What About sin should do in FS instance?

LifeSkill - Raging Tide
LifeSkill - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Assassin
Please let me know xD
Post edited by LifeSkill - Raging Tide on

Comments

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Use Skills. (Ex. Sub-Sea w/ HF and AMP)
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do anything but aps. Use knife throw/spell cutter when the blossom boss needs to be interrupted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    and when blossom sais disperse, run away immeadiatly dont wait because it sais "in 10 seconds"
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1st boss: stand there before it spawns, when it spawns and attacks you INTERRUPT SKILL (knife throw/spell cutter) this will prevent it from buffing up and you can APS it

2nd boss: chill of deep time to skill spam, a sin can perma spark + skill spam by using rising dragon/tackling slash/inner harmony: if your daggers suck focus on subsea though, but of course skill spam

3rd boss:if your daggers dont suck make sure not to get aggro, but besides that triple spark/skill spam

4th: help interrupt when the boss says its going to heal( i.e use knife throw/spell cutter) besides that again triple spark/ skill spam

5th part a : there are 5 mobs , 2 ape APSable, 2 are NOT apsable and 1 is phys immune, subsea here is nice, but PAY ATTENTION to the hp of the minibosses either skill spam or aps depending what has higher HP

5th boss part b. oh free chi when you already have the best chi capabilities? well the obvious answer is triple spark+skill spam +subsea !

also as a sin id say its important YOU are the one that spams EP/tangling mire on all the bosses since other classes want to keep their chi up while its way too easy for you to.

did i mention if you don't have chill of the deep on before i wrote this (except on first boss if you interrupted it and on the 2 apsable minibosses) you should just delete instead of going fsp.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    5th part a : there are 5 mobs , 2 ape APSable, 2 are NOT apsable and 1 is phys immune, subsea here is nice, but PAY ATTENTION to the hp of the minibosses either skill spam or aps depending what has higher HP

A little elaboration since few people seem to understand:
    The kings need to stay withing 50% of eachothers HP or they will heal.
    You can kill them 1 by 1 by stunlocking it. People have made a habbit of doing this with the big one. That doesnt stop the rest from healing though, so try to be attacking the one with the highest HP. If that is the physical imune, take the second most and dont damage the others so much that they get to 50% less on the HP bar than the PI
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    During the Toad Boss should you happen to get an axe you will need to throw it when it says throw axe, however wait till you see a blue diamond/sheild looking buff on the bosses status screen(a few seconds after). Also no one should be attacking the boss when that same buff is up, except for the axe ofc.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just make macro with your short cd skills, chi skills(rising dragon & taclking, inner seems to break macro) and triple spark. Use selfbuffs, triple spark, put macro on, focus on things which might wipe squad and make sure you arent at fault if it happens. Read the announcements and pay attention to them, ppl will expect the sins to interrupt boss when its needed. Its bit amusing knowing barbs got 100% interrupt on shorter cd but whatever.

Specific notes:

On 2nd boss if there is no veno and not really purge bow archers, you might want to just take out your purge bow for more likely purge when it heals itself.

4th boss, interrupt just in case barb doesnt.

last boss, make sure you dont get KBd to death or that you wont die for having full chi. Outside of that not much special.

Sins can tank Toad if they know what they are doing. It does require good daggers to hold aggro and good connection so you wont lag as the reaction time to spark to resist 1shot skill is fairly short. I have seen it done reliably but I dont trust my lag to do it outside of times when tank dies and I end up with aggro. At times I manage it, at times I dont.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Its bit amusing knowing barbs got 100% interrupt on shorter cd but whatever.

Isnt yours 100% ?

I always do interrupt because you cant rely on the other to do it, if both think like that, it doesnt happen. If both barbs and sin keep doing this, everything will be fine b:pleased

It is however less convenient for a barb as he has to go tigerform for devour while on non-toad bosses its more suitable to be in human form usually.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    and when blossom sais disperse, run away immeadiatly dont wait because it sais "in 10 seconds"

If only barbs weren't all like MUH AGGRO on bosses that can be tanked by anyone, like blossom when it's says to disperse and then they suddenly know what flesh ream or stomp of the beast king is and how to use it to take aggro at that moment. I'd rather tick my deaden and watch the barb die.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited May 2014
    Isnt yours 100% ?

