about the wizzard

LizZandra - Morai
LizZandra - Morai Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Wizard
just wanna ask the GM's if u ppl think we are the "hardest hitting class" couz iv iv really read many posts about us being the "badest class" of all. so GM's are u gonna stand up n tell us what u think or u just gonna sit n watch, or is it just me thats QQing to much? ur move..
Post edited by LizZandra - Morai on

Comments

• Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why does everyone always blame the GM's for everything, the GM's have no say in this, they can't do anything about it.
    Or in this case, why do you need a GM's opinion, to prove to others "hey look we are weak because mr. GM said so"?

Wizards have the short end of the stick at the moment, deal with it, it's a cycle.

Stop whining.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    at the moment

at the moment
    at the moment

at the moment

at the moment

try always
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    >be me
    >2013
    >Blademastering it up
    >Wizards comes and spark combos me
    >10k>15k damage in 2 seconds
    >that's okay, I stun and they die anyway
    >Nation Wars comes
    >mybodyisready.jpg
    >next day R9r3 Wizards
    >stun stun stun
    >Purify Spell activates
    >gottagofast.avi
    >spark sutra
    >15k>12k, dead
    >Wizards strunk
    >Play anyway, get into shenanigans
    >Wizards still near unkillable with insane DPH
    >quit

>months and months go by
    >2014
    >New HoriZANS
    >thisisrelevanttomyinterests.png
    >log on
    >get passives
    >get Dragon Rising
    >random +12R9r3 Wiz attacks
    >spark combo
    >oh****oh****oh****
    >barely a scratch
    >slaughter mode: engaged
    >beat up Wizards all day for revenge
    >tank them in physical marrow 'cause they suck

git gud casuals :^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    so long as you stack every every debuff in the game and triple spark we still hit hard... in pve
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    >be me
    >2013
    >Blademastering it up
    >Wizards comes and spark combos me
    >10k>15k damage in 2 seconds
    >that's okay, I stun and they die anyway
    >Nation Wars comes
    >mybodyisready.jpg
    >next day R9r3 Wizards
    >stun stun stun
    >Purify Spell activates
    >gottagofast.avi
    >spark sutra
    >15k>12k, dead
    >Wizards strunk
    >Play anyway, get into shenanigans
    >Wizards still near unkillable with insane DPH
    >quit

>months and months go by
    >2014
    >New HoriZANS
    >thisisrelevanttomyinterests.png
    >log on
    >get passives
    >get Dragon Rising
    >random +12R9r3 Wiz attacks
    >spark combo
    >oh****oh****oh****
    >barely a scratch
    >slaughter mode: engaged
    >beat up Wizards all day for revenge
    >tank them in physical marrow 'cause they suck

git gud casuals :^)

now i can feel the struggle, but at least bming had CCs and back in time could at least cover the support role

we are not able to do **** xD

@ boogie: how is it to play the only 2 heavily nerfed classes after NH b:chuckle

i really dont get why devs intended to **** up the 2 main ranged DD classes

i mean archer still has purge.... but what do we have xD nothing xD no dps no dph no cc no heal no support no more mobility due to paralyze
    we got poke i guess... too bad poke damage is really unrelevant seen the HP charms :)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    now i can feel the struggle, but at least bming had CCs and back in time could at least cover the support role

@ boogie: how is it to play the only 2 heavily nerfed classes after NH b:chuckle

i mean archer still has purge.... but what do we have xD nothing xD no dps no dph no cc no heal no support no more mobility due to paralyze
    we got poke i guess... too bad poke damage is really unrelevant seen the HP charms :)

That's not true. You have the overpowered wizzie buff. :D b:laughb:chuckle (Which is pretty sad because wizzies are the only class with a buff that does not benefit them at all.)

But on a serious note, wizzies aren't really seeing a lot of action, and there were a lot more things that should have been nerfed first...before the wizzie took a nerf. Barely see wizzies around much anyways...It'd be nice to see some love to the wizzie so that they can gain a little more power. I think that the last good update that you guys got was the morai update...

