively a waste of time. Wouldn't be a bad idea to give the Befuddling Creeper or Spidervine an AOE purge on lysing - that way it's not spammable and you need to cast 2 skills to get it done, still favoring the veno for purging.

As for mystic defense, I hear they ain't half bad at tanking. Fast heals, nature's barrier, couple of control skills for when things get too rough, and an over-time healing skill in one package? Add a (weak) pet and plant into the mix and you've got a neat little package.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    According to me, giving that possibility to the creeper would be too OP. But someone was once talking about the same kind of thing with punishing sting which is totally useless endgame and it would be more fair. Even if mystics are already kinda OP compared to a lot of classes, you can't really expect to win 1v1 nowadays without a purge effect and a lot of classes already got that so it could be a good thing (with a low rate).

By the way, even if mystics don't have the same mobility as wizzies or venos, don't forget they have the best survivability amongst all arcanes classes. Psychics can be kinda tanky due to def levels but in this case they do crappy dammage. Mystics have fast heals, good base defense, possibility to absorb damage, possibility to leech summons to increase defense, and so on.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Stewartboy - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    totally agree with you bothb:thanks but would be nice to have a purge skill on mystic even if its a low chance
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    totally agree with you bothb:thanks but would be nice to have a purge skill on mystic even if its a low chance

Roll a Longevity genie....basic skill......
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Roll a Longevity genie....basic skill......

It doesn't really worth it in my opinion.
    Do you use it?
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mystic's primar role is not to kill things fast. They're support/debuff/"disturb" class.

No. Purge is not needed.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This thread needs to get purged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mystic's primar role is not to kill things fast. They're support/debuff/"disturb" class.

No. Purge is not needed.

So purging is not a support role ? Whats the goal when purging or debuffing ? Both are made to increase the damage that the target will receive, right ? (Not in the same way but the goal is the same [talking about increase damage received debuff here of course])

I don't claim that mystics NEED the ability to purge but I don't get your point at all...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Stewartboy - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options

No. Purge is not needed.

that made lil sense o.o
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Just put an extra purge effect onto the r999 wand and call it done.

I got most of my pvp kills by whacking people to death (my server is horribly undergeared) and a purge proc would make it less annoying to delete unwanted players from my presence.

Purge is already rampant in pvp, so it wouldn't really matter much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Do you use it?

My longevity genie-
    Lvl 100|| 72 Lucky points
    +5 str, +15 dex +75 vit +74 magic
    Skills
    Eruption fist
    Wind shield
    Extreme poison
    Holy path
    AD
    Cloud eruption

I only use this genie when fighting clerics/seekers/barbs/mystics that are impossible to kill when we fight fully buffed. So a purge genie is situational, Most of the time it is better to use another genie and not a lame purge genie with useless +15 dex.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I want less purge in the game, not more.
  • ksfe
    ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    GG ofc a bm wouldnt want more purge...when yall got that new primal skill that can get you even with antistun x.x so gg man just...GG
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Do you use it?

Me personally, no. That was more directly aimed at what he specifically said.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You are aware that the lvl 10 Absorb Soul completely bypasses defense levels right? Makes most mystics ideally suited for engaging JOSD'd light and arcane armor chars (or BMs who foolishly try to marrow magic to deal with you - Absorb Soul deals physical!). Mystics have their PVP niche.

clearly someone who doesn't play a mystic....or just bad. Probably both :/ Whoever keeps their AS at lvl 10 is a complete idiot.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Where is this primal creeper rumor from? Never have I heard anything that remotely ressemble such things. That, coupled with the fact that over the last 2 months the OP has been posting numerous threads demanding mystics get a purge skill makes me think the rumor has been started by him to spark debate (yet) once again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ksfe wrote: »
    GG ofc a bm wouldnt want more purge...when yall got that new primal skill that can get you even with antistun x.x so gg man just...GG

It's not a good idea to assume things about posters based on their avatars. I haven't played BM in well over a year. Haven't even rebirthed it, so I don't have any primal skills.

If I were to assume things based on your avatar, I would have to think you were some kind of stone face on a mountain that isn't even a character in Perfect World and thus would have no knowledge of game mechanics.

At any rate, do mystics need purge to beat...

Barbarians? No
    Seekers? No
    Blademasters? No
    Assassins? No
    Archers? No
    Clerics? No
    Wizards? No
    Venomancers? No
    Psychics? No
    Other Mystics? Yes

So purge being added would only let us do something to 10% of classes that we couldn't already (and a much smaller percentage of the actual population since nobody plays Mystic), while destroying the chances any other class would have against us.

