What upgrades..

Options
Euzebe - Sanctuary
Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Psychic
would you want to see in future primal updates. Assuming we get another 2-3 skills/merges this year, which skills would you want upgraded/merged?
Post edited by Euzebe - Sanctuary on

Comments

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Red tide : anything works, can't be more worthless anyway. I would have prefered the merge for the continuous aoe to use this skill with aqua cannon rather then torrent. But they should find a use for it. Maybe merge sandburst blast and red tide. Have red tide dissapear to put a bleed effect on sanburst blast or make it a double elemental skill. Or just an upgrade to make it a no/little-chi aoe of medium damage.

Tide form : have it consumed to add something to either voodoo, even if it's just a water effect. A water form is already not so usefull, but having it cut the ability to cast is worthless. Or have it become an air effect that can be used only when flying (I know it doesn't make much sense) and keep ability to cast.

Those are the only really worthless skills imo. The others are skills I'd like to see upgraded even if they are not worthless as they are.

Soulburn : the fact it takes a spark and is rather long to cast while lasting not so long makes that I don't really use it that often. I'd rather see it become more like the cleric version.

Summon : should work in instances, morai map and such (except nw/tw). Would be nice to summon ppl to bh from inside the instance.

I'd like the 3 morai skills a bit more useable. Their chi cost and cd are both long. For cd I can understand, because it would be powerfull to make them really spammable. But the chi cost on top of it is a bit much imo.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    Red tide : anything works, can't be more worthless anyway. I would have prefered the merge for the continuous aoe to use this skill with aqua cannon rather then torrent. But they should find a use for it. Maybe merge sandburst blast and red tide. Have red tide dissapear to put a bleed effect on sanburst blast or make it a double elemental skill. Or just an upgrade to make it a no/little-chi aoe of medium damage.
    Not that I play my Psychic much these days but..I'd love to see an update to this. I've actually left mine to lvl1 because I never really found a particular use for it b:surrender
    Summon : should work in instances, morai map and such (except nw/tw). Would be nice to summon ppl to bh from inside the instance.

Hell to the yes. Maybe not instances but definitely Morai/Primal.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I could definitely agree that Red Tide and Soulburn are the most in need of changes.

Not sure exactly what I'd like to see from Red Tide; maybe half water-half phys like BT or something.

Soulburn either needs a longer duration or more direct damage infliction; everyone's pdef is so high endgame, soulburn is just a tickle.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Red Tide:

Pure/Half Physical damage + (strengthened?) Soulforce bleed. Maybe reduce the spark cost to 1 (50% chance of no cost for the Sage version). All the other arcanes have some access to physical damage (Absorb Soul, Plume Shot, Blade Tempest) while ours is either a very weak DoT or one that is highly dependent on our opponent reacting badly to it.

It'd be nice to have one physical skill that we can cast for damage regardless of their actions. The two spark cost can also be reduced (or removed) and the skill could just do more damage on the whole; that would be fine too considering Glacial Shards Alpha/Omega are just flat out stronger and without a chi cost.

Soulburn:
    Maybe just make it Soulforce + a portion of your MAttk and a more subtle animation.

Sand Flood:

This skill I think ought to be tweaked a bit. It can keep the 30 chi cost, but I believe that it should have Sand Trap's cooldown instead of Telekinesis'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Honestly, Sand Flood might tend towards OPness if you could throw that every 15 seconds. It would be great for keeping pressure on tanks.

Our voodoos could do with something, like how dirty wizzies got chi/crit added to water and fire shields.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Honestly, Sand Flood might tend towards OPness if you could throw that every 15 seconds. It would be great for keeping pressure on tanks.

A tweak like that would be a boost to our DoT pressure in general (save for [url=those who got Furious Ocean for Celestia knows what). It might border on overpowered, but at least its an actual upgrade instead of a questionable decision. The chi cost will help keep it in check of becoming completely broken.

