New Frastrike only freezes

justinas91111
justinas91111 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Blademaster
Just wasted 30 blood for new farstrike because it only freezes for 3 second and does not stun... heads up for all that thought to get this skill!
Post edited by justinas91111 on

Comments

• XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, it is true it only freezes but I find the increase in damage is nice as well as extending the range. Furthermore, I like it for those pesky classes that try to run away because it never misses and freezes them long enough to in my case throw a blade hurl to disarm, then reckless rush and use new dragon rising to stun them and deal extra damage.

Personally I like the skill and if there are others like me that seem to use spear/polearms more in tw/nw by 66% vs 33% hammers/axes and play very defensively (I am only G16 atm) I still get quite few 1 shots on squishy/ semi-squishy classes and more than a few QQs because I annoyed others and stopped them from attacking the tank or I assisted another DD in killing them.

No, its not a stun but its still something more than we had before.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I posted that it wasn't a stun 3 days ago in the 1 v 1 thread. Too bad you didn't read that 1st.
  • justinas91111
    justinas91111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes the added dmg and range is good and even if it freezes over stun is still better then nothing. I just hate that i got misinformed by the skill description and prioritized to get this skill sooner. And too bad i didnt read that 1vs1 thread was searching for a topic related to the primal skills or the skill itself.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The freeze and the damage was tempting but after realizing purge pole wont proc using it no more i decided not to get it. Hell Dragon Rising with with a pole is nice damage as well however.

I think the freeze is still good however and has its uses.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I fought a bm that did have this skill while i was on my alt. And to my suprise dye to Primal Farstrike..there was no escaping the Bm. I do wish purge would proc with it cause then i would get it in a heart beat. Damn what to do QQ?
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The freeze and the damage was tempting but after realizing purge pole wont proc using it no more i decided not to get it. Hell Dragon Rising with with a pole is nice damage as well however.

I think the freeze is still good however and has its uses.

In my opinion Primal Farstrike is far superior to Level 11. It never misses, it can freeze people that are trying to kite, and gives more chi. The fact that it freezes someone is absolutely amazing, it allows you to stop someone from getting away just long enough to get in rage. You can wear out their speed buff a bit if they have one. You get enough time to close a bit of distance and leap, if you catch them at the right time you can even leap right to them (though that's not very often). The only thing you lose in return for this is the chance to purge, however given how low a chance it is to actually purge and how in most cases a long range purge does nothing for a BM as the target will likely be able to rebuff or continue kiting, you're only missing out in group fights IF you would luck out and get the purge. However, in group PvP your main job is CC and supporting your squad, so that's not much of an issue. Once we're in close we can start our lock, and work the purge pole's auto attack into that lock. Primal Farstrike makes this a bit easier, as well as having respectable damage and an increase in chi.
    I fought a bm that did have this skill while i was on my alt. And to my suprise dye to Primal Farstrike..there was no escaping the Bm. I do wish purge would proc with it cause then i would get it in a heart beat. Damn what to do QQ?

As I mentioned earlier the loss of a purge proc on the skill isn't THAT big of an issue, I actually prefer the freeze to the purge. You don't use Farstrike at close range anyway and in most cases the chance to purge on a long range skill isn't THAT great. I mean, it's nice to get a purge from range then leap and begin your lock, but honestly if the target rebuffs before you can get in close it's mostly just a waste of time. You aren't going to force their resources unless you can get in close before they rebuff and if you purge from a range they will most likely be able to do so. It comes down to personal preference, do you want to purge? Or do you want to have an extra skill that will allow you to keep on your target?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
This discussion has been closed.