Remove Once a day limit per account PV access

XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
As title say, i would really like to suggest the devs to rework the access to PV...

Keep the 15 min a day limit, but remove the once per account...

I spend more time (and for more time i mean hours) looking for openers than to do the PV run itself, and thats so frustrating that i kind of left my leveling up behind...

Solution to this would be also to make 12+ lvl 100 alts, but still wont be efficient cause you will lose lot of time with the resquad\open part, also it breaks ToS having that many accounts open...

Remove the once per account daily limit please b:surrender
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or alternatively, block the quest after it's taken once per day so people can't "buy" PV runs off of others - same deal with Frostcovered. My vote's for just removing all entry restrictions on that instance and be done with it so people that want to grind XP can do so whenever they wish. All they long if they so please.

... and once folk are 105*3 (*4 soonish if rumors are to be believed) with all the gear and trimmings they wish, we'll end up with bored folk crying for duals at west again, like the times pre-Horizons.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Pretty similar to this suggestion from a while back. You still consider the 15min timer, but comes to pretty much the same.

I prefer it the way it is now. I don't have alts that can open me pv, but those who have simply have a fair advantage over me. Lvl is 1 of the advantages that goes to those having to much free time and are willing to put in the trouble of lvling several 100+. I consider it a normal advantage. I see no need to put me on equal grounds with them.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep already a thread about that with a lot of different opinions.
    This is not as if this was difficult to up some alts and you don't have to keep all the clients opened (12 runs is not "needed" anyway so you have time to switch)

I can understand that you spend time to find openers, but for example I spent time to level alts because I don't like to bother people and don't want to ask for openers. And in the same time some people can't even solo it and they could consider it unfair as well.

I'm not opposed to the suggestion though but it's really not a big deal and shouldn't be a priority for the devs...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is not as if this was difficult to up some alts and you don't have to keep all the clients opened (12 runs is not "needed" anyway so you have time to switch)

I can understand that you spend time to find openers, but for example I spent time to level alts because I don't like to bother people and don't want to ask for openers. And in the same time some people can't even solo it and they could consider it unfair as well.

I'm not opposed to the suggestion though but it's really not a big deal and shouldn't be a priority for the devs...

I do agree.

The way I think is slightly different: With unlimited PV maybe people would run more 2~4 people PV squads (for those who can't solo) and now all 6 A or S cards everyone gets pretty strong against these old PvE, I'm not sure if this would allow for example a full nirvy g15 to solo it with ease. But these cards really give a huge gap in comparison with old-pve stuff.

I vote for: Leave it as it is. Because, if we're up to making a way easier form of 105 then let's make something better, like, for example allow RB people to keep 4x exps after reawaken. That would be much better/fair for all. Would furthermore incentive people to do all of their daily/faction base quests. (I Skip each and every daily tbh)
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014

the instance is supposed to be done for 15 mins a day, 30 if you have the shroud token...

why who doesnt have openers have to spend 60+ minutes looking for 10+ openers?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited May 2014
    Troll alignment.
    If we're to have 4 reawakenings I vote for: Remove all PV restrictions, make unlimited times a day.

Or else the game will become a boring piece of ****.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Troll alignment.
    If we're to have 4 reawakenings I vote for: Remove all PV restrictions, make unlimited times a day.

Or else the game will become a boring piece of ****.

We're not having a 3rd/4th rb. I don't know why people keep making this assumption.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, keep the 15 minute token but remove the reason to find 10 different crappy alts to open it. The game should be playable without 10 alts. This can be done by having the mobs inside already spawned when you enter.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    the instance is supposed to be done for 15 mins a day, 30 if you have the shroud token...

why who doesnt have openers have to spend 60+ minutes looking for 10+ openers?

Because it has been designed to be opened once a day by each toon b:chuckle

Don't get me wrong, i don't totally disagree and it would be useful for me as well (even if xp is already fast enough) but in this case why don't change the rules for TT or GV as well to be able to solo without any opener ?

