Content Update

Options
GreenLegend - Archosaur
GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
So looking at Arc News, it seems they're coming with a content update that claims:

"Perfect World International is approaching it's next content update! This update will include a wide arrange of additions to the game, bug fixes, and the addition of a new world boss, Sarokkan the Dragon-Touched..."

May we be enlightened on maybe what these "additions" will be?

Please and Thank You

Source: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3041483-preview_-sarokkan_-the-dragon_touched
Dreams are just dreams...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GreenLegend - Archosaur on

Comments

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So looking at Arc News, it seems they're coming with a content update that claims:

"Perfect World International is approaching it's next content update! This update will include a wide arrange of additions to the game, bug fixes, and the addition of a new world boss, Sarokkan the Dragon-Touched..."

Please and Thank You

Source: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3041483-preview_-sarokkan_-the-dragon_touched

1 Boss a week for an entire server really?

One OP squad will just dedicate time to farming him.... No one else will get a chance...
    Thanks PWI for being super fair.b:surrender
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The boss is already there... under a different name.
    I saw it the first day and some killed it that day too... as a cleric back then wearing r8r/g15 - it hit me for 1.8k. Which wasn't so bad... his HP is the issue.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1 Boss a week for an entire server really?

One OP squad will just dedicate time to farming him.... No one else will get a chance...
    Thanks PWI for being super fair.b:surrender

Ikr, unless its a quest that pops up in the vicinity of the boss/everyone gets a set reward, I for one see no point in going down there when 1 squad can do the most damage, and get all the loot to themselves.

Even if all the loot that the boss drops is automatically free to pick up for anyone there... I still wouldn't show up, as its difficult getting a drop when there is quite a few people there trying to pick up the drops.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    After looking over some of the core upcoming features on Wanmei's BBS and website, I'm not very excited for the upcoming patch. I'm expecting, as with every single content update, broken features, new bugs, and nothing to work as it's intended design.

I'll withhold any official bias until release.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Saw a couple of squads take that "new" boss out in about fifteen min. lol the complants where funny to watch, i guess only the tanking squad got to get the drops. the boss it self wasnt too impressive. i was able to hit it for ok damage..low mid teens to low 20's, wasnt in a party or party buffed. the only thing i can say, is i wish i had a cleric..lol when i didnt use an hp boost item i got hit for about 800-1k over my hp, and when i had an hp boost item going it still hit me for about the same beyound my hp.

meh... overall not real impressed with this new boss, i think what would make it more interesting if it would sommun mobs like the aeu boss does and go dammage immune until there dead and have each wave of mobs be stronger and more aggressive than the wave before. then maybe that poor chump would last longer then 5- 15 min.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    We've been farming this boss for 4 months now. It's worth the charm **** on 2x. Change the name and announce it and it's a new boss out of the sudden?

I dont think GMs even play their new content from China. I mean, really?

@DefenderOfDreams: I am not sure how PWE is allowing such errors to happen. It makes you guys, the team behind the game, look like amateurs. Really! b:sad
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    After looking over some of the core upcoming features on Wanmei's BBS and website, I'm not very excited for the upcoming patch. I'm expecting, as with every single content update, broken features, new bugs, and nothing to work as it's intended design.

I'll withhold any official bias until release.

But, every content update things work as designed.
    The game is designed to be broken.
    They do all those things fail on purpose, how else could EVERYTHING fail?
    I hope they don't come with more reawakenings, 2 is enough to make the game bad.

2 reawakenings are enough to make new players depressed and old players depressed on having to level their alts 2x to lv 100 again.

So no, I hope there are NO new rebirths.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Please and Thank You

not this?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1685791

the cabbage patch notes lists a **** ton of fixes and some new things this time b:cute well at least parrrttt of it >.> lets hope its not the only thing

New Features
    *Sarokkan, the Dragon-Touched has come to the Primal World! This new world boss appears every Saturday night at 22:00.
    *New title quests have been added for the Ancient Wall, Boundless Grasslands, Burning Heart and Etherblade.
    *Added a new reward for reaching level 105. Talk to the PW Gift Exchanger in Archosaur or the City of a Thousand Streams to receive 300 Event Gold. Characters who reached level 105 prior to this patch are not eligible for this reward.
    *Faction Mail has been added. Faction members with a rank of Marshal or higher can send mail to all members of their Faction for 500 coins. Money and items cannot be attached to Faction Mail.
    *White-named players will no longer drop items when killed by monsters.

