pk suggestion!!!

Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestion Box
This is a simple suggestion. We all know that a server can be changed from pve to pvp or vice versa. So what I suggest is that maybe once a week we could have pk day which has everyone go into pk mode. The event could be called chaos in pw or something like that.

Why? The truth is that the game is dying. A huge % of the player base was pvp players. The remaining people are mostly pve players, but for the most part they bring no life to the game because they mostly just do dailies. PvP causes life. People say they hate drama, but the truth is that drama is attractive to humans. Why do tv dramas last? Because they are entertaining. PvE rarely creates drama and therefore creates little life for the game.

Players don't realize that when they say pvp is dead ,which is why they choose not to pk , they are not helping the case. Forcing everyone into pk mode once a week will force the people that say pk is dead to go pk and learn that they can revitalize it.

Also pve players don't realize that other players are as much part of the environment as mobs are. What they really don't like is that players are much more of a challenge than other aspects of the pve environment. Lets give those pve players a challenge since most of them just bot and cause us server lag. Lets revitalize the game! b:cute
Post edited by Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    We have this, it's called PVP servers. And it's all day, everyday.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i myself hate pk drama and the current skills, gears, and class unbalance is the cause.

I do NW and TW and have fun doing it

I do not PK because I dont want to have to buy guardian scrolls or set my protections to do pk

I know alot of us on here have worked our butts off to get our gears and would like to keep them

We already have the PK in Morai, theatre of blood, and TW and NW for those who want to PK besides the out of city pking

i applaud your idea but I hate the drama of PK and don't want to have to risk losing stuff or paying to do it - i am sure many others will agree

if I had to go PK for a day I wouldn't log in for that day as I am sure many others wouldnt either
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    But pvp servers are to constant causing people to SZ every day all day I go their alot and people barely leave sz. A pve server getting a pk day once a week isn't much since 6/7 would be pve. People on pve server complain about bots at daily spotz... well pk servers don't have that issue. It would allow for us to remove of the pesky bots. Jeeesh no pve player can really answer me on why they only care for pve when pvp is pretty much pve. Humans are born, birds are born, whale are born, foxes are born... we are all part of the environment and the same applies to the game. Their is only one difference, you have the chance to lose things in pk. Fine then they can make it just like Morai and make it so nobody drops anything on this once a day event.
    i myself hate pk drama and the current skills, gears, and class unbalance is the cause.

I do NW and TW and have fun doing it

I do not PK because I dont want to have to buy guardian scrolls or set my protections to do pk

I know alot of us on here have worked our butts off to get our gears and would like to keep them

We already have the PK in Morai, theatre of blood, and TW and NW for those who want to PK besides the out of city pking

i applaud your idea but I hate the drama of PK and don't want to have to risk losing stuff or paying to do it - i am sure many others will agree

if I had to go PK for a day I wouldn't log in for that day as I am sure many others wouldnt either

You hate drama? Good that gives another bit of essence to the game. Drama whether u hate it or not is part of life. If u hate drama then u can try to ignore it. It's a good thing. I remember when WC was so much fun and it was constant. Now we have long periods of nothingness and that is far worse than drama on a game because that is a game under the threat of death
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    **** off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Nobody has to have a reason for you. They like it or they don't. Whether or not something is fun is purely subjective and you cannot force someone to like things that they do not. I would either stop logging in that day or quit altogether. I know others would quit too. PWI should be looking at ways to attract new players, not coming up with ways to annoy people by switching the product they offered into something else for the sake of causing drama and bad blood between it's existing players.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am NOT favorable -1
    PK mode makes people drop items and really, not everyone, minority of the people wants to be in a open pk scenario being that they chose to be in a PvE server in the first place.
    This event would mean PvE servers 80% more empty once a week.
    If you want Pk go to a PvP server.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Go to the tournament or the other event that I forgot the name, theater of blood I think? Well it's every nights and cannot drop your stuffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Go play a moba. Also, your suggestion sucks.
  • Glycerin - Dreamweaver
    Glycerin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't need PK for drama. b:pleased

I'd like to know where you got your numbers from or if it's strictly from your server. 'A huge %' on a PVE server is what exactly?

