the most recent scam, be careful.

Comments

• Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hoover69 wrote: »
    who is stupid enough to fall for any of that? i mean come on, if you been playing any game online you should know never to lend your gears or click on any link people post or site people give you or believe you will get anything free..

its just common sense

People who are too friendly and naive, kids, drunk people, and others. People can and will get scammed if they're not paying attention and let their guard down. And what do your parent told you about talking to strangers? Apparently now everyone is talking to strangers in the web/MMO games. As I said before you will never know the true entity of your playing partner in an internet game. b:pleased

And about posting link? I see several people in wc (who didn't bother to read forum) asking about how to get blessing/dq and other, and guess what happen when scammers see this opportunity and send a certain ink to them. b:shocked
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    small update...the shop of the scamer is back up ingame. he also uses an old cleric to sell most of his stolen items again. i even remember inviting that cleric to my faction a few months ago and kicking it right away after he tried to scam my members.

well played PWI-support, as usual :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Been hearing that some ppl r getting weird link again from friends!.
    Not sure if any fell for it yet!
    Warn ur friends about this page or similar

-www.arcgames.****.me-

EDIT: had to edit the fake link (which wasnt correct) because some ppl r testing all letters and try to get them left ****
  • cfrstrun
    cfrstrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My credit card information was stolen from Target, and it looks like one of the members used it to purchase credits on PWE. I'm a new member on here and have never heard of this site before until my unauthorized credit card charges directed me here.

Don't know how they can use my credit card without an address, but they were able to charge $100 to my card.

Of course, I initiated a chargeback, but I would really like the scammer being caught for credit card fraud. I would like that person's account banned. Is it possible to transfer items purchased to another account?

I'm familiar with online gaming services, as I've played Maplestory, Steam, etc.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Warn your friends about this page or similar

-www.arcgames.***.me-

I got this today to from toon i run instance with few days age (to bad we cant post names or I would warn you about person:)). Was same address with offer for free cards and think orbs or charms, not sure.

Watch who you add on your fl, usually they ruining instance with you and seams friendly.

One more thing to be aware is that scamers can see husb/wife names above our heads and they make acc with similar letters (small L and big i) and talk to your partner and ask him/her for a help cause you cant remember your log info. Ikr its stupid, but happened to us. Ofc we are friends for long time so he didn't fell for it. But just wanted to add one more thing to be aware.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Warn ur friends about this page or similar

-www.snipped link-

Way to go to post the entire link here for more people to fall for. You know the saying 'Curiosity killed the cat' right?
    Any site that isn't arcgames.com or even anything that isn't .COM should be avoided at all costs.

The site you linked has a virus that overtakes your pc pretty much upon entering the site. Don't even have to type in your info for them to take your account. (someone went on that site using their old crappy laptop to see what it was and got that as result)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Way to go to post the entire link here for more people to fall for. You know the saying 'Curiosity killed the cat' right?
    Any site that isn't arcgames.com or even anything that isn't .COM should be avoided at all costs.

The site you linked has a virus that overtakes your pc pretty much upon entering the site. Don't even have to type in your info for them to take your account.

I went to it and I seem just fi---skdjlwa;kjdanvikajewafjwaknfkemwkanasdnskajdkadfsajdkawdnaka
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cfrs: That's more a matter for the police then an online forum. The GMs rarely browse forum topics, especially rant-y ones.

And yea, posting that link here ain't smart Saku. *flags for mods*
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The site you linked has a virus that overtakes your pc pretty much upon entering the site. Don't even have to type in your info for them to take your account. (someone went on that site using their old crappy laptop to see what it was and got that as result)

^This

Good thing to warn people about phishing sites BUT you should at least change one letter so that people can't missclick on it or whatever...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014

God its not like im saying go visit..if u r curious and do it..u r an idiot!
    I post it there so ppl know that NOT to visit that site which is similar to that one.
    I even didnt wrote it correct, i think it was bit different in c parts
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With the upcoming situation regarding domain names, which in many ways amounts to an effective deregulation of them, it's going to be increasingly difficult to spot malicious sites

b:shockedb:angryb:surrender
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Cfrs: That's more a matter for the police then an online forum. The GMs rarely browse forum topics, especially rant-y ones.

And yea, posting that link here ain't smart Saku. *flags for mods*

I DIDNT mean to post it correct!
    I m pretty sure link i got was different
    So if u r curious and still visit iit...even if i didnt mean it to be correct..sorry but u r not smart!!
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I DIDNT mean to post it correct!
    I m pretty sure link i got was different
    So if u r curious and still visit iit...even if i didnt mean it to be correct..sorry but u r not smart!!

The whole point of scams is getting stupid people to fall for it.
    What you did was more stupid and promoting a bad link (altering only the "c" and it's the right one? very clever, much like Green Lantern's disguise makes it impossible to know it's Hal)

If you altered the link might've added it to your post so people know it's altered and don't mistake it for the wrong one after encountering someone else offering a slightly diff site believing yours is the wrong one and the scammer one is proper one. So again: Avoid everything that is not .com
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    The whole point of scams is getting stupid people to fall for it.
    What you did was more stupid and promoting a bad link (altering only the "c" and it's the right one? very clever, much like Green Lantern's disguise makes it impossible to know it's Hal)

If you altered the link might've added it to your post so people know it's altered and don't mistake it for the wrong one after encountering someone else offering a slightly diff site believing yours is the wrong one and the scammer one is proper one. So again: Avoid everything that is not .com

If u visited u r an idiot!
    I did not promote site nor asked any1 to visit it!
    I said to warn friends about link who is similar to it! Didn't even tend to to write iit correct!

