why people don't play the correct server?

Mazumii - Dreamweaver
Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
seriously what is the point of having east coast servers and west coast servers, when people from Brazil and other countries come to an east coast server to play. I don't get it, why not not play a different version of pwi, instead they come to an american server and speak their foreign language, and when in squad with them if you ask them to do a certian thing they 99% of the time say "I can't speak english sorry".....is there a way for maybe the pwi staff to region lock these type of people, cause it is very annoying.
Post edited by Mazumii - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh i agree on that!
    I had Faction mates leave cause were not on enough... lol x] * Were on plenty during our time*
    Time Zones difference and they come to our server..so i dont get it..
    Maybe to meet new people but still they cant exactly come to NW or Bh Reset etc...b:bye
  • SeaGinger - Archosaur
    SeaGinger - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Plays a game named Perfect World International gets angry at there being people from different nations

GG b:victory
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Plays a game named Perfect World International gets angry at there being people from different nations

Just another silly thing people are willing to complain about. :$ (Not that I am immune to complaining about 'silly' things)... but yea we can so apply that saying ... 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' here... just switch in silly for beauty. :$

Edit: Don't get me wrong I too have my pet peeves about it, but to be honest I am sure most of the annoyances/frustrations are mutual... but yea most of the time I am fairly patient with people who 'say' they don't speak English very well/at all. :$ EDIT2: :$ Still if you can't read/write it at all, you would indeed be better off going to another faction, or sadly perhaps a whole new server that is more suited to the language you are able to speak. :$

That would be like me going to japan/a foreign server/game and expecting others to speak English/unwilling to adapt/not go where others do understand me... so I can have a better shot at succeeding. I just hope that if I do ever get.. lucky enough to visit another country they are tolerant of me/I don't butcher their language. :$ I butcher the english language enough already. lol (Yes its my first language... and a lisp holds me back quite a bit... still tolerance does go a hell of a long way.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ..when in squad with them if you ask them to do a certian thing they 99% of the time say "I can't speak english sorry"...

You are lucky if the can say it like that usually for me they say ''me no english''.

Make me a favor, go read the definition of the word international please. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to be honest, here...
    When I first started playing PW, I didn't look at what part of the world each server was in. I just liked the name Heaven's Tear, so I joined that server. By the time I realized the time zone differences, I had already met some great people.

If PW allows them in, they have the right to play. I should totally make a thread called "why do people complain about random parties?"
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2014

International is just part of the name and a marketing strategy. There are a lot of posts where people are demanding to adjust times to fit their needs when they are not even the intended market area. This wont happen.

PWE runs PWI and is owned by pw-cn and aimed at the North American Market, but is licensed in South American Countries (two actually). People may not realize or rather play in this market than their own. Just because someone can play on the server does not mean they are the intended market. It is the nature of the internet and what gov's allow or disallow connections to.

This is also the reason we may not have items and such in our version that others do(pets fashion ect). Licensee's have full ability to introduce or limit what is or what is not available in the game. Most of the public servers around the globe (link below) started as private servers or low budget ones. And also at one time you could buy a private server license that generally had the same benifits/restrictions any other licensee had but was not an official release ect. They would even help you set it up. I am not sure if they still do this.

There are two versions of Perfect World, the one we have which is item based transaction model and the original which is a time based model. A lot of people think PWI is licensed to PWE and that is not the case.

Owned market areas and License map
    http://www.pwrd.com/en/international/overseas/region/region.shtml

Licensee's
    http://www.pwrd.com/en/international/overseas/games/20100120/44453.shtml
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    seriously what is the point of having east coast servers and west coast servers, when people from Brazil and other countries come to an east coast server to play. I don't get it, why not not play a different version of pwi, instead they come to an american server and speak their foreign language, and when in squad with them if you ask them to do a certian thing they 99% of the time say "I can't speak english sorry".....is there a way for maybe the pwi staff to region lock these type of people, cause it is very annoying.

