ARCopalypse April 2nd 2014!

Options
TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Welcome the ARCopalypse. On April 2nd, 2014 we are taking over your computers. You thought Skynet was coming...b:laugh You would be so lucky. Welcome the end of your pathetic existence PWI players. Those that are planning on quitting should post a note here. So we can say goodbye to you in the proper manner. b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What do you expect when the games core is in a communist type country,what they say goes even in their games lol.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    We knew ARC was coming, it was only a matter of time whether we like it or not. I'm still hoping you can update the game without it, though I won't be holding my breath.

My biggest gripe will be the features that aren't implemented yet. It's going to be like buying a new car that has no fluids, gas in the tank, or tires on it and told, "here are your keys. Enjoy."
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I think what PWE does not realize is, this will be the most noticeable hit in populations in a short period.

-- The FIRST drove of people that will be gone as of April 2nd, are the ones that honestly can not play anymore due to their computers' not being able to handle it. The computer I used to play on used to freeze up for ~1-2 minutes at a pop in west arch. I was able to make due with it at the time, but you can not necessarily expect those people to be able to play when just running PWI was hard enough without any other program running.

-- The SECOND drove of people that will be gone as of April 2nd, are the ones that are just sick of having to put up with "dealing with" everything and anything PWE feels they can get away with... simply on principle.

-- The THIRD drove of people that will be gone as of April 2nd, are the ones that will follow their friends from 1 & 2, and will leave due to such a hit to an already shabby population.

-- The FOURTH hit on the population will be a trickling out after these droves have left. Little by little this group will further reduce the population.

Given the already low populations we have on the servers, even a merge to both coasts might not be enough to help. Personally I will wait and see if it is worth sticking around till April 4th after NW, or even later then that. Perhaps it wont be quite as bad as it currently sounds. Otherwise, I must thank PWE for not only creating an addiction, but to also coming up with a cure. I am looking forward to having money again
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    -- The FIRST drove of people that will be gone as of April 2nd, are the ones that honestly can not play anymore due to their computers' not being able to handle it. The computer I used to play on used to freeze up for ~1-2 minutes at a pop in west arch. I was able to make due with it at the time, but you can not necessarily expect those people to be able to play when just running PWI was hard enough without any other program running.

I'm worried that I might fall into that group. My poor computer isn't up to much any more, with the stress I already put it through.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You know this sort of thread with an opening post like that is just gonna attract trolls and flames, right? Mostly the former but still... D:

For those trying to be constructive, do use the sticky. It does, in fact, actually get read.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.