Maintenance Discussion [5/6/14]

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

Tonight we will be having maintenance from the usual 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT time. This will simply be a reset, since our new patch isn't ready.

Not sure on time conversions? Check here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140506T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Discussion: You're on the brink of falling asleep, when all of a sudden you hear a loud crash come from outside your room. You quickly get up and proceed to the door, but not before turning on your light. As you open the door you see a tall, shadowy figure standing at the end of your hallway. In a panic, you turn on the light only to discover the figure is no longer there. You turn the light off again, thinking your eyes are just playing tricks on you, but there it is again only slightly closer to you.

Do you:

A: Proceed to turn the lights on and off, to see what happens?
B: Slam your door shut and run to hide under your covers?
C: Grab the nearest tool (baseball bat, remote, whatever) and try to fight it?
D: Slam your door shut, run to your window, jump out, and run across the street screaming as loudly as possible...while in pajamas?
E: Ignore it and go to sleep anyways?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Tonight we will be having maintenance from the usual 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT time. This will simply be a reset, since our new patch isn't ready.

Not sure on time conversions? Check here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140314T07&p1=224

Maintenance Discussion: You're on the brink of falling asleep, when all of a sudden you hear a loud crash come from outside your room. You quickly get up and proceed to the door, but not before turning on your light. As you open the door you see a tall, shadowy figure standing at the end of your hallway. In a panic, you turn on the light only to discover the figure is no longer there. You turn the light off again, thinking your eyes are just playing tricks on you, but there it is again only slightly closer to you.

Do you:

D: Slam your door shut, run to your window, jump out, and run across the street screaming as loudly as possible...while in pajamas?

Keep the lights on then jump out the window probably.. (after peeing myself ofc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

With the new website layout I'm not sure where to find the manual patch these days, that's something I need to figure out.
    Not sure on time conversions?
    Why the uncertainty?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't be doing anything. I wouldn't be able to turn the light on again without first having to turn it off, and according to that dialogue, that doesn't happen.

However, if I had to choose an answer, I'd ignore it and go to sleep anyways. Chances are I am just imagining things from being so tired.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options

Do you:

Closest answer from the choices is E, but that's mostly because I'm familiar with the entities in the house.

If I wasn't, then the tools would be an EVP meter and a recorder, and I'd be up for a few more hours getting a feel for who my company was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    since our new patch isn't ready.

Do you:

New patch isnt ready? :o what sort of patch is it?

and hide under your covers with a stuffed teddy, cause stuffed teddies fight off all the eveil monsters in the night b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Do you:

I stop drinking the window cleaner and 409 mix from under the sink b:chuckle
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Fifty_Shades - Archosaur
    Fifty_Shades - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    just sounds like a normal night to me ... b:laugh
  • God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Not sure on time conversions? Check here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140314T07&p1=224

Do you:

Option E of course.. God fears no one..b:chuckle

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    E: Ignore it and go to sleep anyways
    I'm too used to weird things happening for something like that to bother me.

If it's not aggressive, especially, but just keeps moving closer, would probably give it a bro hug and tell it to kindly let me sleep in peace, I have to get up early tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A, C, or E for me. Depends on how annoyed I am at the moment!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Turn off the lights.
    When they turn on again, only one of us will remain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A. Cause at the end, whatever is is, it will run away anyway. Like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I proceed to stare down the location it appeared and do naught things to myself. I've seen enough horror movies to know I have to accept my fate, may as well have one last hoorah and hopefully scar the creature. Or at least give it a story to tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And the answer is >>> F <<<

Why you ask?? Because you left out the {Bust out laughing at the poor specter, for its pathetic attempt to scare you option (Since it had no clue whatsoever that your Real Life family members that you grew up with, were far more scarier & messed up, then any Pathetic Demon, or Wannabe Ghost)} on the list of choices.... b:pleasedb:thanks{b:victory}
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Grab a knife from the kitchen, grab my keys, jump out of the window, reenter the house and ambush it from behind >:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Options

What if it's a candy ghost?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    What if it's a candy ghost?

You mean like this ghost?

They say a picture says a thousand words. >:D

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Do you:

Option E. My sleep is precious.
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Probably stare at it in frozen fear for a while before option B or D.
    I'm a scaredy cat. b:surrender

I like the scenario questions, fun to think about :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Options

Poor poor cookie. May it rest in peace. Or pieces.
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Do you:

Why is there not an "Invite him in to sleep cause its really your boyfriend and your eyes are just fuzzy and you can't find your glasses in the dark" option b:cute
  • Foxyface - Dreamweaver
    Foxyface - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    C ofc my wall is covered in martial arts weapons of all types b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Artsyangel - Raging Tide
    Artsyangel - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Not sure on time conversions? Check here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140506T23&p1=224&ah=3

Do you:

E. Tell the dark figure "Hey, could you plz be a little more quieter. I need my beauty sleep".
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I just hope the genie/skill graphics and sound bug at least gets fixed in this patch.
  • Pedro_pan - Dreamweaver
    Pedro_pan - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    F. log into pwi and QQ about it in wc then go to sleep b:laugh
  • Sapphra - Heavens Tear
    Sapphra - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Do you:

D, but I don't wear pajamas... b:surrender
  • PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Do you:

A

why i pick A

cause im simply curious

b:surrender
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A, toggle the lights for certainty, then C, grab the nearest aerosol can and a lighter. If it looks wispy, it's probably not a fan of incendiaries.

Worst case, it's all an illusion or prank and I still get to make fire. There's no downside here.