Options
2»

Comments

• Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    No Lost City yet? :(

No Heaven's Tear yet either (as usual..!), but for future records, here goes! Leaving commentaries for someone more involved.

22 - Karma
    13 - GoldDigrz
    10 - Voltage
    4 - Pinoy
    1 - Drákōn
    1 - HaxSquad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    No Lost City yet? :(

I logged into my alt who is on LC, and here's the map as I can see it:

ChinaTown - 25
    Insurrect - 8
    Vengeful - 8
    Knights - 6
    Stalkers - 3
    Rezonance - 1

My apologizes for missing insurrect/giving their 8 lands to stalkers... their colors were damn near identical to me... stalkers are proz yo. :P
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You should check our map again. You messed it up. b:angry
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You should check our map again. You messed it up. b:angry

Oi i did? Sorry. *Goes to check again*

EDIT: Rofl, those colors. :$ SNEAKY

EDIT 2: Offers cookies as a peace offering towards Insurrect. *hides*

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Much better.

Just to shed some light on the situation. Chinatown, Vengeful, and Knights were allied this season. Insurrect was allied with Zodian who are no longer on the map. Couple weeks ago a large chunk of Insurrect left and formed/returned to Stalkers.

I'd make a long, detailed and entertaining story post about the season, but I'm just too brain dead atm.
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    Aritorsha - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'm not in efinace (or any faction at the moment) so I can't say for certain what is going on, but just from watching how they attack and the TW season I think I've figured out their strategy; they either attack the strongest faction or the faction with the most land. Darkness had more land than Nem, so they went for them. I'm also thinking that Cursed is a bit of a chess player, he's not just thinking about this weeks TW, but two or three TWs in advance. They position themselves on the map in a way that gives them the best advantage in future TWs, and it's really smart. Many factions end up failing at TW not because of their lack of players/gear but because of poor planning; they don't think ahead.

Not sure I can agree with the "attacking the faction with more lands" comment. If this were true why didn't Efiance bid on BD or Rogue? They both had more lands than Darkness at that given time. As a marshal in Darkness_, it didn't make much sense to any of us for Efiance to bid on us for a 10-15 minute faceroll as Jarkhen had stated when they were getting 1+ hour TWs with Nemesis already. Nemesis posed more of a threat to them than us at that time. I'm sure Cursed had his reasons for bidding us and I'm rather curious to see what those reasons were.. whether it be from a political or strategical stand-point. Either way, I'm glad the season is finally over and I'm excited to see how things are gonna play out.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Much better.

Just to shed some light on the situation. Chinatown, Vengeful, and Knights were allied this season. Insurrect was allied with Zodian who are no longer on the map. Couple weeks ago a large chunk of Insurrect left and formed/returned to Stalkers.

I'd make a long, detailed and entertaining story post about the season, but I'm just too brain dead atm.

Thank you for pointing it out, sorry again. :$

---

Seems like dreamweaver had the most balance of power... that's pretty cool to know.

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Not sure I can agree with the "attacking the faction with more lands" comment. If this were true why didn't Efiance bid on BD or Rogue? They both had more lands than Darkness at that given time. As a marshal in Darkness_, it didn't make much sense to any of us for Efiance to bid on us for a 10-15 minute faceroll as Jarkhen had stated when they were getting 1+ hour TWs with Nemesis already. Nemesis posed more of a threat to them than us at that time. I'm sure Cursed had his reasons for bidding us and I'm rather curious to see what those reasons were.. whether it be from a political or strategical stand-point. Either way, I'm glad the season is finally over and I'm excited to see how things are gonna play out.

I did get along with D well enough for while I was in there bit giving them some strategic goal on bidding really isn't so. You out of all ppl should know just how frustrated the lack of organization made me there during TWs. Proski is in part right bout chill butbits imo to the point where lack of rules causes more negative things than positive.

People who been saying D is unbeatable know nothing. Nemesis held D for hour in 50 vs 80 TW while trying to win. Throw 20 more ppl to nem who are competitive geared and I don't know which side will win. GL all for next season.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    we instead choose to defend Dark and then whichever weaker guild we could (always AL and once Mayhem due to mistakes in bidding times) so we could actually have fun TWs.

