How to block someone that's bugging you?

mstoxicity
mstoxicity Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
I hope this is in the right spot. I tried using the search function but I didn't find anything remotely helpful. I typed in "How to block a user" with no relevant hits.

Anyway...

If you block someone in game, is their entire account blocked? I have an issue with a particular user and I can't stand it anymore. He has so many different toons (usernames?) so I don't know if blocking him will do any good if he can just use another one to contact me. He's not necessarily harassing me in the legal sense, nor doing anything against the rules or ToS (I don't think) but he's getting on my everlasting nerve....

He spams me with whispers ALL THE TIME and he constantly fills the faction chat with his suicidal thoughts. He is always hanging around me, and always bugging me when I'm trying to spend time with my boyfriend (who plays too). He's always talking about how he wants my boyfriend to **** things up with me so he can step in.. It's obnoxious.

I've tried being nice, I've tried just ignoring him, but it's not enough. He knows he should take a hint, he just doesn't care.

TL;DR: Someone is bugging the **** out of me. How do I block him for good even if he makes another toon!?

I've put a lot of money, time, and effort into this game... He's making it so I no longer enjoy playing. :/

Hopefully you guys know what I can do!

Thanks in advance!
1. I have a bad habit of using "xD", "xP", "omg", "lol" and "...".
2. I also have a terrible habit of using shorthand (or "text talk") for a lot of other things. (ex. I'll say "idk" instead of "I don't know".)
Post edited by mstoxicity on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, Right click name > Block.
    And if he makes another toon block that one too, it's the only way- it may be annoying to continuously block him if he keeps making new toons but it's better than nothing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    If they're constantly using alts to get around your blacklist, you can always submit a ticket for harassment and include evidence such as screenshots showing their actions.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can also try to submit a ticket to the support. Harassment is not allowed and they usually deal with that quite seriously.

Edit : It seems I wasn't fast enough.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Edit : It seems I wasn't fast enough.

At least it wasn't Venus ninjaing us both.
    (Insert fancy image here)