Cash Shop Prices/Different Prices

Slivaf - Dreamweaver
Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestion Box
I realize there are several threads about this already, but my idea is a little... different, and it may even be just crazy enough to work.

First:

Make it so that those who wish to remain free to play have to spend twice the amount of gold for items from the cash shop, this should keep the paying customers happy to quite an extent, and a lower in game gold cost would make the free to play players happy, and may even make it so that more gold sells.

Perhaps make it so there are two prices for every item in the cash shop, and if the game sees that you paid real cash for the gold, it would essentially be Platinum Gold, and the casher's could pay the original 1 gold price for the item, whereas if you bought the gold from the auction house you would have to pay 2 gold for that item. It would indeed scale with the item/the item price.

EDIT: In other words, free to play players who buy the gold from the auction house would have to spend double the amount regardless of the item, and if the gold was bought with cash they would pay the current price for the item. (Both prices would be effected by sales)

Example Dragon ocean orb: (Not on sale)

50 gold (normal price, and the price they who added the gold from a cash card would pay)

100 gold (For those who buy the gold from the auction house)

+

Dragon ocean orb: (ON sale)

30 Gold ("Normal" price or the price for those who added the funds via cash card)

60 Gold (For those who buy the gold from the Auction House)

EDIT 2: Maybe to make sure gold still flows through the AH, add an incentive for every 50 gold added in here (via moneypak) get 2 demon/sage event cards. (This should hopefully curb a little bit of the incentives... to just take that 50 gold, buy the (in this case) Dragon Orb Ocean, and drastically undercut the free players, but still keep above the (50 million in this case)... obviously it wont stop it all, but hopefully with the extra incentive to add into the AH there will still be plenty of gold to go around.

Secondly:

I absolutely feel that in order for that idea to work the gold cap price seriously needs to be lowered significantly, like to 1m a piece.

--

I realize cashers could easily control the market with this, but I feel a much more reasonable gold price could do wonders for this games, and I also believe that even with the increased/'doubled' price for those who buy the gold from the AH, if the gold was capped at 1m it would still be cheaper, and more gold would perhaps sell in game than I believe currently does.
Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
Post edited by Slivaf - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I realize there are several threads about this already, but my idea is a little... different, and it may even be just crazy enough to work.

First lower the gold cap to 1m.

Secondly, but perhaps more important than the first one, as that lowered gold cap would make the cash paying customers unhappy, and it would indeed be risking losing them as paying customers.

Make it so that those who wish to remain free to play have to spend twice the amount of gold for items from the cash shop, this should keep the paying customers happy to quite an extent, and a lower in game gold cost would make the free to play players happy, and may even make it so that more gold sells.

Perhaps make it so there are two prices for every item in the cash shop, and if the game sees that you paid real cash for the gold, it would essentially be Platinum Gold, and the casher's could pay the original 1 gold price for the item, whereas if you bought the gold from the auction house you would have to be 2 gold for that item. It would indeed scale with the item/the item price.

--

I realize cashers could easily control the market with this, but I feel a much more reasonable gold price could do wonders for this games, and I also believe that even with the increased/'doubled' price for those who buy the gold from the AH, if the gold was capped at 1m it would still be cheaper, and more gold would perhaps sell in game than I believe currently does.

Gold price isn't controlled by PWE, aside from the cap. Gold is how it is because of greed. The greed of the players.

Changing an economy isn't something you can do on one go. It needs to be very gradual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    Gold price isn't controlled by PWE, aside from the cap. Gold is how it is because of greed. The greed of the players.

Changing an economy isn't something you can do on one go. It needs to be very gradual.

They can fiddle with the gold cap.

The second part of the suggestion is about the prices of items in the cash shop, something of which they should be able to control as well, or at the very least suggest to the ones who do control it.

I realize the idea may have its flaws, and it most certainly wont fix the economy, as matter of fact this wont do anything to take gold out of the server, (there are quite a few good suggestions about that already) the ones who spend cash on the game will still have quite the advantage, as they could control the prices of items far better/more than any free player could, and a lower gold price or in this case a lower cap on gold prices could very well get more people to buy more gold

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They can fiddle with the gold cap.

The second part of the suggestion is about the prices of items in the cash shop, something of which they should be able to control as well, or at the very least suggest to the ones who do control it.

