Soul Link

Options
Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Venomancer
Can someone please explain to me how this skill works because I have yet to figure out what it's true purpose is.b:bye
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You can find a discussion/test thread here.

Generally, you summon a "doll" for x seconds. It costs 2 sparks. That doll is linked to your target. If you hit the doll, a certain % of your damage on the doll gets transferred to your target. It also slows down your target.

It's most effective if you AOE but Noxious Gas is a bit slow and Parasitic Nova is also slow plus costs two sparks. So AOEing is not very effective since the target can teleport, run, holy path away, move away from the doll etc.

Various tests were done for it, I think it ignored defences levels but it also didn't count attack levels of the caster. I think we never got a response if it was intended or it was a bug. The doll apparently can't kill the target by itself so DDing on it only is not gonna work, you gotta AOE or something so that you hit your target-player too.

It has potential uses in mass PvP if people can AOE the doll with you but its uses are rather situational. The general consensus of the discussion was that the skill is not worth 2 sparks therefore almost nobody uses it.

Personally, I don't even have it on my skill bar. It's not a terrible skill but 2 sparks? No thanks, I have better uses for that.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Also bear in mind, if you want the L100 version of this skill, despite what the skill tree says, it's no longer called Soul Shatter. Both skills are now called Soul Link. You have to read the description on the Soul Link book to ensure you get the right one.