Venomancers need purge, they don't have any noteworthy offense. Archers don't need purge but they probably need some buffing/skill balancing if it is taken away from them. Mystics do not need purge.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It's not a good idea to assume things about posters based on their avatars. I haven't played BM in well over a year. Haven't even rebirthed it, so I don't have any primal skills.

If I were to assume things based on your avatar, I would have to think you were some kind of stone face on a mountain that isn't even a character in Perfect World and thus would have no knowledge of game mechanics.

At any rate, do mystics need purge to beat...

Barbarians? No
    Seekers? No
    Blademasters? No
    Assassins? No
    Archers? No
    Clerics? No
    Wizards? No
    Venomancers? No
    Psychics? No
    Other Mystics? Yes

So purge being added would only let us do something to 10% of classes that we couldn't already (and a much smaller percentage of the actual population since nobody plays Mystic), while destroying the chances any other class would have against us.

Venomancers need purge, they don't have any noteworthy offense. Archers don't need purge but they probably need some buffing/skill balancing if it is taken away from them. Mystics do not need purge.

Mystics really don't have that much killing power compared to say, a psy...assuming you're fighting an endgame fully-buffed char like seeker or barb you're going to need the purge to get a kill unless the person playing their char is ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mystics really don't have that much killing power compared to say, a psy...assuming you're fighting an endgame fully-buffed char like seeker or barb you're going to need the purge to get a kill unless the person playing their char is ****.

....Yeah okay, killing the class designed to tank for days is a great example of why you'd need Purge. Yup. Definitely. Even classes WITH purge struggle to kill those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • ksfe
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ....Yeah okay, killing the class designed to tank for days is a great example of why you'd need Purge. Yup. Definitely. Even classes WITH purge struggle to kill those.

mystics isnt designed to tank for days... i see alot of people saying they got instant healing.. but when that isnt good enough then what?? and those who say they got pets..(way off topic) but so what??
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    mystics isnt designed to tank for days... i see alot of people saying they got instant healing.. but when that isnt good enough then what?? and those who say they got pets..(way off topic) but so what??

u wot m8

I'm talking about killing Barbarians. Go find some reading comprehension dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • ksfe
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Where is this primal creeper rumor from? Never have I heard anything that remotely ressemble such things. That, coupled with the fact that over the last 2 months the OP has been posting numerous threads demanding mystics get a purge skill makes me think the rumor has been started by him to spark debate (yet) once again.

last time post'd was about the idea of it.. this time based on more info(idk if true or not) ive posted thisb:chuckle pay more attention dude..
  • ksfe
    edited June 2014
    Options
    u wot m8

I'm talking about killing Barbarians. Go find some reading comprehension dude.

"....Yeah okay, killing the class designed to tank for days is a great example of why you'd need Purge. Yup. Definitely. Even classes WITH purge struggle to kill those."

hmm this can be any class since you did not mention any specific classes... b:cute
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    "....Yeah okay, killing the class designed to tank for days is a great example of why you'd need Purge. Yup. Definitely. Even classes WITH purge struggle to kill those."

hmm this can be any class since you did not mention any specific classes... b:cute

You're right. I didn't quote the post I was referring to or anything. Nope. Sure didn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

you got problem with killing 1-2 class with mystic until other class got problem with killing all other class and dont ask for purge lol.

seriously mystic doesnt made for make mage version on sin even sin have problem with killing barb/seeker/bm, why would the mysic uncounterable by any other class?

wtf really, if every class easily kill the barbs then by the time the barbs reroll, also tw isn't fun if cata puller die easily and everybody able pruge them....

already die easily when archer+veno+bm purge why would add purge to mystic too?
    no point add purge to half of class's, maybe if they remove AS then i understand but now?
  • ksfe
    edited June 2014
    Options
    you got problem with killing 1-2 class with mystic until other class got problem with killing all other class and dont ask for purge lol.

seriously mystic doesnt made for make mage version on sin even sin have problem with killing barb/seeker/bm, why would the mysic uncounterable by any other class?

wtf really, if every class easily kill the barbs then by the time the barbs reroll, also tw isn't fun if cata puller die easily and everybody able pruge them....

already die easily when archer+veno+bm purge why would add purge to mystic too?
    no point add purge to half of class's, maybe if they remove AS then i understand but now?