I realize the idea may have its flaws, and it most certainly wont fix the economy, as matter of fact this wont do anything to take gold out of the server, (there are quite a few good suggestions about that already) the ones who spend cash on the game will still have quite the advantage, as they could control the prices of items far better/more than any free player could, and a lower gold price or in this case a lower cap on gold prices could very well get more people to buy more gold

Something certainly needs to be done, we can both agree on that. I don't know if this is the way to approach it though.

Also, if I'm going to reply to this properly, I should do it later. I don't have pants on right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    Something certainly needs to be done, we can both agree on that. I don't know if this is the way to approach it though.

Also, if I'm going to reply to this properly, I should do it later. I don't have pants on right now.

To be honest, neither do I, but I am kind of thinking that if they do accept this suggestion, then perhaps they'll be more likely to add in an npc selling an 'HOT" (as in highly sought after item(s)... like tokens) item for a reasonable price as a huge coin sink. Perhaps this suggestion along with those, the economy will slowly but surely start to stabilize/gold prices will be more reasonable, but they should still sell a lot of gold, hell with any luck they'll sell loads more. (luck being the keyword)

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    I don't really like your idea, but at least I agree something should be done. I think your idea is to complicated with to many risk factors. And please, stop with that "gold cap" idea. The gold cap in AH is an illusion. It does not prevent players from selling for higher then "item price in gold * gold cap in AH". The issue is simple: To much gold needed that totally knocks off supply and demand.

I think it's necessary to go back to the basic idea and compare with "the good old days". For a f2p setup, there has to be a balance between advantages gained from cashshop and advantages gained from playing. In "the good old days", gearing up was balanced with advantage for farming (gear = farming only, refines = cashshop after a certain point, shards buy and drop, books farm only) while maintenance was balanced with advantage for cashshop (charms). Because it was balanced, the cashshopping players had a reason to sell gold for coins to gain time and that gave those who won't cashshop a way to get gold for fair price. The gold needed for a decent or "end game" character to be created and to be maintained compared to the coins needed was balanced.

If you look at todays standards, the gold vs coins needed to create and maintain has exploded gold-wise while being minimal coin-wise. This idea exploded with r8 being on sale 1st time at small price. From that point, you got a full gear sets needing 0 coins and 0 farming directly from boutique. Todays top gear, is about 80% directly boutique, needing just the molds that are only time-limited tradeable, a tiny amount of coins and some NW tokens. War avatars of S class are also majorly cashshop, with daily generating need or 8 gold a day while having very low chances. The best shards are 95% packs, if not more, with only tigers to get it. Refines to +12, same, especially considering how much more +11 to +12 gives compared to going from +6 to +7. Charms + auto-pot + crab/herbs are also majorly cashshop.

In short, to get a character to "end-game" you need a lot of gold, some coins to give to the npc, do many dailies for untradeable items and there is nearly nothing that requires farming that can be bought from others. For maintaining a character "end-game", it's the same. There is just FSP coins in a ridiculous ratio that I would be tempted to buy from others. The gold needed for an "end-game" character is ridiculous right now compared to p2p games. Next to that, the 2nd grade option being G16, +5 with +7 weap (rewards), g10 shards and A cards just doesn't compare at all.

To solve this, I think it will be necessary to totally review the balance between proper farming, sellable farming and gold needed. Keep the gear options as they are, but have shards + refines better accessible ingame. Maybe have them drop in a tradeable but "unable to combine" way somewhere, so "endgame" shards and orbs can be farmed (or at least till DoD/DoT/G12 and +10). Have S cards more accessible as well, and put the gold cost on reawakening them. Introduce a way to farm charms and keep auto-pot boutique only.

Just a few quick ideas without thinking to much. But that's the way I would adjust it, by trying to restore the balance between money, self farming and time (tradeable farming).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    trands wrote: »
    snip

I agree with this. Back in the "good old days" it was indeed more balanced as you needed both gold and coin/farming to achieve your goal. Gear was farmed, additional stuff was from the boutique. CSers had reasons to sell gold, they needed in-game coins. People didn't need gold for everything, they could get stuff through farming. Now most things come directly or indirectly from the boutique.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    I don't really like your idea, but at least I agree something should be done. I think your idea is to complicated with to many risk factors. And please, stop with that "gold cap" idea. The gold cap in AH is an illusion. It does not prevent players from selling for higher then "item price in gold * gold cap in AH". The issue is simple: To much gold needed that totally knocks off supply and demand.