@Zanryu: I couldn't help but laugh.
    b:laugh
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014

but at least bming had CCs and back in time could at least cover the support role

we are not able to do sh.it xD

Alright, let me just stop you there. Before New Horizons rolled around Vit/Mag and Dex genies were all it took to stop a BM. Our stuns are fairly predictable and our damage output left much to be desired, if you managed to escape just one of our stuns at the right time you could waste a lot of our chi or ruin a combo. All with the click of a button. A Blademaster depends on stunlocking to bring a target down, and if you escape it, it makes the fight extremely troublesome. For a BM a fight is a war of resources, one that we can easily start to lose due to the heavy amount of chi it costs to lock a target down.

Now, enter Purify Spell. On a class with Pdef that rivals even ours. That has pre NH Spark combos. This may only be one example, but we're talking about fighting a class that can already tank your hits, has a genie that can ruin your stunlock, AND can randomly get rid of your stuns and any other debuffs without any cost to themselves.

Other examples? Pretty much any class with any form of CC or anti CC to use immediately after having broken our stunlock. Every other class back then, aside from a Barbarian, had good DPH and just enough CC to abuse it if they could catch you just right. Blademasters? We were ONLY CC, and even then we were mostly only stuns. We could tank for days, sure, but actually killing a target? While possible it was certainly a struggle due to the huge amount of ways to break stuns in the game.

Don't you ever come to me complaining about how you can now do nothing when Blademasters have had to put up with that for years. Your class was an underdog at first, though it was quite tanky and though it lacked CC it had massive AoE damage. Then Spark combo was discovered and Morai skills added, and you become the KING of this game. Nigh unstoppable, a complete powerhouse both offensively and defensively. The only thing that truly rivaled Wizards in terms of brokenness was Assassins, and that's a whole other thread.

BMs have stepped out of the shadows and into the light.
    The Dragon has risen.

RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH!

DOWN WITH THE WIZARDS!

@Zanryu: I couldn't help but laugh.
    b:laugh

What I'm here for dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    zeebrah, you're missing the point. first of all, PvE constitutes like 90% of this game, that was enough incentive to play a BM and get more use out of him than a wizard for years.

secondly, you have to look at wizards in vitro so to speak. that is, without spark. and when you do that, you’ll realize everything about them woefully sucks as compared to other classes. wizards need to be reworked. it doesn't make sense to me that they are entirely at the mercy of a genie skill.

thirdly, every time someone talks about wizards being op they are referencing a single memory of dieing to spark from one of the few EG wizards on their server. that's it. one niche that could have been toned down a little, but has since been the only saving grace to a class that hasn’t been able to do anything else, ever.

oh wait, I stand corrected, the last time people thought wizards were op was sage bids, another niche that happened once a week, in a very particular scenario with very specific timing, while we did nothing for the other 6 days. that is why wizards are the least played class, and always have been. every other class has other, workable purposes that warrant their choice, wizards simply do not.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    zeebrah, you're missing the point. first of all, PvE constitutes like 90% of this game, that was enough incentive to play a BM and get more use out of him than a wizard for years.

secondly, you have to look at wizards in vitro so to speak. that is, without spark. and when you do that, you’ll realize everything about them woefully sucks as compared to other classes. wizards need to be reworked. it doesn't make sense to me that they are entirely at the mercy of a genie skill.

thirdly, every time someone talks about wizards being op they are referencing a single memory of dieing to spark from one of the few EG wizards on their server. that's it. one niche that could have been toned down a little, but has since been the only saving grace to a class that hasn’t been able to do anything else, ever.

oh wait, I stand corrected, the last time people thought wizards were op was sage bids, another niche that happened once a week, in a very particular scenario with very specific timing, while we did nothing for the other 6 days. that is why wizards are the least played class, and always have been. every other class has other, workable purposes that warrant their choice, wizards simply do not.

