Informal protest against pw

Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
Cause this server is obviously the most insane and vicious, lets pick up our weapons and rage (not flamming tho cause they will close this thread)!

Speak your mind about what pw is lacking and these god awful rolling server blackouts!

We shall rage so hard that this lame protest will be taken seriously!
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pwi is lacking pwi
    NGTUy53.png

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's just a game. Server issues happen and when they do, its no big deal, as I find reading a book quite beneficial, or better yet, go outside.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not gonna flame ya, just going to be honest. Pwi doesn't care about the quality of their games. Which, is why I left a long time ago and why they are not going to fix the issue. Maybe by Thanksgiving they will fix it.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • OverHealed - Harshlands
    OverHealed - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Boomz,

I am glad you brought this up for there are many things that PWI could improve on. Improvements for PWI can come from many places. The first way would be to look at PW Entertainment and the second way would be to look at the players.

If we take a look at PW Entertainment there is one thing that holds true (at least in all my cases). I always have fast ticket responses, good customer service, and PWE often gives me (us) the benefit of the doubt. However, often times PWE lacks on (1) punishing people, (2) listening to game suggestions made by players (3) technical "stuff" in-game. For example (1) people who racked up on the dragon orb glitch hardly got punished. People walked away with 30 orbs with 2 weeks of being banned. I don't know how others feel, but I will take 30 +10 orbs for 2 weeks banned. For example (2) I have seen so many good suggestions by the PWI community but I don't see much being implemented. It seems that game-play is always -- Step 1: Level to 100/101 Step 2: Get G16/R9RR (or the best gear possible) Step 3: Do dailes for new skills and free (sometimes useless) items. Lastly, for example (3) the crashing, glitching, lagging, and over-all "techy-stuff" of PWI has become not a pinch in the leg, but an ANNOYING ISSUE. My toons always disconnect, just the other day during the server crash I was doing my Morai 1HR quest and I lost the 40 prestige (or whatever it is). Sure it's not a big deal, but I bet when I finish my dailies one day I'll be at 3460 prestige because I missed that one daily.

If we look at players, I see this as the biggest problem in PWI. First of all, there are neither enough high level nor low level players on PWI. Starter zones are empty, TT is empty, BH is under level 100 is empty (despite rebirth) simply because there are no new players. Doing BH's was the best time of PWI when I was learning my cleric from day one. PWI needs to find a way to gain more players, and make PWI playable (without having to shell out 1k USD for R9) for LOW levels. Secondly, the old players on this game have become a real bore. I'm in the middle of "newness" and "oldness" The new people are (1) either too poor to have gear or level or (2) the older players are over-geared and bored of the game -- becoming rude, mean, annoying, and even egotistical. Instead of blaming PWI/PWE for a majority of things, it's time the players look at themselves and see what they can do to make PWI better. Just today in world chat someone said "If only the R9 players would stop killing us lowbies and HELP us, the game would have more players for PVP and TW." If only people weren't so selfish.

Best to you Boomz, and great post.

Regards,

OverHealed (SyntherosXMagnet)
    edited March 2014

Don't ruin this post like you did Dark.

Kthx.
    edited March 2014
    Exactly what can the players do? It's not like pwe would give us the power to fix the game. What exactly do you suggest OverHealed? I am curious to hear your answer. I really don't think anything we can do at this point can bring back the game to what it was.
  • boxlover123
    boxlover123 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i got a idea

just stop fking pk at events
    and stop try "controlling" the events, cos you dont do anything else then kil lowbies there, who wanna have fun and a nice experience

in the old days the people didnt pk at events and thats why a lot of people joined
    and when pk happened people enjoyed it, and lowbies would watch it and thought to themselves "when im better geared i wanna try this too"
    hell even lowbies would pk, i remember my first time pking was at north archo with lvl 3x