I think it's necessary to go back to the basic idea and compare with "the good old days". For a f2p setup, there has to be a balance between advantages gained from cashshop and advantages gained from playing. In "the good old days", gearing up was balanced with advantage for farming (gear = farming only, refines = cashshop after a certain point, shards buy and drop, books farm only) while maintenance was balanced with advantage for cashshop (charms). Because it was balanced, the cashshopping players had a reason to sell gold for coins to gain time and that gave those who won't cashshop a way to get gold for fair price. The gold needed for a decent or "end game" character to be created and to be maintained compared to the coins needed was balanced.

First off thank you kindly sir... or madam for the reply. ^^ It is very much appreciated.

Secondly I do agree with... and understand what your saying for the most part.

I do see your point about gold cap, and I know that, that alone will never fix the servers problems, but I do know it is a sought after a lot by quite a few people, and I also know that... that alone will never pass/'fly' with the pwe/pwi devs or w/e... as lower gold prices usually means cash shoppers pulling out and waiting until gold skyrockets again, which means less money in their pockets for the month/time period. I was thinking... maybe it's more of me hoping that the extra idea would give them pause, or think of a very similar idea that would make lower gold prices possible/economy stabilization, while them still selling as much gold as possible, perhaps even more than usual. (I know a bit more... wishful/hopeful thinking.)... As we all know pwis has been at least saying that they're 'trying' to lower the prices of things in game, they are indeed aware of how much prices of things have skyrocketed, I believe they are indeed brainstorming ideas on how to lower prices of things in game... or at least I really hope that they actually are really 'trying' and not just saying it to try to appease us all. (Who knows maybe this idea/another idea floating around may very well spark a brilliant/perhaps more ingenious idea that will get the ball rolling, and prices of everything in game will come back down... slowly but surely.)

I also definitely agree with there needing to be a balance between the coin in game, the gold prices, and even the demand, and supply of gold in AH, not to mention the incentives to put the gold into the AH. You are also more than right about cash shoppers always have the ability to easily coming in to undercut the prices of others, albeit at a much lower rate than my proposed suggestion, still I do feel that with a bit of refining/more incentive to actually buy gold with real cash, and inserting it into the AH it should help significantly curb the cashers willingness to just hold onto the gold they bought with real cash, buy an hot item for half the price, and sell it 25%-35% under what free to play players would.

As I have said before I do realize this idea has is flaws, but I do have high hopes that this lowered gold cap, + change to the prices of things/how gold 'works' things will eventually balance back out, though aye they also should add in an coin sink npc to get rid of a significant amount of coins in the server.

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You'd see Dragon orb Oceans that are now 130m for 230m and that would be crazy.

They shall remove gold cap, add some npcs selling interesting stuff (like catalysts for 1m each, Medal of glory 35m each), thus making people lose hold of their coins and remove some of them from the game economy, making things much better.

Also, gold prices will always inflate until someone goes and sells 300~1000 golds at once, because that's how things are.

The biggest problem with this game: EVERYTHING important is in the GShop, no npcs sell anything interesting, if no players buy gold, no gshop items will enter the game, expensive they get.

Really, the reason game is so broken is NOT ENOUGH CASH SHOPPERS.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    You'd see Dragon orb Oceans that are now 130m for 230m and that would be crazy.

They shall remove gold cap, add some npcs selling interesting stuff (like catalysts for 1m each, Medal of glory 35m each), thus making people lose hold of their coins and remove some of them from the game economy, making things much better.

Also, gold prices will always inflate until someone goes and sells 300~1000 golds at once, because that's how things are.

The biggest problem with this game: EVERYTHING important is in the GShop, no npcs sell anything interesting, if no players buy gold, no gshop items will enter the game, expensive they get.

Really, the reason game is so broken is NOT ENOUGH CASH SHOPPERS.

The highest I have ever seen dragon orb oceans be in the cash shop is 50 gold, and if they did make the gold cap to 1m, that would be 100 gold for those who spent in game coin to get the gold... which would translate to no more than 100m.

I am well aware that cashers could easily just come in and undercut for 75m, and make 25m more than if they were to put that 50 gold into the AH... hince the incentive for them to keep adding the gold into the auction house with the demon/sage event cards.

I for one feel the second idea would NEVER work with the current game settings, ergo I do feel that if they did it, they would need to put a much more.. reasonable cap on gold.