-1 because forced PK would ruin the game for me and quite possibly a lot more than you probably think.
  • skullterror
    skullterror Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    This is a simple suggestion. We all know that a server can be changed from pve to pvp or vice versa. So what I suggest is that maybe once a week we could have pk day which has everyone go into pk mode. The event could be called chaos in pw or something like that.

Why? The truth is that the game is dying. A huge % of the player base was pvp players. The remaining people are mostly pve players, but for the most part they bring no life to the game because they mostly just do dailies. PvP causes life. People say they hate drama, but the truth is that drama is attractive to humans. Why do tv dramas last? Because they are entertaining. PvE rarely creates drama and therefore creates little life for the game.

Players don't realize that when they say pvp is dead ,which is why they choose not to pk , they are not helping the case. Forcing everyone into pk mode once a week will force the people that say pk is dead to go pk and learn that they can revitalize it.

Also pve players don't realize that other players are as much part of the environment as mobs are. What they really don't like is that players are much more of a challenge than other aspects of the pve environment. Lets give those pve players a challenge since most of them just bot and cause us server lag. Lets revitalize the game! b:cute

You dont realize that your idea will cause even more players to quit game if one day it will come true.

You dont realize that not all players are R9RR or T3. Forcing all to go in Pk mode would cause weak ones to be crushed by the R9RR and T3 ones.

Low lvl players or the not so good gear ones will be forced to stay in SZ cause they will be afraid to go to do their dailies or quests cause of the R9RR and T3 ones that will haunt them. And trust me there will be players that will haunt and kill weak ones. Then will take their gear and sell it for money.

To a week player will not be a good thing to lose something for wich he haved worked a lot of time to obtain. And they wont work again to get something so they lose it again. So they will quit.

And dont come with the Guardian scroll things cause there are players that cannot afford hundred of guardian scrolls on them.

For newbies or low lvl alts will be even worse.

For exemple I dont want to do my spiritual cultivation quests at lvl 71 were i need to kill some mobs near Dreamweaver Port in a PK forced day and get 1 shot killed by an lvl 100 players just cause he can do that.

Your idea is good in a game world were high lvls and R9RR and T3 players wont atack low lvls or weak ones.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I chose a PvE server for a reason. I hate PK and the mentality of most PKers.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Yes you don't have to answer why you don't like pvp aspects, bu if responding to my thread is to prove something then reasons would be nice^^. Also it was just a suggestion so don't be so critical kk ty^^. I wish people would stop using the fact that not everyone has r999 as an excuse because a lot of people do end up getting that gear and still don't pk.i find it sad that everyone tries to say go to a pvp server for pvp. The fact is that pve servers are not solely pve the game was advertised as a pvp game so everyone expected it. I didn't ask for pk 24/7 did I? PvP servers are 24/7. On WC drama/ funny comments is the life of it. Oki my opinion is just that pve really doesn't make much sense to me because mobs are boring to kill and because I only considered pve as a way to get gear to pvp, but that's just me.

key points:
    -pve is a way to get gear to pvp.
    -pve is repetitive because mobs do same thing everyday.
    -pve is not fun to watch.
    -didn't ask for 24/7 pk like a pvp server.
    -it's whoever choice to quit for pk 1 day a week o.o
    -advertised as a pvp game so you all know what to expect.
    -players are apart of pve environment so Umm why not?
    - pk can get rid of the bot problem and therefore server lag problem.
    -it's JUST AN OPINION kk ty <3<3<3
    edited June 2014

key points:

Why did you chose a PVE server then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2014
    You dont realize that your idea will cause even more players to quit game if one day it will come true.

You dont realize that not all players are R9RR or T3. Forcing all to go in Pk mode would cause weak ones to be crushed by the R9RR and T3 ones.

Low lvl players or the not so good gear ones will be forced to stay in SZ cause they will be afraid to go to do their dailies or quests cause of the R9RR and T3 ones that will haunt them. And trust me there will be players that will haunt and kill weak ones. Then will take their gear and sell it for money.

To a week player will not be a good thing to lose something for wich he haved worked a lot of time to obtain. And they wont work again to get something so they lose it again. So they will quit.

