Arc website blocked in the UAE(Dubai)

hiyoga789
hiyoga789 Posts: 39 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Support Desk
Anyone playing from UAE(Dubai) facing troubles acessing the Arc website ? b:surrender for some reason its Blocked.If your wondering maybe i made a mistake with the security of IE(internet explorer) or anyother browser...Thats not the case :/ at all.....It acutally mentions that the site fails under the prohibited content categories of the UAE. I can acess the original pwi webpage fully.. but when i try to go to pwis content this pop up redirects me to Arc x.x any possible way to stop the pop up
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    To work around the redirect to Arc on any PWE game websites. (As long as the pages still exist.)

1. Get Adblock Plus. (I personally use Chrome, I know it works on Firefox and Safari, not sure about IE.)
    2. After it is installed, go to Options, and then click the Customization tab.
    3. Click the Edit button under "Manually edit your filters".
    4. Enter the following address. "*.perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/global_redirect.js"
    Alternatively, you can just put "global_redirect.js" in, but I worry about what that might do to a non-PWE site with a valid redirect script.
    5. Click the Save button.
    6. Close the options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluntvixen
    bluntvixen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this was working last week, and when i tried today after the patch to reload i saw the website blocked message from ETISALAT (UAE Internet Service Provider)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Block_etisalat_3.jpg

maybe this is blocked earlier before the patch, but i am not sure about that since i didn't tried it this week.

someone from PWI management should coordinate with ETISALAT to fix this ASAP since we have alot of paying players here in UAE.

http://www.etisalat.ae/en/generic/contactus-forms/web-block-unblock.jsp
  • abooboo
    abooboo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    any update on this? b:shocked

SylenThunder's suggestions didn't work...
  • Ans - Dreamweaver
    Ans - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was working fine for a while but got blocked a few days ago. No idea why. I am sure the unblock process can be accelerated if a representative from Arc games contacts the ISP directly.