Major bug fixes
    *Corrected a problem in which users with older installs were being prompted to reinstall the game when launching Arc.
    *It is now possible to complete the quest Guard the Camp - Time for the Living.
    *Auto-routing while on a ground mount no longer locks your character if it switches to your flyer.
    *Venomancers can once again summon flying pets in midair.
    *Completing the City of Abominations no longer spams the entire server with 200 messages about the winner.
    *The coordinates assistant now allows you to auto-route to custom coordinates in the Place of Origination and Primal World.

Dungeons
    *Secret Passage, Eden and Brimstone Pit have received updated maps.
    *Additional Jackelman Slaves and Peachyard Treerats have been added to Abaddon.
    *Hidden Dragons in Undercurrent Hall have had their HP reduced.

Items
    *The Puzzle Cube Patroller has arrived in northeastern Archosaur to upgrade your Puzzle Cube Badge.
    *General Summer's longbow now glows blue, for consistency with other three-star weapons.
    *Silvery Bracers can no longer be dyed.
    *The crafting time for the Warsoul Tag in the City of Abominations has been reduced.

Quests
    *The Last Leopard quest no longer has a level requirement higher than the level cap.
    *Jolly Old Jones' Dragon Points quest has been removed.

Skills
    Barbarian
    *The Sage version of Strength of the Titans now consumes the correct amount of mana.

User Interface
    *The Cash Shop purchase interface now defaults to a quantity of 1, rather than 0, and closes after buying an item.
    *Bind on Equip crafted gear is now properly labeled as such when being sold in Consignment Shops.
    *The character limit on Faction slogans has been increased from 50 to 80.
    *Quests are now organized into seven categories in the quest log: Daily Quests, Cycle, Main Quests, Side Quests, Event, Faction and Battle.
    *Added three new buttons to quests on the quest tracker:
    **The first button will show you the quest objective on the map.
    **The second button will send a message over Squad Chat with your quest progress. If you are not in a Squad, it will instead be sent to Normal Chat.
    **The third button will remove the quest from the tracker.
    *The quest tracker display has been updated to be easier to read.
    *Completed quests will now automatically be placed at the top of the quest tracker.
    *A new Mission Location Display button has been added to the world map. Clicking it will display the locations of all currently tracked quests.
    *Quest icons above NPCs' heads are now color-coded to reflect the quest type.
    *You may now right-click an item in your bag to sell it to a consignment shop, rather than dragging it into the window.
    *The layout of the title window has been changed to more clearly display the stats from your currently-owned titles.
    *The Refine Equipment interface has been streamlined.
    *There is now an option to display dead and/or high-scoring players on the Nation Wars map.
    *The Genie skill True Emptiness now uses the same icon for the skill list as the Learn Skill menu.
    *Female Seeker character presets are no longer named "maleseeker."
    *The Buy Gold button in the Bidding Hall will now properly open in the Arc overlay.
    *Viewing another character's Player Info will now show how many times they have reawakened.
    *Fixed a bug preventing you from exchanging more than one Undercurrent Coin at a time.
    *You can now exchange Warsong Emblems for Wraith Officer's Badges in bulk at the Watcher of the Earth.

Localization
    *Black and White Voodoo now display the proper Attack and Defense Level increases.
    *Miscellaneous localization fixes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I dont like this boss event either.
    only the OP cashers have chance to get the kill..others no matter how hard they try, wont get it.

It would be nice if that boss would be just like the bird event in south arc.
    that at the end every1 has a chance for some lil reward. :) not just 1 person or 1 op squad
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I dont like this boss event either.
    only the OP cashers have chance to get the kill..others no matter how hard they try, wont get it.

It would be nice if that boss would be just like the bird event in south arc.
    that at the end every1 has a chance for some lil reward. :) not just 1 person or 1 op squad
    the 'boss event' was already there since the start of the primal expansion b:surrender
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1 OP squad farming world bosses right after they spawn is rather frustrating, especially with those ones you need for title quests(but that's a whole other rant >.>).

But I also look at it like this; if you've got the gear, squad and/or skill to down the boss before anyone else, then you're entitled to the loot, you've earned it. And if I was in one of those squads and even though we did the most damage, everyone else got rewarded for it, I would be irritated.