And dont come with the Guardian scroll things cause there are players that cannot afford hundred of guardian scrolls on them.

For newbies or low lvl alts will be even worse.

For exemple I dont want to do my spiritual cultivation quests at lvl 71 were i need to kill some mobs near Dreamweaver Port in a PK forced day and get 1 shot killed by an lvl 100 players just cause he can do that.

Your idea is good in a game world were high lvls and R9RR and T3 players wont atack low lvls or weak ones.

Fine fine then anyone with r999 gear on their account is forced into pk on that day ^^ because I will always say r999 gear is pvp gear! This is a fact otherwise their wouldn't be a purify proc because that has little use in pve

Because I didn't want pk 24/7. PvE servers are a mix of both which is why I chose it. So it's not wrong to ask for a bit more pvp to balance more with the pve. On a pvp server u will always be disturbed which is why those servers are more for cs. PvE servers allow u the chance to farm your gear without being disturbed and then after your done u can pvp.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Because she's that kid calling out people at west gate to oneshot her in her G16 gear. She wouldn't last a day on an actual pvp server ...
    On a pvp server u will always be disturbed which is why those servers are more for cs.

And yet you want to force everoyne into pk? Which kind of pathetic hypocrite are you. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    key points:
    Not really, merchanting does more, but that requires you to have a starting capital as well, which requires A LOT of time farming, which a lot of people don't have, so it will take ages before a lot of people are up to gear.

Yet you say that pve is the way to get gear to pvp...

What kind of moot point is this?

No, what you are asking is for 1 day a week where a lot of people will not play because LOL 1 DAY A WEEK FORCED PVP, it doesn't work that well.

Your suggestion pretty much said it forces pk 1 day a week, now they have a choice to not be in pk for that day? Doesn't that beat the entire purpose of your suggestion?

I'm pretty sure it said it had "epic pvp" or something, but that doesn't really advertise it as a pvp game to me. If people want pure pvp however, they have the option to join a pvp server, so they are free to choose.

- players are apart of pve environment so Umm why not?
    What does this have to do with it?

Yeah, no, it doesn't work that way with "server lag".
    /5char
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited June 2014
    Because she's that kid calling out people at west gate to oneshot her in her G16 gear. She wouldn't last a day on an actual pvp server ...

And yet you want to force everoyne into pk? Which kind of pathetic hypocrite are you. lol

Did u not just say 24/7? Their's a big difference between 1 day and everyday. How about u come and 1 shot me then? That's right u can't ^^

Wow I've never been one to trashtalk b:chuckle
    edited June 2014
    Because I didn't want pk 24/7. PvE servers are a mix of both which is why I chose it. So it's not wrong to ask for a bit more pvp to balance more with the pve. On a pvp server u will always be disturbed which is why those servers are more for cs. PvE servers allow u the chance to farm your gear without being disturbed and then after your done u can pvp.

Mhm... did you know that majority of people farming for gears do it in Lunar, TT, WS and NW? NW apart, there's no random PVP/RPK in those instances, specially that people run them with friends and/or faction usually, we don't farm gears at West Arch or SP... I never got perturbed in my farming, but then again I don't farm gears at West or SP so unless you farm hay all day long at West you would have got no issue to farm gears on a PVP server, you just use that as excuse, if you did say that you wanted to quest in peace I would have understand, but questing=/=farming, you can gear up without doing quests, a lot of people did gear up without c$ing without got disturb by random PVP, that's call farming instances and merch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2014
    Mhm... did you know that majority of people farming for gears do it in Lunar, TT, WS and NW? NW apart, there's no random PVP/RPK in those instances, specially that people run them with friends and/or faction usually, we don't farm gears at West Arch or SP... I never got perturbed in my farming, but then again I don't farm gears at West or SP so unless you farm hay all day long at West you would have got no issue to farm gears on a PVP server, you just use that as excuse, if you did say that you wanted to quest in peace I would have understand, but questing=/=farming, you can gear up without doing quests, a lot of people did gear up without c$ing without got disturb by random PVP, that's call farming instances and merch.