What you do here it's called xenophoby.
    Why just don't you take a shotgun and start shoot people in pwi server casue they talk other language than yours?
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am of the opinion that if you intend to play a game in which the majority of the players speak english, you should have a pretty good grasp of english before trying. But they are free to do as they chose. I can only speak for my server, the Brazilian server. Most of those guys you see think they're better off here.

I'm brazilian, live in Brazil (derp) and I'll try to list some of the reasons why brazilian players migrate from PW-BR to PWI.

I will start from the assumption that they came to this server because someone else plays here and told them 'oh it's much better there' or they just figured that if it's american it works better than anything brazilian (on a side note, with all the server crashes, scammers, lack of online GM's/support and *insert your reason here*, this turns out not to be the case at all).

1. Inflation. Last time I checked on my server (Cygnus, if anyone has any better or more up-to-date info about it than me feel free to correct me) just to buy a spot for FC heads it was over 500k. Needless to say in here you can power level more, and go to end-game faster. Gold is terribly expensive there, to the point buying 1 single tele from the boutique is 300 gold and a 3.00 EG flyer is 16000 gold (no, not a typo). 1 40 dollar card = 3200 gold I think, so things from the boutique are more expensive than here. For the sake of comparison, a tele on a catshop for sale is around 29k right now. Same goes for tokens of luck.

2. End game content. We are 1 expansion behind PWI as of right now, so one of the reasons could be 'go over to PWI, there's a new area for high levels there'. But that's not all. Something I absolutely love, but most power-hungry players hate, is that rep is not buyable there. There are a handful of r9's on a server, you could know them all by name. R8's are a little more common. Also, no g16 (as far as I know T3/Nirvana 3/g16 is a PWI only thing, it only exists here), so there you have another reason for players of any server to migrate: 'come over to PWI cause end game gear is 10x cheaper than in our server and 5x more powerful'. The gear cap on the Brazilian server is Nirvana g15.

3. Idiots. If you complain about having too many in this server, imagine a server populated of nothing but brazilians. Yes, we pretty much are idiots. The majority of us are at least, so the odds of only nice, articulate brazilians migrating is nill. I had to put up with a looooot of those, they seem to multiply when you are in a PvP server, or that's the feeling I got when used to play there 6 years ago anyway...

And then there's also the fact that most brazilians I saw here (the non-hardcore ones anyway) are kids or act like kids. All they want to do is play here and then go back to their friends and say they were talking to an actual american, or playing what the americans do. How cool is that, right?!? lol

The game is a few years behind over there. It's still alive. You still see some low level players running around at starting zones, no blessings, no rebirths, and all you have as a low level character is the now extinct supply stash. NW came over but it's not a thing, for 60 tokens make only 1 rapture crystal. People still do Nirvana and Caster Nirvana. The population and the economy are still taken over by APS classes. Still, I would go back to the brazilian server and start over if I could drag my friends with me.

As I said up there, I agree that it is annoying, but you would need a hell of a reason to block those areas (Egypt was blocked 2 or 3 years ago because they had too many scammers on that area), because there are a LOT of South American players that dump tons of dollars in this game, and that's what they want, remember? Blocking South America region would bring more immediate deficit than immediate profit.

All I can say is that as a brazilian that can speak english half-decently, I feel you, and I apologize if it makes any difference. b:surrender
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This reminds me of forsaken world and how I got stuck on a french server

I SWEAR I didn't read that it was french, anywhere! so I didn't have an idea what I was doing

And now, I hate both, FW and French people (sorry)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm kind a surprised this thread still going on even is full of xenophobia and hate toward other nations.

You should be all a shamed for all your ignorant comments. Its just a freaking game and let people playing it, cause would be closed long time ago if all other nations leave it and only all mighty USA people stay in it.

DW is server with lot of people who are not form USA and thats why we don't have problem with population and not qqing every week for servers merge.

