Please remove the over powered players OR hide the players again in NW

davbe
davbe Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Nation Wars
I am tired of of the unbalanced game play in the perfect world. thanks for removing the fun. MORE people will play if the game was so unbalanced for new players.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait ... are you crying because everyone targets you now, being OP...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its only natural for NW to be "unbalanced" when you throw in entrants anywhere from Lv 60 NPC gear to 105 endgame squads against each other. This map feature doesn't change much outside of making it more difficult for some to go around unnoticed during battles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Your wallet balances the game. If you want balance you need a heavier walletb:laugh

Btw, I have seen many games out there, and none of them divide the players according their gear.

It's also agaisnt PWE ideology, so it is never going to happen.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just make every player have to enter alone. Form squad after you enter.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • JePoY - Lost City
    JePoY - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dont QQ much start work hard and save game coins to buy some decent gear in order for you to be little comptetive in game.. this is just game u have to enjoy it.b:pleased
    No Pain, No Gain.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There are many that are more OP than I am, and I am more OP than many, so its fairly balanced for me. I also rarely squad in NW so its my buffs alone and I still get 180 to 250 tokens when I go, depending on the nation I am in and if it wins or not, and that to me, is plenty.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pay2win enough said.
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    davbe wrote: »
    I am tired of of the unbalanced game play in the perfect world. thanks for removing the fun. MORE people will play if the game was so unbalanced for new players.
    Or you could just quit already and find a balanced mmorpg?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014

My thoughts exactly

you can get squad buffs before nw and then break squad and then reform squad after

squad cohesion breaks down anyways when some people aren't getting the same points as others

totally dont need a "squad" entrance feature - everyone just goes in on their own

problem solved imho
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Play2win enough said.

corrected. RPGs are games where you have to bulid up your OPness in time. Farming and merching your way to the top. You cant expect new players to be able to compete with old ones in such a game. Has very little to do with with paying or not. Thats just a cry baby excuse for their own weakness. I never payed a penny, but i know what kind of game i am playing and i am playing it because it fits me. I am a no life gamer. And RPGs are good for no life gamers. Not for casual gamers.

If you dont want to spend time and work for your OPness, go play chess. That is fair and pure skills. RPGs are not.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Double post.

That's just your opinion not everyone like to sit and farm, some rather buy what they need call it a day. On the other hand for people who sit farming I respect that too. On-topic OP has two choices either get your credit card up or go farm, or the combination of both.
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    corrected. RPGs are games where you have to bulid up your OPness in time. Farming and merching your way to the top. You cant expect new players to be able to compete with old ones in such a game. Has very little to do with with paying or not. Thats just a cry baby excuse for their own weakness. I never payed a penny, but i know what kind of game i am playing and i am playing it because it fits me. I am a no life gamer. And RPGs are good for no life gamers. Not for casual gamers.

If you dont want to spend time and work for your OPness, go play chess. That is fair and pure skills. RPGs are not.

This definition fits pwi pretty well, arguably to a T even.

Now I am not saying I disagree with you, it is indeed very possible to 'play' and work your way up to uberness land, and nor should we be handed an easy way to compete/the exact same gear as others.

HOWEVER I do S T R O N G L Y believe that if the oped are ruling the land as they are in pwi/nw, it comes at a HIGH risk of alienating new people from trying to gear up to the better gear/join in the various events where the oped/strong are ruling. (I am not saying that people can't/wont preserve, but some people are feeling the 'pressure' to either... buy or just sit out for a stupid ridiculous amount of time. (again not saying we should have the gear 'handed' to us, but that still doesn't change the fact that the oped are ruling the place far too often, nigh regardless of the 'landscape.') I also realize that some people/classes can do quite well even when they aren't in epic gear, though the fact is that some classes do struggle to no end to do ANYTHING at all while undergeared, hell there is only one class that I feel actually fits the latter point to a T, but that is not what we're here to discuss.)

Anyways I digress... my overall point is what I touched upon in the previous paragraph. If the 'weak'/'newcomers feel that the oped/pay to winners have a significant advantage, they are all too likely to pack their proverbial bags, and leave. (It really doesn't matter to the newcomers/those who are struggling... how their opponent got that 'better' gear, what really matters is how much stronger it is, to a lot of people they feel that the better gear significantly compensates for a lack of skill/can make 'skill' a null point)

Not to mention how easy it is to swipe a CC and pretty much get all that gear/badassness in a matter of days/weeks.... just really depends on the person behind said character.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can't make new players immediately able to compete with older players in terms of gear without having put in the resources either. That would make it pointless for anyone to spend anything.