I consider dailies a part of farming to make your char better also. What if I wanted Morai skills or primal skills? What if I want the exp the dailies give me? Farming is not just gear :o
    edited June 2014
    I consider dailies a part of farming to make your char better also. What if I wanted Morai skills or primal skills? What if I want the exp the dailies give me? Farming is not just gear :o

I got level 105 before the RB update, I'm R9rr+10, I'm full A cards (I have an S card too), I got all my sage skills, all my Morai skills, all my AEU skills, all my 100 skills, all my primal skills (beside devil cause I don't want it), that in less than 2 years of playing that char and I didn't c$ed a single dollar for that and I'm from HL (PVP server).

And I' not better than anyone else, I'm someone really lazy, so if I could do it anyone can it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014

No ty. I do not like openworld pk because there are to many idiots, drama and ranting. It can be funny to watch, but I don't like to participate in that. If there can be a way to have openworld pk without the kiddos that have to make up for a sucky rl and lack of confidence, I'd go white named instantly. Till then, I do not want to get forced into openworld pk. It's basically the ones complaining most that pk is dead that keep me from joining.

I do support a server transfer for you, so you can go to a pk server.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just don't understand the topic...

OP says he doesn't want to play on a PVP server to be able to do some quests while being blue name but he wants to force the server to be PVP one day a week even if some people might only play this day.
    And OP comes with this suggestion even if he obviously never played on any PVP server, thinking people will fight each other while doing quests just because they are forced into PK mode...

By the way, even if I haven't played on a PVP server for long (time zones b:sad) I don't think that PVP servers are more lively than PVE ones these days if we refer to what can be said on this forum.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • PREIIST - Morai
    PREIIST - Morai Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We have this, it's called PVP servers. And it's all day, everyday.
    such a cute lie , i remeber spanky poast a thread about not allouding Players to spam kill another Players during quests or whatever so GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited June 2014
    such a cute lie , i remeber spanky poast a thread about not allouding Players to spam kill another Players during quests or whatever so GG

There is indeed some "no harassment" rules on PVP servers but I think Venus was just saying that PVP servers are PVP every day, which is true. People that think that there are always people doing pk on PVP servers just have no idea about what a PVP server is

Edit : I even think those rules are more enforced on PVP servers because on PVE servers people will say "you can switch to blue"
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    I just don't understand the topic...

OP says he doesn't want to play on a PVP server to be able to do some quests while being blue name but he wants to force the server to be PVP one day a week even if some people might only play this day.
    And OP comes with this suggestion even if he obviously never played on any PVP server, thinking people will fight each other while doing quests just because they are forced into PK mode...

By the way, even if I haven't played on a PVP server for long (time zones b:sad) I don't think that PVP servers are more lively than PVE ones these days if we refer to what can be said on this forum.

Some high lvls or good geared players will attack low lvls and weak ones while doing their quests. Just because they can, they like to kill weak ones, they are evil. Not saying that all R9rr and T3 will attack weak ones, but some of them will do. It is just like real life: good ppl and bad ppl.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Here's the issue. People, like myself who chose to go to a PvE server did so because we DON'T WANT TO BE FORCED INTO A STATE OF CONSTANT PVP. I don't care if its one day a week, if its forced PvP, I don't want to be involved in it.

Those of us on PVE servers have options to pvp. These are NW, TW, Madness in Morai, Theater of Blood. It is no secret that I myself am happily PvE. I join NW because I want to, and its fun for me. (Notice that I said that "I JOIN, of my own free will."

If pve truly brought no life to the game, then our PVE servers would be empty and stale. As it stands, that is not the case. In regards to your statement about drama, I PLAY for entertainment. I've spent time talking people down from "real life pk". So l'm not interested in drama involving a game. I play games for relaxation.

Your statement about pve players being forced to learn pk so that they can revitalize it is greatly flawed in premise and theory alone. In this instance, we either adapt, or reform. I'm not going to spend my time pvp'ing just because you want to have a special day. I simply won't log in. I have other games that I can play, pvp or pve related. See how I have options? If PWI betrays the pve atmosphere on a pve server, then you're going to force people towards the door.

You also neglect to mention something that's of great importance here.

Gear, and level, as well as rebirth.

Those that are pk'ing will likely be endgame and killing without much regard (due to the rare opportunity for world wide pk.)