I do also sympathize with the other side, where not being in the pinnacle of end game gear means you don't even have a chance at world bosses, squaded or not.

But what's the solution? If you increase boss spawns there is nothing stopping the same squad of OPs from consistently farming the bosses and alternately; if all the drops were free to pick up then you would have a bunch of people waiting in the wings to snipe the drops when the boss dies. Either way someone loses.

The Auspicious Event is one solution to this, but even then, you have people who complain about time issues and whatever other reason that they miss it. (Which in my opinion is an invaild reason since you're the one that chose to play on the server that you're on.)

Here is my solution; Missive(-esque). Non-public instanced bosses. Each squad member would be required to take a once per week quest within the instance to spawn the boss. Once taken, the same person cannot retake the quest until the next reset and all members must take the quest in order to spawn the boss. This would ensure that bosses aren't farmed repeatedly, that everyone has a chance for the kill, and that drops aren't sniped by passers-by. And if each instanced boss had lvl restrictions it would give something else for people to look forward to when they reached a milestone. Not a perfect plan but I pose this to you PWI communty: What's your solution?
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Here is my solution; Missive(-esque). Non-public instanced bosses. Each squad member would be required to take a once per week quest within the instance to spawn the boss. Once taken, the same person cannot retake the quest until the next reset and all members must take the quest in order to spawn the boss. This would ensure that bosses aren't farmed repeatedly, that everyone has a chance for the kill, and that drops aren't sniped by passers-by. And if each instanced boss had lvl restrictions it would give something else for people to look forward to when they reached a milestone. Not a perfect plan but I pose this to you PWI communty: What's your solution?

I like that idea, a lot. That odds of that ever happening though are slim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
    edited April 2014
    Options
    But what's the solution? If you increase boss spawns there is nothing stopping the same squad of OPs from consistently farming the bosses and alternately; if all the drops were free to pick up then you would have a bunch of people waiting in the wings to snipe the drops when the boss dies. Either way someone loses.

The Auspicious Event is one solution to this, but even then, you have people who complain about time issues and whatever other reason that they miss it. (Which in my opinion is an invaild reason since you're the one that chose to play on the server that you're on.)

But wouldnt that be the exact reason pwi put in FSP? So you can farm for cards, not weekly but at a daily rate.
    Those who have the gear to combat the high bosses, didnt exactly win all the gear by lucky lottery. CC or farming, they still worked in some way for the trade off.
    So no, asking for a (pretty much) freebie once-a-week-S-card-drop-chance without the competition of beating other factions AND your squad mates for that equivalent of a WBs 1 (or 2) S card isnt exactly a good idea. Its just feels like endless pampering that would slowly eat its way into normal world bosses and pple asking pwi to give them super buffs so that all players on NW/TW field could play "equally".
    >.>
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    But wouldnt that be the exact reason pwi put in FSP? So you can farm for cards, not weekly but at a daily rate.
    Those who have the gear to combat the high bosses, didnt exactly win all the gear by lucky lottery. CC or farming, they still worked in some way for the trade off.
    So no, asking for a (pretty much) freebie once-a-week-S-card-drop-chance without the competition of beating other factions AND your squad mates for that equivalent of a WBs 1 (or 2) S card isnt exactly a good idea. Its just feels like endless pampering that would slowly eat its way into normal world bosses and pple asking pwi to give them super buffs so that all players on NW/TW field could play "equally".
    >.>

I am not going to try and guess at the reason(s) that PWI introduced FSP.

I don't see how giving everyone the chance to kill the boss equals endless pampering. Especially considering you would still have to form a squad and battle it out to get the drops. And even then, and assuming the squad is on random, with a chance drop and a chance of the chance drop going to you, I see even less how it would equate to pampering. As to my suggestion making it's way to all world bosses; I actually had all of them in mind when I thought of it.

I don't entirely disagree with what you've said though. I can understand the elation of being the 'winner' when battling it out with another squad for dmg dominance on a boss, it makes you feel like the effort you put into gearing your character was worth it. But doesn't PvP accomplish that same effect? If so, I don't see what the big deal would be if, regardless of gear, all players had the opportunity of a chance at a chance drop chancing to them.