If they just allow people to do all the runs they can 30 minutes a day then after oneonth you're 105-105-105. I just find it weird to complain because it will take 4 or 6 months more (and then see a lot of people complaining because it was too fast like people who complained because they were 105 and bored)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Leveling 10 openers to 100 doesn't help very much. You can log each alt ahead of time to start the instances but the time spent relogging in between runs eats up too much time from your token. My guess is it wouldn't make much difference if you had 10 different accounts because PWI is so resource hungryyyou'd never get 10 clients running at once without bogging your PC down.

I've got 9 toons I can open with but I can only manage 7-8 runsif iI am opening for myself. If I get other people to open it isn't hard to get 10 runs in. If they just added a reset button to teleport you to the beginning and respawn all mobs, endgame players could probably do 14+. Considering the amount of experience required to max your level Ithink it would be better if they made a new version of PV worth more XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolfcouncil1
    wolfcouncil1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I honestly like PV. I would run it multiple times if i could. But having one of my alts open a 2nd PV run does not seem to work for me. And that 15 minute token is kinda worthless anyways... Or maybe im just using it wrong. I can stay in the same pv on auto cultivation for an hour while on 12x xp and make a few levels.... hyper stones are cheap enough. PV is great for a xp solo area... but sucks for repairs and replenishing coins to buy more hypers.

If we could do unlimited PV's people would simply complain that they dont have enough coins for repairs and other such things. Besides. People shouldnt spend hours on end on the game. Its not healthy for you. Though it is fun. Even leaving on auto cultivation is unhealthy... for your charms atleast b:chuckle.

Anyways. As for people saying theres an unfair advantage... Its a game... people will have better gear than other people. Theres no real advantage other than the time... or money some spend on the game.
    Angels East. Angels West. North and South do your best. To guard her and watch her while she rests.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Because it has been designed to be opened once a day by each toon b:chuckle

Don't get me wrong, i don't totally disagree and it would be useful for me as well (even if xp is already fast enough) but in this case why don't change the rules for TT or GV as well to be able to solo without any opener ?

If they just allow people to do all the runs they can 30 minutes a day then after oneonth you're 105-105-105. I just find it weird to complain because it will take 4 or 6 months more (and then see a lot of people complaining because it was too fast like people who complained because they were 105 and bored)

the game already requires a lot of time for other instances such the instances to gear up or get your skills... the game already requires a lot of time to grind or to farm coins...

not everyone can spend the whole day in game, and even less players can even afford 1-2 hours a day to play the game...

the gap between lvl 0 and endgame spread a lot in the last months,

having to spend 1 hour just to find openers for 1 single 15min instance in order to get just your leveling up done, is nonsense
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited May 2014
    the game already requires a lot of time for other instances such the instances to gear up or get your skills... the game already requires a lot of time to grind or to farm coins...

not everyone can spend the whole day in game, and even less players can even afford 1-2 hours a day to play the game...

having to spend 1 hour just to find openers for 1 single 15min instance in order to get just your leveling up done, is nonsense

There are some main groups of fair players:
    1. Those who can spend all day long playing. Usually farm their stuff or cash little amounts.
    2. Those who can only play 1~2 hours a day and Spends 80% of their mid-low salary in the game. (Thus looking rich in-game, they say "I prefer to spend in game than spending in a night" and some stuff like that) These are usually R9 +10 with at most +12 weapon and HP/Def gems or vit shards.
    3. Those who are definite rich and spend a whole ****ing lot, some spend whole day online others just 1~4 hours, its variable.
    4. Young people with rich (and dumb) parents who cash a lot and spend's whole day online.

For most part, who can only play 1~4 hours a day can just go and solo 10 fcs, 10 activations in a day that would be a fair high amount of exps indeed. Not as high as multi-solo PV runs, but PV was meant to be done in a squad of 6 to start with, the 15 minutes token was meant to be a "Oh you died? We give you 15 min to tele back". As things go, every PvE aspect is getting underpowered (even for undergeared people), war avatars and 2nd awakening sure give a whole lot of advantage to everyone. It may be very difficult but any F2P farming user with 1st rebirth can attain a Six Sovereigns war avatar set.

