What do you think of the class summaries?

Options
Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
1. Start up PWI
2. Start Creating a new class
3. Check the new little ranking thingy that shows how the classes rank in Vitality, flexibility, teamwork, etc.
4. ???
5. Moan about how PWI can't get anything right and claim game is dying.

In all seriousness though, anyone find these a bit odd? Apparently Psys are tanky, according to this, as well as being sub-par in group battles. Meanwhile wizards are GODS!!!! at group fights and archers are the best 1v1 class ever.
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Well Psy can tank the Toad in fsp for example

While other classes beside barb have trouble tanking it.

Idk why the Seekers and Archers get less in Team work.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    When I saw it 1st time, I wondered if they may have been translated strangely. Here is what I thought they would mean :

Teamwork : I think it refers to buffs/heals and things like that
    Individual combat : 1 target damage
    Group combat : aoe damage
    Control : only one that makes sense : control skills
    Vitality : tankiness probably factoring in self heal and damage reduction skills
    Flexibility : movement speed maybe also counting anti-stun/slows

It's just my supposition but seen like that it does make sense globally imo.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    When I saw it 1st time, I wondered if they may have been translated strangely. Here is what I thought they would mean :

Vitality : tankiness probably factoring in self heal and damage reduction skills

Yah probably that's the meaning
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    My thought was it refers to how much this class is needed in team, it doesn't include only healing skills. For example, barb has no heals, but it's a good example of good team class.
    Not sure again, but maybe ability of a class to aoe efficiently matters here. Classes with many aoe skills suit here perfectly then.

Have payed attention to it not long ago, but who chooses a class according to what it's written there? You have chance to try all on low lvl or read opinions on site or in game, talk to experienced ppl before you make final choice. A person who is planning to lvl and gear his char seriously will find more info than this brief and inaccurate descriptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    My thought was it refers to how much this class is needed in team, it doesn't include only healing skills. For example, barb has no heals, but it's a good example of good team class.

Barb has 2 important squad buffs though. But yeah, could also be something like "usefulness to squad outside damage aspect" factoring amps, debuffs, aggro skills and such.
    Not sure again, but maybe ability of a class to aoe efficiently matters here. Classes with many aoe skills suit here perfectly then.

"Efficiency" of aoe depends a lot on PvE or PvP. I just think it refers to aoe ability/damage/efficiency/skills, rather then squadding like the term "group combat" suggests
    Have payed attention to it not long ago, but who chooses a class according to what it's written there? You have chance to try all on low lvl or read opinions on site or in game, talk to experienced ppl before you make final choice. A person who is planning to lvl and gear his char seriously will find more info than this brief and inaccurate descriptions.

I'm not sure about that tbh. I know I started with a class based on looks. To just start, I don't think it's a bad thing. If they were using appropriate terms, the little radars wouldn't be all that inaccurate. Even if traditional names already gave just as much information b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Actually, when playing a game that has descriptions like that I tend to choose ones that look like they'd fit my playstyle. Accuracy is important for this, and the work that was put into the stats is absolutely abysmal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I think it is either poorly translated or the Devs don't know their own class abilities.
    Archer would be wildly inaccurate if there aren't any translation errors. Even if they were poorly translated, archer is way too high on the control area. Lack of control ability is one of our major weaknesses, as our only control skills either have a chance to miss+fail or are feeble with immense chi cost.

Also according to the race info on the left side of the class selection screen, we are supposed to have black wings...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Options

I'd have to look again but I think I recall wiz being maxed on group combat whereas Psy and BM are so-so at it though. Pretty odd imo, given that the latter two can spam AOEs and the former certainly has AOEs, but needs lots of chi to use their best ones.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No one has time to look at those
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No one has time to look at those

"Hi everyone, I log into an MMORPG weekly and likely participate in at least 4 hours of content from the MMO per week.

Please do not waste my valuable time by asking me to look at some graphs for 2 minutes."
    I <3 AGOREY
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Because the graphs were made in China.
    And over there the graphs are probably correct, seeing the difference between the versions.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Also, top gear alters gameplay and behaviour of almost each class. Psychic in nv2+5 is not same as psychic r9r+12 even fitting with their squads, their roles in squad and tactics can be much different. Some classes can turn into something more complicated by getting another kind of gear. That summary can be not wrong for certain circumstances, just seems a bit obsolete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Because the graphs were made in China.
    And over there the graphs are probably correct, seeing the difference between the versions.

This probably explains it, tbh. I do recall there being a couple skills that are quite different by version.

Also, top gear alters gameplay and behaviour of almost each class. Psychic in nv2+5 is not same as psychic r9r+12 even fitting with their squads, their roles in squad and tactics can be much different. Some classes can turn into something more complicated by getting another kind of gear. That summary can be not wrong for certain circumstances, just seems a bit obsolete.

I'd agree but as I said, some things like Psychic not having maxed group PVP and archer having "the best" 1v1 PVP ability just seem absolutely ludicrous to me. b:laugh
    I <3 AGOREY