Other than that I do agree with you, they really should add in an npc that sells highly sought after items, for rather reasonable prices.

EDIT: Also yea.. supply has seriously taken an hit over the past few months, while demand has more or less skyrocketed. Therefore prices have risen significantly for just about anything and everything in game.

• trands
    edited June 2014
    as lower gold prices usually means cash shoppers pulling out and waiting until gold skyrockets again, which means less money in their pockets for the month/time period.

The thing is that that barely applies to PWI. I'm more of a cashshopper for the simple reason that I don't have the time to go farm for ages for coins, while I have a good job. While gold prices used to affect me in 2009 or so, right now I honestly don't care. Like I mentioned above and in several other threads, I have absolutely nothing to buy from farming players. I only need coins to buy pots in base and every now and then some NW forge items. It's totally insignificant. There must be a few selling gold, but most others in my case are like me: all charged is used directly in boutique for own use.

In that way, the economy barely affects me (except if they start to up prices in boutique which is another issue). For me the cost of everything barely changed. However, what does affect me is that the more casual players or f2p players that do have a real life, they do not compare. It's either god-mode or 1-shot on the server. Many quit NW or just map-hop. For that reason, it's bad that all comes from the boutique directly. I should buy more stuff from those students/kids/whatever they are, as that creates a positive dynamic for a server.

But well, it's not illogical what PWE does, even if it's a bit saddening as player. They simply use PWI as cashcow. They are very aggressive with the raffles in system messages. Knowing the economic context way to well, I can understand they are using a tittle for quick cash even if that means sacrificing it. Well, that's my guess on it. Does make sense, even if it's saddening for me as player.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I have absolutely nothing to buy from farming players.

That is a major issue. They need to lower the influx of coins in the economy, and encourage spending by introducing stuff worth spending not just in the boutique but in-game as well. This game needs more coin sinks. And player farmable items. Although, by the way, PWE has been increasing prices because of the botters. Less people charging because they can just bot up the coins and don't have time to spend farming. They are hoarding gold and not spending it. So PWE has been attempting to encourage people to spend it. That's most likely why we've having more spend rewards, which isn't even linked to charging money. This is the exact same thing that happened to China, and was the reason that China introduced the bot in the first place. Because they just gave up on trying to combat it.

I'm not sure if this would work as a coin sink though. IT might just encourage people to quit the game entirely.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2014
    That is a major issue. They need to lower the influx of coins in the economy, and encourage spending by introducing stuff worth spending not just in the boutique but in-game as well. This game needs more coin sinks. And player farmable items. Although, by the way, PWE has been increasing prices because of the botters. Less people charging because they can just bot up the coins and don't have time to spend farming. They are hoarding gold and not spending it. So PWE has been attempting to encourage people to spend it. That's most likely why we've having more spend rewards, which isn't even linked to charging money. This is the exact same thing that happened to China, and was the reason that China introduced the bot in the first place. Because they just gave up on trying to combat it.

I'm not sure if this would work as a coin sink though. IT might just encourage people to quit the game entirely.

But the way game is managed is ridiculous, You see what our friend Trands said:
    "I have nothing to buy from farmers"

Everything new is put into the gshop, farming users never get anything to "offer" to the paying users, the gold never flows within the game, coins never worth anything and cashers will never want to buy coins because its worthless (and always was, will always be until they change this management)

They must add catalysts, charms, refining aids to be attainable from within the game, put some weight in the other side of the scales.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trands
    edited June 2014
    That is a major issue.

Like I explained detailed in my 1st post, to me it's THE issue even.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2014
    Like I explained detailed in my 1st post, to me it's THE issue even.

Yea, I'd rank it as a strong contender for number one issue at the moment. Although it can fix things by itself.

I think there also needs to be more things available from NPCs as well as players. Things that are worth converting your gold into coin for.

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    *snip*

I assure you this isn't, nor was it ever meant to be an coin sink, it was merely just a way to lower gold prices, while still selling as much gold as possible. (Hopefully more than ever before, but yea I can see how that would be difficult, especially with what you all said, there is little balance between the want to buy things in game, without cash shoppers wanting money in game, they have little to no reason to buy gold and put it in AH, not to mention there is little to no reason to buy gold directly from the AH atm.)

The balance of supply and demand is without a doubt out of whack, and it will take a huge overhaul in so many ways to get it back on track.

