mystic absorb soul damage testing.

Stewartboy - Archosaur
Stewartboy - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Mystic
before i finish saying what i came here to say, this is my opinion as do you all have your own so please no raging or acting all vainb:cute ....

oki i know this have been covered before but it seems unfair.. why when doing damage test on that NPC in west archo etc.. mystics ABSORB SOUL dont count. yes i know we have other damage skill and yes we can make other combos but that is not the point. the point of damage testing is taking your strongest skills and using in a combo to hit your hardest.. right? so why take away our strongest hitting skill?? mystics are already not a tuff hitter compared to other magic classes. it's kinda like.... taking away a barb's armageddon or that really op seeker hit. would not really be fair even though they already hit hard.. so my question is.. why take away the strongest skill we have in DT?

and before anyone say... if you dont like the damage make a new toon that can DT... well to that i say why should we make a new toon cauz pwi wont let a skill they give us work on this?? would yall like it if your class was in the mystic's shoes?.

and prolly a mod is gonna take this down for no reasonb:laugh so leave yall opinions.. remember no hating b:chuckle
Post edited by Stewartboy - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's a DoT- they have never been counted for any class. Also, our hardest hitting combo is leech, spark, rg, crit storm dance.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • Stewartboy - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    b:surrender seekers are op :p they can use any skill and it hits hardb:chuckle end game ofc but what i ment was you give a class that hits soft compared to others 1 good hitting skill then you dont count it as a damage b:surrender see my problem?
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seekers can't reach 600+ strength because of their high demand on dexterity to wield their weapon, also they have lower damage on their weapon (compared to mag weapons and bows), Zerk-crit won't make seeker as OP as a Wizard for example, the "OP" part is that seekers can transfer demon HF they receive from someone to the Test Mob.

But BMs can zerk crit on HF too and they still won't reach 4m damage like a wizard.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    According to me you can do a higher score wihout using AS actually...

Anyway it doesn't count for the same reason why it doesn't give any aggro on mobs/boss which is more important to me in certain situation (frog boss) that a score on that puppet.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well it's not just for the test damage ranking, but also when I use AS on other players sometime I don't have time or the good angle to see the damage I did and since it doesn't register I cannot check on the damage log.

Personally I would like to see AS register in the damage log, but not specially for the test damage ranking, just to see how much I do on people with it.

I would need to make some tests, but with debuffs and everything I think AS can do more damage than Storm Dance. There's a mystic of my server (not end game) that did one shot an end game archer (when I say end game I mean the most end game archer of all servers, the one with the nuema portal set and crown of madness) and I doubt he could have one shot with lucky+Storm dance even with the debuffs a mystic can use.

Also keep in mind that Storm dance demon version is broken and doesn't do the right damage. (An another advantages to be sages our skills are not broken =P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Err wait, isn't Absorb Soul super charged when a target has the Natures Vengeance effect on them??
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Well it's not just for the test damage ranking, but also when I use AS on other players sometime I don't have time or the good angle to see the damage I did and since it doesn't register I cannot check on the damage log.

Personally I would like to see AS register in the damage log, but not specially for the test damage ranking, just to see how much I do on people with it.

I have to agree with that even if it's still kinda fun to strike someone and when he checks his own damage log he doesn't see anything. But yeah if they technically can allow the damage to be logged without breaking AS particularity it could be useful.

I would need to make some tests, but with debuffs and everything I think AS can do more damage than Storm Dance. There's a mystic of my server (not end game) that did one shot an end game archer (when I say end game I mean the most end game archer of all servers, the one with the nuema portal set and crown of madness) and I doubt he could have one shot with lucky+Storm dance even with the debuffs a mystic can use.

