Not so brainless bots?

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
So, I have been auto-cultivating last 2 days in the same spot with someone else. I do know that person have been "autocultivating" over a month now because every time I get the 8x contract to kill spiders, I see his BMs (because he is using 3 characters to do the job) killing the same targets over and over.

Things is, since I started to auto-cultivate on that spot I did notice his characters are acting kinda intellegent. They do not try to kill any other mobs, unless they get attacked, and they don't wander looking for other kills, what they do is go straight to a new target, trying not to attack what you are attacking, kill it and move to another target.

What is even more surprising to me is how one of his BMs is killing decaying cleavehand back and front, very close to harpy wraith, ignoring the boss and the boss ignoring him.

Now, taking into account their behavior, it is easy to say they are all bots. But my question on, if I ever report this guy, is PWI going to take actions against him? If no, I am just going to let it go, I know PWI cheaters have a history of triumph and glory, and I don't want to waste my time reporting something is not going to be solved.b:surrender
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Likely not, he's probably using a certain sophisticated bot with a monthly fee but I don't imagine anything in particular will happen. Botting is more or less a non issue now, even if only the in game bot is legal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Doesn't Harpy Wraith have AoE attacks? *hint tie hint hint)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Likely not, he's probably using a certain sophisticated bot with a monthly fee but I don't imagine anything in particular will happen. Botting is more or less a non issue now, even if only the in game bot is legal.
    There's even a couple of non-subscription bots that will do that.

Definitely sounds like that's what the OP is describing.
    You can report it. They would be able to tell if it was the in-game bot by the actions from the log. Don't hold your breath on anything happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    harpy wraiths dont get killed on RT? >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Its probably a sophisticated bot, it pays for dinner and always holds the door too, maybe even owns a monocle. Can you report it? yes. Will anything really happen? you have a better chance at a SoT from a pack than of that.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Its probably a sophisticated bot, it pays for dinner and always holds the door too, maybe even owns a monocle. Can you report it? yes. Will anything really happen? you have a better chance at a SoT from a pack than of that.

Guess chances are pretty good then... guy on my server got one the other day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    They won't do shet there's people uploading themselves on youtube using scripts. You can do anything you want in this game.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Its probably a sophisticated bot, it pays for dinner and always holds the door too, maybe even owns a monocle.

This post just made my day. That was a good laugh.

Does anyone use SweetieBot's points anymore? If so, then:

SweetieBot, give 10 points to Cytte for that awesome post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

It is dead now, I guess our farmers are auto-cultivating toob:laugh
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Guess chances are pretty good then... guy on my server got one the other day.

And one on my server was obtained about an hour ago.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

SweetieBot, give 10 points to Cytte for that awesome post.
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear awards 10 points to Cytte - Harshlands!
    Cytte - Harshlands is now in 4th place for March 2014 with 10 points (10 points overall).
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

According my observation during few months (in 2013) Harpy Wraith often walk untouched, while Ancient Spearman is killed right after respawn.
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, gimme 10 points
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, gimme 10 points
    Please do not be so bossy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The OP says the person is using 3 bots wich is actually terms of service abuse.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Can you report it? yes. Will anything really happen? you have a better chance at a SoT from a pack than of that.

Well now, I don't know about that. I actually have gotten a SoT from a pack before, but nothing has ever happened to anyone I've reported. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nanu9954
    nanu9954 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

What is even more surprising to me is how one of his BMs is killing decaying cleavehand back and front, very close to harpy wraith, ignoring the boss and the boss ignoring him.

They use bot programs that allow them to select the mobs to kills. btw PWI was fighting against the bots before, saying us to report them, etc... and now ?? And now, how can we know those that use the bots programs and those that use the in game one ?
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Well now, I don't know about that. I actually have gotten a SoT from a pack before, but nothing has ever happened to anyone I've reported. b:surrender

^ my point, time to open packs though everyone's been getting SoT on my server
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Retalation - Raging Tide
    Retalation - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    nanu9954 wrote: »
    They use bot programs that allow them to select the mobs to kills. btw PWI was fighting against the bots before, saying us to report them, etc... and now ?? And now, how can we know those that use the bots programs and those that use the in game one ?

I described how I did notice he was using a botting program, it is not that hard to notice.
    The OP says the person is using 3 bots wich is actually terms of service abuse.

After checking some different areas, I spotted 5 different accounts, that he may be using at same time. All his characters are female BMs with almost the same present (character customization) and similar names.

He has been botting areas between lvl 82 and 91.

Edit: Meh, I am using my second account to post, I guess it doesn't matter.
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Things like this make me glad I'm on a pvp server.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

This is a clear indication of someone using BMBot. We've got a bunch of them over on Morai as well. I've got a standing ticket with the support team and am reporting any/every bot with selective behaviour (which the support team misinterpreted initially as a feature request list for autoculti - heh). You -can- kill them quite easily, but unfortunately bots like that also automatically repair and revive themselves.

To kill them: Get a character with a weak aggro skill (cleric or seeker - use a debuff). Use the debuff to aggro a mob that bot is running to but has not hit yet, then drag the mob over to where Harpy patrols (before it yellowglows) and then let the bot fight it. Once Harpy is close enough, the boss will aggro onto the bot and kill it in one hit.

Determining wether players use a custom bot instead of autoculti:
    - Drop 1 coin. If the bot ignores it but picks up it's own drops -> Custom bot.
    - Get the bot killed. If it revives -> Custom bot.
    - Watch the bot for a while. If it occasionally flies up, goes to town and auto sells, repairs, and returns to exactly the same spot (usually by flying straight up to height 40 or so, then moving to town, then descending) -> Custom bot.
    - Drag another type of enemy close to the bot. If that enemy is ignored -> Custom bot.
    - Harm the enemy closest to the bot. If the bot ignores it -> Custom bot.

Report bots who show capabilities beyond autoculti to the GMs and hope they close both those bot accounts and the main accounts who receive the funds from it. Only way this **** will stop is if a few R9-3s end up kapoofing because they cheated. Same goes for folks who run half a dozen or more bots on autoculti when only 2 clients are permitted... The only way this stuff will stop, is if the admins bring down the banhammer hard on folk who violate the rules.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    nanu9954 wrote: »

Seriously? If it acts like it's using the auto cultivation bot by trying to go for your kills and your drops, it's most likely using auto cultivation. If it doesn't act like the auto cultivation bot and doesn't attack all mobs and bosses in it's range, you have your answer.
    - Get the bot killed. If it revives -> Custom bot.
    - Watch the bot for a while. If it occasionally flies up, goes to town and auto sells, repairs, and returns to exactly the same spot (usually by flying straight up to height 40 or so, then moving to town, then descending) -> Custom bot.

These two aren't indicators of custom bots. You can set your starting point with coordinates assistant, and after a few hours of auto cultivating, return to the computer, either town there or fly there, repair, and return to the same spot, and start auto cultivating again, and that's not proving you're a 'custom bot'. That's normal activity. If I'm actually semi afk and see my player just died because you lured a boss on it, I'll res, repair, and return to auto cultivation. That's also normal activity and proves nothing.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]