That specific instance lasted a large portion of the game. I'm aware of how Wizards were at first, what they become, and how they are now. At no point in time was a Blademaster ever at the level of power Wizards reached at one point. Assassins, Seekers, and Wizards were all at one point or another the absolutely strongest PvP classes, BMs were mostly always for support. We could land kills in 1v1 and hold our own extremely well, but we could not put out the sheer amount of damage other classes good. We had defense and a stunlock, and that was it.

I'm certainly not going to argue that Wizards are in a bad place right now, but that's just how PWE is. They overbuff something and then nerf it into the ground. Except Assassins. Those only get stronger and stronger. They're like DBZ characters and they've gone SS50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    That specific instance lasted a large portion of the game. I'm aware of how Wizards were at first, what they become, and how they are now. At no point in time was a Blademaster ever at the level of power Wizards reached at one point. Assassins, Seekers, and Wizards were all at one point or another the absolutely strongest PvP classes, BMs were mostly always for support. We could land kills in 1v1 and hold our own extremely well, but we could not put out the sheer amount of damage other classes good. We had defense and a stunlock, and that was it.

I'm certainly not going to argue that Wizards are in a bad place right now, but that's just how PWE is. They overbuff something and then nerf it into the ground. Except Assassins. Those only get stronger and stronger. They're like DBZ characters and they've gone SS50.

right, i don't think anyone is saying BM's are OP, in fact they are probably the hardest class to play in PvP. but that aside, from a big picture perspective, they could "at least" do other things that justify playing one over a wizard at all stages in PWI's lifetime, PvE included since that's what all of us do for the majority of the time. and that goes back to what I said, there's virtually no reason to play a wizard beyond that one particular instance, or the niche.

i don't know how long wizards were running rampant with spark, but it was certainly unused / not discovered for the first half of this game so I would disagree with you there. a simple, reasonable way to assess the situation is just asking yourself why there have always been so few wizard players. if that one particular instance, or niche, made wizards that good, we would've seen a migration to the class like we have clearly seen for seekers, sins, and even archers since they are so straightforward and easy to play.

but unless you outgear your opponents to be able to use spark reliably, the class is underpowered in every other department. and that is why everybody who says they're going to fund a wizard wind up quitting before 90. without abusing one tiny scenario, the class completely blows. the amount wizards effing everybody up with spark has always been the exception and not the norm. but, whatever, not like we have to worry about that now when fully debuffing people hits them for 5k as they return 4x the dmg output in 1/2 the time.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    right, i don't think anyone is saying BM's are OP, in fact they are probably the hardest class to play in PvP. but that aside, from a big picture perspective, they could "at least" do other things that justify playing one over a wizard at all stages in PWI's lifetime, PvE included since that's what all of us do for the majority of the time. and that goes back to what I said, there's virtually no reason to play a wizard beyond that one particular instance, or the niche.

I can agree that Blademasters have always had utility. Wizards were originally the weakest class until you hit end game, at which point they became a powerhouse. This was before we got R9, after that came around and Wizards started to discover Spark combos they truly became fearsome. Even more so after Morai skills came around. They started as the weakest, become the strongest, and are now sitting as the most useless class.

The reason to play Wizard is high damage skills, which they can still unleash through Ultimates. This is what people originally used them for, they were almost always bad at 1v1 PvP but excelled in group fights and TW due to the large amount of damage they could get off with AoEs. That was their niche, and to say nobody would play them outside of that is accurate. However, Blademaster is also a niche class. Most people like big numbers, they like to be able to deal huge amounts of damage and kill things fast. Blademasters aren't DDs, they're support. We give our team stuns, a disarm, and a massive amp. It's as niche a class as you can get and there's pretty much nobody that plays it for the damage it can do.

i don't know how long wizards were running rampant with spark, but it was certainly unused / not discovered for the first half of this game so I would disagree with you there. a simple, reasonable way to assess the situation is just asking yourself why there have always been so few wizard players. if that one particular instance, or niche, made wizards that good, we would've seen a migration to the class like we have clearly seen for seekers, sins, and even archers since they are so straightforward and easy to play.