Sure, but you're talking here about and endgame archer where as the puppet as zero defense (actually 1 xD). But the test would be interesting.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Stewartboy - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Err wait, isn't Absorb Soul super charged when a target has the Natures Vengeance effect on them??

yes it is but it doesnt count example... when you hit someone with it you cant see the damage you do in the damage log. and if damage testing it doesnt count as a damage^^ so in other words its our strongest skill and its there but not really there :p
  • Stewartboy - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    [QUOTE=I would need to make some tests, but with debuffs and everything I think AS can do more damage than Storm Dance. There's a mystic of my server (not end game) that did one shot an end game archer (when I say end game I mean the most end game archer of all servers, the one with the nuema portal set and crown of madness) and I doubt he could have one shot with lucky+Storm dance even with the debuffs a mystic can use.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

yes AS can do more damage than SD. my combo for AS to hit hard.. 3 spark storm+leech that chan+mag skill and well NV then AS :D can do sum 1m with it but it dont show thats my prob
    edited April 2014
    By the way, shouldn't that thread be in the mystic section?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't see that damage ranking being such a big deal. The only useful thing it's for is testing stuff on it, which still works because you can see the damage over the mob's head. And for bragging if you think damage on a 1 def point mob is something to brag about (you can make a screenshot of the damage appearing in this case). I find the complaint about the skill not appearing in the log more legit since you can't be expected to make screenshots in the middle of the action if you want to know or save what you hit others for. (<- find link for related vid)

But in either case, they'd have to change the skill from being a DoT to normal if you want that to happen, which means no more not interrupting sleep, no more going through expel, damage reductions etc., no more not ticking defense charms. Which obviously isn't worth it just to better see the damage. On the other hand having extreme poison or hf affect it sure would be drool-worthy. Advantages, disadvantages...

@ The damage on the test mob. End-game, an AS combo hits for more than a Storm Dance combo. The test mob is a mob (statement of the year) so it's gonna get 200% base magic damage which I explained in that other thread why that's good. If you want some numbers, right now with a Frenzy+Extreme Poison+all self-buffs+cleric buff Storm Dance crit(fine a somewhat broken SD - happy? :< not enough to change results though) I deal 940k-960k on the mob (highest was 966k). With a Frenzy+all self buffs+cleric buff+NV AS 1.3x crit I deal 1.04-1.08m on it.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seekers can't reach 600+ strength because of their high demand on dexterity to wield their weapon, also they have lower damage on their weapon (compared to mag weapons and bows), Zerk-crit won't make seeker as OP as a Wizard for example, the "OP" part is that seekers can transfer demon HF they receive from someone to the Test Mob.

But BMs can zerk crit on HF too and they still won't reach 4m damage like a wizard.
    False, seekers can easily reach 600 Strength, even before reincarnation seekers could hit 700 strength, I would say it is now possible for a seeker to reach 800-900 strength. Seekers really aren't as scary as alot of people make them out to be. Yes we have a lot of natural defense but we have only ONE very short control and anti control skill..if you're sage. Yes we hit alot (only when zerk/crit, because seekers actually have the lowest attack range in all the classes due to r9 being one handed sword) but majority of our kills are reliant on us zerking/critting. So think about this, a seeker is facing an opponent with similar gear, both r9. The seeker has no control or anti control capabilities and as to basicly survive till he gets lucky with a zerk crit. Imagine playing ur class and only being able to stun for 4 seconds every 90 seconds if you are sage. If demon then no stun at all! (I disregard archangel pet cause in most situations they die to quickly to be effective, the chi should rather be spent on something else). Now imagine (only if you're sage, demon get none) that you only have 1 anti-stun skill which last for 4sec and can be used every 60sec. Seekers are a very stagnant class, there is only so much you can do it improve your character. Mystics are far more versatile and have an wild array of tools at their disposal.

***Pker for me is defined as someone who pks around the World Map, not just in pk events such as TW,NW,Tourny...etc
    Now to address this thread. I personally believe Mystics are one of if not the most op pk class in the game. The wild misconception of mystics being weak is partly due to low interest in the class. To be rather blunt with it;There aren't alot of mystics and the mystics that are around usually do not pk. Typically if they do pk, it is restricted mainly directed to TW or NW. In the whole of Raging Tide server there is no active Mystic pker. (fights outside safe zone) I guess to "validifie" my point i should name the highlight of mystics and both sage/demon mystics.