Those whose endgame gear is MORAI, because they're on a pvp server will not have a ghost of a chance.

In NW, I will make a confession, I'm a oneshot to most opponents. I'm an average refined, 2nd rebirth cleric with full G16, yet half the time I'm dead before I even know what killed me. How is that going to help the TT70 cleric that just wants to earn their gear if you make the whole server a forced pk day? Mind you, G16 is often called the second best gear in the game, and the best F2p alternative. Yet, with average refines, and full gear, I'm a oneshot. Those on pve servers aren't building their toons for competitive purposes necessarily.

Another factor - This can greatly clash with the times of others. Consider that not everyone plays daily. For those who play 2-3 times a week, imagine the effect it would have if the one pk day fell on one of the days they play. Imagine that they CS some to keep up with others. Imagine how willing they will be to CS after being betrayed like that.

Here's the issue with your statement about players not realizing that other players are part of their environment. ON A PVE SERVER, the environment is different from a PVP server. We, the players REALIZE this, and have chosen this as the playstyle MOST FAVORABLE FOR US!! We have the option to be in PK. We simply chose to do so, or not for our own reasons. In essence, we are choosing our own environment, be that a pvp type environment, or a pve one.

I'm in pk mode...solely for the caravan hidden quest. I realize that at any moment, I could be killed. I don't like being in this mode, and I view many players as possible opponents to try to kill me, as quite a few take time to do so if I'm afk for a while after autopathing. Therefore, its not that I don't understand that the players are a part of the environment, its just that I don't feel like worrying about the R9 archer that's around me, or accidentially running into someone's AOE when I'm doing PVE practices.

Not to mention, I HATE dropping anything on death. Be it gear, fashion, dq items, random loot, apoth. I don't want to drop it if I bought it. I don't want to purchase a guardian's scroll. I don't want to worry about safety lock. I don't like to be in pvp mode.

Pvp is also not the only option for dealing with bots. While a bot on daily spots is pesky, what's peskier is always being in a mode that I DO NOT WANT TO BE IN, while having sins pop stealth on me because I don't feel like buying stealth detection pots.

There is already a tremendous class, and gear imbalance. You can like Pvp all you want. JOIN A PVP SERVER, or actively participate and rally people to engage in the PVP EVENTS that already take place. Don't try to force PVP down PVE players throats.

Let me give you an example. Remember when Secret Passage went PVP a few times? Want to know what happened on DW? A certain sin, whose name I won't say decided that he was going to gank any and all lowbies, or anyone that stepped a foot past SZ. Me, and a barb friend just finished a FC run, and flew over to help. Several other people were there, trying to rid the place of the sin. Low leveled players would run through, not knowing better, and he'd pk them into the ground. High leveled players would be pk'ed. Me and the barb ended up going against him. With me behind SZ, and my heals still working, he couldn't target me, but he could target the barb. Nearly killed my friend, but ultimately that sin died.

Some of us went in that area to prevent his return, 30 seconds later, I get my first pk death. Then it turned into a R9 fight zone, while Level 29-49 players couldn't get their quests done, thus disabling to PVE portion of the game that they found fun. Pvp was forced down players throats then, and the reaction wasn't good. Now, your idea is to implement this everywhere, and for a full day...because...you want drama, and pve content isn't terribly interesting to you? You might want drama, but not everyone does.

I also find it incredibly ironic that the people on pvp servers chose to SZ during the times THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO PVP, and YOU THINK that the Pve players won't SZ...if we even log in...WHEN THEY DIDN'T WANT TO PVP in that manner IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

(Note: If I rambled, forgive me. I was typing this as I fell asleep, and woke up again, so some things may be reiterated....though in the case of the the OP, it may be necessitated, in order to further show the problem with that suggestion.)