It was quite a while. It was going on for at least a year and a half, which is a very long time in PWI. There have always been so few Wizards because they were always known as the worst class. The reason people didn't flock to Wizards is because unlike Assassins or Seekers it took a lot of investment to actually make it worth it. You needed the gear to survive to pull off the combo, and at least a bit of skill to get around your opponent and find an opening to use it. These are not things most people have. Spark+Undine was broken, and it was honestly fairly easy to use, but unlike Archers, Assassins, and Seekers, Wizards had a harder time of finding a chance to actually use their combo.

but unless you outgear your opponents to be able to use spark reliably, the class is underpowered in every other department. and that is why everybody who says they're going to fund a wizard wind up quitting before 90. without abusing one tiny scenario, the class completely blows. the amount wizards effing everybody up with spark has always been the exception and not the norm. but, whatever, not like we have to worry about that now when fully debuffing people hits them for 5k as they return 4x the dmg output in 1/2 the time.

It was the norm for a while, however after the NH update passives nerfed it pretty well. PWE can't balance for anything, who knew?

It sucks your class is borderline useless now, I know the feel. Maybe one day they'll fix it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It sucks your class is borderline useless now, I know the feel. Maybe one day they'll fix it up.

well in alot thing agree
    However, Blademaster is also a niche class. Most people like big numbers, they like to be able to deal huge amounts of damage and kill things fast.

this true but acctually few of them play with bm because easy the pve with fist mode on to grind out ur self or just level, until caster have alot harder time in this, long ago before tideborn bm not was big number damage but peoples rolled because was decent good dmg and in pve is easier then other class (veno was easy too but after 90 bm was nice with aps in soloing stuff for grind for new gear and refines etc)

in pvp the aps is dead but still it is nice on pve :)
    Wizards had a harder time of finding a chance to actually use their combo.

problem cooldowns and casting time untouched aswell with damage on skills, so that combo not exist, i agree spark and duine was easy mod, but 3rd spark with Nature's Vengeance+AS aint harder, or now 3rd spark+elimination vs caster

to be honest now gof became opish a bit with current crit rate, i also not like the purify on 3rd weapon because u could say its opish vs melee but also make harder time when low dmg(no nuke dmg like AS etc) class what debuff depend going vs another caster and debuff became purified, i would say it most benefit on psy with white because make him more unkillable because dont have too much skill what can few hit them, if they reicive more little dmg more chance for purge.

well with bm i got no problem, i dont say they dont deserved a bit boost but they aint op and never atleast in dmg (antistun stun was made for make stun again viable but i guess that would be the best if remove gof from melee+purify from caster weapon like mentioned above), same cleric etc

vs same geared bm kinda i aint too good without spark and udine but i accept it but when i deal **** dmg vs other class its became annoying, mainly because udine effectiness is damn low, i think the worst debuff now if u think about casting time, distance, single target, increased dmg % etc
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Zanryu wrote:
    I can agree that Blademasters have always had utility. Wizards were originally the weakest class until you hit end game, at which point they became a powerhouse. This was before we got R9, after that came around and Wizards started to discover Spark combos they truly became fearsome. Even more so after Morai skills came around. They started as the weakest, become the strongest, and are now sitting as the most useless class.

f-f-f-fearsome
    Zanryu wrote:
    The reason to play Wizard is high damage skills, which they can still unleash through Ultimates. This is what people originally used them for, they were almost always bad at 1v1 PvP but excelled in group fights and TW due to the large amount of damage they could get off with AoEs. That was their niche, and to say nobody would play them outside of that is accurate.

correcto mundo

Zanryu wrote:
    However, Blademaster is also a niche class. Most people like big numbers, they like to be able to deal huge amounts of damage and kill things fast. Blademasters aren't DDs, they're support. We give our team stuns, a disarm, and a massive amp. It's as niche a class as you can get and there's pretty much nobody that plays it for the damage it can do.