Infa have a weird definition of fun, you guys was practically one pushing Dark in 10 minutes, it wasn't fun (unless your fact enjoy to win TW in 10 minutes without any challenge), I'm pretty sure you guys had more fun the last TW against Crimson then all Dark TWs put together (the ones from this season), as Bankai TW vs Mayhem are way much more fun then Dark vs Infa.

Usually Infa was beating all factions pretty easy, I don't know what did happen against Crimson, but Infa is so powerful that I doubt there's any real fun TW for you guys. I guess that's the price to pay for having the most OP people of the server in the same faction, there's no challenge for you guys.

Crimson is #1 on the amount of lands, but Infa is still #1 as TW faction, not a big accomplishment in my opinion since as I said there's no challenge, Infa is too powerful for any 1v1. It's nice to win ofc, but it most be boring at the end to never have challenge. I bet the Primal PVP is way much more entertaining than TW for you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Infa have a weird definition of fun, you guys was practically one pushing Dark in 10 minutes, it wasn't fun (unless your fact enjoy to win TW in 10 minutes without any challenge), I'm pretty sure you guys had more fun the last TW against Crimson then all Dark TWs put together (the ones from this season), as Bankai TW vs Mayhem are way much more fun then Dark vs Infa.

Usually Infa was beating all factions pretty easy, I don't know what did happen against Crimson, but Infa is so powerful that I doubt there's any real fun TW for you guys. I guess that's the price to pay for having the most OP people of the server in the same faction, there's no challenge for you guys.

Crimson is #1 on the amount of lands, but Infa is still #1 as TW faction, not a big accomplishment in my opinion since as I said there's no challenge, Infa is too powerful for any 1v1. It's nice to win ofc, but it most be boring at the end to never have challenge. I bet the Primal PVP is way much more entertaining than TW for you.

Dark was our only potential for challenge. Didn't really have any doubt that you guys would improve and the wars did gradually get longer and better as they went on until well...idk wtf happened with you guys. Ideally, you would have eventually succeeded us.

What do you suggest we had done differently? If you didn't want us to bid you when you're the #2, then you could have just not stacked us. We let you know well ahead of time that we had no intentions of bidding you after that first war of the season (and that was only done since we didn't bid you back for our 1v1s like we wanted to at the end of last season in order to secure the season win and because you were literally right next to us) and would instead turn our attention elsewhere. We did not bid you at all beyond honoring our 1v1 until you decided to stack us.

Like really, what am I supposed to say? Sorry bringing us down to like 50m a week in TW funding didn't kill our guild like everyone was thinking it would? I mean...no offense, but I don't TW for coin. b:surrender

And tbh, gear gap excuse doesn't hold weight when you have someone in guild with a full Nuema Portal card set and could effectively one-two shot the majority of our entire guild at the time. And it is not like the rest of you were sitting in tt99 or something either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That's true we had 1 person with full nuema set but like I said on hl sub forums you can cc him all day making him useless. Keep in mind majority of our members were using g16 nirvana so that puts us at a huge disadvantage cause those people are 1-3 shot and it quickly became a 25v45 on a lane. That was very overwhelming for us, especially trying to keep those squishy cata barbs alive except for shibi. I've played for both sides infamous and dark and believe me it was a gear issue. I'm sure you know what it's like to be out geared Eoria.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The last season really was boring....hopefully the next season we will have some fun with nemesis... looking for a good TW season ahead, and yes hopefully Nem will get back to the point of success it had before :)
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Dark was our only potential for challenge. Didn't really have any doubt that you guys would improve and the wars did gradually get longer and better as they went on until well...idk wtf happened with you guys. Ideally, you would have eventually succeeded us.

What do you suggest we had done differently? If you didn't want us to bid you when you're the #2, then you could have just not stacked us. We let you know well ahead of time that we had no intentions of bidding you after that first war of the season (and that was only done since we didn't bid you back for our 1v1s like we wanted to at the end of last season in order to secure the season win and because you were literally right next to us) and would instead turn our attention elsewhere. We did not bid you at all beyond honoring our 1v1 until you decided to stack us.

