Give back the class rolls like was long ago

Options
Shadowvzss - Harshlands
Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestion Box
idk if somebody notice but 3rd +12 sin mostly could solo everything, similiar bm etc, dont missunderstand me, i don't want talk against a class but this game lost the original pw feeling, class concept, where we made zhen with lurers/cleric bb and aoe zheners like archer wizz for leveling or made tt with barb tanking and others dd and with healer, each class was with roll, not like now, a class can do everything now with uber refine mostly in solo or duo.

instead mixing the class (make similiar every caster, suggest to tanks make dd role like str barb/seeker because more superior in pve and in pvp, or aps) or instead make huge boost on boss or make more unbalanaced the game like the new horizon patch and stats, so now could make the dev team a real solution to going back to root where was excelent class concept (instance need more than 1-2 class) and pretty balanced game, alot people lost the feeling and not because old game, just too easy few stuff with +12 aps with bp and don't really requiment anymore others...game overgrowned itself
Post edited by Shadowvzss - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    idk if somebody notice but 3rd +12 sin mostly could solo everything, similiar bm etc, dont missunderstand me, i don't want talk against a class but this game lost the original pw feeling, class concept, where we made zhen with lurers/cleric bb and aoe zheners like archer wizz for leveling or made tt with barb tanking and others dd and with healer, each class was with roll, not like now, a class can do everything now with uber refine mostly in solo or duo.

instead mixing the class (make similiar every caster, suggest to tanks make dd role like str barb/seeker because more superior in pve and in pvp, or aps) or instead make huge boost on boss or make more unbalanaced the game like the new horizon patch and stats, so now could make the dev team a real solution to going back to root where was excelent class concept (instance need more than 1-2 class) and pretty balanced game, alot people lost the feeling and not because old game, just too easy few stuff with +12 aps with bp and don't really requiment anymore others...game overgrowned itself

The fact you need to keep in mind is that its always easy to say go back to the root, to the thing it was first but unfortunatly it is not that easy as it sounds. Going totally back to what it was is not possible, the only way to go back to balance is having the devs doing some major change into the actual game.

Maybe new gear could solve the balance but then still in the end it'll only cost the community more and more unless PWI starts lowering their price on other stuff.
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I assume that you don't remember at all that almost everyone was rolling venomancers to solo TT or other instances....
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

You are right.

PW was very good long ago, way before BH or genies. Lv 60 guildies going to TT to farm eachone's weapons, then at lv 70 farming each and every person's full gears. Endgame was at lv 80~ people couldn't get any higher and those at that point weren't much OP compared to the 70's.

I think, maybe we should go back in time and undo all the bad choices, like, for example allowing APS to exist in first place.

I have researched a lot and played many games, good MMORPGs have the level capped at 60 or 80, there are like 2 good endgame gears and a 'super endgame gear' which are not too much more OP than the other 2. But most importantly: In those games you can farm for gears in-game, they drop ready to use from bosses on smartboxes that turns into a Bind-on-Pickup fit-to-class piece of gear, being that ultra endgame gears are an upgrade of those endgame gears, plus materials from a hard instance.

The game with T has the best gear improving/gear add reroll system I have ever seen:
    - You use a certain number of improvement items (like the mirage celestone of there, which drop from instances) plus a piece of sacrifical gear of same tier. (there are lame high tier gears just for this purpose also dropped from instances). Improvement level DOES NOT reduce if it fails (you just lose the materials used in the attempt).
    - There are some 'identification scrolls' you can use to change adds from gear, some adds are gear specific and will be naturally locked, those which can be rolled can be locked manually consuming a 'spellbind' item (the number of spellbinds consumed is TIER*NumberOfAddsLocked). This way you can reach any adds combination you wish, without having to be super ultra lucky (or a nearly impossible chance) Also this reroll process does not change improvement levels from gears (You can do with any gears at +12 if you wish, no fear losing improvement levels).

In short: In the game with T, it is impossible to lose any improvement level from gears.

PWI just sucks in most of it system, time to renew or close the doors.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I assume that you don't remember at all that almost everyone was rolling venomancers to solo TT or other instances....

venos never soloed any tt before herc, exclude solo mode, and even when soloed then was long...

i remember because i (with archer) was in pw my-en too with veno friend in tt 1-1/1-2, but he never was able solo example ashura... so far from 3-x

lol and belial in tt? was tactic+team how to kill not just rambo and solo (like archer jumped down used sharptooth and if agroed enough tiem 3 minion appeared and went to corner to able kill minions 1by1 without agro the boss, same time cleric healed him, then barb started tank the boss, cleric started ressurect/reivive the non tankish chars around the boss hehe)

anyway in tw was fun all 6 class, all got chance (even veno with ripping bite/flesh ream bug) :p

The fact you need to keep in mind is that its always easy to say go back to the root, to the thing it was first but unfortunatly it is not that easy as it sounds.

not easy since everytime they just make more and more far from balanced beging and make more and more op gears and make more unbalanced the class's then they try fix it somehow and **** other thing
    Endgame was at lv 80~ people couldn't get any higher and those at that point weren't much OP compared to the 70's.

even lv100 was ok, was no problem, even rank 8 was killable by 2 tt99...

op the gear and stat now.... long ago wizz got 15% critical then was damn nice, end gamish now only nw tome give half of that amount...

too huge the difference now, even 10 tt99 cant kill a r9 3rd people, r9 just press something pot and 1hit 1by1 any tt people even if vit barb (what kinda rare)
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I want to agree with this idea, but could you imagine the uproar and rage it would cause if it went back to how it was x.x?

I liked how it was, but I also like aspects of how it is, which is why I'm still playing.

I do agree with the idea of increased difficulty instances, or at least something to urge people to run it with traditional roles, such as toad boss in Flowsilver needing a kitty. But the downside to that is, of course, the amount of QQ that comes with it. The fact that it is almost mandatory to have a barb for the instance really annoys the hell out of a lot a people. I personally never had a problem with getting a tanker, but alas, some groups look for hours for someone to tank from what I've heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]