Elimination is the love.

HESOKA - Raging Tide
HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Assassin
Hmm it seems there has been quite a lot of complaining lately about Elimination. so i just want to give my side of the story.

I know Most of you are really annoyed about assassins getting these new skills: Elimination and life hunter, but hey look on the bright side, what bright side you ask? Well the bright release bar when i pop out of stealth with Elimination. By bass charm is less charm ticks right?

Thank you Perfect World International! Your love for Assassins has grown more since the new update, you gave us a skill in which we can 1 shot full +12 JOSD Seekers, barb, archers, you name it! Heck some end-game players get killed b4 the skill evan ends AHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

With my awesome full deity, and my awesome Elimination.
Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by HESOKA - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for letting us know by creating a new thread
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It isnt that insane.... Don't over exaggerate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    It isnt that insane.... Don't over exaggerate

Dude, I'm obviously trolling those who are butthurt about the skill …

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Doesn't Elimination technically just do the traditional combo of Twin Strike > Condensed > Spell Cutter? It's only. 0.4 seconds faster . Anyone wanna explain to me why it's supposedly so much more OP?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This was a helpful post.
    If you triple-spark and use any other normal skill, the damage is increase by +500% weapon value.

Now, you triple-spark and use elimination, the damage is increase by 500%*3.2 = 1600% weapon value, on that single skill.

This is because, the skill damage is given by 320% of base physical damage. So, anything that adds to base physical damage (including spark damage), is multiplied by 3.2 times. On other skills, the bonus only "adds once" rather than get multiplied.

There are other skills that can get the same effect of multiplying base physical damage, but they all have 1min+ cooldowns, and cost one or more sparks. For example, barb's berserker wrath have 120% base physical damage on top of dealing 3x to air targets, so that an air-wrath deals up 360% base physical damage. A combo of triple-spark + air-wraths can pretty much out-damage arma, even on vit barb. But any barb would know that there are much better practical use of those sparks. Those skills are not always practical. Wrath have high spark cost (2 sparks), long cooldown(1min), situational (only affects air targets), barb don't even have the range to preemptively remove a double layer of defense charms, or do follow up damage if it fails.

Now, consider that pwi has added a similar skill, with only 15sec cooldown, no chi cost, on a class that bleeds sparks outta their butt... Every sin who has learned elimination is going to run around using the 3spark+elimination combo and butt **** people.

And the bleed damage hasn't been covered yet. As much I think that DOT's are generally useless, even the bleed ticks from elimination can reach the same the bleed damage from new primal sunder (which is a non-spammable skill that cost 2 sparks).

Sounds pretty OP.

Thankfully there aren't that many dangerous sins on Dreamweaver left since they all rerolled r9rr casters or left the game.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I get that it multiplies with Triple Spark, but how does that make it OP?

Triple Spark was easy to counter last time I played, so I wouldn't really consider it OP because you can 3 spark with it. unless something has changed about 3 sparking since then.

And, technically all sin skills (uptil now) do 100% of base physical damage, so it would still be 500% * 100% * 3 = 1500%. 100% less, but 100% out of 1600% isn't that much.

The thing is, I can easily see it as being OP if it was a single hit. But I was told otherwise.
    Is it not?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Triple Spark was easy to counter last time I played, so I wouldn't really consider it OP because you can 3 spark with it. unless something has changed about 3 sparking since then.

And, technically all sin skills (uptil now) do 100% of base physical damage, so it would still be 500% * 100% * 3 = 1500%. 100% less, but 100% out of 1600% isn't that much.

The thing is, I can easily see it as being OP if it was a single hit. But I was told otherwise.
    Is it not?

Mmm the majority of sin skills and most other classes do;

base damage (xSpark) + 100% weapon damage (not xSpark) so triple sparked its 500% base +100% weapon damage. I.e. 5x base damage + 100% weapon damage

If I read that post right Elimination is 500% x 320% base damage. i.e 16x base damage.

Or double sparked 300% x 320% so 9.6x base damage

Even without double/triple spark it hits a considerable amount, a faction sin (AlonaWorld - full r9rr with+10 r9rr daggers) used it on me in NW, in this video at 10:50.

I think the reason its really effective is because you can use that skill for no cost and then CC lock down the target while its ticking down adding damage on top of damage whereas previously a sin had to pick either focus on damage or on CC.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014

Is it not?

The skill alone is not OP whatsoever. Nowadays with Spirit Def Apoth, everyone in PK is fully buffed, i have tested Elimination on a fully Buffed Full JOSD Archer, Elimination unsparked did not even deal 20% of the archers HP, Many people in my server think its OP, But they don't relize that they really shouldn't expect to tank a 3x sparked Sin Spaming lifehunter and Elimination. You would kite any class if you saw them 3 Sparking. why would you try and tank a 3x spark Sin, Instead of the player Kiting the Assassin when they 3x spark. they stand still and take the damage, and then QQ how OP elimination is.

Just a troll thread ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_general - Heavens Tear
    The_general - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont kite 3 sparked sins, i love kil them with my Demon Roar..hahahahahahab:laugh
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont kite 3 sparked sins, i love kil them with my Demon Roar..hahahahahahab:laugh

We're talking about sage sparked R9rr+10-12 cotd sins, not pve sins
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bright side you ask? Well the bright release bar when i pop out of stealth with Elimination. By bass charm is less charm ticks right?
    well, cannot argue with that. b:laugh
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Look

Lets investigate the class name

ASSASSIN

It's meant to do what? Cook? Make sandwiches? Take care of kids?

NO!

Assassinate.

About damn time we got a hard hitting skill.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dude, I'm obviously trolling those who are butthurt about the skill …

You rock!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Look

ASSASSIN

NO!

Assassinate.

Like all the other skills we always had were not hitting hard enough.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Look

ASSASSIN

NO!

Assassinate.

Because torrent bypass for 16k-->14k on jaded barb, rift for 30k+ on archers, and knife throw oneshot trick didn't hit hard enough?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Because torrent bypass for 16k-->14k on jaded barb, rift for 30k+ on archers, and knife throw oneshot trick didn't hit hard enough?

Shhh.

Assassin is meant to kill, the hard hitting is part of class role.

Something to compensate for being the only squishy melee class in the game.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]