Scammer Warning

Xainou - Sanctuary
Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Twilight Temple (West)
Yep, there's another one of them going around. They will pretend to speak bad english and join your faction. Shortly after that, fake officer chars with an I switched for an l will pm members to check out a new faction site looking like

factionpwi.xyz

It's very badly made but comes with a "live chat" that prompts you to enter your information. Do not under any circumstances do that. The scammer will take over your account, spam your friends and steal your stuff.

The account that was used to try this in our faction is called something like yawmingxyz.

Officer beware and alert your members, be wary if you get shady applications.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
Post edited by Xainou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• mazrim87
    mazrim87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    first off never give out your info, second use what i call a "dump email" for the game, go to an email site and make an email, create pwi account then never use that email again, and def do not use it for a faction site..seriously I been playing for 6 years now and never been ****, know why, i never give out info plain and simple, if you are stupid enough to hand them your info you deserve to get ****
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    another is arc pwi it has a ok looking website with codes that offer free cards, charms and other stuff. HOWEVER you dont put in a code. you select a server and reward then put in your id and password. The codes do not work in the arc client done seperatly all you will be doing, is giving out your info.