Mystics:
    They have alot of control tools at their disposal
    They can redirect % of charm heal
    Purify proc

Sage Mystic Highlight: I know there are more but just stating the simple ones.
    iSage Nature's Vengeance They can pretty much spam heal them selves while having 25% chance to purify

Demon Mystic Highlight:
    Demon Thicket as chance of throwing hf on the target
    A 6 second cooldown purify heal (not spammable but still 35% chance to purify)
    Demon verdent shell= a mini tidal protection(20% chance to resist negative status) that can be on u 3/4 of the time (15secs out of the 20sec cooldown u will have this amazing buff)

I know there are alot more i can add but this isn't a guide or anything. I am in no way claiming to be an expert on the mystics class so feel free to discredit me. But i do understand that mystics have alot more potential than people think. It is probably a good thing so few endgame mystics pk :D, there would be plenty of threads asking for nerfs on mystics lol.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    I deal 940k-960k on the mob (highest was 966k). With a Frenzy+all self buffs+cleric buff+NV AS 1.3x crit I deal 1.04-1.08m on it.

The difference is not huge, and since you have the "demon" storm dance which is buggy it should even be closer.

Anyway I wanted to test myself as well (even though I know you're good at testing and I still don't have Storm dance :p) but full buffs I did more than 1M with NV, so can't use NV+AS combo...

Edit : Since you were self buffs only, I have to admit the difference would have increased with other buffs.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    False, seekers can easily reach 600 Strength, even before reincarnation seekers could hit 700 strength, I would say it is now possible for a seeker to reach 800-900 strength. Seekers really aren't as scary as alot of people make them out to be. Yes we have a lot of natural defense but we have only ONE very short control and anti control skill..if you're sage. Yes we hit alot (only when zerk/crit, because seekers actually have the lowest attack range in all the classes due to r9 being one handed sword) but majority of our kills are reliant on us zerking/critting. So think about this, a seeker is facing an opponent with similar gear, both r9. The seeker has no control or anti control capabilities and as to basicly survive till he gets lucky with a zerk crit. Imagine playing ur class and only being able to stun for 4 seconds every 90 seconds if you are sage. If demon then no stun at all! (I disregard archangel pet cause in most situations they die to quickly to be effective, the chi should rather be spent on something else). Now imagine (only if you're sage, demon get none) that you only have 1 anti-stun skill which last for 4sec and can be used every 60sec. Seekers are a very stagnant class, there is only so much you can do it improve your character. Mystics are far more versatile and have an wild array of tools at their disposal.

Wait, when you talk about control skills aren't you forgetting Heart Seeker, Quid, Staggering Strike coupled with Northern Sky Waltz and that Rewinding Gesture resets the CD of Voidstep. Also because of Rewinding Gesture sage Seekers can use Unfetters ant-stun twice, not to mention that Last Stand gives 6 secs of anti-stun. And still yet is Duelist's Glee that disarms the opponent and most classes can't use skills without a weapon equipped effectively creating anti-stun. Also again is the sage benefit of Blade Affinity, granted 50% chance isn't the best but I think still should be considered. You talk about range but seekers have tons of ranged skills, and with blade affinity you can throw a ton of ranged attacks at once (both physical and magical). From your statments I can only take it that you've never read the description or used 90% of seeker skills.

And to keep my post on topic- I agree that Absorb Soul should register damage, it doesn't make since that a skill that causes dmg doesn't register it.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    with cleric buff, invig, base crit dmg, mag rune, mag attack charm i use combo:
    leech mistress, master li technique, spark, chi pot, rapid growth, frenzy, ep, lucky break, storm dance ~ 1.25 - 1.36mil
    leech, master li, spark, nv, rapid growth, frenzy, AS proc ~ 1.16 - 1.27mil

I've tested many many times- they are close but the combo that does more damage, for me at least, is actually counted on the damage mob.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    The difference is not huge, and since you have the "demon" storm dance which is buggy it should even be closer.

Anyway I wanted to test myself as well (even though I know you're good at testing and I still don't have Storm dance :p) but full buffs I did more than 1M with NV, so can't use NV+AS combo...

Edit : Since you were self buffs only, I have to admit the difference would have increased with other buffs.

First world problems xD Well you can try de-equipping your weapon when doing NV and re-equipping it before AS just to put the buff on it.

