Fix the 4 million coin gold cap

Options
2»

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The only ppl that really buy gold ingame are farmers and botters guys. Dont forget this. Noone that does charge zen buys gold ingame and ofc why should they?

And hell no, there is no demand on Gold above 4m coins each. Who would pay that? I am a farmer myself and I have farmed over 200m coins a day in x2 (I even made screenshots to proove my drops with timestamps and stuff, although It doesnt work everyday, its luck dependend) and still I hesitate to buy gold for even 3m.

Surely I farm the sht outta this game but I always did. back in the day I had my 15 Gold avarage on the average TT run (with gold at 1m). Now I have like 5 Golds each run...that would shrink even more because the gold mat prices are capped due to mysterious merchant.

This means that compared to 2 years ago I need to spend 3 times the time to achieve the same things I did back in the day.

To be serious now. For 10m each gold you would have to run (withoutx2) ~3 TT 3-3s or set up a 3 Bot combo for a whole day to buy !!!!1!!!! friggin gold? No stupid **** Farmer on any server would be that dumb to buy on those terms. No one.

But that wont happen. If the cap would be at 2,5m gold would still sell. Why? Because you need coins to buy C-Packs. You need coins to buy stuff/mats quickly from other players without the need to farm it yourself. Heck it would even sell when gold would be capped at 2m each. The CSers need the money and hell they would have to charge even more with lower Gold prices.

It's really only greed, its nothing more then that and well ya a bunch of heavy dumbass farmers that are just too desperate to get their stuff. TBH only the farmers are responsible for the high prices...because they might think they earn enough money anyways and dont care if it costs a few hundred millions more or less =P I thought the same way for a long time...now I would kill myself If I would still think like that.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The only ppl that really buy gold ingame are farmers and botters guys.

Stopped reading here.

Merchants are the biggest buyers of gold.

They resell sale items off sale/there and then for a profit. As long as there is gold available they can profit from it. Makes no difference what the gold price is. Just means they charge a higher price.

People will accept this higher price as the only alternative is to pay more and buy gold to buy the same item off sale or wait till next sale.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Stopped reading here.

They resell sale items off sale/there and then for a profit. As long as there is gold available they can profit from it. Makes no difference what the gold price is. Just means they charge a higher price.

People will accept this higher price as the only alternative is to pay more and buy gold to buy the same item off sale or wait till next sale.

Indirectly however Joe is right. (on that single line)

The merchants buy the gold to resell later, but eventually, the boutique items go to the non-CSers. They are the ones who create the demand.

So it goes like this:

1) Lots of poor newbie souls get coins from their BHs.
    2) They use these coins to buy TT gold mats from Joe to make their G16.
    3) Joe spends these coins on buying gold for boutique items.
    4) All the coins spent by Joe and others like him make the gold price goes up.

optional step 2.5) Joe buys the boutique items from me when they are not on sale so i make a profit and he pays more for his items :)

Solution: the newbies should stop buying TT gold from Joe and instead buy them from the mysterious merchant.

Conclusion: Its Joe's fault b:laugh*

*Yes thats a joke, dont start explaining why its not
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Stopped reading here.

You just stated the reason why merchants are a nonfactor in this topic. their intrests are to buy gold at the possible lowest prices adn then resell the gold/Items from it.

They scale their stuff as prices rise and fall so they dont matter at all.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    [QUOTE=WannaBM - Archosaur;21553501

The farming indeed goes down effectively. Even though an illusion stone does 12m now vs 10m a year ago. Yes, that 12m is less gold. But even with a stable gold price, i think it would be similar. Probably if gold hadnt risen during this year, the illusion stone would be worth 8m now simply because so many more people are able to farm it. And they do it faster also with all the OP rebirth toons.[/QUOTE]

What about new players? What about those who dont have the proper gear to farmTT? Wat about those that arent R9?
    giphy.gif

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What about new players? What about those who dont have the proper gear to farmTT? Wat about those that arent R9?

Well, 3-5 years ago, those players were the majority. They would pay fortunes to the few players who could farm TT.

Nowadays they are a minority while lots of players can farm TT.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.