Get your heads from your all might a**** and be grateful that we paying so you can play your game.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is why we need server transfers, and why bit ch about other people, rednecks love EU money apparently so cater to them also not only muricans, would be lovely if we could move so all the ( this game is only for Americans, America **** yeah and other BS) bigots could rot in your old servers with your time zones with other hamburger munchers, I`d transfer w/o thinking even to the fked up economy Morai server just so I was able to participate in at least 1 bloody event!
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Having 1 server per country, each being empty but at least all speaking their own language, would really be an improvement. Or wait, maybe not ... Example : Lothranis (French) + Momaganon (German) => Morai (English/EU)

But please continue complaining and hating. The day they'll make a server transfer possible, you'll regret chasing them all away. And Morai will be happy with a massive flood of new-old players (even if you'll still be stuck with Brazillians probably). Till then, pro tip : Make "must speak English" squads rather then "weapon link".
  • biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    Yea, just make a server with only american acces.

Make a test at registration with the following questions:
    1. You hate foreigners ?
    ONLY accepted answer : I wish they are all dead!
    2. You like cheesburger , mamburger and chickeberger ?
    ONLY accepted answer : I hate speghetti, mexican bean and indian soup.
    3. You love Statue of Liberty much or very much ?
    ONLY accepted answer : I hate LE Tour Eiffel and i want Paris bombarded.
    4. A final thought ?
    ONLY accepted answer : I hate E.T. , i hate you all, give me a bazooka!

Wrong answer to that question ---> ur not a capitalist and must die, no PWI for you!
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    I'm kind a surprised this thread still going on even is full of xenophobia and hate toward other nations.

You should be all a shamed for all your ignorant comments. Its just a freaking game and let people playing it, cause would be closed long time ago if all other nations leave it and only all mighty USA people stay in it.

DW is server with lot of people who are not form USA and thats why we don't have problem with population and not qqing every week for servers merge.

Get your heads from your all might a**** and be grateful that we paying so you can play your game.

Firstly:

Just because the original poster is speaking English, it doesn't necessarily mean they are an american/reside in the usa. That is just an assumption of yours/many others it would seem. D: (Canada speaks english afaik :$)

As matter of fact look at all the countries who speak English as their main language.

Secondly:

Just because one person feels this way it doesn't mean the rest of the people on the server feel that way, and the same applies to COUNTRIES.

Thirdly:

I do infact live in the usa, and while it is far from perfect/flawless, I would still take it over any other country... not that other countries are intolerable, its just that I would defend the usa if it were ever invaded, I am sure you would do the same for your country if it was invaded by someone else, even if it did infact happen to be the usa. (To be honest I am not a fighter/I do not like guns, I am so more of an indoor type person... but yea that is neither here nor there)

Still its rather silly to "attack" (verbally in this case) a country as a whole for the words of one single person.

Again the U.S is far from perfect, but I still feel its wrong to condemn a whole country for the unwise/unkind words of one person.

---

I am by no mean condoning what mazu said, I for one don't mind it at all, sure as I said earlier I do have a few pet peeves about it, but most of the time it doesn't bother me enough for me to want you all to leave. (Also as I said earlier some of those pet peeves are probably quite mutual,) language barriers can be... quite annoying to overcome... but aye that so doesn't mean they don't belong here/should be forced into leaving because they can't speak English. (Though when we're actually talking about the country itself and immigration, if they aren't here legally... then yea... should really probably be shipped back... but that is a discussion/debate for another thread/somewhere else.)

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mayral wrote: »
    This reminds me of forsaken world and how I got stuck on a french server

I SWEAR I didn't read that it was french, anywhere! so I didn't have an idea what I was doing

And now, I hate both, FW and French people (sorry)

Something like that. You start a new game, unaware that there are multiple servers. You create an account and you arent told anything. Sure probably you can select it somewhere but if you dont know ?.... And thats how i ended up on archosaur
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    Though when we're actually talking about the country itself and immigration, if they aren't here legally... then yea... should really probably be shipped back...
    America was formed by immigrants hundreds of years ago, there's a chance ur grand-grand father was an african from Kokojambo. Ye, just ship ur ancestors back into the jungle. Or you think you're pure descendant of Kennedy...