Edit: Awwwww. No longer page one. LOL.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    Yes you don't have to answer why you don't like pvp aspects, bu if responding to my thread is to prove something then reasons would be nice^^. Also it was just a suggestion so don't be so critical kk ty^^. I wish people would stop using the fact that not everyone has r999 as an excuse because a lot of people do end up getting that gear and still don't pk.i find it sad that everyone tries to say go to a pvp server for pvp. The fact is that pve servers are not solely pve the game was advertised as a pvp game so everyone expected it. I didn't ask for pk 24/7 did I? PvP servers are 24/7. On WC drama/ funny comments is the life of it. Oki my opinion is just that pve really doesn't make much sense to me because mobs are boring to kill and because I only considered pve as a way to get gear to pvp, but that's just me.

key points:

PK wont get rid of the lag problem. I think it will make it even worse.
    Bot is not the reason of lag on a server. there are other aspects tat cause lag: how good is your PC, place were you live, your internet connection, and many more but not bot.

Lag was in game before this bot thing( if by bot you refer to the auto cultivating) was added to the game with New horizon expansion.

Choosing to play on a pvp server or choosing to go pk mode on a pve server is optional and thats called democracy. Forcing ppl to do something even if its one day per weak, even if its one hour is dictatorship. Ppl like to be free and to chose wat they do or not.

For me pve is fun.

Yes mobs do same things everyday cause this is a MMORPG. A free MMORPG. And this happens on all MMORPG games. It s not RPG game, Its not God of War, Final Fantasy, Dante's Inferno or Diablo

here's The Issue. People, Like Myself Who Chose To Go To A Pve Server Did So Because We Don't Want To Be Forced Into A State Of Constant Pvp. I Don't Care If Its One Day A Week, If Its Forced Pvp, I Don't Want To Be Involved In It.

Those Of Us On Pve Servers Have Options To Pvp. These Are Nw, Tw, Madness In Morai, Theater Of Blood. It Is No Secret That I Myself Am Happily Pve. I Join Nw Because I Want To, And Its Fun For Me. (notice That I Said That "i Join, Of My Own Free Will."

If Pve Truly Brought No Life To The Game, Then Our Pve Servers Would Be Empty And Stale. As It Stands, That Is Not The Case. In Regards To Your Statement About Drama, I Play For Entertainment. I've Spent Time Talking People Down From "real Life Pk". So L'm Not Interested In Drama Involving A Game. I Play Games For Relaxation.

Your Statement About Pve Players Being Forced To Learn Pk So That They Can Revitalize It Is Greatly Flawed In Premise And Theory Alone. In This Instance, We Either Adapt, Or Reform. I'm Not Going To Spend My Time Pvp'ing Just Because You Want To Have A Special Day. I Simply Won't Log In. I Have Other Games That I Can Play, Pvp Or Pve Related. See How I Have Options? If Pwi Betrays The Pve Atmosphere On A Pve Server, Then You're Going To Force People Towards The Door.

You Also Neglect To Mention Something That's Of Great Importance Here.

Gear, And Level, As Well As Rebirth.

Those That Are Pk'ing Will Likely Be Endgame And Killing Without Much Regard (due To The Rare Opportunity For World Wide Pk.)

Those Whose Endgame Gear Is Morai, Because They're On A Pvp Server Will Not Have A Ghost Of A Chance.

In Nw, I Will Make A Confession, I'm A Oneshot To Most Opponents. I'm An Average Refined, 2nd Rebirth Cleric With Full G16, Yet Half The Time I'm Dead Before I Even Know What Killed Me. How Is That Going To Help The Tt70 Cleric That Just Wants To Earn Their Gear If You Make The Whole Server A Forced Pk Day? Mind You, G16 Is Often Called The Second Best Gear In The Game, And The Best F2p Alternative. Yet, With Average Refines, And Full Gear, I'm A Oneshot. Those On Pve Servers Aren't Building Their Toons For Competitive Purposes Necessarily.

Another Factor - This Can Greatly Clash With The Times Of Others. Consider That Not Everyone Plays Daily. For Those Who Play 2-3 Times A Week, Imagine The Effect It Would Have If The One Pk Day Fell On One Of The Days They Play. Imagine That They Cs Some To Keep Up With Others. Imagine How Willing They Will Be To Cs After Being Betrayed Like That.

Here's The Issue With Your Statement About Players Not Realizing That Other Players Are Part Of Their Environment. On A Pve Server, The Environment Is Different From A Pvp Server. We, The Players Realize This, And Have Chosen This As The Playstyle Most Favorable For Us!! We Have The Option To Be In Pk. We Simply Chose To Do So, Or Not For Our Own Reasons. In Essence, We Are Choosing Our Own Environment, Be That A Pvp Type Environment, Or A Pve One.