this is where I start to disagree and semantics can cause a lot of confusion. true, each class can be considered niche at something, but that's only if you look at each feature as separate from one another: pk/1v1's vs. tw vs. nw vs. pve

if you take the aggregate, you'll find each class has at least a couple of purposes or can be useful in other areas of the game, but not wizards. wizards are the only true niche because they only excel in one very particular scenario. over the course of PWI's life, bm's could 1v1, provide utility, rinse & repeat aoe disruption, tank and soak damage to at least a respectable extent, and engage in subsistence farming which gives you the funds to do anything in this game in the first place.

wizards either exclusively shined at aoeing in TW when our ultimates were good (which they are not now), or (more recently) in running around building chi until you could prime a sutra->spark combo sequence, then run around some more.

Zanryu wrote:
    It was quite a while. It was going on for at least a year and a half, which is a very long time in PWI. There have always been so few Wizards because they were always known as the worst class. The reason people didn't flock to Wizards is because unlike Assassins or Seekers it took a lot of investment to actually make it worth it. You needed the gear to survive to pull off the combo, and at least a bit of skill to get around your opponent and find an opening to use it. These are not things most people have. Spark+Undine was broken, and it was honestly fairly easy to use, but unlike Archers, Assassins, and Seekers, Wizards had a harder time of finding a chance to actually use their combo.

I agree that it took a lot to get to that point, doesn't that demonstrate to you that wizards were useless in all but that one scenario. and that to get there, you either had to play another class to fund it, or cash shop your way right to end game. what does that say about wizards for the average player? it's all relative in that regard. should wizard stay useless for 99% of this game just because a +12 player can do insane damage in one very particular scenario? that's mainly what I'm concerned with.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    if you take the aggregate, you'll find each class has at least a couple of purposes or can be useful in other areas of the game, but not wizards. wizards are the only true niche because they only excel in one very particular scenario. over the course of PWI's life, bm's could 1v1, provide utility, rinse & repeat aoe disruption, tank and soak damage to at least a respectable extent, and engage in subsistence farming which gives you the funds to do anything in this game in the first place.

It's true BMs could 1v1, but it's not something we excelled at. BMs were always a jack of all trades, but our niche role is cc support. While Wizards excelled in only one scenario, they did have other options available to them. They could provide decent damage in group PvP, provide respectable single target cc support (though this would need to be well timed), and for a fair amount of time could farm in caster Nirvana as efficiently, if not more so than aps classes.

It took a good while, and it ended after some time, but Wizards did have PvE options available. This isn't including Delta, which they were also a very heavily requested class for. Back when it made money anyway. Wizards could perform other roles within the game, even if their best role was AoE DD. Or Spark comboing people while that was a thing. They may not have excelled, but they were still viable.

wizards either exclusively shined at aoeing in TW when our ultimates were good (which they are not now), or (more recently) in running around building chi until you could prime a sutra->spark combo sequence, then run around some more.

I agree that it took a lot to get to that point, doesn't that demonstrate to you that wizards were useless in all but that one scenario. and that to get there, you either had to play another class to fund it, or cash shop your way right to end game. what does that say about wizards for the average player? it's all relative in that regard. should wizard stay useless for 99% of this game just because a +12 player can do insane damage in one very particular scenario? that's mainly what I'm concerned with.

To be fair, unless you were a melee class with a set of well refined aps gear, you had to play another class in order to get by. The game became so obsessed with dps it was a necessity. Mystics, Wizards, Seekers, Clerics, they all had to use aps classes, merchant, or straight up cash shop.

