Can we get a 2x Drops

Options

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I selfishly just want a 2x to farm pstones.

Same, I would selfishly also enter TT in order to farm some coins. Then again 1kish tome frags, suppose I can spare to sell some p.stones whenever there is a damn 2x as I aint wasting them w/o one. Then again scurred of autoculti on 2x <.<. I need 6 ocean orbs for cape and helm now that I finally rolled ones I like :). A long 2x and I could work on emperor but thats more of a dream, absolutely no SoTs/LUaDs on archosaur that are being sold. If you want one, you buy from someone who doesnt want to sell, making the price quite absurd.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I would bot more but since there is no x2 then **** botting.I just hate leaving a game running to come back to it in the morning with a toon dead or town teleport with only 20 dq drops lol..yay profit there right?
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm in favor of 2x. (Proper 2x for xp, spirit, and drops.)

2x DOES help to improve the percentage of drops. Granted, you may just end up with 2 **** items. Conversely, you may also end up with 2 good items. Many of us on the forums are already full G16 or R9rr. (I know I'm full G16) However, not every player is. I know many people who are still trying to farm TT/Lunar mats on their main, or trying to get EoO's and EoD's. These do double with 2x. For lower leveled dungeons, there is a better chance that the gold gear will drop for them. For those of us who are farming, we can do some efficiently. For players that are grinding mobs, they can do some more efficiently. (Some players are attacking mobs, without using auto-cultivation.) Even the page drop rate in FSP increases. That's some profit there.

It is true that the prices on some items may increase. It is also true that the prices on some items will decrease. I, personally support 2x. We haven't had a proper 2x in some time.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Personally with the in-game economy in the toilet already, and the now-legit botting system, I hope we never see 2x drops again.

2x exp and spirit, awesome. Drops, not so much.

In the day when it would take 2 hours to run a TT instance, sure. Now, you can do TT in under an hour with a merely marginally geared squad consisting of two or three people multi-clienting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I would bot more but since there is no x2 then **** botting.I just hate leaving a game running to come back to it in the morning with a toon dead or town teleport with only 20 dq drops lol..yay profit there right?
    How does 2x drops being turned on make the difference to your bot staying alive? If it dies now, it'll die regardless. Sounds like your doing the wrong mobs for your character.

Personally with the in-game economy in the toilet already, and the now-legit botting system, I hope we never see 2x drops again.
    I agree.
    For whatever reason people seem to think throwing 2x drops and all the coin from it into an already broken economy will somehow fix it.
    When really, 2x drops now would take the economy thats in the toilet and flush it.
  • Eryialne - Raging Tide
    Eryialne - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Successfully generalized as a noob cash shopper and a 24/7 botter? Check! b:chuckle

Also, I'm a Mystic b:surrender

I do farm TT and contribute to the server! Only, I get the privilege of just doing 1-X and maybe 2-X, cuz you know...I'm no sin or BM or barb

Seriously, our biggest problem right now is just the damn botting... it's not 2x and/or the lack of 2x. Prices on day to day stuff is going up and up and up thanks to the hundreds of million coins added to the economy every single day by those r9rr +12 archers farming spiders out by Avalanche Mountain, or by the sins, archers, and barbs botting all the Morai quest mobs.

More on topic, though: 2x drops is not increasing the drop rate. You just get the same amount of drops as if you killed it twice. It's not how it works, and a lot of people seem to have that misconception.

Like for Illusion Stone having the oh-so-wonderful drop rate of 0.4384% . Oh yeah. Mm. Love it. That's ridiculous. But anyhow, Big Luminostone on the other hand has a drop rate of 27.7653%. That's 63.3333x more chance to drop. You just get the big litter of ****. 2x makes you get a double litter of ****. Because you get your amount of drops multiplied by 2.

I would be in favor of increasing the actual drop rate(s). But, I know they won't do that, as they don't fix anything old

I do like the argument of making 2x so that more people come out to play for the summer though. Lots of people having that common misconception means more players to come around! Which is always a good thing
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What's with all the perfect stone addiction? You can get 70 P.stones p/day by doing your OHT daily, plus running TT3-1 or higher maybe once or twice for those additional mats.
    Get alts to lv90 and you make more than any of you could burn p/day. I got 1 alt lv90+ and I sold 5k p.stones this week, all spare ones and already have 2k in the bank after feeding 1200 orso to genies.

I agree with you but you're refering only to genies. I assume that people that really need a lot of P Stones are the ones who craft defensive charms with them.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My post isnt about botting so the people who want to talk about that make your own post. This is to help get a 2x. Not for a bunch of babys oooo people will bot.... Who cares people was doing that long before pwi gave us a bot to use woopi . Personaly i dont use the bot i think its cheap but people do ive seen people that constley having it running its simple really drag a boss over to them they hit it boss kill them .... this works on pve servers lol
    edited June 2014
    Options
    c44102 wrote: »
    My post isnt about botting so the people who want to talk about that make your own post. This is to help get a 2x. Not for a bunch of babys oooo people will bot.... Who cares people was doing that long before pwi gave us a bot to use woopi . Personaly i dont use the bot i think its cheap but people do ive seen people that constley having it running its simple really drag a boss over to them they hit it boss kill them .... this works on pve servers lol
    Except that now that it's legit, there are 50x more bots running, and even on PVE servers, dragging a boss to the bots is rarely an answer due to lack of bosses being available.