I'm In Pk Mode...solely For The Caravan Hidden Quest. I Realize That At Any Moment, I Could Be Killed. I Don't Like Being In This Mode, And I View Many Players As Possible Opponents To Try To Kill Me, As Quite A Few Take Time To Do So If I'm Afk For A While After Autopathing. Therefore, Its Not That I Don't Understand That The Players Are A Part Of The Environment, Its Just That I Don't Feel Like Worrying About The R9 Archer That's Around Me, Or Accidentially Running Into Someone's Aoe When I'm Doing Pve Practices.

Not To Mention, I Hate Dropping Anything On Death. Be It Gear, Fashion, Dq Items, Random Loot, Apoth. I Don't Want To Drop It If I Bought It. I Don't Want To Purchase A Guardian's Scroll. I Don't Want To Worry About Safety Lock. I Don't Like To Be In Pvp Mode.

Pvp Is Also Not The Only Option For Dealing With Bots. While A Bot On Daily Spots Is Pesky, What's Peskier Is Always Being In A Mode That I Do Not Want To Be In, While Having Sins Pop Stealth On Me Because I Don't Feel Like Buying Stealth Detection Pots.

There Is Already A Tremendous Class, And Gear Imbalance. You Can Like Pvp All You Want. Join A Pvp Server, Or Actively Participate And Rally People To Engage In The Pvp Events That Already Take Place. Don't Try To Force Pvp Down Pve Players Throats.

Let Me Give You An Example. Remember When Secret Passage Went Pvp A Few Times? Want To Know What Happened On Dw? A Certain Sin, Whose Name I Won't Say Decided That He Was Going To Gank Any And All Lowbies, Or Anyone That Stepped A Foot Past Sz. Me, And A Barb Friend Just Finished A Fc Run, And Flew Over To Help. Several Other People Were There, Trying To Rid The Place Of The Sin. Low Leveled Players Would Run Through, Not Knowing Better, And He'd Pk Them Into The Ground. High Leveled Players Would Be Pk'ed. Me And The Barb Ended Up Going Against Him. With Me Behind Sz, And My Heals Still Working, He Couldn't Target Me, But He Could Target The Barb. Nearly Killed My Friend, But Ultimately That Sin Died.

Some Of Us Went In That Area To Prevent His Return, 30 Seconds Later, I Get My First Pk Death. Then It Turned Into A R9 Fight Zone, While Level 29-49 Players Couldn't Get Their Quests Done, Thus Disabling To Pve Portion Of The Game That They Found Fun. Pvp Was Forced Down Players Throats Then, And The Reaction Wasn't Good. Now, Your Idea Is To Implement This Everywhere, And For A Full Day...because...you Want Drama, And Pve Content Isn't Terribly Interesting To You? You Might Want Drama, But Not Everyone Does.

I Also Find It Incredibly Ironic That The People On Pvp Servers Chose To Sz During The Times That They Don't Want To Pvp, And you Think That The Pve Players Won't Sz...if We Even Log In...when They Didn't Want To Pvp In That Manner In The First Place!!

(note: If I Rambled, Forgive Me. I Was Typing This As I Fell Asleep, And Woke Up Again, So Some Things May Be Reiterated....though In The Case Of The The Op, It May Be Necessitated, In Order To Further Show The Problem With That Suggestion.)

Edit: Awwwww. No Longer Page One. Lol.

]I Agree With Everything You Said.[/color
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014

key points:

PVE is a way to get gear to DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT. Not to mention, getting gear includes getting endgame morai gear...which IS NOT used for PVP.

Challenge yourself on something different then, or play a different game that's more PVP related that day.

It's not fun to be LOLWTFPWND when you're trying to gear up either. People find different aspects of the game to be fun. You made the decision to be on a pve server however, so don't feel bad when there is a greater amount of PVE content.

PVE servers aren't 24/7 PVE either. You DO HAVE the option to pk, by...turning pk mode on, joining NW, joining TW, joining Madness in Morai, joining Theater of Blood, so your argument loses it's validity there.