God, I hate xenophoby! And indocrinated dudes like this one. b:angry

Please close this fascist thread, it stinks like a dead cimpanzee.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    America was formed by immigrants hundreds of years ago, there's a chance ur grand-grand father was an african from Kokojambo. Ye, just ship ur ancestors back into the jungle. Or you think you're pure descendant of Kennedy...

God, I hate xenophoby! And indocrinated dudes like this one. b:angry

Please close this fascist thread, it stinks like a dead cimpanzee.

Aye there is no denying that the white man invaded what is now known as the USA, sadly "laws" were a lot less enforced... (or even hard to enforce)/almost non existent back then, people did things that weren't morally right, but there was no law stating they could/couldn't do this or that. Obviously it wasn't right what happened back then, but what happened is what led to a lot of the eventual/stricter laws that we have today.

Just about every country to my knowledge has some sort of law against ILLEGAL immigrants.

Like I said before I am against mazu's original post, I personally don't mind foriegners playing the game, I also really don't mind them living in the usa, provided they are here legally, but there is also no way in hell I would go around accusing people who aren't speaking english of being an illegal immigrant. As that old song goes... "this is OUR land" I think what they meant by that is for people of all shapes, size colors/ethic background would live united and protect the states, but yea there is a fine line that.. that stops at... and that being ILLEGAL immigrant.

Meh... that shouldn't be here... in hindsight I so shouldn't have brought that tidbit up. :X... Sad how people (I do it too) of any background/country jumps on the one wrong thing about a post. ;/ - That was clearly a bad place to leave off. xD

• biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    Man, you are obsessed with the imigrants... maybe you grew up with the fear of foreigners innoculated in your blood.

I personaly don't ask in the game "You originate from America or you are an immigrant ? Answer or i'll kick you off from my personal pure american squad"

I just say "You ****, can pull/heal/do decent aoe ? Can you or can't ? If can't, then gtfo and learn to play pwi"
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Man, you are obsessed with the imigrants... maybe you grew up with the fear of foreigners innoculated in your blood.

I personaly don't ask in the game "You originate from America or you are an immigrant ? Answer or i'll kick you off from my personal pure american squad"

I just say "You ****, can pull/heal/do decent aoe ? Can you or can't ? If can't, then gtfo and learn to play pwi"

Wow... your getting that from my posts?

Have you not read the whole thing?

I have NOTHING against foreigners. << I do NOT fear them.

They are more then welcome where ever I go, I will definitely party with them, and I do NOT say a word to them about the language they're speaking, nor do I ask them to go get on their own server.

If you have a problem reading everything else around what I previously written.. there simple and pure, despite it not being completely articulated.

<< I am so trying to refrain from being insulting. >>

• Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Firstly:

Just because the original poster is speaking English, it doesn't necessarily mean they are an american/reside in the usa. That is just an assumption of yours/many others it would seem. D: (Canada speaks english afaik :$)

As matter of fact look at all the countries who speak English as their main language.

Secondly:

Just because one person feels this way it doesn't mean the rest of the people on the server feel that way, and the same applies to COUNTRIES.

Thirdly:

I do infact live in the usa, and while it is far from perfect/flawless, I would still take it over any other country... not that other countries are intolerable, its just that I would defend the usa if it were ever invaded, I am sure you would do the same for your country if it was invaded by someone else, even if it did infact happen to be the usa. (To be honest I am not a fighter/I do not like guns, I am so more of an indoor type person... but yea that is neither here nor there)

Still its rather silly to "attack" (verbally in this case) a country as a whole for the words of one single person.

Again the U.S is far from perfect, but I still feel its wrong to condemn a whole country for the unwise/unkind words of one person.