Like really, what am I supposed to say? Sorry bringing us down to like 50m a week in TW funding didn't kill our guild like everyone was thinking it would? I mean...no offense, but I don't TW for coin. b:surrender

And tbh, gear gap excuse doesn't hold weight when you have someone in guild with a full Nuema Portal card set and could effectively one-two shot the majority of our entire guild at the time. And it is not like the rest of you were sitting in tt99 or something either.

Oh I don't care who bid who, I'm just saying that you bidding Dark wasn't to get fun TW or as I said you have a weird definition of fun. Do you guys would have get more fun vs any other factions? I doubt so. (Dark wasn't getting better, that was getting worse, every weeks we had less and less people showing cause they was tired of the 10 minutes one push)

And I'm not saying it was not fun cause we was losing, I'm prolly sure that any faction from any server can say that one push TW is not fun, you can be happy that you won, but you can't call that a fun TW.

I'm not speaking about money, I'm just saying that Infa is so powerful that your members have no fun TW wise, I'm not getting that out of nowhere, it's a while that people in Infa tell me that, you guys are powerful that's for sure, you guys are still #1 to me even if Crimson win the season, but Infa having fun TW? I guess you guys forgot what fun TW is.

What I would do? You guys did claim money isn't important for you and the decision to defend Dark over Mayhem/Crimson did proved that it wasn't about money. If that was of me I would split Infa in 2 guilds and fight each other, then you would have fun TW, but then you guys will never do that cause it's too risky to lose your #1 place which seems more important for you than having fun. (When I see you I speak for Infa in general)

In ranking of the best TW faction I would put Infa #1, then Crimson as second, third I would put Bankai and last Mayhem.

In ranking for the amount of lands, Crimson, Infa/Mayhem, Bankai/Kylin.

In ranking of the factions that have the most fun TW Bankai and Mayhem.

But all of that is just my opinion, but if someone claim the most fun TWs of the season was Infa then lol... but eh who am I to say 10 minutes TWs aren't fun? Everyone have different opinion of having fun.

The next season should be interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _CurseD - Archosaur
    _CurseD - Archosaur Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Gratz Defiance!! 2 time champs b:kiss

we should have 28 lands, but pwi put maintenance during our TW b:angry

next season should be interesting. b:victory lets see what color dominates the map again :D

hopefully a good color!!
  • BaniraM - Archosaur
    BaniraM - Archosaur Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    TW map of Morai

Revision - 27
    Requiem - 10
    Templer - 7
    Elysium - 6
    Originals - 1

Im surprised first post was not from RankNine xD and neither the map report b:chuckle

grats revi, greetings from banshee b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    snip
    detailed sum up o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

next season should be interesting. b:victory lets see what color dominates the map again :D

hopefully a good color!!

+1000 to this. I don't know who was picking the map colors for our server but they were either color blind or stuck in the 70's. Seriously the most ungodly horrible shades of yellows and greens I have ever seen, if you stared at the TW map for too long it almost made you feel queasy. b:sad
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

I remember seeing Tempest and Dynasty around way before I changed servers. Nice to see it having equal footing for the top 2 factions on there, unlike in RT lol.

Don't be fooled by the 21 vs 20 lands thing. Dynasty and Tempest aren't even remotely close in power anymore, and strategy doesn't have much of anything to do with it.

The balance of power went back and forth for most of the season, as Darskiesx described, with Dynasty usually having the edge. However, since the Tempest and Relic merger, any semblance of balance has gone out the window.

As of now, Tempest has the server's top 6 or so best geared players. With my current gear, I may not even rank in the top 10 Tempest's strongest players (I'm full r9rr +12 jades with some S cards and some A cards). For example, Tempest has a seeker with a full neuma set, and at least half a dozen other people with full S cards levelled to 80. In comparison, Dynasty has not a single player yet with full S cards (to my knowledge) and certainly none with full lvl 80.

To the cynical, this means that Tempest just has a lot more cash shoppers. A more moderate view might be that Tempest has a lot of cashers and also had more motivation to gear up faster to beat Dynasty's longstanding superiority. Naturally, Tempest would have us believe that they are all pro farmers/merchanters. The truth is a bit fuzzy, and probably somewhere in the middle.

