Cloud Robe Glitch

Options
Flash_man - Lost City
Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Quality Corner
I seem to come across when a barb wears the new fashion, Cloud Robe, the back of the fashion glitches out and doesn't show. Leaving just the back of the barb's body showing with no clothes on but the front half shows perfectly fine. Not sure if this happens to other classes or other fashion, but I've only tried on barb so far.

Here's some screen shots of the fashion glitch

http://i.imgur.com/so5Jnhx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AYb7myp.jpg
Post edited by Flash_man - Lost City on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I always knew barbs were secretly nudists.... b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Did you take the screenshot with the snipping tool? If you hit f9 or prntscrn you should be able to take screenshots in-game with the in-game tool and then view them in your screenshot folder.

Anyway....that is some glitch. o.o There really needs to be a disclaimer on that until it's fixed hopefully.

Also this makes me realize that barbs really ought have a tail. That's so awkward.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I always knew barbs were secretly nudists.... b:laugh

So they are part of Nudist Beach!
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Did you take the screenshot with the snipping tool? If you hit f9 or prntscrn you should be able to take screenshots in-game with the in-game tool and then view them in your screenshot folder.

Anyway....that is some glitch. o.o There really needs to be a disclaimer on that until it's fixed hopefully.

Also this makes me realize that barbs really ought have a tail. That's so awkward.

Was my friend that took the screen shots off her phone because it doesn't show this glitch or what ever on my screen but on everybody else's screen it does.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Flash Man is flashing everyone his patootie, who would have guessed? XD
    This post genuinely made me giggle, thanks! haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Glycerin - Dreamweaver
    Glycerin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This issue is caused by overlaying graphics when zoomed out on another player's screen. It never shows on your own. It's a sort of 'walk behind waterfall' graphical issue sometimes caused by semi-transparent overlayers or just distance on a zoom.. and it's been around a LOOOOOONG time. The issue isn't the fashion itself but how the game displays some fashion when zoomed out on other screens.

In this case, the Cloud Robe has a semi-transparent sheer mesh overlay with hanging jewels. The second screenshot you provided fully shows this issue as a graphical overlay issue.

Easy test.

1. Open a second client
    2. Zoom out quite a bit on the second client and have your other character in the fashion in view
    3. Watch as overlaying graphics remove underlaying graphics as you zoom in and out

Off but related:

Other fashion sets/wearable items that suffer from disappearing parts due to overlays (distance or waterfalls) include:

Classic Dance Gown dress portion (distance related)
    Parakeet pant part overlayed by sleeves (distance related)
    Courtesan Dress 'below the belt' frontal area (really noticed on female seekers) (distance related)
    Writing on the back of the male Sovereign top on occasion (distance related)

Long coat portion of the 'End of an Era' male fashion coat (waterfall related overlay)
    'Dragon Rise Robe' Lunar Nirvana arcane robe top (waterfall related overlay)