I don't believe any class should be useless, but I don't see PWE doing anything about it any time soon honestly. Maybe something will happen next update, who knows.

wuv u broski
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited June 2014
    ....in running around building chi until you could ....

in tw inda bad point, useng water shield make you more squishy than any other class, included psy in black if he used on him his other buffs like charm cooldown etc

easily gonna be target with water shield is on
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Alright, let me just stop you there. Before New Horizons rolled around Vit/Mag and Dex genies were all it took to stop a BM. Our stuns are fairly predictable and our damage output left much to be desired, if you managed to escape just one of our stuns at the right time you could waste a lot of our chi or ruin a combo. All with the click of a button. A Blademaster depends on stunlocking to bring a target down, and if you escape it, it makes the fight extremely troublesome. For a BM a fight is a war of resources, one that we can easily start to lose due to the heavy amount of chi it costs to lock a target down.

Now, enter Purify Spell. On a class with Pdef that rivals even ours. That has pre NH Spark combos. This may only be one example, but we're talking about fighting a class that can already tank your hits, has a genie that can ruin your stunlock, AND can randomly get rid of your stuns and any other debuffs without any cost to themselves.

Other examples? Pretty much any class with any form of CC or anti CC to use immediately after having broken our stunlock. Every other class back then, aside from a Barbarian, had good DPH and just enough CC to abuse it if they could catch you just right. Blademasters? We were ONLY CC, and even then we were mostly only stuns. We could tank for days, sure, but actually killing a target? While possible it was certainly a struggle due to the huge amount of ways to break stuns in the game.

Don't you ever come to me complaining about how you can now do nothing when Blademasters have had to put up with that for years. Your class was an underdog at first, though it was quite tanky and though it lacked CC it had massive AoE damage. Then Spark combo was discovered and Morai skills added, and you become the KING of this game. Nigh unstoppable, a complete powerhouse both offensively and defensively. The only thing that truly rivaled Wizards in terms of brokenness was Assassins, and that's a whole other thread.

BMs have stepped out of the shadows and into the light.
    The Dragon has risen.

RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH!

DOWN WITH THE WIZARDS!

What I'm here for dude.

^ What zanryu said, only I would add in one very noteable feature wizards have over bms and that is the ability to hit at a distance. While obviously it not a triumph card that can easily be played on everyone, it is still quite useful, and still allows you all to do PLENTY that a bm can not, especially if the bm is undergeared, yes all classes while undergeared suck, but that is a bit beside the point. Wizards even while undergeared still at least have range to fall back on, along with their much harder hits, (than bms.... maybe not harder than MOST other magic classes, but still real strong in their own right) they can/could do plenty that bm's simply could NOT. BM's may have their plethora of stuns but they HAVE to live in order to use them, if they don't they're toast, and even when they do... as zan pointed out... the purify proc, and the other plentiful ways of breaking out of everything a bms throws at you before NH life on a bm was extremely annoying.

Now I am not saying wizards aren't lack luster, but saying that they 'can't do ****' is just plain wrong, I know I made the mistake of saying something damn near spot on to that about bms a while back, and I was wrong then... and people chewed me up and down about it, and tried to convince me otherwise. :X

Personally I still feel that if there was a 'race' (for the lack of a better word) war where, humans, elves, untamed, tideborn, and earthguards fought each other, it would be the human class that would STRUGGLE the most to win. (Not saying its impossible for them to win, it would just be an ridiculous uphill battle for them.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited June 2014
    While obviously it not a triumph card that can easily be played on everyone, it is still quite useful, and still allows you all to do PLENTY that a bm can not, especially if the bm is undergeared, yes all classes while undergeared suck, but that is a bit beside the point. Wizards even while undergeared still at least have range to fall back on,

lol i have no ideea what u talk about

all melee got something what in compasation of range problem, u say u sucks if under geared? go roll wizz and check that too how cool being 1hited mostly from 8 other class (except bm and barb other 8 class got no problem with range and u can be sure u die faster than with bm even in 1vs1)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited June 2014
    the struggle is real :(

why didnt i gear my assassin instead of my wiz b:cry

btw yea we were a great class to play until NH patch, at endgame we were almost on pair with sage assassins

now our ultimates damage is ludicrous, undinespark dont reduce target res under 70% or 80%, and we kept all our channelling+cast times b:cry

fak dis b:cry i wanna cs item to reroll class
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Proski - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    o lord, too much to pick apart in that post, not even worth the effort, still digesting my bbq proteinz
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Point made earlier is something that devwise could be addressed: Wizards have little to offer to a party beyond direct elemental damage. No party buffs other then frostblade.