Regardless. The simple fact is, there is a gigantic gear gap. Tempest has a mystic so well geared that it pulls a catapult---and is harder to kill than any Dynasty barb. The full neuma set seeker can one shot everybody in Dynasty with relative ease and takes an entire squad to kill. Multiple full lvl 80 S card archers mow through our arcanes---Darkskiesx does 4k non crits to me, a full jades +12 cleric, and him in a jades build as well---the dps is so high I can't even outheal it, since most hits are, of course, crits.

When Tempest pushes into Dynasty's base atm, it is impossible to push them out, even with the tower's debuffs, hence, fights are currently ending in about 15 minutes.

Thats the state of things atm.

Given enough time, we would expect that Dynasty would eventually start to catch up in terms of gear. However, this time, it could take a very long time. r9rr +12 jades is already hard enough for the average player, however, it at least has a somewhat calculable cost, and its roughly the same price for everybody. With cards though, the cost to max out is even higher, possibly much much higher, and a lot harder to calculate, since its so luck dependent. This means that it will take longer for people to max out their cards, and fewer people will ever max them out at all. Those who do max out their cards will enjoy god-like status. A r9rr+12 is an easy kill for another r9rr+12 who has full S cards maxed out, the gap is that big.

Yes, the merger of Tempest and Relic was quite the achievement. As things stand now they cannot lose as we progress into the next season. However, their success comes with a certain price. Because Dynasty, the server's 2nd strongest faction, is unlikely to gear up as fast as Tempest, and since the gap in power between Dynasty and any other faction is also quite large, Tempest cannot possibly have any interesting TWs in the foreseeable future. The gear gap between Tempest and Dynasty right now reminds me of a time years and years ago when Calamity effortlessly rolled through 3 way defenses. I thought I'd never see a gap that big again, but alas, here we are.

And for the distant future, we have the following potential factors:
    -Dynasty members slowly catching up in gear
    -Tempest members eventually getting bored of easy wins and stop trying to improve gear/quit game
    -Dynasty members getting frustrated by huge gear gap and not bothering to try anymore
    -possible drama/mergers/etc possibly shifting balance of power

We shall see what the future holds.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This sounds like HL lolz.
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Bella that is , like u said, your opinion .
    Some people worked alot to recruit certain people in this guild and now to split?
    What about the friendship between some of us ?
    What about the fact that we have no drama ?
    Why to destroy or split something that is working ?

Some TW's are fun some aren't ..... but the end of the season war against Crimson was good ... 1 hour+ with many people on both sides . Why Infamous to split when Crimson got stronger too with some ex-Dark and ex-Mayhem people ? I can't take a 3h TW anymore and i am glad it didn't happen recently .
    It's exhausting to stay all that time at PC and being focused ( especially if you are squad leader or TW leader and the war starts somewhere between 1 am and 6 am ).

b:bye
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    -Tempest members eventually getting bored of easy wins and stop trying to improve gear/quit game
    -Dynasty members getting frustrated by huge gear gap and not bothering to try anymore
    -possible drama/mergers/etc possibly shifting balance of power

We shall see what the future holds.

You sound like you never had to experience all that before.

Before the merger, everything you just said held true to Dynasty.
  • DeathProof - Dreamweaver
    DeathProof - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Stuff Aeliah said
    Even though from the most part you might be correct, you do not think of the other side the TW's were before the merge. It was close to how you describe it now from the Dynasty's point of view. Neither Relic or Tempest were able to match Dynasty at the time, and that did not have much to do with strategy either, Dynasty outgeared both of the factions by a big margin (apart from the strength Relic had the start of the season).

So by your logic, Tempest has lot of cashers now, so that means Dynasty had a lot of cashers before. I have never cared about cashers personally, it's their own money, but to me it seems you only look at the TW situation from Dynasty's side, rather that looking the big picture.

Before the merge both Tempest and Relic were at the point where we had to get our TW attendance higher, and recruit. Now it is Dynasty's time to regroup and retool for the next season, with dedication from your officers, you can pull it off.