Now, I believe PV could be unlimited runs in a day, this would make reawakening a lot easier and way to 105 much easier too. Many people would complain about 'Oh im 105 and bored" but really, till you get absolute FULL war avatar sets with max level and double reawakening it takes a lot of time, effort and $$$ (which if farmed in-game takes much more effort and time)
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014

I agree with that. Still my main is very close to be 105-105-103 by only doing 3-4 vp a day (and I play less than 3 hours a day...). I don't see any reason to complain not being able to do 10 or 14 vp a day or not eing able to be 105-105-105 in one or two months.
    Back in PW-MY you needed to grind mobs for one year or so (and doing fb with tabs) to up from 101 to 102 so I don't really understand this lack of patience honestly.

I don't care if they allow us to do 10+ vp a day and I might run them as well if I don't need openers, but then once people will be 105-105-105 with all nuemas/skills/gear they gonna complain because there is no new content. I totally don't understand this logic.

And you're talking about the gap between level 0 and endgame players but want to increase this gap even more (because who can run 10+ vp a day except well geared players ?)
    Last but not least, I know you're upset because of sins and barbs recently but which class will benefit the most of this suggestion according to you ?
    //
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know you're upset because of sins and barbs recently but which class will benefit the most of this suggestion according to you

well this right, mostly them benefit i think would add seeker+bm too, better than casters alot (not only coz of bp but also aoe+pdefs etc)
    Back in PW-MY you needed to grind mobs for one year or so (and doing fb with tabs) to up from 101 to 102 so I don't really understand this lack of patience honestly.

that time was nice, i played after pw my on pw ms, was 2 year till both my wizz and archer was 100 (that 2main) but now game alot changed, no zhen party, no that much gv (i since hyper useless there no?) so basically in pw my casters was usefull and now they got big disadvantage in leveling until they get end game gear....

whole game changed since pw my :/ (i like that balance and style better than new one)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    I agree with that. Still my main is very close to be 105-105-103 by only doing 3-4 vp a day (and I play less than 3 hours a day...). I don't see any reason to complain not being able to do 10 or 14 vp a day or not eing able to be 105-105-105 in one or two months.

I don't care if they allow us to do 10+ vp a day and I might run them as well if I don't need openers, but then once people will be 105-105-105 with all nuemas/skills/gear they gonna complain because there is no new content. I totally don't understand this logic.

And you're talking about the gap between level 0 and endgame players but want to increase this gap even more (because who can run 10+ vp a day except well geared players ?)
    Last but not least, I know you're upset because of sins and barbs recently but which class will benefit the most of this suggestion according to you ?
    //

no, the contrary... making the leveling up not that frustrating for the start-up players will allow them to reach the endgame way faster...

the gap now from 0 0 0 to 105 105 105 is already immense

guess how it will be when you ll have to 0 0 0 0 0 to 105 105 105 105

insane man...

this is no new content, this is allowing start up players a fast access to the latest content (that is slow enough already)

but having to find 10+ openers to run one instance... this is just nonsense...
    make it 4-5 daily access then, limit it somehow

but just once, when the instance can be completed before the minute mark, its again nonsense
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Leveling 10 openers to 100 doesn't help very much. You can log each alt ahead of time to start the instances but the time spent relogging in between runs eats up too much time from your token. My guess is it wouldn't make much difference if you had 10 different accounts because PWI is so resource hungryyyou'd never get 10 clients running at once without bogging your PC down.

I've got 9 toons I can open with but I can only manage 7-8 runsif iI am opening for myself. If I get other people to open it isn't hard to get 10 runs in. If they just added a reset button to teleport you to the beginning and respawn all mobs, endgame players could probably do 14+. Considering the amount of experience required to max your level Ithink it would be better if they made a new version of PV worth more XP.