dont mean rude. but idk most of what you are saying.."mystic doesnt made for make mage"? tbh i dont think people made up their minds on whether mystics are support or frontline class.. they get it mix up alot personally i think they can do both. just lack the skills to do damage. so yes giving a mystic a chance to purge is not a bad idea. compared to wizzards psy venos. in general they & their atk is abit lower. like end game psys can 1 shot sum rrr9 barbs easy. cauz their "atk lvl" yall talk about unbalancing the game but the game is alrdy unbalanced and have been for along time. so giving mystics a purge isnt so bad... when its low chanced...

oki why give a class like barbs a chance to purge?? whoever say barbs hit soft lied to you.. an end game barb +11-12 full vit gem'd+purge+armageddon=death to even the tankiess people...
    edited June 2014
    Options
    dont mean rude. but idk most of what you are saying.."mystic doesnt made for make mage"? tbh i dont think people made up their minds on whether mystics are support or frontline class.. they get it mix up alot personally i think they can do both. just lack the skills to do damage. so yes giving a mystic a chance to purge is not a bad idea. compared to wizzards psy venos. in general they & their atk is abit lower. like end game psys can 1 shot sum rrr9 barbs easy.

mystic enough tankish, better than wizz in front line but if u talk about mystic damage is ****? seriously did u ever rolled a r9 3rd+12 wizz? you absorb soul deal more dmg than wizz 2 spark ulti skill, both slow skill but difference the spark cost and isn't 30sec cooldown.....
    frozenflame is joke with 800% weapon dmg in description but do damn **** dmg also lower base dmg than psy...
    ur AS combo do far better dmg than any wizz skill in this days even with wizzard udine debuff....
    somehow i guess u are isn't endgame geared, end game mystic do over 20k-25k on other caster without problem with 3rd spark + as combo, with fast channeling able to do twice and u talk mystic no dmg?
    ..... seriously....

but even psy with +12 3rd spark cant 1 hit a proper/egually geared/spirited barb (exclude if full str and in human and unbuffed maybe then can else only way if heavily debuffed) etc

seriously idk what u talk about.... psy and wizz must counter the barb and not mystic, mystic atm alot better vs casters than example wizz....

you compared the dph dmg with wizz/psy, why not compare with cleric? psy is something like wiz with dph (even wizz outdate), mystic something like cleric with veno, neither do any skill what close to AS dmg.....
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    How can you say that about wizzies and mystics ?

Wizzies still have best damage than mystics (just go test on the damage puppet, a wizard can easily do 2m with no fully endgame gear)
    Wizzies ultis obviously deal more damage than any mystic skill. And don't talk about the chi or cd cost, you're talking about an AOE here.
    Can mystic kill another arcane toon more easily than a wizard ? Probably, because wizzies don't have any phy skill.

By the way, why talking about wizards? Nobody here said we want purge for mystics but not for wizards. Last but not least, I didn't understand why someone said mystics shouldn't have a purge skill because they are a support class (senseless) but we could use that for wizzies, which are only made to DD.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @Zoldi are u trolling?
    How can you say that about wizzies and mystics ?

Wizzies still have best damage than mystics (just go test on the damage puppet, a wizard can easily do 2m with no fully endgame gear)

lol test on damage puppet so real test b:chuckle

seriously u prove wizard better dmg only because hit high on no defence mob?

maybe test on players who got defence, since there halved the debuff effect and there come the AS into action.....

another thing, why sin hit over 20k in pvp and lower dph in pve? maybe because pve != pvp same thing

you have right before New horizon but not now....

Probably, because wizzies don't have any phy skill.

what is then the fire ulti ?

And don't talk about the chi or cd cost, you're talking about an AOE here.
    1. we talked about skill dmg
    2. ok spark cost is backdraw for beign aoe, then the 15x higher cooldown backdraw for what?

By the way, why talking about wizards? Nobody here said we want purge for mystics but not for wizards.

......so giving mystics a purge isnt so bad... .......
    ..... is a great example of why you'd need Purge.......
    .....so giving purge to a class like that does not seem to be such a bad idea.......
    .....would be nice to have a purge skill on mystic ......

Last but not least, I didn't understand why someone said mystics shouldn't have a purge skill because they are a support class (senseless) but we could use that for wizzies, which are only made to DD.

right give purge to everybdy after 3rd weapon purify and lets wait how they **** the game more than it it now....
    Veno was purge role in tw, then they added to archer (yea bm and barb can purge too with low chance but with lower chance and they melee), lets make veno more useless :D

Wizzies ultis obviously deal more damage than any mystic skill

seriously get 2 3rd +12, test wizz dmg with 3rd spark and mystic absorb soul combo with 3rd spark then lets talk again who deal more dmg vs example full buffed cleric.