edited April 2014 in Chronicles
can anyone tell me how we can kill this function like permanent
Post edited by Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    AFAIK it doesnt launch if Arc is shut down, at least I couldn't find it in the processes list while I had Arc shut down.

atm I'm unable to check things myself, but what you could do is check your msconfig and look at which services and processes launch at starting up your computer, just disable anything that's Arc related.

And use the launchbypatcher method on elementclient.exe or remove tab_strings.txt from the patcher folder (or strings_tab.txt, whatever it was named) to bypass arc.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver
    Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if you have PWI running you cant shut it down, even if you shut down arc, overlay.exe will still be running
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if you have PWI running you cant shut it down, even if you shut down arc, overlay.exe will still be running

Don't launch PWI at all through Arc should work I guess.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Using elementclient.exe for all your clients (and none through Arc) has no ArcOSOverlay.exe active. As soon as you have one client run through Arc you get that.
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    right click the file in your process and open up properties. then go into its permisiions and disable write read and execute for all users and admins if you do that it cant be run on your computer just make sure you dont change the modify setting
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    uninstall arc xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Once I killed arc thru task manager and closed the client that had been opened thru Arc, then reopened a new client from elementclient.exe, the Arc overlay went away. Need a way to permanently disable
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Question asked and answered (see above) to reduce the amount of Arc threads I'm gonna close this.

If you'd like to discuss this issue in general, please go here --> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311

If you'd like to add your complaint/suggestion about the Arc overlay feature in specific, you can add it to the official thread for usage problems here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1683301

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.