Hell, you can barely do freaking daily quests now due to 20 bots farming the one 50-meter area that the mobs spawn in.

So sure, lets do something to allow the bots to gain 2x the profit that they were previously and ruin the economy even further.

You're aware that botting is the reason we got the DQ nerfs, the sell-to NC price nerfs, and NPC purchase hikes in the first place, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c44102
    edited June 2014
    Options
    this thread isnt about botting go make one for it. this thread is about trying to get 2x and increasing drop rates. im not trying to get my thread off topic. If u wanna talk/conplain about people botting make a thread for one its not hard

this might make everyone happy because to many people are consirned people will bot. Make it 2x in instances only this way people have to actualy play to get the reward b:pleased
    edited June 2014
    Options
    this might make everyone happy because to many people are consirned people will bot. Make it 2x in instances only this way people have to actualy play to get the reward b:pleased
    That's not something you can do. The setting is applied to the server as a whole, and cannot be applied specifically to instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c44102
    edited June 2014
    Options
    yeah they can its as simple as putting in a new code all the game is based on codes all they would have to do is make one wait let me take that back it would take them a year to do thatb:laugh

Honestly its simple its summer less people are playing the servers need 2x if the people from the other servers ( not Arch ) dont want 2x just give it to Arch thats fine also .... But we need 2x to get people on active again and to help stuff outb:pleased
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The cost of stuff only keeps going up every week

I wonder why.

Anway, typical "OMG you don't want 2x, you're a dirty casher!!!" thread.

Nope, I don't want 2x drops. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • c44102
    edited June 2014
    Options

I wonder why.

Anway, typical "OMG you don't want 2x, you're a dirty casher!!!" thread.

Nope, I don't want 2x drops. :D

fine dont log in during that time problem salved b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    fine dont log in during that time problem salved b:chuckle

Because that doesn't **** up the economy. Go away, you're an awful troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

I would be in favor of increasing the actual drop rate(s). But, I know they won't do that, as they don't fix anything old

Quoted this one as I do like this suggestion.
    If they don't give out x2 drops anymore due to bots, tweak the droprates for TT/Warsong/Lunar. Could be permanent tweaks of minor increases (lunar would f.e. drop 1 eod + 1 extra every so often, maybe 1+33% for another), or, if its even possible since it is a content-tweak, put it in an event-form where we have the x2 droprates for those instances between maintenances.
  • c44102
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Quoted this one as I do like this suggestion.
    If they don't give out x2 drops anymore due to bots, tweak the droprates for TT/Warsong/Lunar. Could be permanent tweaks of minor increases (lunar would f.e. drop 1 eod + 1 extra every so often, maybe 1+33% for another), or, if its even possible since it is a content-tweak, put it in an event-form where we have the x2 droprates for those instances between maintenances.

if they would o full get rid of 2x drops they would have to give us one last one and let us know its the last one for the people who buy items to be able to farm cerston stuff like for card bosses they need to buy tome frags becuause u cant farm the cards anymore. single drops will not make anyone profit on them to make it worth it. there for p stones after once all the people farm and then sell of them will go up insaine amounts and persoanly as a player i do not want to see that. I would hope they would atleast tell us that there would be no more 2x drops instead of just putting it in. Because honestly if they did that and decided not to tell us and leave us hanging many people will leave because i see people talking all the time about how they are waiting on 2x to go farm there gear. and theres nothing wrong with it and if the only reason we didnt get 2x drops would be because of that crappy bot program then they need to remove it because its causing problems for other stuff. that program is not helping as much as it is hurting things
    Because that doesn't **** up the economy. Go away, you're an awful troll.

are u just mad i feel we dont need u b:chuckle its not my falt u are agenst people farming and doing stuff b:laugh
    edited June 2014
    Options
    yeah they can its as simple as putting in a new code all the game is based on codes all they would have to do is make one wait let me take that back it would take them a year to do thatb:laugh

Honestly its simple its summer less people are playing the servers need 2x if the people from the other servers ( not Arch ) dont want 2x just give it to Arch thats fine also .... But we need 2x to get people on active again and to help stuff outb:pleased
    Actually, because of the way the server is coded, what you're recommending would not work without a complete re-design.

You don't "need" 2x to get people active again. You (the users) need to quit killing the in-game economy, the developers need to start fixing the freaking bugs before continuing to push out new content, and PWE needs to stop supporting the damn power creep and our special version of FCC.