Again, thank you Dynasty for the great TW season, you guys would've deserved the TW win, just as much as we did.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ilovecoin wrote: »
    Outbidded? b:laughb:laugh That what happened when ya try to attack an empty faction.(Fail)

Why talk from catshop acc ;O
    2nd time u try to provoke
    Originally Posted by CapnK - Sanctuary View Post
    For the most part this was a very boring season on Sanctuary. Things only got weird at the very end.

Vindicate was extremely dominant for 3/4 of the season. Nobody came close to challenging them. Then a group of them left to join Legendary to try and even out the TW power a bit, and another group left to form a new faction, Descended. This was a pretty drastic power drop for Vindi and they soon found themselves losing battles left and right. They got the group back from Legendary towards the end of the season but they're still in a rebuilding phase currently. If the season had ended at the 6-month mark they would have been the champions.

Legendary recovered well after their abysmal finish last season. They took over the southern part of the map, wiping out Hoorah in the process. Towards the end of the season they were able to take lands from Kakumau and the weakened Vindicate and hold onto them for their first TW season win.

Hoorah was still strong at the start of the season but they made quite a few enemies. Both Vindicate and Legendary bullied them early in the season and eventually knocked them off the map entirely. It looked like they were ready to be counted out but several strong people from Regicide joined them. They restarted at the far north of the map, taking lands from Enelysion while they rebuilt. Good recruiting combined with Vindicate weakening eventually gave them the upper hand, and at the end of the season they were actually the strongest faction, to the point where they were rolling Vindicate.

Enelysion had a poor season compared to their last few. Losing members to other factions and apathy led them to barely field 30 people per TW compared to their usual 70+. They were working their way south to fight Kakumau but got ganked by Vindicate and Legendary and ended up being cut off from the south part of the map entirely. They ended up taking the north part of the map away from Solace, and in turn lost more of their lands to Hoorah and Vindicate. Their numbers and morale improved at the end of the season so they should be back to normal for next season.

Kakumau had the most exciting TW season by a large margin. They were constantly getting ganked by Regicide, Corvinus, and Legendary, and held their own admirably. Later on in the season they lost some of their group to other factions and ended up coasting in to the finish with the lands they had remaining.

Solace took over the north part of the map while the heavy action was down south. At one point they had nine lands. Enelysion systematically dismantled them and they were removed from the map and forced to start over in smaller battles down south.

Other noteworthy news is the demise of Regicide. They lost some of their strong people to Hoorah, leaving them unable to match up with Kakumau. Then near the end of the season they had a divisive split. Half of the faction wanted to merge with Corvinus and the other half didn't. That half formed a new faction called Reunite instead, while the other half joined Corvinus. With Regicide pushing up daisies, that leaves Legendary and Enelysion as the only year-one TW factions that are still active.

Interesting to read ;O how it goes in other servers
    ty for sharing ;D

Originally Posted by Aeliah - Dreamweaver View Post
    +1 this

Pls pwi put on MoG sale QQ
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

To the cynical, this means that Tempest just has a lot more cash shoppers. A more moderate view might be that Tempest has a lot of cashers and also had more motivation to gear up faster to beat Dynasty's longstanding superiority. Naturally, Tempest would have us believe that they are all pro farmers/merchanters. The truth is a bit fuzzy, and probably somewhere in the middle.
    Do you always have an excuse when you lose? Personally, when I lose, and I lose a lot; I try to take it with a grain of salt and learn from it. I learned for example while in Tempest the past season that their core was never going to be strong enough to take out Dynasty, pretty much because as DP already pointed out, we felt the same way you feel about us today. I went to Relic, in hopes that the merges of the season had made them stronger, and they were, but real life and the expansion also made that core extremely weak to continue standing against Dynasty. I think we all learned there and then, that having an inactive officer roster is bad for recruitment, that having a small core wont make you tempting when others are considering you for a faction... that if we wanted to make TWs an actual challenge, we had to forget about faction pride and come together with another faction, some of us, like me, wanted to just beat Dynasty. A big majority of both Tempest and Relic, I believe, just wanted to belong to a place that was greater than their factions were at that point, and have combined painlessly to the point they end up doing crazy stuff like toga videos and toga TWs, which was unheard of to someone like me in years and years of pretty much just showing up to TW and roll.