I inlcuded cleric buff. The thing is I'm only 103-101-101 with +11 weapon, increasing mag points and mag attack would make the difference bigger. And spirit would make it lower since it doesn't affect AS.
    leech mistress, master li technique, spark, chi pot, rapid growth, frenzy, ep, lucky break, storm dance ~ 1.25 - 1.36mil

I've tested many many times- they are close but the combo that does more damage, for me at least, is actually counted on the damage mob.

The only thing that comes into mind that can make SD deal more are high spirit and those atk charms and rune. I forgot to include those, well couldn't get the charms anyway. What soulprime and lifeprime cards you have?
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait, when you talk about control skills aren't you forgetting Heart Seeker, Quid, Staggering Strike coupled with Northern Sky Waltz and that Rewinding Gesture resets the CD of Voidstep. Also because of Rewinding Gesture sage Seekers can use Unfetters ant-stun twice, not to mention that Last Stand gives 6 secs of anti-stun. And still yet is Duelist's Glee that disarms the opponent and most classes can't use skills without a weapon equipped effectively creating anti-stun. Also again is the sage benefit of Blade Affinity, granted 50% chance isn't the best but I think still should be considered. You talk about range but seekers have tons of ranged skills, and with blade affinity you can throw a ton of ranged attacks at once (both physical and magical). From your statments I can only take it that you've never read the description or used 90% of seeker skills.

And to keep my post on topic- I agree that Absorb Soul should register damage, it doesn't make since that a skill that causes dmg doesn't register it.
    Last Stand is very situational, you can only use it when you're about to die, thus i wouldn't qualify it as a control skill at disposal and the cooldown is 3minute...
    Quid Pro Quo can't be qualified as a control skill because it is not used for control, it is used for debuffs. No seeker would waste QpQ just to control someone. (silence is 4sec if ur sage, 3sec if demon)
    Yes Rewinding gesture (uses chi, seekers suck at maintaining chi) can reset voidstep and unfetter but the cooldown is 3minutes (again unfetter only as a 60sec cooldown with 4sec anti stun, void step is 90sec cooldown with 4sec stun and cost 1 spark, again only usable for sage)
    Sage Bladeaffinity: You are right this is a very useful skill. But in most situations a seeker would not use this skill for anti control, rather they might use it for burst attack.
    Duelist Glee and our stances. The proc-rate on Duelist glee is only about 20% great pk against casters. Our stances do give us a little room to kite/control i should have mentioned this, but all are by chance, we do not control when they hit, kinda like zerk. Yes we have the capability to do some control but it is no where near other classes and it is by chance.
    Range I never talked about range not sure where you saw that. And i never said seekers were weak I just said seekers aren't really as scary as people think. plus if you ever watch a sin(master of control) and seeker of equal skill and gear go at it all ull see is the seeker getting controlled while he runs around hoping for a chance to get a lucky zerkcrit. This isn't the thread to do so but if you want i can type you up a full analysis of how a seekers control/anti control would react with other classes. I'm not complaining i understand this is a way to balance the class.
    edited April 2014

Use TM for the AS combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Stewartboy - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    I And for bragging if you think damage on a 1 def point mob .

im not bragging nor is anyone who uses the npc for damage test. its all to see how much you can hit and for records. but think this form his gone way off the topic
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Use TM for the AS combo.

Mire won't do anything to a mob with 1 pdef. I actually used creeper lysing before both combos incase reducing that 1 pdef or mdef actually makes any difference/works.

What soulprime and lifeprime cards you have?

A cards, pretty standard spirit.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Spirit doesn't affect absorb soul...
    GG
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    Spirit doesn't affect absorb soul...
    GG

Yes, that was the point. That the bit of extra spirit, the mag atk. charm and the extra 5% damage on sage wood mastery all affecting SD and not AS would be enough to favor SD for him, contrary to my own damage. However I would've thought that the extra mag points from lvls and weapon refine would've compensated for that, that's why I'm still surprised.
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    before i finish saying what i came here to say, this is my opinion so why take away our strongest hitting skill?? mystics are already not a tuff hitter compared to other magic classes.

do you even mystic O.ob:shutup
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    because seekers actually have the lowest attack range in all the classes due to r9 being one handed sword

What?! Wait, what? Are you stupid? SINS, yes that is right,S.I.N.S.have the lowest physical attack/attack ranges of all classes in the whole game. Get ur facts straight bro. GG.