What they could really use is a caster version of bloodpaint - a portion of damage dealt returning to the caster as mana (and affecting -only- casters with the exception of venos due to them being partially melee based). That would make wizzies a lot more popular I think.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    o lord, too much to pick apart in that post, not even worth the effort, still digesting my bbq proteinz

les hit da gym and git sum gainz?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Point made earlier is something that devwise could be addressed: Wizards have little to offer to a party beyond direct elemental damage. No party buffs other then frostblade.

What they could really use is a caster version of bloodpaint - a portion of damage dealt returning to the caster as mana (and affecting -only- casters with the exception of venos due to them being partially melee based). That would make wizzies a lot more popular I think.

popular? yea for the rest of the casters in team if they aint wizards

how do you actually "spellsuck" if you have longest chann+cast times? b:cry
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If it's percentage of damage dealt based, the chantimes do not matter. You hit less often, but for more damage, so in DPS terms it evens out. Or rather, should even out. But it's just a thought anyway... Wizzies could do with a better party buff. Party synergy is a nice thing to have.

Besides, wouldn't you love to one-up those seekers with a manaleech dragons breath to counter (or complement) their lifeleech vovo? b:pleased
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited June 2014
    If it's percentage of damage dealt based, the chantimes do not matter. You hit less often, but for more damage, so in DPS terms it evens out.

seriously rofl..... this was before r9 and nw, not now :D
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Suddenly comes to my mind one talk I had with a friend once about having a caster Bloodpaint-like skill that instead of healing immediately would heal over time.

Maybe I should stop drinking. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014

completely not related to main topic. if this comment is directed at me then you should know theres FaceRolled and FaceRoli, both of us happened to have Archer Mains, but different yt channels, and different servers.

somewhat on topic. I dont know why we are even discussing PvE squad utility (i dont see how mana gain would help pvp, mayb cleric?)... but like I said in my orignal post wizard is very useful for PvE vs the "new" bosses w/ anti aps. Can kill them in 1 spark. (imagine 2x or 3x wizard) champions of pve \o/

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited June 2014
    If it's percentage of damage dealt based, the chantimes do not matter. You hit less often, but for more damage, so in DPS terms it evens out. Or rather, should even out. But it's just a thought anyway... Wizzies could do with a better party buff. Party synergy is a nice thing to have.

Besides, wouldn't you love to one-up those seekers with a manaleech dragons breath to counter (or complement) their lifeleech vovo? b:pleased

sorry but you prolly didnt realize yet that wizard doesnt hit for more damage, having the lowest base magic damage among all arcane classes :) and having no %base damage added by our skill

we are really in need an "old" soul shatter skill that would work in pvp as a wizard skill

thats what we need
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited June 2014
    champions of pve \o/

why cleric with crit buff+violet+cycleon and debuff worse than wizz in pve?
    or mystic with storm mistress or veno with harpy?
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    ^

3rd times the charm.

yes the soul shatterer type debuffs are insanely good, too bad they are pve only at least can make use of that. A pvp version would be nice. of the suggestions listed i think changing the formula for our ulti dmg would be the most appropriate, along w/ an improved undine.

that said I do agree that wizard as a class has gotten significantly weaker after NH, but prior to NH we were at the top, theres only one way to go after that, unless you are a sin xD

• Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You want a solution, simple:
    Make undine strike to amplify damage done by earth, water, fire skills for 30% rather than reducing m.def, that would even pvp field for wiz in 1 vs 1, and also great to team up with psys in TW or mass pvp.
This discussion has been closed.