It would do good, to be a bigger critic of your own flaws, before being a critic of other's attributes, whether a flaw or a strength. There's far more that can be done with the first, than with the last. I hope that's something that you keep with you for a while.

I went through this list of yours, . That's 57 well geared rank 9 recast players that were in Dynasty roster at the time of the post... I add to that this breakout of your factionmate's list, within the same thread which isn't really accurate because names like Cure, Plague, Raequel, Aiwen (who wasn't in tempest during a big portion of this merger, just rejoined), Jay, Jans, etc... were not with us this season, most of them won't be with us any time soon. A few others went to Dynasty before we even merged: Beautiffly, Katarra, Cinabum, Saianaide; The ones that went to Blacklist, which will probably end in Dynasty; Tempest is full, I doubt there's a soul that's inactive at this moment within roster.

Add to that your dormant players, soon Merangelus (By far, the biggest casher this server has ever seen), Featherstone, Apocalypto will feel tempted to come back, Drakira too, Blood I saw her in a few wars, Nigelus hasnt come to a single one, but that's understandable, I can't dual client TW. Truwarz barely ever made it to the last 2 wars, his wife hasn't shown up lately. This are all +12 players with Jades or Deities.

You have godly geared players that do not TW: Kenji_, Aikana come to my mind immediately. Then you have players with "alts" that barely ever make it to the wars, like LilCojones and BigCojones, or like Thicket's barb, that +12 JoSD barb that you guys recruited around the time of the merge.

Dynasty has a strong enough roster to make a stand against Tempest, there just hasn't been enough time, effort or determination to build a better strategy than trying to hold a full push with 4 squads, while sneaking catapults on the side lane with the rest of your TW roster... You have pointed it out numerously in your long, sad breakdown of this season, that you're no longer the #1 power, why do you still play TW like you are tactics wise? Even if the roster isn't big enough to beat Tempest yet, you will grow not just from within but also from the factions that are dying around us, thanks to the merger. Blacklist is one of the most recent cases, Skunkyard another example.

You can't blame a losing season onto your rival, blame yourself for not keeping an active roster, for not rotating your players enough so that everyone is interested in TW and other events, for not involving the roster into other stuff rather than just TW so that they don't feel like they're just taking fill space. IE: take your lowly geared players to warsong, FSP and UCH more often instead of reserving those spots to your alts, that might do wonders for your faction's gear progression.

Those are the mistakes every faction makes, we made them in Calamity, in Regenesis, we certainly made them in Tempest and Relic and it is why we started out strong against Dynasty in both factions, in back-to-back seasons, just to die out along the way. This is what post-merger Tempest will have to work hard on, making sure that everyone's involved with the faction because they want to keep winning, it is a hard task, and if we pull through, we'll get our teddies, if we don't, I guess at next's seasons end, I'll be the one writing the long QQ post complaining that Dynasty has all the cashers and that we were just overpowered, not outsmarted nor outplayed in the field.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

No you didn't. Crimson was approached and offered help with stacking Dark while Dark was approached and offered help with stacking Crimson, all while Infamous had not one, not two, but three alt factions grabbing land in the south. It was a moment when Dark and Crimson both realized "we're ****ing toast long-term if we fight each other now so we might as well fight Infa now."

Had we not fought you guys...? In some ways I expect we could've been allowed to win the season, but on your terms, AKA Infa would still ensure higher income, lest gear gaps close.

Ask any TW faction on any server. One person =/= TW victory. SoG can get a lot done if one person is truly the issue, and honestly if I could Nuema Portal any class, archer would be the second-to-last pick just before veno. A lot of archers -already- achieve "tab, kill, tab, kill" status so if one random archer doesn't need focus fire or gets single target kills quicker....of course it's nice, but it's hardly a game changer. Even sin outdoes archer here because good luck SoG locking a sin. Put that set on a barb, seeker or psychic, then you can talk about problems.

As it was stated in the past when a headcount actually came up, Dark had ~12 +12 weapon +10 armor JOSD or better characters to Infamous' 32, and this isn't including other misc gear advantages. Though ultimately gear didn't matter; the one war Dark had 70+ for was the one war Dark won. After that...? Dunno, your guess is as good as mine. Guess people said "K I'VE SEEN THE PEAK OF THE MOUNTAIN LOGGING OFF FOREVER NOW LOL" and did just that, cause 70+ never happened again.