So the level 55 veno should be forced into PVP because the level 100+ endgame veno wants to PK? The level 101 Morai geared person should also be forced into PVP because this is suddenly PVP day!! The counterargument is that its whomever's choice to quit because there is NOT forced pk 1 day per week, rather there are pvp events that players can participate in, which combined equal close to the daily requirement, so join all of those PVP events. Another factor is that some people ONLY PLAY ONE DAY. Why should their one day be Forced PK day?

No. It wasn't. I analyze a game thoroughly before I download it. IT CLEARLY STATES THAT THERE ARE PVE servers. You know what to expect when you join a PVE server, just like you know what to expect when you join a PVP server. It advertises that the pvp it does have is great...not that there are times that you HAVE to be in Pvp.

Players are a part of it, but not in the way that you're thinking. Just because I see a player doesn't mean that I want to meet them in combat.

That's not how this works. I'll admit that pk discourages botters, but its not the viable option to eliminate the issue on pve servers. Enable forced pvp to eliminate botters. You also eliminate players that joined a pve server because they DON'T wish to pk.

My comments are in blue.

Oh, and you mentioned Forced PK on R9rr players. Do you know how much money the company would lose? Besides, what about those who chose not to wear FULL R9rr, or don't yet have Full R9rr? The company wants to encourage players to get this endgame gear, then refine it to endgame level, then shard it with endgame pieces. They don't want for there to be a reason NOT to get this, so your idea is flawed. Just because a person has a certain gear type doesn't mean that they have to PVP with it. It's their gear. They worked for it, and paid for it. Thus, they can do what they want with it. I know plenty of R9rr players that don't want to PVP, and that is their decision not to.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
    edited June 2014

key points:

That's actually a opinion, not a fact, some people do enjoy PVE as PWI add new PVE content and update some instances to be more challenging.

Mobs/boss yes, players no, you could run a FPS with a squad in 15 minutes easy and fast and got a squad that take 45 minutes to do it, with some squads it's fun, with other it can be boring, runs are different from a squad to an other even if the mobs/boss are the same.

I don't think PVE was made to watch anyway.

PVP servers are pretty much dead and there's a reason for that.

People did chose to play on PVE server 24/7, you can't change something like that just cause one person that voluntary chose a PVE server want more PVP.

It's your choice to quit for having chose a PVE server while you wanted PVP.

Wow, you see PWI actually advertising the game? If it's the PVP side that was appealing you then you should have chose a PVP server.

As you said you don't ask 24/7, but one day, one day wouldn't fix any bots/lag issues.

You said you did chose a PVE server to be able to quest get your Morai skills, Primal skills etc...

Think 2 seconds about that, the way you speak if you was on a PVP server you wouldn't have your skills, that's funny, I don't know a single person on HL that cannot get their skills cause they cannot do dailies cause of PVP.

Do that happen that some people PK random people that are questing? Yes it happen, but you don't get PK 100 times everyday doing dailies, there's more times that I do dailies without PK incident than with. People just need to use their brains. Not cause PVP is allowed 24/7 that you get PK 24/7 on PVP servers.

Also there's PVP events, people just don't bother to do them.

An other option for people like would be to play on 2 servers, a lot of people play on 2 servers, make a char on LC or HL for when you have PVP rage. (GL finding some, HL and LC are desert)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited June 2014
    You said you did chose a PVE server to be able to quest get your Morai skills, Primal skills etc...

Think 2 seconds about that, the way you speak if you was on a PVP server you wouldn't have your skills, that's funny, I don't know a single person on HL that cannot get their skills cause they cannot do dailies cause of PVP.

That was totally my point in one of my posts above. This just proves that OP suggests this while having no experience at all with PVP servers.
    But what I find really "funny" is that while assuming this wrong statement he/she asks for PVE servers to be in PVP mode one day a week which is not logical at all (maybe he/she doesn't care for dailies anymore like some people who enjoy PVE servers when they are lowbies and suddenly want their server to become a PVP one once they are 105-105-105 with endgame gears b:chuckle)

And thanks for confirming that PVP servers are currently not more lively than PVE ones.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~