R999 Barb

LolliLoo - Sanctuary
LolliLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Barbarian
Hey all :) So I am trying to decide which class I would like to R9. Choices are between Mystic and Barbarian.

I know these two classes are completely different. Thus I wanted to know how it is like as a R9 barb.
I like mystic, yet for awhile I've always had my mind set on a R9 barb. Only main thing stopping me are the expenses of a barb.

Are barbs much more expensive than other classes? In terms of keeping alive in NW's and TW? Now in days everyone seems to need a charm and pots to keep alive, but in other words is a barb a pain in the bum to keep up with? Or do I need to be a cash shopper in order to have a chance in NW/TW?

The only PK I am interested in is NW's and TW. How are barbs in NW? From mystics point of view they seem pretty awesome.

Tell me why you guys chose to R9 your barbarian and if it was worth it b:thanks
Post edited by LolliLoo - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can play your barb in different ways.

The standard idea you get with a barb is of course a tank that takes insane amounts of dmg. Most likele a vit sage build. These barbs are obviously good cata pullers as they are nigh immortal. I think this is also a nice build to play in NW. You might have difficulties killing other people though, but hey, tanking half a dozen enemies who are too stupid to swap targets to your allies and have your allies kill them should work.

My barb is base vit, demon and has lots of str and some dex though. It does die rather easier, but it also kills easilly. With the demon onslought, some dex and max str, dmg output should easilly be double that of a vit sage barb. Tankability of a vit sage is probably double that of a str demon though. So yes they are totally different.

Even my lowly 30k HP barb goes trough 2 plat HPs in an NW with ease. I actually have to be a little carefull to make sure 2 are enough. A vit sage would probably use a lot more even if you are not carefull.

Other than that i dont think it matters all that much. Charmed and uncharmed PvP are a totally different league imo. Its not that a certain class needs it more than another, just that a charm tick on a barb is much more expensive. Same for equipment. You either are a mediocre r9 with mediocre refines and cheap shards, or you are an OP one with end game shards, refines, emperor, upgraded rings etc. That is important for everyone.

But i must say i have never played any other class beyond low level pve and i have never done TW either. So maybe i am wrong and other classes manage to barely ever tick their charm by staying out of the centre of battle. :p Doesnt look like it in NW from my point of view though, everyone drops like flies all the time including myself :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • LolliLoo - Sanctuary
    LolliLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ty WannaBM :) I'm not really a hard core pk player, but considering NWs is a good way to make money and at times fun, I'll do it.
    I just hate dieing constantly lol without getting a word in lol. But I guess a lot die frequently unless you are R999 +12 top shards. b:laugh
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    R9rr barb in PvE, just never dies and can pretty much full pull metal pav in warsong (with other DDs of course) and do just fine without a healer.

R9rr mystic on the other hand practically heals themselves fully in one cast... But the damage taken is approximately the same.

Mystic has range and many more CC.

Barb is desired in squads, make PvE life so much easier. Barb in PvP is kind of a toss up, since we are pretty much a class with floppy CC skills and mostly focused on suicide Armageddon or 'lol i never die, bring another 4 ppl'

Looking back, if I could r9rr any of the 10 classes, I would not choose Barbarian. PvP is not fun, and if I tried to make it fun it would be even more expensive than it is already.

Mystic casts once to heal themselves, yes?

R9rr barb with 30k HP takes like 9 crab meats and forever to recover HP. What's the point of a barb charging back into battle without most of the HP back?

I'd probably choose Assassin or Seeker. They I think are the most diversified, self-sufficient and OP classes that just cannot be topped (In full R9rr).

Another thing when it comes to landing hits.

Barb have less accuracy, we miss a laughable amount of times on freaking Mages... The best remedy is to shard weapon with really really good Ambers. Stacked with Bloodbath it's likely a decent geared r9rr barb may have 4k accuracy buffed, plus 20% chance to zerk on top of 16-22% crit.

Mystic will never miss, period. Small chance of crit.

* Barbs have spike damage out the ***, mystic is more reliable and you should get more consistant feedback
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont agree that we are only good for armageddon and always miss. Infact, with demon onslaught we crit like a sin and with high str our damage potential is fine in comparison to other classes. But that is as i said the difference between the barb playstyles to choose, i chose offensive. I rarely ever use armageddon in pvp though. I have 200 dex and dont miss much except on archers and sins, but that is their defence, they are supposed to evade us. Less dex should still be fine i think, maybe use shards instead yes.

now you talk about uncharmed pvp there you point out some good points. It is indeed a pain to get back your HPs after death. I usually just wait for my genie to be ready for TOP while i cast demon BKI to fill up my chi. It helps of course to be a healer class that can heal itself. On the other hand, uncharmed NW to make money, barbs got lots of hitpoints to soak dmg for contribution. I used to get 150 tokens average when i was NWing in my G16+6 just soaking up dmg and healing with TOP.

Charmed NW is obviously not profitable and just for fun or practice. Since uncharmed NW was no fun to me (because indeed it is agonizing to wait for that TOP and chi), i see pvp only as an expensive hobby. :) Indeed rather expensive for a barb
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.