Listen, at this point I don't really care, so don't take any of this post as some form of whining that you guys need to change something, cause I don't care. I'm done trying to change anything in server dynamics and I'd rather just seek fun on my own terms, so this "preaching" that's about to go down? That's just me trying to put things in perspective so questions being asked can possibly be answered. But I know this community and I know that won't happen; guess I'm just doing this out of habit.
    Thing is, Infamous? Deep down that guild knows it's own issue and deep down there is a way that guild is at the heart of the problem: Infamous prioritizes winning over fun. Infamous fails to recognize that competition is merely a catalyst to help generate fun and that fun is ultimately the goal of everyone that plays the game. Mind you, it's not just Infamous. A ton of people on Harshlands do this, sadly. Infamous is merely this flaw personified and condensed in one place.

Now right now I bet you and other Infamous members are reading this and thinking "lolwtf is this, he's not even in guild and claims he knows us and how we are." I do know, you know why? Because I'm the shoulder to cry on for a lot of Infamous members. Someone joins Infa and someone else hates them? I'm PMed. Someone being a massive tard or making himself look like an idiot, and people wanna point and laugh or make fun of him but can't do it publicly? Time to PM someone out of faction who won't cause drama within it!!
    I would be willing to make a bet: Take a sample of 80 Infamous members. You will not be able to find 10 of those that neither loathe another member entirely or are unknowingly loathed by others. Every person in that faction either hates another person or group (Dumass group, Valhalla group, Dark group, etc) or is unknowingly the butt of jokes and mocked behind their back for either being **** or having some form of quirk. You know it, your fellow leaders know it, and many of your members know it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's Infa members here and there who are genuinely happy 100%, and good for them. They've found the sweet spot on the server on how to best enjoy the game. But you and many other Infamous members would be bold-faced lying if you claimed there's not people within your own guild you absolutely hate interacting with and make every attempt to avoid. You'd be lying if you said TWs didn't bring about moments where leaders wanted to rage at members for beyond stupid occurances. You've experienced this first-hand, as your own personal objections to certain people joining were silenced, and now you sit there complying 100% with those very people you didn't want in. Why? Because whether you personally fear not winning or your inner circle of friends as a collective does, it does not matter. Everything stays status quo in the end regardless of how things get and regardless of how many "annoying ****tards" join faction.

That's what makes Infamous so strong. It doesn't care who it lets in, as long as their useful and effective. Make no mistake, this is how a business is run and in many ways this deserves respect, though slowly over time it seems to be causing other problems of general discontent with our server. It's also why I always got rather consistent PMs from this person or that person saying "god we've got so many ****ing idiots in this guild, why am I working with all the people I can't stand while trying to enjoy my free-time?" In that sense, you understand the problem Harshlands faces personally and intimately, that problem being that winning > enjoyment. People would rather sit pretty and stay the course with people they loathe than to take a chance and dare to try something different for the sake of trying to increase personal enjoyment achieved. I can bet you right now if in some hypothetical situation, guilds were ranked by how much fun they have together, Infamous would spontaneously combust into thin air.

In that sense, you guys have played perfectly from a gameplay perspective. You've done everything you can to win with absolutely zero exceptions and that guild will whoar itself out in any way that promotes this goal (and mind you again, before anyone thinks I'm bashing on Infa specifically, no, the entire culture of the server is pretty guilty of this, Infa just represents all the strengths and weaknesses of Harshlands rather conveniently and concisely).

It's just....look at where we are now. Dunno about you, but I find the overall culture and attitude of Harshlands to be absolutely toxic and appauling. Everyone's forgotten about fun, people only know their own egos and petty, pathetic and trivial means to try and validate themselves by winning online competitions and grudge matches. I was naive to think no one took things seriously and we were all just having fun, then people started letting me know how much their fellow Infa members (or others) hated my guts when all I'd done was RPK'ed this person. Or far worse, if it's not some random joe I have nothing against hating my guts because omg we PKed or omg it's the trendy thing to do in Infa/Crimson/Mayhem, it's someone holding a massive butthurt grudge because someone else dared to step on their ego or challenge it in some way.