question now is, why do people nowadays dont pk?
    because they fear to lose stuff, which they worked hard for.
    in the old days people would pk and if something dropped, it would be given back, like tt weapons and flyer, but nowadays only few give back stuff.
    another reason why they dont pk is because they get onehit by endgame toons
    the many sage sins with r9rr+12 popping out of stealth with 2spark and subsea/earthrift killing people while they quest isnt really pvp
    its just bullying, because those dead people only have g16+5 armor and get onehit anyways
    if you want pvp that bad, you can kill them once, but if you see them being a onehit, then stop it and dont be a **** and bully them even further, except when they make you angry, call you names or stuff like that

in the old days people would respect the wishes of others, when they said "im just 3x plese let me quest" people would let them quest
    nowadays if someone would point out, that they are undergeared or lower lvl its just "this is pvp server, why dont you go to another server, if you dont like pvp"

to tell the truth a lot of people who play on harshlands didnt know what pvp meant when they began, including me. i had no idea what that meant, bc this was my first mmo i played, so how could i know what it meant.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Need a server merge, tbh. As well as many other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2014

Kthx.

o LAWD!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Kthx.

120+ came to Sacrament, 6 went to Infamous.

Tell that to WizSoul b:bye
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Need a server merge, tbh. As well as many other things.

Not opposed to it, but the logical problem is: If we were merged with another server, it'd be the other East Coast server. That would mean either we'd go PvE (boring), or they'd have to go PvP (which they would cry about)

I'd take what PvP is here over being forced to a PvE server. Have never played one, never plan to.

And @LOL at WizSoul's lapdog accusing Longknife of "Ruining Dark".
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
    edited March 2014
    i got a idea

just stop fking pk at events
    and stop try "controlling" the events, cos you dont do anything else then kil lowbies there, who wanna have fun and a nice experience

in the old days the people didnt pk at events and thats why a lot of people joined
    and when pk happened people enjoyed it, and lowbies would watch it and thought to themselves "when im better geared i wanna try this too"
    hell even lowbies would pk, i remember my first time pking was at north archo with lvl 3x

question now is, why do people nowadays dont pk?
    because they fear to lose stuff, which they worked hard for.
    in the old days people would pk and if something dropped, it would be given back, like tt weapons and flyer, but nowadays only few give back stuff.
    another reason why they dont pk is because they get onehit by endgame toons
    the many sage sins with r9rr+12 popping out of stealth with 2spark and subsea/earthrift killing people while they quest isnt really pvp
    its just bullying, because those dead people only have g16+5 armor and get onehit anyways
    if you want pvp that bad, you can kill them once, but if you see them being a onehit, then stop it and dont be a **** and bully them even further, except when they make you angry, call you names or stuff like that

in the old days people would respect the wishes of others, when they said "im just 3x plese let me quest" people would let them quest
    nowadays if someone would point out, that they are undergeared or lower lvl its just "this is pvp server, why dont you go to another server, if you dont like pvp"

to tell the truth a lot of people who play on harshlands didnt know what pvp meant when they began, including me. i had no idea what that meant, bc this was my first mmo i played, so how could i know what it meant.

This is a long standing right of passage and tradition in harshlands. Nothing about that's gonna change lol. I camped people myself when I was strong enough to do so. That's what pvp servers are all about. If you can't handle that go to a pve server. Although I do agree things were different in the past.
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Instead of merge give us option to move character to other server for some fee. This would persuade me to spend money on this game for the first time ever, because:
    1. People take this game way too serious here
    Just look what happened after Dark disbanded. Not going to tell who is responsible for that, but just look at how many ppl joined Sacrament and how many followed ex-leader of Dark to Infamous. Make your own opinion lolz :P. Ppl who used to be my friends in game now suddenly hate me, because I did not follow them. I find it hillarious how easily people make pixel grudges here instead of enjoying the game. Because PWI is srs bzns.
    2. People do not understand PvP server purpose
    I get insulting PMs daily after PKing ppl (note that lot of them are same geared as me). Not even trying to fight back, just talking ****. If you do that, you just ask me to kill you over and over. I was supposed to be banned 65487 times, still waiting for the first one.
    3. People prefer easy crystal rushes than competitive TW/PVP
    Props to Infamous, you guys are clearly on the top in TW, but I do not get people who join you and then claim "I joined for TW" while the only thing they can get is 1 push war. It has been mentioned already that Infa has the most endgame geared toons. And it is not secret that u need numbers and gear to win TW thus you can faceroll any other guild 1v1. I would rather have competitive 1v1 TW instead of these stacks aswell, but that is not going to happen as long as there is huge gear/number gap here. And that is up to you, not us. People are obssesed with winning sadly, so I really doubt we will see balance anytime soon.