---

I am by no mean condoning what mazu said, I for one don't mind it at all, sure as I said earlier I do have a few pet peeves about it, but most of the time it doesn't bother me enough for me to want you all to leave. (Also as I said earlier some of those pet peeves are probably quite mutual,) language barriers can be... quite annoying to overcome... but aye that so doesn't mean they don't belong here/should be forced into leaving because they can't speak English. (Though when we're actually talking about the country itself and immigration, if they aren't here legally... then yea... should really probably be shipped back... but that is a discussion/debate for another thread/somewhere else.)

OMG!!!!

This is most stupid answer I red in long long long time...and I red it a LOT!

Did you know that when they first time discussed to choose which language will be main language in America, English won with like 2 votes!!!

It means that you were really really close to have French or any other language now as your main language.

Other parts of your post wont even comment.. your ignorance about history is amazing. I'm European and I know more about your history then you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

Watch this and mybe you and those like you learn something.
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I know there are ppl like you, but it still shocks me every time I really see it. Don't like them, don't squad with them. You're not forced to play with them, so no need to lock their regions.

If you hate foreigners that much, I dare you to use only purely made US products. You know PW isn't really American or even American-themed right ?
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2014

You know, there is that little thing called "tolerance" that will help you deal with these cases. You complain about people not speaking English on your English server?

Come to Morai!

We're officially an English server, but 90% of the time we don't get English system messages (like the recent zen happy hour. Two days in, and still have to see the English version), GM events for French and German, but no English, and at least five different languages in world chat AT THE SAME TIME!

We got English, French, Dutch, Polish, Russian (at least I think it is), Italian, Spanish, Sweden, Greek, Hungarian...

Please! Let me know if I am missing one! There are too many to remember!

Yet, despite the mass of different languages, the server hasn't imploded yet! Somehow, despite the language barrier, we manage to get things done 90% of the time.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    OMG!!!!

This is most stupid answer I red in long long long time...and I red it a LOT!

Did you know that when they first time discussed to choose which language will be main language in America, English won with like 2 votes!!!

It means that you were really really close to have French or any other language now as your main language.

Other parts of your post wont even comment.. your ignorance about history is amazing. I'm European and I know more about your history then you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

Watch this and mybe you and those like you learn something.

Yup, I am done here.

I actually did do a bit of research about what I said in my posts, some of it may indeed just be an opinion... some of it was indeed a bit flawed/misworded... but yea I am so obviouslyv not perfect and obviously neither is the USA. ... even so I dont want it harmed or taken over... like we did to the indians, some of it is without a doubt the truth, it is absolutely silly and asinine to assume that just because someone speaks english they are from america, likewsie it's foolish of you/anyone like you to lump an entire nation/country into an entire pre-concivied notion such as them being 'bad-apples'/thinking their country is the 'greatest'.

I also genuinely believe there is a lot of truth in what I said, even if it may just be an opinion.

I never once said that it was the greatest, I may have implied it, but yea as I said I would defend it from invaders regardless of who they were, as I am sure you would do the same for your country. (That is the plain truth of the matter)... Sure some people would indeed... choose to take a back seat/'run' to survive, but many would take up arms and try to defend it, sadly though as is the case with crimea/russia... when faced with overwhelming odds, it makes a hell a lot more sense to do what it takes to survive.., they were unfortunately 'beat' the moment russia stepped foot into crimea. though the same could happen to ANY small country being invaded by someone who has a much stronger/larger... much more capable force/army. (No one takes going to war lightly, and a great deal of crimea likely realizes that physical help may never arrive... sadly... and even IF it does... it will be too little too late.)

----

Either way again as I said I am done here, I am through being insulted by others when I try to be as respectful as possible to them.

For the record.

Mazu, was wrong to start this 'crusade'

• biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    Either way again as I said I am done here, I am through being insulted by others when I try to be as respectful as possible to them.

For the record.
    In every part of this world, even if you go to San Marino or Porcelain Isle, no one respect an xenophobist that hate another human being just because he can't bloody speak ur own language. You may ignore but not hate, cause hate drives you to xenophoby and that is wrong.

You'll get the same reaction wherever you go with the xenophoby: people will disrespect you and will isolate u in ur own xenophobist cage.