None of which will ever happen, so having 2x is rather pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    c44102, stop double posting so much. We have a multi-quote and edit function. Please use them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • c44102
    edited June 2014
    Options
    its simple most people look forward to 2x drops. even a lot of the cash shoppers. the only ones who dont are the people that dont farm or do stuff in game besides give people a hard time. ASK around on your server youll see what i am saying is true people want 2x - the few that only use this for what i stated above giving people a hard time and or just to talk
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    As someone who farms and merchs... I really don't want another 2x drops at the moment unless it's some sort of "weekend only" type one that's incredibly short. The longer these go on, the less profit I can earn from my drops because of the values falling and the ingame economy is already lopsided enough as is.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I think PWI seen how coins were farmed from drops while afk botting last 2x and this is why we havent had once since. They did make as much as they wanted from people dropping real money on the game. Id be surprised if they didnt nerf drops if they had another 2x drops.
    NGTUy53.png

• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    I think PWI seen how coins were farmed from drops while afk botting last 2x and this is why we havent had once since. They did make as much as they wanted from people dropping real money on the game. Id be surprised if they didnt nerf drops if they had another 2x drops.

And here we have a prime example of someone who doesn't really know what they're talking about looking to stir the pot.

People will spend real money on the game whether 2x drops is on or not. Guess why? During 2x drops, charms will be more in demand, as people are going to be farming more of the high-level instances. This means that those charms have to come from somewhere, which means Gold has to be purchased by someone.

Also, the fallacy that drop-rates are adjusted based on how much money a company makes is ludicrous. The amount of micro-management that would require would be insane, as the drop rates would have to be adjusted monthly, weekly, or even daily based on how much money the company is bringing in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    its simple most people look forward to 2x drops. even a lot of the cash shoppers. the only ones who dont are the people that dont farm or do stuff in game besides give people a hard time.
    This isn't true.
    People (in this thread even) aren't just objecting because they aren't farmers or to "give others a hard time". They know that a 2x drops will only cripple the economy worse than it is. How and why has been pointed out in this thread and in various other threads.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This isn't true.
    People (in this thread even) aren't just objecting because they aren't farmers or to "give others a hard time". They know that a 2x drops will only cripple the economy worse than it is. How and why has been pointed out in this thread and in various other threads.

He is not thinking about his server's economy, he is thinking about his profit, using "us" as a shield to make us think it is not about him.

OP, you have been here over a year (assuming you didn't take long breaks) and you are asking for x2 drops. I hope you understand what does it mean to flood even more the market and how your coins are going to be less valuable because of how inflated economy is.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'd like to see the bots removed, or the DQ prices on 81+ DQ mats being nerfed to 1 coin, before we see another 2x. The bots are wrecking the economy (as I knew they would the second this got implemented) and I don't want them to be even more profitable. Because then even MORE people would want to do it. I used to like 2x, but not anymore.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    We DONT need a 2x. We CANT have a 2x.

gold prices are absurd already, this would cause a sinister break in game's economy, people would want much more than 4~5m per gold (more than auction max), no golds would be sold, markets would be spammed with TT mats, people with 5000 trillion coins unable to buy a **** meat.

FFS, NO!
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    And here we have a prime example of someone who doesn't really know what they're talking about looking to stir the pot.

People will spend real money on the game whether 2x drops is on or not. Guess why? During 2x drops, charms will be more in demand, as people are going to be farming more of the high-level instances. This means that those charms have to come from somewhere, which means Gold has to be purchased by someone.

Also, the fallacy that drop-rates are adjusted based on how much money a company makes is ludicrous. The amount of micro-management that would require would be insane, as the drop rates would have to be adjusted monthly, weekly, or even daily based on how much money the company is bringing in.

Not stirring the pot. Just expressing a thought as to why they havent had a 2x drops lately.
    I would still say that people did not spend as much as they would have if they werent able to farm all the coins they had during 2x.

Needing charms for higher lvl instances. I cant remember the last time i ticked my charm doing an instance. I dont use charms for botting either. If you do you are foolish. To easy to lure mobs and have them attack and tick/kill your charm. Dont think the price of charms would go up during 2x drops, not on harshlands anyway. I dont buy charms. Event gold ftw.

Also I said, i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt nerf the drops if they had another 2x, meaning the next one. If they can flip a switch for 2x, they can flip a switch for -2x.

I dont recall saying anything about adjusting the drop rate depending on what they made monlthy, weekly or daily. You may have thought i implied it, i did not.
    NGTUy53.png

• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    I dont recall saying anything about adjusting the drop rate depending on what they made monlthy, weekly or daily. You may have thought i implied it, i did not.

Then the way you termed it was they would nerf drop rates for 2x, then bump them back up after 2x? That's a fairly illogical way of thinking.

My deepest apologies for thinking that you were at least thinking clearly and wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • c44102
    edited June 2014
    Options
    many people want 2x check around on your servers talk to people. Also some stuff is only worth farming during 2x. also to OP i agree for holliday stuff but we had that and they only gave 2x exp nothing to do with drops. Im just trying to get the drops part that was left out since it has been months. I still see people bringing up the whole botting its simple pwi needs to remove that mess its more hurtfull then helpfull. dont reduce DQ to 1 coin but bring back the DQ stystem upgraded with new items. But that Bot needs to go also if we are speaking of things that need to go that pop up u get one a day or more if u DC about needing a gaurden scrolls that thing needs to go it gets people killed from stuff they would normaly live though ive seen many people die to that remove both of those give us 2x and people al around will be happy besides the ones that just come on here to troll