This season I've seen players lie to cover their own hide, I've seen players lie to mislead their followers, I've seen players lie and attempt to live in this fantasy world where they did not make this or that mistake, I've seen players overlook faults of others for the sake of personal gain, and I've seen players get butthurt merely over the simple natural occurance of being proven wrong. I think the most disheartening would have to be those that overlook the ongoing faults of others just for personal gain; heaven forbid we make a statement and say "hey that's not ok." You may read this and think these only apply to Dark or Infamous members, but sadly no. Name a guild that was on the map at the end of the season (yes, even with one land the final week) and I ran into a person in that faction guilty of one of these within the past 6-8 months.

This season I had my fight with dishonesty, you could say. And it's sad to see that while I succeeded in exposing dishonesty, it didn't matter. It didn't matter because dishonesty consistently fled to and hid behind the side with power, and many others merely followed for the sake of having power too, or because they're too chicken**** to try anything else. It's funny; I'd be one of the first to argue morality has no place in a game like this and you shouldn't be all upset if you get PKed or whatever, as long as there's no harassment going on. And yet Harshlands just feels like an absolute cess pool of horrible personalities these days, all because we all became so caught up in the abitrary goal of winning that we forgot what it was all about in the first place... We don't tell our problem children to **** off, we enable them so long as it profits us. And lo and behold, there's a lot of them now.

I think the last time I experienced a "foe" that remembered this is a game and it's all about fun would be TravesT at my wedding where I tried to crash the server by inviting basically everyone. (and ****ing Bearclaw didn't show, so **** him) Hell the entire wedding kinda personifies my point: that cost me a crapton, but I did it anyways because I thought a crowded wedding where even blue name catshops might be entertaining, and isn't that what we all play for? Anyways...He funded a Jealous Ex spawn (or multiple?) out of his own pocket and didn't want money back (THANK YOU again cause wtf spawning those was getting hard, I'm by no means rich), just asked I not RPK TraVain cause she doesn't like it, to which I laughed and agreed. I just wish this sort of interaction were more standard on Harshlands, but that tiny moment of awesomeness seems rare these days...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Recruit almost everyone end game geared on the server so your guild is unbeatable 1v1 terms (especially when I compare Infamous barbs and barbs in any other guild) and then cry for fun TWs, decide wtf you want lolz.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What about the fact that we have no drama ?

That doesn't mean people are happy.

I can tell you that some members really don't like how it goes in Infa.

Some people are really unhappy in Infa (for different reasons, some for the lack of fun TW, others for how some of your members spend their time trash talking constantly in gc about other players) and just stay to be in the #1 faction or cause at that point of the game they just don't bother anymore and go inactive just showing for TW.

And it's not just in Infa.

If you are trully happy in Infa then I'm glad for you, but it's not your entire faction that is.

What about the friendship between some of us ?

Since when Infa did turn into Mayhem?

FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!!

@Longie, I'm telling you right now, if you leave Bankai you are not my BFF anymore, I'll replace you by Synth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle
    Who is not happy is free to leave . No one is keeping people here by force . If they aren't happy and still stay in Infa , well it means other guilds have nothing to offer to make them leave . Also about trash talking ... well blacklist is available for everyone .
    Next time they come and complain to you how unhappy they r in Infa tell them there is a desert button and also one to block people . Both solve problems .

About friendship , well don't try to give to my statement another meaning .
    I never claimed we turned into Mayhem , this is your pure speculation .
    Tho when you are in a guild for a long time is almost impossible not to find a few people that you can really enjoy their company or keep in touch even outside PWI. But u knew this and i assume it just just an attempt to troll .

b:bye
  • _Floo_ - Heavens Tear
    _Floo_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Looks like factions in both LC and HT are become friends, holding hands walk together.
    No trashtalk no nothing.b:laugh
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    HL's.

Crimson - 21
    Infamous - 14
    Mayhem - 14
    Kylin - 1
    BankaiGOD - 1

I'll save the commentary for later. Just don't turn the thread into a giant *****fest over your respective servers.

For reference: last season's thread.

Just a reminder for some of you.