I always do interrupt because you cant rely on the other to do it, if both think like that, it doesnt happen. If both barbs and sin keep doing this, everything will be fine b:pleased

It is however less convenient for a barb as he has to go tigerform for devour while on non-toad bosses its more suitable to be in human form usually.

Well mine actually is but its because mine is demon. Lvl 10 is only 70%, same for sage. So counting on sin to do it really is silly if you arent sure the sin got demon knife throw.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well mine actually is but its because mine is demon. Lvl 10 is only 70%, same for sage. So counting on sin to do it really is silly if you arent sure the sin got demon knife throw.

spell cutter is 100% interupt.

edit:

for the topic: think Mosz mentioned everything a sin should do in fsp instance. i will jsut add that if u don't have a veno(or noob veno) in squad u can use purge bow(if u have one) to purge bosses > then go into DD
    edited May 2014
    spell cutter is 100% interupt.

I do always forget that thing tbh. Dont know bout other servers but only so many sins got that skill. So I wouldnt count on sin to automatically interrupt, granted easy access to celestial culti and skills kinda made spell cutter main stream.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Use skills
    And bow from distance.

new primal 1.4sec colldown skill not bad with cod, since it hit twice is a bit similiar than autoattack
  • Keileena_PL - Harshlands
    Keileena_PL - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1st boss: sins can 1 shot the boss with Death Chain but u need to die in lava ;) and maybe got decent soulforce
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Universal: cotd

Poor?

ribstrike->Condensed -> spellcut (fast skills with wep dmg component)-> knife throw->twin strike->slipstream strike->tackling slash for chi->twin strike-> ribstrike, condense and/or spellcut should be off cd again

Remember many fast skills > fewer slow skills. Same idea as aps except with skillspam. Stop earthen rifting single targets ffs

Filthy rich?

3spark powerdash condensed thorn elimination life hunter till elimination
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Poor?

ribstrike->Condensed -> spellcut (fast skills with wep dmg component)-> knife throw->twin strike->slipstream strike->tackling slash for chi->twin strike-> ribstrike, condense and/or spellcut should be off cd again

Remember many fast skills > fewer slow skills. Same idea as aps except with skillspam. Stop earthen rifting single targets ffs

Filthy rich?

Not trying to point out wrongness or anything, but I have noticed that if there is a make shift tank (any class that isn't a barb) in squad they'd prefer it if no one used skill(s) that effect the attack speed of toad, as it messes up the timing of psy will/expel, etc.

Though other than the toad, I agree use those skills/skillset in fsp.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    If only barbs weren't all like MUH AGGRO on bosses that can be tanked by anyone, like blossom when it's says to disperse and then they suddenly know what flesh ream or stomp of the beast king is and how to use it to take aggro at that moment. I'd rather tick my deaden and watch the barb die.

That might be the way you see it.

I usually DD on every boss that is not frog. Sometimes i will still have agro anyway. Sometimes 1 other player will have consistent agro, in that case i usually position myself on the oposite side of the boss so we can both stay. Sometimes agro will swap and i will revert to tiger and tank to keep the boss in place.

Some other barbs might not want to first make that distinction and start going in tiger right away. You think they are "muh agro", they think they are doing their job. Holding the boss table in place so it dont move all around the room. I think they are doing a good job.

And when i am DDing, and people disperse, yes at that moment i often go in tiger and ream cuz nothing is more anoying for everyone than people dispersing and the boss running of towards some far away archer.

It is you who is the problem with "muh agro" in his mind. It is the barbs job to keep the boss in place. You are the idiot here not the barb who does his job.

If anyone ever does what you say and i know it is on purpose, youd be so kicked from squad and blacklisted. Regardless if i'd be the on to die or someone else. Purposely letting people die in squad is an unforgivable crime .
    edited May 2014

Poor?

Filthy rich?

I dont really like those combos. Condensed has no place in PvE macro or maybe only if you require a filler skill. I am personally lazy, I got tackling and rising dragon with short cd skills on my macro with a spark. I only need to do anything when we move or boss does something I have to react on. Or if I feel like using selfbuffs/inner harmony for spark/SS.

