Quid Pro Quo, a result of creativity

Options
Medaka - Morai
Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Seeker
Pretty sure there was an old thread on this, but the info there is already pretty common and outdated (heck some of it doesn't even work anymore).

Anyone who plays a seeker knows that, along with our nice pve debuffs, stances and aoe skills there is a certain skill that really makes our class shine, be it for the mechanics behind it or for the many uses it can have, that skill is Quid Pro Quo.

Quid has such a large range of uses that I wouldn't even know where to start with. The first time I learned that skill it was just a meh debuff transfer skill with a large cooldown (That until sage skills showed up at least :>). After using it for so long and testing many ideas with it I've come to the conclusion that it can do far more than it seems to, even though in essence it is still just all debuff transferring. One interesting aspect of this skill though, it counts as a debuff in itself, which if avoided by Tidal for example, will not purify the user of debuffs either. This debuff however, has the ability to go through your target's antistun/seal/etc debuffs, or the natural resistance to those that certain bosses/mobs have (although some of the new mobs are actually quid-resistant).

As for the uses of it, I'll share some uses I've tested myself and was actually using quite often:

Quid-ing expel's seal. This one's an old one, though people mostly did it for the free physical immunity. I haven't personally tested this use since I've gotten Primal Quid, so timing it with that fast channelling might prove difficult now. My main uses for quid-expel included Silencing the advanced fire boss in warsong back when people found it too hard to tank during that selfbuff of his. As far as PvP goes for this, if your target has seal immunity on then he will get silenced for expel's seal duration, yet if he doesn't have said immunity it will silence for Quid's seal duration.

Quid-ing pretty much anything onto something that is normally resistant to it. This also includes freezing people with antistun on, or the good old HF-in-nirvana trick. One of my uses for this was killing the immune Aohe spirit mob in AEU using DoT's when no one in squad could soulburn it. I also use this as a way to aggro certain immune mobs on myself, and they tend to stick around for a while even if someone tries to heal me. Used to do this in Death Judge cube room to get the slow mob off someone else.

This next one is something I'm actually still trying to figure out as a whole. It's based on really good timing, more like luck-based at that point. Quid-ing disables, though not just any kind of disable like the freeze-trick. It was actually something that happened a while back during a pvp fight in which a BM attempted to Roar of the Pride and I happened to quid at the exact same time which resulted in him getting the stun transferred to him. Ever since then I've been looking into it a bit. This works with really precise (and very luck-based) timing. Quid can be used to transfer Stuns, Seals that normally came with an interrupt effect, Sleep, Occult Ice, etc as long as the right timing happens. I've done this on many of my TT runs before, things like Sleeping minister, silencing emperor or stunning dark colluseast. Getting this off in PvP is a bit more tricky though, but it certainly works there aswell. Whether it's reliable or not I can't possibly tell because of the timing needed for it.

I didn't mention the well-known Sacrificial slash/fortify combo here but I am aware of it aswell. I would love to hear what uses other people have come up with or other possible ways to make use of what I mentioned above.
Post edited by Medaka - Morai on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Here is the old thread about QPQ combos: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1572971

Personally my favorite "trolls" to do, is to QPQ someone mid QPQ combo, and not only transfer back their seal (so that it goes on CD and they end up sealed) But they also end up with their de-buffs still.
    And I can then hit them with whatever is appropriate at the time, usually ending up with them going down under a mountain of metal attacks.
    As you mentioned Medaka it takes timing and luck, and I seem to have a knack of timing it pretty well if it follows within the rhythm of the battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Playing seeker is all about skills and how to use them. I like to use qpq for both PvE and PvP. For PvE, attention is needed on when boss will throw debuff on you and then transfer it back as quickly as you can (primal skill makes this even faster with faster cast).

On PvP I mostly used it to seal opponent and certain BM who are unlucky enough to get their HF qpqed back to them followed by ion spike (mostly will 1-hit KO them)b:chuckle

Now if only seeker have reverse qpq, to steal opponent buff for themselves b:bye
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Here is the old thread about QPQ combos: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1572971

Personally my favorite "trolls" to do, is to QPQ someone mid QPQ combo, and not only transfer back their seal (so that it goes on CD and they end up sealed) But they also end up with their de-buffs still.
    And I can then hit them with whatever is appropriate at the time, usually ending up with them going down under a mountain of metal attacks.
    As you mentioned Medaka it takes timing and luck, and I seem to have a knack of timing it pretty well if it follows within the rhythm of the battle.

I suppose combos would also be included in here but I'm also curious if anyone else came up with some fun uses of the skill aswell. The thread I was referring to was made waaay back, when seekers recently came out but the info there was far too outdated :<.

As far as QPQing someone else's QPQ, that used to be easier before primal quid. Seeing as QPQ's seal doesn't come with an interrupt effect, your own QPQ wouldn't get interrupted by the enemy's, and the longer channelling time would allow you to pay a bit less attention when timing it.
    Playing seeker is all about skills and how to use them. I like to use qpq for both PvE and PvP. For PvE, attention is needed on when boss will throw debuff on you and then transfer it back as quickly as you can (primal skill makes this even faster with faster cast).

On PvP I mostly used it to seal opponent and certain BM who are unlucky enough to get their HF qpqed back to them followed by ion spike (mostly will 1-hit KO them)b:chuckle

Now if only seeker have reverse qpq, to steal opponent buff for themselves b:bye

Certainly, I love transferring the bosses HF's especially in my 3-3 runs. It makes the run go way faster and the high hits are so nice to see (even took Steely down in less than a minute c:). It's also thanks to timed qpq that I can take down certain bosses while barely being scratched by them.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    On PvP I mostly used it to seal opponent and certain BM who are unlucky enough to get their HF qpqed back to them followed by ion spike (mostly will 1-hit KO them)

This amazes me, golden rule of fighting a seeker, throw max debuffs immediately after a QPQ, bonus points if you can time faith just before their QPQ, and please help yourself to a cookie if you chi drained so the seeker can't triple spark off the debuffs.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This amazes me, golden rule of fighting a seeker, throw max debuffs immediately after a QPQ, bonus points if you can time faith just before their QPQ, and please help yourself to a cookie if you chi drained so the seeker can't triple spark off the debuffs.

Mainly the reason I try not to rush QPQ in 1v1's. Though if I do end up using it and getting debuffed after, there are plenty of locks I'm ready to use and if that also fails there's always apoth.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    that's pretty cool, didn't know you could qpq someones skill
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    that's pretty cool, didn't know you could qpq someones skill

Guessing you're talking about the QPQ stuns part, it's pretty tricky to do and I'd say luck is a way bigger factor than timing for it b:chuckle.
  • shtefi
    shtefi Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I like it when i'm fighting a cleric and this has happened a few times.. its the perfect timing when cleric casts SOG on me and i QPQ the seal back at them but i keep the reduced dmg taken buff and i'm super tanky xD
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Blade affinity+QPQ+Gemini b:victory

Outside PvP I just use it to throw debuffs back on bosses, sometimes I just do it cuz it looks cool with some of the combos b:laugh

It's fun using it with voidstep or transposition on other people too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]