So yeah, move my toon to LC plz, tired of this server without balls :D
  • Dr_red - Harshlands
    Dr_red - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Instead of merge give us option to move character to other server for some fee. This would persuade me to spend money on this game for the first time ever, because:
    Just look what happened after Dark disbanded. Not going to tell who is responsible for that, but just look at how many ppl joined Sacrament and how many followed ex-leader of Dark to Infamous. Make your own opinion lolz :P. Ppl who used to be my friends in game now suddenly hate me, because I did not follow them. I find it hillarious how easily people make pixel grudges here instead of enjoying the game. Because PWI is srs bzns.
    I get insulting PMs daily after PKing ppl (note that lot of them are same geared as me). Not even trying to fight back, just talking ****. If you do that, you just ask me to kill you over and over. I was supposed to be banned 65487 times, still waiting for the first one.
    Props to Infamous, you guys are clearly on the top in TW, but I do not get people who join you and then claim "I joined for TW" while the only thing they can get is 1 push war. It has been mentioned already that Infa has the most endgame geared toons. And it is not secret that u need numbers and gear to win TW thus you can faceroll any other guild 1v1. I would rather have competitive 1v1 TW instead of these stacks aswell, but that is not going to happen as long as there is huge gear/number gap here. And that is up to you, not us. People are obssesed with winning sadly, so I really doubt we will see balance anytime soon.

1,2,3 apply to ppl in sacrament along with most other guilds as well. If you wanted competitive tws, u could just bid on guilds that are an even match for you. You could have done this many times in my many seasons, but armani always wanted to go for free lands. Same with crimson. It's up to us to be the best guild we can be. Its up to you who u bid on. I would also like to go to LC. That's the dream.
  • phaeton427
    phaeton427 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want to be sure to stay on topic. Alt guilds are ruining PWI

Sacrament = Mayhem alt guild.....b:chuckle

That is all.

LW
    Trolling trolls since 1993.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    I've proposed making two east coast servers, one PVP and one PVE, and then letting people choose where they wish to go. This way the PVE people that wish to reroll to PVP can and the people from here that would rather be blue name all the time can go to the new PVE server. Not sure if that'd be feasible (probably not), but it would be the best solution.

The other alternative is we merge into LC, ofc.

Anyway, don't understand why you guys just don't bid Crimson in an attempt for some fun TW and then come back and fight us. They are open for you to bid now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• boxlover123
    boxlover123 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is a long standing right of passage and tradition in harshlands. Nothing about that's gonna change lol. I camped people myself when I was strong enough to do so. That's what pvp servers are all about. If you can't handle that go to a pve server. Although I do agree things were different in the past.

i never said you couldnt, you have every right to do so, just dont do it when there is an event going on, bc people enjoy those events and those events actually are the reason why new people enjoy the game and its an opportunity for them to get stuff to gear up
    open world pvp is the essence of a pvp server, i get that, but without people who can stand their ground there will be no pvp and people will leave, since its on the one hand boring(for the endgame toons) and on the other hand frustrating getting oneshotted all the time(for the undergeared toons), while they want to enjoy an event

one last thing i want to mention is, i dont mind pvp. i can stand my ground against a lot of people, so dont tell me the bullcrap about leaving cos i cant handle it.
    edited March 2014
    Exactly what can the players do? It's not like pwe would give us the power to fix the game. What exactly do you suggest OverHealed? I am curious to hear your answer. I really don't think anything we can do at this point can bring back the game to what it was.

That's exactly it, WHAT DO THE PLAYERS DO? They RPK low levels, under gears, or sit in world chat talking about the 1,000 people they are inviting to their wedding.

