Pets... With a blood lust?

EIayne - Dreamweaver
EIayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Venomancer
So as it turns out, a few pets on dreamweaver have... developed something of a blood lust. For example, I like to keep my nix on the "defend" mode usually, as I find it offers a good balance of control and independent action on the pet's part. That said, my nix for the past week or so, has been attacking things I didn't ask it to attack, and they hadn't been hitting me or the bird. I'm not necessarily complaining, it only bugs me when my nix decides to get jealous of the people around us and go kill steal it some mobs. That having been said, I am aware that this is NOT A NEW GLITCH. if it can be called that. My pets have always, on occasion, decided to think "**** that mob in particular," and independently go and take it down. It's just been happening quite a lot more frequently lately. Like, before, it was maybe once or twice every few months. Now, it's happened 5-6 times this past week.

I asked in world chat if anyone else had noticed, and other then a lot of "learn to veno, put your pet on xxx setting, ect" messages, I did get a couple of other veno's who've noticed it as well. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this?
Post edited by EIayne - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Does it chase after a certain mob as it spawns or something similar to that? As in, does it go after the newer mobs in particular or does it attack indiscriminately when it does this?

I have a theory based on past experience and stuff that used to happen to people a lot but can't be too sure without knowing the above.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • EIayne - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    y'know, I've never really thought about that. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and let you know when it does it again o.o
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is happening a lot when I used my supreme walker. I keep him on "agressive" but it start to attack think I am not attacking, he likes to jump in group of mobs for no reason...
  • EIayne - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    My nix did it again today, and yes, it does seem to do it more to newly spawned mobs
  • Xdresdenx - Dreamweaver
    Xdresdenx - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That happens to me frequently, because I always keep pets in defend, and have their attack hotkeyed. If you're in the vicinity, and the exact mob you killed respawns, pet usually goes after it, thinking it's still being attacked by the same mob. Seems to happen more often if you kill a mob at the same time pet kills a different mob.
  • BornAgain - Morai
    BornAgain - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If I have my herc out during Assault on Archosaur. It can start a life on its own. b:shocked
  • Waper - Dreamweaver
    Waper - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have the same problem with my walker and i always set in on aggresive , i like to call it the ****** mode, most of the time happends when we kill a mob at the same time he starts beating the **** out of everything close even if its a dif type of mob, happend once while i was defending a pav on warsoul and it lured a big gorilla thing(forgot the name) it made me lose the pav
  • Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver
    Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    b:laugh yep it happened too me i like too call it drunk pet sindrom b:chuckle