The way the game is right now is a flaw of the game. They should have made it so newer/poorer and older/richer players are not in direct competition with each other. Yet it's hard to do now because the game population is not large enough to have PvP events divide along say, Soulforce. It's hard to divide events along any line as it is.

Take NW as an example. There could be multiple NWs going on, but then each NW would be a lot more empty. Imagine NW if everyone at your bracket is +10 refine or higher, how empty would that NW be, especially for some of the newer servers? Yet the way it is now, some people just don't even bother to go. It's a bad cycle.

It's possible to have suck gear and still get good amount of Tokens, but that is not as fun, and that is not for everyone. I've taken my PvE gear veno and got good laughs debuffing people and making them angry and chase after me, the token count wasn't bad either. Yet I'm not going to do that for 2 hours on end every week.

The game has ****ed itself over because they never considered this, and now there's not enough players to even fix it.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I started doing NW when my sin was 7x. Flying around in stealth with my crappy green wings, 100+'s pming me asking how they can see me in stealth :P

I could never kill most people but I flew around stunning, immobolizing, amplifying damage, and anything else to make certain targets life a pain until ofc I got one shot....

There's more to NW then just outright pvp. You can try to stop flag runners, attack towers and dig crystals. How you know your toon and aware of your surroundings will defenitly determine your outcome and if your in tune then I'm sure you can look forward to some kind of half decent pay out ( getting like 40 -50 tokens in your 7x's does not hurt at all : ))
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Somethings you must keep in mind:

- This game is not funny. If you start thinking it "SHOULD" be fun, quit immediately.
    - You don't go NW to have fun. You go to make MONEY.
    - If you find an OP squad in NW? Press M -> Leave , and don't forget you're there for MONEY.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am hugely guilty of being a ***-hat in game and QQing about toons being better geared, able to one-shot me, crazy op skills/ classes and none of my QQing has helped at all fix the imbalances we all know about - in fact it has caused me alot of problems

but recently I figured some stuff out

#1 - all games are based on "competition" -against other players, mobs, pk, gears, w/e
    #2 - no one is forcing us to play this game - no guns to our heads
    #3 - "Cash, grass, or *** - no one rides for free" - but here it really is free to play
    #4 - if you put negativity into the game, you will get negativity back
    #5 - farm your *** off or using your credit card - we all get what we have earned
    #6 - NW is a golden opportunity to have some fun and make some coins - used to have to grind
    #7 - a server is like a "small town" and your reputation, good or bad, is hard to escape
    #8 - one careless statement can offend many - even your friends
    #9 - we are all real people behind these screens - feelings and hangups included - this is our "escape"
    #10 - above all "fun is not guaranteed" - make yourself happy
    #11 - you're gonna get 1-shot - its gonna happen alot so accept it and gear up or find another game
    #12 - there are a few that can be op almost over night but for the majority it takes a long time

in regards to this post

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

AND TO ALL I HAVE HURT WITH MY ATTITUDE OR WORDS INGAME - I AM SORRY!!!!
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Only top end merchants can compete with cash shoppers, and even then the ratio heavily favors cash shoppers. Merchants have to spend time and have large amounts of patience, while cash shoppers can drop a few grand and be done with it. This game is not play2win, it never has been and never will be unless gear is made easier to access and shards come down in price. I've seen your gear, any cash shopper would utterly trash you if you set foot in PvP. It's pay2win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Only top end merchants can compete with cash shoppers, and even then the ratio heavily favors cash shoppers. Merchants have to spend time and have large amounts of patience, while cash shoppers can drop a few grand and be done with it. This game is not play2win, it never has been and never will be unless gear is made easier to access and shards come down in price. I've seen your gear, any cash shopper would utterly trash you if you set foot in PvP. It's pay2win.

Mhm and NW more or less puts way more pressure on people to either pay to play, or sit out and wait until they can get on equal footing as the overpowered, than ever before.

The pressure before NW, was almost nil, I guess from a business standpoint it makes money-sense, but I for one feel like its doing more harm to the game, as people are getting upset about this, they see it too, perhaps for some its the reason they left/are leaving, maybe some don't even know this is the reason they left, or have different wording about it... but still very similiar... stances on the matter. Though yes there is always other reasons why people quit/refuse to NW.