Do high levels support and help low level PvE players? NO.
    Do higher geared people help gear lower geared people? NO.
    Am I saying CS everyone R9? NO.

I suggest what Eoria says, merge our server with another server (the PvP one particularly). However, downfalls might be that time changes can come out. This will increase the old player/high level/gear activity.

As for low level players, there needs to be (1) more new players so starting zones, low level BH etc can be reborn, or (2) there needs to be small amounts of new players, but make leveling faster (FC for low levels that they can clean, NOT PV).

PWI is unfriendly to new players.

Furthermore, TW is dominated by the same 2-3 Factions (clique of players) EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON.

We need more TW options:

Like Heavyweight, Middleweight, Lightweight. So that Factions like Infamous, Crimson, Mayhem, (once Dark till Longdong and crew ruined it) can vs each other (Maintaining high coin rewards). However, with Middleweight and Lightweight TW, other factions can get a shot at TW for fun and small portions of money.

Not only that, but the attitude of these players needs to change. For example, all these hard-*** players can keep their 120 members they got. I'd rather be with 6 classy, nice, and polite people, than 120 dickwads, egotistical, know-it-alls who can't do anything but be tools to the same people on server, reset after reset.

The keyboard warriors are insane, especially on this server.

(1) You'll never get a full 80 TW -- at least for a LONG time. 1/3 the people if not more who joined out of the 120 weren't even EX-Dark. You guys will just lie your way to get members, like always.
    (2) PK all you want, you're still a **** if you kill people just to see them get angry. (I could careless, sometimes it's annoying, but hey, PVP server.
    (3) Not all the wars vs Infa were one-push. Gear isn't the issue, it's small egotistical guilds like Sacrament, Kylin, Watchers, Bankai, Dominio that cause that issue. If all those guilds would have split up into Crimson, Mayhem, Dark, Infamous -- tw would have been different.

BTW, for a group of people who always talked about how "skill > gear" I've seen so much emphasis on gear. Don't pick when things are your strengths or weaknesses, makes you hypocritical.
    Not opposed to it, but the logical problem is: If we were merged with another server, it'd be the other East Coast server. That would mean either we'd go PvE (boring), or they'd have to go PvP (which they would cry about)

I'd take what PvP is here over being forced to a PvE server. Have never played one, never plan to.

And @LOL at WizSoul's lapdog accusing Longknife of "Ruining Dark".

Pretty sure you PM'd Long and Manii instigating everything, calling WizSoul psyco. After you used to say Manii and Long were egotistical men who couldn't make good PVP calls (but you claim your the best PvPer EVER!). However, then you send messages to Manii saying she is incompetent. You just pick a side the benefits you the best, you never cared about the faction, just yourself. (I'm calling you selfish).

You're also a part of the players that ruin the game/server. Shape up.b:kiss
    I've proposed making two east coast servers, one PVP and one PVE, and then letting people choose where they wish to go. This way the PVE people that wish to reroll to PVP can and the people from here that would rather be blue name all the time can go to the new PVE server. Not sure if that'd be feasible (probably not), but it would be the best solution.

The other alternative is we merge into LC, ofc.

Anyway, don't understand why you guys just don't bid Crimson in an attempt for some fun TW and then come back and fight us. They are open for you to bid now.

Also,

we don't have to merge servers. Cross server events would suffice. Cross-server TW, NW, Tournament, etc. Has anyone noticed Tuesday lacks any USEFUL OR FUN EVENTS? Hola at me.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    (once Dark till Longdong and crew ruined it)

Ok, I'll bite.

How did I ruin it?
    Think very carefully about what you say next, because I'm not afraid of public transparency. You might wanna make sure your hero Sarah isn't either.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1,2,3 apply to ppl in sacrament along with most other guilds as well.

You should tell that to all Infa people that deleted Sacrament people of their FL without any reason. xD

So did Infa's core have find their meeting destination yet?

I heard you guys had Hawaii in mind. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone noticed Tuesday lacks any USEFUL OR FUN EVENTS? Hola at me.