EDIT: As I was saying earlier perhaps this would be an... indirect path that would allow them to add in an coin sink npc, or start on a path that leads back to balanced economy all around. I.e Cashers wanting in game coin, and free players wanting gold to buy cash shop only items. Again I also realize this idea of mine may have its flaws and it may even annoy a few cashers, but still having to spend twice as much to remain a free to play player should get people to A spend more, and B it does open up windows for cash shopers to make just as much money if not more. (Yes cashers would have to put in an 100$ to get 100m in game coin, but that could still easily come from one person that wants to buy something in game that would cost them 100 gold to remain a free to play player. :$)

I also realize the idea is rather complicated, but despite is complications it may just be a crazy enough idea to work as a way to slightly stabilize the economy, especially if it's implemented with a way for coin to be sunk from the servers economy.

Obviously I do not have a economic degree or whatever its called, but sometimes its ideas like this that have the potential to spark a better/more ingenious idea.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2014
    -snip for spacing reasons-

Oh I took it to mean you'd you add it to the AH fee so they had to pay double the amount of money, but rereading it you mean to create two different types of gold instead.b:surrender My bad.

I think the problem is more along the lines of lack of things to buy with coins, lack of coin sinks to combat all the coins flowing into the economy though. The main reason I thought the idea I had in my head the first time would be questionable is because people would just go around buying gold from the AH I think. I still have that concern about that aspect even as a two different types of gold thing.

• anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My issue with the doubling prices idea is that it feels like a punishment to non cash shoppers. It's already hard enough to farm enough coin to buy the gold to get stuff I need, now I'll have to get double that?

I agree with everything that has been said about coin sinks and better in-game purchases. That would be the solution, not punishing ftp players by doubling what they have to buy.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    My issue with the doubling prices idea is that it feels like a punishment to non cash shoppers. It's already hard enough to farm enough coin to buy the gold to get stuff I need, now I'll have to get double that?

I agree with everything that has been said about coin sinks and better in-game purchases. That would be the solution, not punishing ftp players by doubling what they have to buy.

I understand why you feel it might be a punishment; however, even under the proposed idea, things that are gotten from the cash shop in bulk/directly will still be cheaper, whether a cash shop player put it on the market, or if you buy the gold from the Auction House.

Gold on my server is over 3m a piece, which a 50 gold item would cost 150m+/- on the streets.

Whereas if gold had a cap of 1m, and they put in the addition, a 50 gold item would cost 100 gold to a free player which would be no more than 100m.

Prices of things on the street would be a bit more reasonable to the casual player, and with the lower gold prices/potential to earn more cash from real cash, there might just be more people willing to put cash in the game, I am hoping the incentive of something like 2 demon/sage event cards for every 50 gold added into the auction house will keep the gold flowing through it, not to mention the 'guarantee'/quick 50m gained from a 50 gold added, compared to an extra 25m or whatever by trying to merchant for more cash in game.

Obviously the idea may need refined more to keep people interested in it, especially when there is little incentive for people to cash/want in game coin at the moment. In other words this idea alone certainly wont fix any... problems that pwi is having at the moment but it may very well pave the way for other ideas to get implemented. I.E an npc that is a good, and smart coin sink, like for example the 10k-15k token npc, perhaps this idea will allow them the incentive, or whatever to put an npc like that in. It DEFINITELY needs to be an npc selling an 'hot' item(s) or it simply wont work.

edited June 2014
    Add Catalysts to UCH, make Shiny Flowsilver Coins always tradable, remove daily limit from FSP and UCH. Remove catalysts and avatar packs from gshop. Make Primordial bloods also tradable. Make R9 and Tier3 Nirvana equipment molds/badges also tradable.

BAM, cashers selling gold for coins to get/evolve their avatars.

Its a way to put some weight in the F2P side of the balance, people WILL cash in for avatars and WILL pay from free users JUST to SKIP the work of going fsp/uch all day long.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Stopped reading. The gold cap has been discussed a lot. Promoting a gold cap proves that you have no clue what you talk about.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    Stopped reading. The gold cap has been discussed a lot. Promoting a gold cap proves that you have no clue what you talk about.

