Move NW to a time earlier for everyone's sake

Options
Azura - Lost City
Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
I suggest to move the NW on Sunday night to the same day but in the afternoon, like at 14:00.

Why?

Because I've noticed that attendance in Sunday's NW has declined a lot. On Friday it's fine, but on Sunday is horrible. The attendance is so low that it gets boring.

I think this must be because most people have work or school and skip NW on Sunday because they need to sleep. I do that too. Last time I went to NW on Sunday, but it was so boring that I left. It was not worth to stay up for nothing.

This has been already suggested by some people who live in Europe so they can do NW on Sunday too.

The current schedule is bad for almost everyone. So, why not change it?
Post edited by Azura - Lost City on

Comments

• UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Here is the problem with this suggestion:
    8pm-10pm is considered "Prime Time". This is why all the popular TV shows fight for this time slot.
    Majority..... MAJORITY... of people are up at this time. Not only up, but home from work/school and it's not so late that they can't get up early the next day.
    8pm-10pm (roughly) is when NW is.
    No, really, it IS at 8pm-10pm regardless of where YOU live and regardless of what time it is THERE.
    See, that is the thing about this games servers. They are set up in TIME ZONES. This is why I play on the East coast server because it is the closest to MY time zone. So, when events happen during Prime Time it is a good time for me.
    This has nothing to do with USA vs Europe. There is a giant patch of the world that is not in the US but shares the same time zone.
    How does it make sense for a server that is set up for a particular time zone to NOT have its Events during Prime Time??
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Here is the problem with this suggestion:
    8pm-10pm is considered "Prime Time". This is why all the popular TV shows fight for this time

That's just another reason to move NW earlier then. PW can't compete with those TV shows for audience, and there is no point. If I watched TV, and there was a good show at NW time, I wuldn't go to NW.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Should be like 5-ish since there is chance for 2pm Sunday TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No ty. I have other things going on earlier in the day, and am quite happy with NW where it is. b:bye
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JePoY - Lost City
    JePoY - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i support this thread, because of my work schedule i cant TW and sometimesb:thanks NW.
    No Pain, No Gain.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    On Morai I always noticed more attendance on Sunday than on Friday (I haven't really paid attention to that for a while though)
    Maybe this is different on Lost City because there is more people there who don't play on the most suited timezone for them. In this case this would be exactly the same situation (with same comments) as in the already existing thread.
    Sunday at 14h is a very bad time slot for a lot of people (playing in their time zone server) according to me
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    On Morai I always noticed more attendance on Sunday than on Friday (I haven't really paid attention to that for a while though)
    Maybe this is different on Lost City because there is more people there who don't play on the most suited timezone for them. In this case this would be exactly the same situation (with same comments) as in the already existing thread.
    Sunday at 14h is a very bad time slot for a lot of people (playing in their time zone server) according to me

I'll just make on fast guess, considering my case as am example. I live in Spain, I would easily attend to any Morai NW because in Spain, and in general Europe, go to sleep pretty late (for me over 1am...)meaning NW is not and issue.

On the other hand, people in Europe can't go to Sunday NW, like not even a 10%... 5am on Monday? Come on... And this leaves only American people, for whom it's a bit late due to usual schedule... Meaning no attendance.

I would just love 14am NW to at least be able to go to NW for my third time already.... Not asking much, but we'll, that just won't happen, we know it, and must live with it U.U
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This would perhaps cause even less attendance due to sunday's TW time slots.

As someone said here before: No point on changing NW times because some people cant attend, any time they set would be bad for some group of people for some reason
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Keep in mind, Sundays with the weather getting better, many people are going outside so during the day would probably be worse for NW. On Fridays with the weather again, getting better, people are going out with friends, or family.

There really is an outside world.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This would perhaps cause even less attendance due to sunday's TW time slots.

As someone said here before: No point on changing NW times because some people cant attend, any time they set would be bad for some group of people for some reason

>Sunday TW
    >Ever happening at all outside of PvE TW's

They should just scrap the entire sunday TW slots.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That's just another reason to move NW earlier then. PW can't compete with those TV shows for audience, and there is no point. If I watched TV, and there was a good show at NW time, I wuldn't go to NW.

I doubt you're right about that. The 14h00 slot is a time where ppl have real life obligations. The "prime time" on TV is based on the times that ppl typically don't have anything to do and tend to find some relaxing time waster. Game things like TW/NW can compete with TV shows, at least better then facing all those real life things ppl do in the weekends.

TV shows are easily recorded or even have a replay these days. Things like house duties, visiting friends/family, little trips, gardening and all those things normal ppl do in the weekend, those are thing you can't and won't do in the evening or after work so easily.

On Morai (typical server that ppl play on for the timezone), the difference between 14h00 and 20h00 Saturday TW attendance is enormous. And 20h00 is an even bigger "prime time" for all the popular TV shows then Sunday. For me the issue is still the same, rather then going against the past direction of timezone based servers, give a reasonable transfer option that allows to play on a server that matches rl work and obligations.
  • Psybob - Raging Tide
    Psybob - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This has been already suggested by some people who live in Europe so they can do NW on Sunday too.

If it's on me (European) I like the hours for NW
    that we have now. This gives me the choice of
    doing NW on both European as American server.
    Yup, choice... PWI isn't important for my RL, it's
    just for having fun

b:laugh
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I suggest to move the NW on Sunday night to the same day but in the afternoon, like at 14:00.

Someone doesn't like the summer ._.

Because listening to European people's wishes playing an American time-based server when there is an European-based server makes total sense.
    The current schedule is bad for me and some others. So, why not change it?

Just altered it to make it honest..Face it, pwi can surely monitor the server activities, if they notice only 5% of the serverpopulation is active during the Sunday NW, I'm sure they are willing to change it. As a player, you're more inclined to exaggerate some "shadow"-statistic because it feels that way and no other player here on the forums can tell exactly howmuch of the population is active. Saturday: people have sports in the morning/afternoon, (family)trips to wherever or sleeping out a hangover and whatever you can think of doing on your first free day of the week. Afternoon-NW is horrid and any TW faction knows that 14:00 is less active than 20:00 TW's.

Personally the timeslots are perfect, speaking as an European playing on the European server as I should be.