Don't be hatin' on Jungle Ruins, bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited March 2014
    Don't be hatin' on Jungle Ruins, bro.

That event sucks, I is hat in' brachacha.
    Ok, I'll bark.

How did I ruin it?
    Think very carefully about what you say next, because I'm not afraid of public transparency. You might wanna make sure your hero Sarah isn't either.

Your threats are empty.
    Don't pick words with me.
    Keep on the topic of the posted thread by Boomz.

Go make a blog about it; this displeases you. I'm in the least bit interested of anything you say because it's never backed up by facts, but by anecdotal or narrative biased stories.

Jealous much you're not my hero? <3

And I edited your post, I bolded it in the quote.
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    competitive tw's are not ruined by small guilds they're ruined by people who guild hop all dayyyy. Infamous has ppl from kylin, dumass, decide, mayhem, crimson and dark thus absorbing majority of the servers geared ppl making tw's nothing but crystal sprints. Its been like this for years kylin and zulu were having fun tw's lasting from 2 hours to 3 hours then as soon as ppl were jumping ship to zulu that quickly changed and became nothing but crystal sprints. I think NW is the only semi balanced pvp instance. When nw first came out we were beating every faction core including infamous recently base locking them in a 20v20 ctf and long and sparkle beating eo and curses in a 2v2 ctf.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    ...I don't recall a 2v2 ctf vs. sparkle? When did this happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    about 4 weeks ago.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2014

Your threats are empty.
    Don't pick words with me.
    Keep on the topic of the posted thread by Boomz.

So I'm getting the sense you don't wanna publicize what happened.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • vodka333
    vodka333 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    imgres12.jpg

PUBLICIZE!!!
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't even feel the need to try to explain anymore about the drama and why I said certain things about WizSoul. (because I did say most of those) And she's an adult, if she wants to make unethical and ultimately degrading choices, that's on her. It's not Longknife's, or Jekel's, or Manii's, or my fault. She is not infallible. End of day? I don't respect her, I have slight pity for her, mostly scorn. She's some woman in pixel land.

As for the server merge (since this thread is getting derailed again) :

If you research other games and server merges, it doesn't usually work well to merge servers from different time zones. Players get upset about event times.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of allowing players who are purely PvE to switch to the PvE server while those from a PvE server switch over to a PvP server.

It might be easier, I just assume they wouldn't offer it because of the extra work on an overly burdened staff managing PWE. And judging by how often East Coast seems to go down for a large company..eh...I think they need to work on stability before that.

Paying their workers a little better would improve the quality of the game as well in my opinion, but I guess that's an unpopular one >.>
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
    edited March 2014
    So I'm getting the sense you don't wanna publicize what happened.

You've done a good job with JackieK spamming two different lies about WizSoul (contradicting yourselves). Say what you want, all you do is lie; you even believe your own lies. Anything you say can't and won't hurt my pixel feelings.

You cripple the server.
    You destroy guilds.
    You don't know loyalty.

This is what needs to improve in the server.
    I don't even feel the need to try to explain anymore about the drama and why I said certain things about WizSoul. (because I did say most of those) And she's an adult, if she wants to make unethical and ultimately degrading choices, that's on her. It's not Longknife's, or Jekel's, or Manii's, or my fault. She is not infallible. End of day? I don't respect her, I have slight pity for her, mostly scorn. She's some woman in pixel land.

As for the server merge (since this thread is getting derailed again) :

If you research other games and server merges, it doesn't usually work well to merge servers from different time zones. Players get upset about event times.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of allowing players who are purely PvE to switch to the PvE server while those from a PvE server switch over to a PvP server.

It might be easier, I just assume they wouldn't offer it because of the extra work on an overly burdened staff managing PWE. And judging by how often East Coast seems to go down for a large company..eh...I think they need to work on stability before that.

Paying their workers a little better would improve the quality of the game as well in my opinion, but I guess that's an unpopular one >.>

This is why there should just be cross-server TW/NW but no merges. Stay within our own time zones.