Honestly, I don't see how a G15/G16 having a few S cards will be an equalizer on the fields of TW/NW. Also, everyone one having an equal chance at getting a chance at an S card once a week doesn't seem like it would manifest some need in the player base to beg PWI for some mythical super buff so they can win in NW/TW. Not that such a buff doesn't already exist(to an extent) in NW and not that people don't already do some such whining of the sort... >.>
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • jsfjr
    jsfjr Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    theres nothing in this game to hard, or cant be farmed by 1 person, even FSP can be solo'd by barbs or pys... it would just take a very long time that isnt worth it, unless u can auto attack multi acc's. i have seen this done on dreamweaver by a barb playen 5 char an tanken toad and doing axes. If you dont have the gear, then farm more if you cant cash it. As for equal playen terms, there will nvr be, even R9rr +12 can be killed. Am just a lonely barb with crappy damage and not getting drops from this boss doesnt bother me keeps prices stable (somewhat).
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I can finaly finish that dammed untrashable quest ,..,
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I can finaly finish that dammed untrashable quest ,..,

ega my love <3

not to forget the new free inventory/bank slot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    drheal wrote: »
    We've been farming this boss for 4 months now. It's worth the charm **** on 2x. Change the name and announce it and it's a new boss out of the sudden?

I dont think GMs even play their new content from China. I mean, really?

@DefenderOfDreams: I am not sure how PWE is allowing such errors to happen. It makes you guys, the team behind the game, look like amateurs. Really! b:sad

no they don't...none of the devs for perfect world actually play they game. if they did they would see how insipid their updates are.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

I don't see how giving everyone the chance to kill the boss equals endless pampering. Especially considering you would still have to form a squad and battle it out to get the drops. And even then, and assuming the squad is on random, with a chance drop and a chance of the chance drop going to you, I see even less how it would equate to pampering. As to my suggestion making it's way to all world bosses; I actually had all of them in mind when I thought of it.

I don't entirely disagree with what you've said though. I can understand the elation of being the 'winner' when battling it out with another squad for dmg dominance on a boss, it makes you feel like the effort you put into gearing your character was worth it. But doesn't PvP accomplish that same effect? If so, I don't see what the big deal would be if, regardless of gear, all players had the opportunity of a chance at a chance drop chancing to them.

Honestly, I don't see how a G15/G16 having a few S cards will be an equalizer on the fields of TW/NW. Also, everyone one having an equal chance at getting a chance at an S card once a week doesn't seem like it would manifest some need in the player base to beg PWI for some mythical super buff so they can win in NW/TW. Not that such a buff doesn't already exist(to an extent) in NW and not that people don't already do some such whining of the sort... >.>

cause with the new updates pvp has become even more broken and now that more and more events a pve/pk based, the guy who choose not to be a sin barb psy or arhcer is getting left out even further in the cold.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Those events offer nothing useful. So us classes left out in the cold, have a nice camp fire we're all sitting around in a circle.
    edited April 2014
    Options

i dunno i think for me it all boils down to everyone wanting a fair share of what every level has.

Basically like a lv10 wanting to do a lv10 warsong.
    "We cant reach that content, can you dumb it down for our level too?"

sorta thing
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i dunno i think for me it all boils down to everyone wanting a fair share of what every level has.

Basically like a lv10 wanting to do a lv10 warsong.
    "We cant reach that content, can you dumb it down for our level too?"

sorta thing

but if a single squad can just farm it and track it by spawn time, then it becomes a feature for 1-10 ppl only.

i think WBs should have the ability to make competing to kill the boss more eventful, like a (yeah this is more of a pve sorta thing)long-range AOE that turns everyone white name for 10-15 secs (making the actual racing a bit more competitive on pve) or maybe universally have the WBS span at random and in random locations.

i think the idea of WBs is actually played out these days. as long as you can't squad and enter an instance, the feature will not be available for 99.9% of the population.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    but if a single squad can just farm it and track it by spawn time, then it becomes a feature for 1-10 ppl only.

i think WBs should have the ability to make competing to kill the boss more eventful, like a (yeah this is more of a pve sorta thing)long-range AOE that turns everyone white name for 10-15 secs (making the actual racing a bit more competitive on pve) or maybe universally have the WBS span at random and in random locations.

i think the idea of WBs is actually played out these days. as long as you can't squad and enter an instance, the feature will not be available for 99.9% of the population.
    and that is why you should hurry up and play pwi