My idea is much more than just a simple lowering of the gold cap, if you had bothered to read the entire post you might have gotten that. xD That's ok you keep hurling insults. I'll just keep nommin on the hate sauce pouring from you. I mean b:avoid

EDIT: Gold prices are a part of the economy and the way the prices are now, a simple coin sink alone wont bring the prices plummeting back down. (yes it will bring them down a little, but without a reason for people to spend money in the boutique/go for things from the boutique specifically supply of gold will still be insanely low/as would the demand, to an extent... the balance of those things right now is without a doubt completely out of whack) The economy of the server as a whole, regardless of how/where the coin is... all of it needs to be fixed, this... 'double' idea could very well be a stepping stone towards economic recovery. (It is the transfer of wealth, which is part of economics... obviously it doesn't have anything to do with production/consumption... other than producing in game coins for the cashers who didn't have the time to farm for said in game coin.)

(Also as I have said repeatedly this isn't meant to be a coin sink, just an idea to get them to be more likely to add in an actual coin sink npc.)

EDIT 2: I also fully know that this idea is a bit out of the box so to speak, but yea I do believe that it could very well lead to a brighter/more stable economy.

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I don't often do this but...

b:laugh

Good one. I hope you weren't actually serious about this. That move would drive the cash players away from the game, and would basically push the gold trading away from the auction house (which is already happening a bit with players trying to circumvent the AH fee). Cashers would simply set their main toons to autoculti and no longer sell gold where possible, and that would mean even less gold on the market. Actual gold price would go up. Not down.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    I don't often do this but...

b:laugh

Good one. I hope you weren't actually serious about this. That move would drive the cash players away from the game, and would basically push the gold trading away from the auction house (which is already happening a bit with players trying to circumvent the AH fee). Cashers would simply set their main toons to autoculti and no longer sell gold where possible, and that would mean even less gold on the market. Actual gold price would go up. Not down.

Wee wewt another person who didn't read the entire post, if you had read even 1... maybe 3 more lines after that, you'll notice there is much more to the 'ideas' than just that. Seriously people read the post in its entirety not just up to one line and jump on it just because you don't like it. xD (I am so thinking people wonder why devs/people who do this sort of things, NEVER get feedback before somethings implemented. or even right after.... sometimes people do indeed calm down about some things after it has time to sink in.)

EDIT: Lets see if moving it down will help a little. xD

edited June 2014
    In my point of view, they should add avatar catalysts to UCH, remove catalysts and avatar packs from gshop. Remove daily limit from FSP and UCH. Make shiny flowsilver coins tradable. Make WS Molds/badges tradable. Boom, an explosion of people selling golds, lots of players FARMING FSP/UCH instead of botting all day long. WIN WIN WIN b:avoid
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This game requires coins sinks that are worth using. There is also lack of gold on servers imo.

What I would do is I would put long term zhen promotion on(50% more zhen), say month or two while coin sinks are put in place. This would create lot of short term profit to PWE as buying gold would be extremely appealing to players. This would drop gold prices a bit due more gold on market, it would also create "new" CSers. For coin sink to work, lot of players need to be using it and for that reason having more ppl selling gold to coins, which can be used for the sink, would be beneficial to economy.

I would like to see charms, pots and apoth as a coin sink. Maybe throw GSTs, MoGs, etc. there like you do sales, I dont think they should be there all the time. I would still love 200m coin sink to turn pan gu into LUaD. It would be perfect means to take out coins out of economy quickly so you can tweak the "constant" coin sinks to the point where they only keep value of coin stable.

Ps. I do understand management of this game will never take a single step towards fixing the economy but meh, one can dream.

Edit: The original idea shows simply complete lack of understanding why gold prices are as high as they are and what kind of things needs to change to alter them.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    *snip*

Edit: The original idea shows simply complete lack of understanding why gold prices are as high as they are and what kind of things needs to change to alter them.

As I have said time and time again, I am fully aware that this will do very little to fix the supply and demand of gold, it really isn't meant to do that.

I am also fully aware that cashers need to want in game coin, and free players need be able to cover that 'coin demand', free players generally outnumber people willing to spend cash on games like this, so their supply of in game coin should indeed be more than that of the gold coming into the server via Auction house.

High demand + high prices of one thing, (I.E gold atm) and low supply of something is so not a good thing. As it has been stated time and time again both the supply and demand of something must remain balanced. (However I do believe that there becomes a point where too high gold prices will eventually squash the demand for gold. though this does indeed just goes back to balanced supply and demand.)

Without equal supply and demand on all sides, items become worthless/trash, it becomes pointless to continue trying to 'make' that item.