I also agree with Summon being better (as a general change rather than an update perhaps) and Shroud of Shadow...being usable (Reduce it to 2 sparks perhaps?)

Our voodoos could do with something, like how dirty wizzies got chi/crit added to water and fire shields.

I don't really see a need for that sort of change tbh...
    Isn't that something Demon's W.Voodoo does to a small degree while sage voodoos are simply stronger?

Another possibility would be combining Sandburst and Stone Smasher. It could essentially be Sandburst+: A slightly stronger Sandburst Blast with both effects (or an entirely different one - maybe a 50% chance to reduce attack speed and/or channeling by a percentage dependent on your soulforce...b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • trands
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sand Flood:

This skill I think ought to be tweaked a bit. It can keep the 30 chi cost, but I believe that it should have Sand Trap's cooldown instead of Telekinesis'

If they do go tweaking the old "upgrades", I'd rather have Furious Ocean as Aqua Cannon + Red Tide merge. Solves 2 problems in 1.

But I agree, it's painfull that so many "upgrades" are totally transparant as they are now...

I agree wizards got nice upgrades (even if they don't agree) but I don't see it that similar. Upgrades are nice on any skill ofc, but voodoo's aren't really needed imo. Unlike wizzy fire/water shield, our voodoo's aren't obsolete over the use of something else.

Also, since voodoo's are a gain with a drawback they always remain usefull. Attack and defense lvls lost a lot of power compared to before. They mainly live on based on former glory. However, even if black voodoo damage increase is not as impressive anymore, the drawback of the defense lvls is also way less noticeable. White voodoo is a bit different because of the higher values, but as things stand now, it can already be used to get rid of some smaller targets when ganked.

I actually find voodoo's way more fair as they are now then how it was in the old days where 25+ attack lvls was way OP. And well, because of it's former glory, any tweak of voodoo's will just cause major QQ.

For a damage upgrade, I would have prefered to have the dot-road reinforced. Maybe some several-times hitting skill. That would improove 1 target damage which kinda lacks, without breaking aoe part in tw/nw. Unfortunately, they are actually taking that away.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Upgrade Red Tide to not suck ***.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rye - Morai
    Rye - Morai Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Shroud of Shadow: I'd agree with its enormous chi cost, questionable duration and cooldown if it would be made an instant-cast skill.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Shroud could do with a chi cost drop. Dropping both the chi and cd cost might be pushing it. Instant release would be nice.

Voodoos are nice as they are, doesn't mean they couldn't be better. Doesn't have to be OP like constant chi regen or crit rate bonus, but a 30 sec chance to status evade could be a nice addition for example.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I still wish that Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast's Primal versions were a bit more useful in PvP too....

Looking at the thread about Primal Spirit Blast's single ticking DoT, I think it would be good if it were at least roughly the same as a single tick from Lv 11 Sand Trap/Torrent on players.

Primal Aqua impact could add a crit-strike debuff of 3~5% on player targets and keep the 15% on monsters.

Its not really important compared to a useful Red Tide or other "upgrades" of course, but mostly PVE effects aren't all too notable when things already die so quickly.
  • seleneeee
    seleneeee Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    they should upgrade Landslide and make it work in pvp b:dirty
  • trands
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Primal Aqua impact could add a crit-strike debuff of 3~5% on player targets and keep the 15% on monsters.

Considering Mark of Weakness, it wouldn't be an unfair advantage even if it worked vs players the way it does vs mobs now, ijs.
    Its not really important compared to a useful Red Tide or other "upgrades" of course, but mostly PVE effects aren't all too notable when things already die so quickly.

I think pve effects was not a bad idea. It's a way to upgrade something on a class that didn't really need to be stronger while helping the weaker ones for pve (I mean, a psychic is just a +1 in a squad). It's just stupid they gave great upgrades to other classes that didn't need it and put the pve upgrade that concerns mainly the not r9.3+10 on the hardest to get (and thus most expensive) skills.