The time for opening isnt that bad. You can dual client. One client doing the run, the other doing the char swapping. You only need to tab away for 0.5 second at a time to click log in etc on the other client so it is possible to do this while you are running. (do this in the first part when it is not yet lethal to be stunned while you are tabbed out or do it during the time you have anti-stun active)
    I can comfortably do 6 runs in 1 token like this. 7 if im lucky.
    With someone else opening its just 1 run more.
    but just once, when the instance can be completed before the minute mark,
    pretty sure when people are talking about 10 or 14, they talk about 30 minutes. I see no way to do a run faster than about 1:50. The mobs from the start of the instance simply dont move any faster to reach the end, even if your purify weapon allows you to be there in 1 minute.

Limiting the amount of times you can do it is a terrible idea, even if they would for example double the exp to compensate. Trying to get the maximum out of a token (the elusive 8 runs) is what keeps it a tiny bit interesting.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    The time for opening isnt that bad. You can dual client. One client doing the run, the other doing the char swapping. You only need to tab away for 0.5 second at a time to click log in etc on the other client so it is possible to do this while you are running. (do this in the first part when it is not yet lethal to be stunned while you are tabbed out or do it during the time you have anti-stun active)
    I can comfortably do 6 runs in 1 token like this. 7 if im lucky.
    With someone else opening its just 1 run more.

pretty sure when people are talking about 10 or 14, they talk about 30 minutes. I see no way to do a run faster than about 1:50. The mobs from the start of the instance simply dont move any faster to reach the end, even if your purify weapon allows you to be there in 1 minute.

Limiting the amount of times you can do it is a terrible idea, even if they would for example double the exp to compensate. Trying to get the maximum out of a token (the elusive 8 runs) is what keeps it a tiny bit interesting.

i do it under the minute mark leaving few mob behind, tho i use more than a minute in resquads...

my best was 8 runs per token
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    personally I would be quite happy if the shroud token would not only allow one to reenter but also reset the area as well for a new run. I would be quite content with being able to do 2 runs on my own without having to buy or find openers for multiple runs.

for me that's about a 10mil xp run between my main opening and the shroud token. 70 mil per week; 300m per month. that's not too bad off of just 2 runs a day.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i do it under the minute mark leaving few mob behind, tho i use more than a minute in resquads...

my best was 8 runs per token

So what do you do to make the mobs run faster ?

Please make vid.

easy, small and free vidcapture software
    easy, small and free vid cutting and conversion software

PS: how much fun would it be to have a 1 day event of unlimited PV access and activations on some special day ? b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    So what do you do to make the mobs run faster ?

Please make vid.

easy, small and free vidcapture software
    easy, small and free vid cutting and conversion software

PS: how much fun would it be to have a 1 day event of unlimited PV access and activations on some special day ? b:laugh

run faster? O.o i pull first 2 rooms aoe one shot mobs
    i pull second 2 rooms aoe one shot mobs

reset
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I was talking about 10 runs on 1 token. It is true that the mobs don't run very fast but it is possible to do a full pull in about 1:20. However I find it is easier just to use glacial embrace, pull half and aoe (1 shot with blade tempest or BIDS) then pull the other half and set dragon's breath on the boss + expel. Killing them instead of waiting for them to catch up saves probably 15 seconds or so and glacial embrace + Master Li gives enough chi that I don't run out in consecutive runs. I get over 6 million xp per run which equates to killing about 95% of the mobs.
    run faster? O.o i pull first 2 rooms aoe one shot mobs
    i pull second 2 rooms aoe one shot mobs

reset

ninja'd D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Ive already thought about this before and for the same reasons im not going to log this.

Not everyone has a lot of time to spend playing a game. Giving open access to PV would cause a greater Lv gap in the people that have the time to do so than people that don't. You can argue the case with FF but its useless with out hypers after a point in Lv. The other point is its in the storyline you can only access it once a day and so stands lol.

Thanks,