As for rich? Just life hunter macro, dont need any fillers with that cd and its just absolutely ridiculous dps compared to pretty much any other macro.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    - Use tidal protection and holy path past axe trap.
    - Use party members to leap over lava trap in the beginning.
    - You can aps mobs in the right and left.
    - Set chill of the deep and skillspam first "miniboss".
    If you have life hunter then: Spark -> Inner Harmony -> Subsea strike -> (Elimination if you have) -> LH SPAM -> Rising dragon, tackle -> SPARK -> (Elimination if you have) ->LH SPAM
    If not, just replace "LH SPAM" with Earthen Rift, Slipstream Strike, Rib Strike, Spell Cutter, Condensed Thorn, Twin Strike randomly.
    - Now follow party to 1st boss: When says "Dodge" move around out of the circles and wait for "A large something of elites appears!" and try to kill some mob, knife throw the boss from a distance. Then come close and same as previous boss to DD.
    - Then take quest in npc and wait for a bigass fireball to comeout of the stone mouth. Run as fast as you can without jumping till you reach toad room.
    - Wait barb stabilish agro, do the same as first boss. Stop hitting if you see a blue shield buff on boss. DONT take aggro or you die.
    - Take quest in the frog
    - Follow party aoe little ****ty mobs.
    - Same DD mechanics as first boss, save spell cutter/knife throw for when "Interrupt in time" messagee appears. Obey the "Stay dispersedly/together" messages.
    - Take quest from little ****.
    - More following, more aoe littly ****ty mobs.
    - Turn Chill of the Deep off for my favorite FSP part: APSing the element imune mob. Yes you can and SHOULD dps this mob all the way to its death and enjoy aps'ing it b:pleased Then Chill of the Deep back on to help kiling the remaining mobs with skillspam.
    - Boss is now, go to the corner like everyone else wait someone to pull the boss and same DD schema as first boss. till boss is dead. This boss will do an aoe which fills 3 sparks, you need to celestial/demonic eruption when this happens, if he uses this skill and you're full chi, you're dead meat.
    - Take quest from the guy with the coat. There you go 20 shaeneee Filowuro Siluveru Koinu
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not trying to point out wrongness or anything, but I have noticed that if there is a make shift tank (any class that isn't a barb) in squad they'd prefer it if no one used skill(s) that effect the attack speed of toad, as it messes up the timing of psy will/expel, etc.

Though other than the toad, I agree use those skills/skillset in fsp.

I've always used life hunter on toad and I have had no problem at all timing spark to resist the one shot skill from toad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I dont really like those combos. Condensed has no place in PvE macro or maybe only if you require a filler skill..

Dafuq? Condensed is 0.3 channel 0.7 cast. It's literally as fast as twin strike but with a significantly larger added damage and adds water damage. What makes it so bad in pve?

@ Sevenchko earthen rift is terrible in pve single target. It's just too slow
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dafuq? Condensed is 0.3 channel 0.7 cast. It's literally as fast as twin strike but with a significantly larger added damage and adds water damage. What makes it so bad in pve?

@ Sevenchko earthen rift is terrible in pve single target. It's just too slow

Yeah. It might be one of the lowest dps skill, but its sure to deal a very rasonable damage on crits/zerkrits. Also, party members have the feeling: Oh look, the sin is doing something (people discriminate sins on these 2 dungeons, I agree, more than 2 sins doesnt work well)
    But I just spam life hunter like an unskilled lazy sin, so yeah xD

Ah, something to have in mind, not only for sins: "Wait about 10s before hitting toad. Let the tank establish an agro or else..."
    For a sin skillspamming, even with life hunter, knife throw and spell cutter are 2 good skills to use in between, they're fast and knife throw even generates 20 chi, they shouldnt be 'spammed' against blossom for interrupt purposes.

But the best thing for a sin in these 2 dungeons is to have max crit/skilldmg passives, life hunter, elimination and primal chill of the deep (regardless of gears, regardless of cultivation), these things really make 'the' difference.

Still my favorite part is to spam aps on the elemental mob. Feels more like dps.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    But I just spam life hunter like an unskilled lazy sin, so yeah xD
    Cant you sins make a good macro instead ?
    It alows for even more lazyness and it works great :)

Just start your macro with repeat and then add skills enough to cover the cooldown.