Just ... for the record.

And btw, if i ever see this Mazumii in front of me IRL, i'll punch him in the face in all my foreign language style.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    In every part of this world, even if you go to San Marino or Porcelain Isle, no one respect an xenophobist that hate another human being just because he can't bloody speak ur own language. You may ignore but not hate, cause hate drives you to xenophoby and that is wrong.

You'll get the same reaction wherever you go with the xenophoby: people will disrespect you and will isolate u in ur own xenophobist cage.

Just ... for the record.

And btw, if i ever see this Mazumii in front of me IRL, i'll punch his face in all my foreign language style.

I dont know you... but I do know this you are really trying my patience.

Edit: Even though this is out of sync...ish... I really don't care if you/others like me... but yea... I do mind the incorrect assumptions you made about me from my posts.

I do not nor have I ever codemened or hated people of a different nationality... nor have I ever commented about the broken english/use of different language... as I said I do NOT request nor comment on ANYONE'S choice of language they use REGARDLESS of whether its irl.. in game... in a squad... or world chat... that is NOT me... you dolt... there I insulted you.... and aye I did reply again... I am fickle... and I sure as hell am not the only one!

• biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    ... nor have I ever commented about the broken english...

Now I must carry with me the American English Dictionary just to play a game ? Oh good Lord!
    ... you dolt...
    That's an insult, you pure-hearted non-immigrant. I may as well report you.
  • FaunRue - Archosaur
    FaunRue - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Awesome that almost none of you seemed to have read the first post. No where in it did they express anything remotely xenophobic... merely irritation at trying to work in a squad with people who don't speak english on an english server. I agree with the OP on this point; it is extremely frustrating to try and organize a squad when people seemingly ignore you because they can't speak english and then the rest of the squad has to compensate for that. I do however disagree that certain regions should be blocked from accessing PWI because of language barriers though. That is just bad business.

If anything, this thread should be closed for going off topic, nothing else.
  • Alfvarinn - Sanctuary
    Alfvarinn - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It has nothing to do with their country being the reason to talk a foreign language, they're almost always capable of speaking english. Even people who don't know much english at all still try it. We don't give them **** for talking bad english, we care that they took the effort to learn it. It's more-so having the decency to talk english because everyone else can understand it as well. Quite frankly it's just rude.

Then there are people who honestly don't speak a single word english:
    If any of you from America (meaning both north and south and not just the USA..) would come play on the European Server because there wasn't any US-server to play on, you would've been forced to talk french/german the same way you're forcing those people to talk english. Ask yourself if you would be using your bestest french/german or would you be using english?

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love multi-cultural communities. All are welcomed, for all I care.
    But, and this is a major but, if you are playing a game with a majority of English speakers, then you better have a good grasp of the language so in a squad you can actually understand and help out rather than just mooch and cry 'no understand', or my personal favorite, start yapping in your own language when no one understands you.
    I have had to sadly leave squads where there were 4 people talking in their own language and 2 of us were speaking English. They refused to acknowledge our existence let alone say what they were up to in English. I have also had successful and very pleasant squad runs where I was the only English speaker, they talked in a different language for the small talk but squad actions and decisions were also told for me, in English.
    Most recently, a EU squad failed the relay for 6 times because a Portuguese speaker was in there for the first time, did not speak any English and he couldn't understand us explaining what to do.
    I myself am not a native speaker, but if I were completely overthrown by the English language, I'd simply join a guild dedicated to the language I speak and restrict my runs with them.
    Bottom line is, no, I don't think restricting the access is a good way to go about this issue; common sense would be the rule of thumb here, but, sadly, common sense is dieing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Now I must carry with me the American English Dictionary just to play a game ? Oh good Lord!

That's an insult, you pure-hearted non-immigrant. I may as well report you.

I think I was just trolled to the tenth degree... well played sir.... or ma'am. *Tips hat*

*proudly wears dunce cap while running in circles*

This discussion has been closed.