- Just because we aren't "forced' into something does NOT mean we can't/don't/won't feel pressured into doing something/feeling like we are being pressured into it. More or less just like peer pressure, everyone doing NW, and it is a good place to farm for things in game, ergo we feel pressured into NW, and when people feel like they're being constantly trampled upon/ some are bound to feel like they're being pressured into buying gear with real cash.-

For the record: (I for one do plan on spending in game coin via gold to get the needed pieces to full r93r my seeker, but still that is going to take a while, unless I get lucky and get a SOT.)

--

This game is definitely a pay to enjoy... or get left behind/be annoyed to no end while those who did manage to either pay, or those who worked up for some seriously wicked/badass gear sit back 1-3 shotting everyone, and owning people left and right. (To me this is bad as well, as eventually people feel like the only people having fun are the oped one, hell some people feel this already and are just trying to hang in there and preserve.) [NOT saying they are the only ones having fun, but I know to some it feels like this is the case, especially to the ones who avoid nw/are feeling the pressure to pay to gear up/sit out.]
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Somethings you must keep in mind:

- This game is not funny. If you start thinking it "SHOULD" be fun, quit immediately.
    - You don't go NW to have fun. You go to make MONEY.
    - If you find an OP squad in NW? Press M -> Leave , and don't forget you're there for MONEY.

Time's changed I guess.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mhm and NW more or less puts way more pressure on people to either pay to play, or sit out and wait until they can get on equal footing as the overpowered, than ever before.

The pressure before NW, was almost nil, I guess from a business standpoint it makes money-sense, but I for one feel like its doing more harm to the game, as people are getting upset about this, they see it too, perhaps for some its the reason they left/are leaving, maybe some don't even know this is the reason they left, or have different wording about it... but still very similiar... stances on the matter. Though yes there is always other reasons why people quit/refuse to NW.

- Just because we aren't "forced' into something does NOT mean we can't/don't/won't feel pressured into doing something/feeling like we are being pressured into it. More or less just like peer pressure, everyone doing NW, and it is a good place to farm for things in game, ergo we feel pressured into NW, and when people feel like they're being constantly trampled upon/ some are bound to feel like they're being pressured into buying gear with real cash.-

For the record: (I for one do plan on spending in game coin via gold to get the needed pieces to full r93r my seeker, but still that is going to take a while, unless I get lucky and get a SOT.)

--

This game is definitely a pay to enjoy... or get left behind/be annoyed to no end while those who did manage to either pay, or those who worked up for some seriously wicked/badass gear sit back 1-3 shotting everyone, and owning people left and right. (To me this is bad as well, as eventually people feel like the only people having fun are the oped one, hell some people feel this already and are just trying to hang in there and preserve.) [NOT saying they are the only ones having fun, but I know to some it feels like this is the case, especially to the ones who avoid nw/are feeling the pressure to pay to gear up/sit out.]

Stick with the BM, there's too many raceroll Seekers as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Warlords,Generals,Captains,Recon,Covert,pawns.spys..all got they roles and they purpose. As a cordinated "EFFORT" regardless of gear one can be productive . If your using morai quest BS gear and thinking u gonna go carry the flag then u got no buisness qqing about Op ppl cause u utterly just digged ur own grave. Now if u instead shout out the flag by u at West etc then ur being productive and helpful, TT80 Cleric got the power of sleep that causes alot of problems a TT80 Veno purging causes alot of problems, same with stunnin Bms that HF/GS/MSS etc . or metal debuffing low geared seeker so the r9 archer can pew pew.

Play the role that's helpfull to ur nation and things are differant. Going in expecting to be a Morai gear superpower trying to tank ganks an solo the +12 Jsod is just common stupidity. The only thing i can dare to say seems not fair is the soulforce being a factor in personal points. Cause if the Morai Geared player busted his azz more then the r9, then that person should get more of the share of points. And no one can tell me otherwise cause one example i entered a map and it was won by my nation soon as i enter and the count was 3 v 0 and i got lil over 1k points for doing nuthing.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Luls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jsfj
    jsfj Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I'd dont like this idea becuase i play with my wife (computers side by side). An i play to have fun with her. And gear isnt a issuse shes R9rr +11/12 Full JoSD stage 4cubeneck, emp.. tome, matchless wing taken nx stage... the works, she could ez get in ne squad and have a godly nw but she still goes with my archer who isnt even close to that geared. and we do great, we just know when to run away from certain groups of ppl.b:chuckle