For my barb i use for example :

Repeat - Onslaught - Slam - Mighty Swing - Stomp of BK - Swell
    Total duration of channel+cast time is only 6.6 seconds while cooldown is 8s, but it works, I guess were being lied to a little with those cast times. So experiment a bit :)

While the macro is running, you can still interrupt manually if needed (to cast knife throw for example) Afterwards you just start macro again and even if something happens to be on cooldown, it will just skip it and proceed.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As far as I can tell you can't make an infinitely repeating skill macro as a sin without Life Hunter... at least not with decent DPS.

That being said, you can come within ~5% of Life Hunter's DPS with skill spamming without any primal upgrades.

I've had lots of success on my sage sin with the following at least until last night when I got sage puncture wound :D The search continues for Twin strike.

Starting with full chi 3 spark> Inner harmony then try this.

Twin Strike, Subsea, Condensed Thorn, Twin Strike, Spell Cutter, Knife Throw, Twin Strike, Rising Dragon Strike, Tackling Slash, Twin Strike --- This finishes in ~12s and leaves you with 399 chi. It's too long to macro, so I used a macro with the first 7 skills and manually use RDS/TS/TwS. If sage IH procs then switch out RDS for Slipstream for more damage.

3 spark again, following up with a 2nd repeating macro that will see skills coming off cooldown just before they're queued: Twin Strike, Condensed Thorn, Knife Throw, Twin Strike, Spell Cutter, Slipstream, Twin Strike(after repeat). If you create this as a repeating macro, and just let it do it's thing, there is a ~1.5s pause before it continues with a slightly different order due to cooldowns (likely twin strike, knife throw, slipstream, twin strike). You can use the gap for rib strike and then just hit the macro again. Once your spark wears off use tackling slash, master li's, twin strike, puncture wound or rib strike, knife throw, twin strike. You should be able to 3-spark/IH and start with the first macro again.

I'm sure this could be tweaked to do a bit more damage. But being able to maintain 3 spark for ~1 min while maintaining a high dps through prioritizing faster skills over slower harder hitting skills with little to no down time was my priority.

---

Oh yeah... Earthen rift is our 3rd worst skill in terms of DPS vs a single target unsparked. 3-sparked it drops to being our worst skill in terms of DPS.

For any interested the order of best to worst DPS is the following. The order can vary slightly depending on dex, weapon damage, sparked vs unsparked.

(assumes level 11 unless specified)
    Elimination
    Life Hunter
    Spell Cutter
    Twin Strike (level 11)
    Condensed Thorn
    Twin Strike (level 10)
    Knife throw
    Power Dash
    Deep Sting
    Cursed Jail
    Subsea
    Tackling Slash
    Headhunt
    Raving Slash
    Slipstream Strike
    Rising Dragon Strike
    Earthen Rift
    Rib Strike
    Throatcut

I didn't include toxic torrent or puncture wound arbitrarily.

---

Lastly, if you have Life Hunter, its damage is comparable to APS when you consider the ~70 attack level ~200 dex difference (assuming you're switching from r93 to a standard aps set), and the primal skill damage passive... at least for sage sins. When you factor in Invigorate or seeker debuffs chances are skills will out DD APS. No need to switch for the 5 mini bosses and lose some of the potential damage from subsea and earthen rift.
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if you have decent daggers, hold back unless you don't mind tanking.b:chuckle
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    if you have decent daggers, hold back unless you don't mind tanking.b:chuckle

Uh ? That comes from a barb ?

You must be doing things wrong.

No sin ever steals agro on APS resistant bosses.... If any class does, its archers.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2014

No sin ever steals agro on APS resistant bosses.... If any class does, its archers.

I steal aggro from barbs with equal gear regularly. If a barb is spamming flesh ream, it is much harder.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    I steal aggro from barbs with equal gear regularly. If a barb is spamming flesh ream, it is much harder.

Ye thats what i mean ofc....
    If youre a vit barb, you must ream. If youre strength barb without the proper weapon, you must ream.

Thats what i mean with doing things wrong i guess :)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This +10.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47