In stead of being offensive and stupid u could of simply ask me to edit my post!
    If u visited that page- u r not very smart!
    some fake pages ends .com

One more thing to be aware is that scamers can see husb/wife names above our heads and they make acc with similar letters (small L and big i) and talk to your partner and ask him/her for a help cause you cant remember your log info. Ikr its stupid, but happened to us. Ofc we are friends for long time so he didn't fell for it. But just wanted to add one more thing to be aware.

I actually heard about that too O.O that fake husbands/wife pms and ask for password and login.
    Happened to my friends, but the hacker failed because my friends r living together in real. And her bf warned her that it wasnt him who was pming her.

They did send ticket. but who knows if even GM tried to block IP or anything at all.
  • EIayne - Dreamweaver
    EIayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This just hit Dreamweaver today. The resulting **** storm was HILARIOUS. This threads been here for a while, but most people just acted like a deer in the headlights..

"What do you MEAN I've been ****? D:"
    "You can't NPC R9 gear, it's!.... oh wait..."
    "GUYS, guys, this is how you can protect yourselves!"
    "lol wuts keylogger software?"
    "IDC about my gear D: is my fashion going to be safe?"
    "Er mah gerd, I added them as a friend. Am I next?!"
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    And the post above is why, even as a warning, you should not post the links.

People can be very... not... smart... at all... >.>!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver
    Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If it came down to it, I'd much rather see each and every one of you people **** instead of me. b:cute
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The saddest part of all this is when your "Friend" who you have known for a long time, and know they left the game, sends you a chat box with the links in it. And you know dang good and well it's not them and it's more than likely your friend didn't leave game of their own accord. They left because they got **** and the hacker is making the rounds again on the server. Or when Your "Leader" of your faction pm's you asking for gear. When you know also that the items they are asking for is in the faction banks and up for grabs. Know your friends. Know your faction. Trust no one. b:surrender
  • Kurrii - Harshlands
    Kurrii - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Saddest Part is the egyptian players who used to play this game from long long time who has been affected by that bann region or proxy preventing logging QQ like me
    so those two has been a pain in all Country butt ?!!!
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    This just hit Dreamweaver today. The resulting **** storm was HILARIOUS. This threads been here for a while, but most people just acted like a deer in the headlights..

"What do you MEAN I've been ****? D:"
    "You can't NPC R9 gear, it's!.... oh wait..."
    "GUYS, guys, this is how you can protect yourselves!"
    "lol wuts keylogger software?"
    "IDC about my gear D: is my fashion going to be safe?"
    "Er mah gerd, I added them as a friend. Am I next?!"

Its actually kinda weird.. i mean i got link from friend, on private chat- i reply him: oh no, even u r ****.
    he reply: what do u mean ****?
    so i told him that he probably visited the fake pwi/arc site and hoping on getting free orb/cards
    but he said...he didnt o.o

He said that non of his money were stolen or any other item, maybe because he had the bank/safety password
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its actually kinda weird.. i mean i got link from friend, on private chat- i reply him: oh no, even u r ****.
    he reply: what do u mean ****?
    so i told him that he probably visited the fake pwi/arc site and hoping on getting free orb/cards
    but he said...he didnt o.o

He said that non of his money were stolen or any other item, maybe because he had the bank/safety password

Sorry, but some players (not me though) had not hidden their profile in core connect, also why anyone can look for members of the faction from core connect ? Is not it private information ?

Edit:
    And then you are amazed in quantity of fake names (of friends) and private messages from fake friends.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Sorry, but some players (not me though) had not hidden their profile in core connect, also why anyone can look for members of the faction from core connect ? Is not it private information ?

Edit:
    And then you are amazed in quantity of fake names (of friends) and private messages from fake friends.

i think u can make it private, not sure how Dx kinda forgot
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And the post above is why, even as a warning, you should not post the links.

People can be very... not... smart... at all... >.>!
    btw the link i posted was wrong..because 1 letter was not correct.
    So if ppl r testing all letter to make it correct, they indeed not smart and i guess want to be **** lol
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014

How exactly is it private information which faction you're in if you're running around with the name above your head...? As for the full roster, yea. But then again core is so buggy that we still got 200+ members, with people listed that left over a year ago. f:laugh

If that's not enough for you, you can customize your profile pretty well, concerning privacy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014

How exactly is it private information which faction you're in if you're running around with the name above your head...? As for the full roster, yea. But then again core is so buggy that we still got 200+ members, with people listed that left over a year ago. f:laugh

If that's not enough for you, you can customize your profile pretty well, concerning privacy.

For example, your name is Xainou and in your faction exist some leader SomeMaster.
    Someone create account with level 1 Assassin like SomeMaster_ and mimic leader of your faction, trying to steal data about your account.

Since they have access to all names of faction members, then your faction members can get many private messages of such type
    (since "core is so buggy" scammers can be not so lucky though in some factions) .
    hello community.

their usual tactics:

-faking the names of officers of factions, then pming everyone thats online, trying to get them into smalltalk to eventually lure them to a phishing site, by claiming you get free stuff.

-once they got info to accounts that visited their site, they proceed the same tactic with the friendlist of the hijacked chars. we usually trust our friends, right? thats what they abuse.

- "hey, let me try your gear" is also very common. they will ask you to try on your tome, or your necklace. gone forever.

everyone be careful and feel free to share if similar stuff happened on your server.
    whoever wants to know the names of the couple, feel free to leave a forum msg or pm me ingame.

Also (*Edit*):
    i think u can make it private, not sure how Dx kinda forgot
    To make profile in core connect private:
    1. Log in perfectworld.com
    2. Click on your name above "Perfect World User" on the left of the any of your post to open your profile.
    3. Click "Edit My Information" link below your Avatar on the left of the profile.
    4. In Privacy Settings section select Highest Privacy Setting
    5. Click button "Update" in same section to update Privacy Settings.
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cfrstrun wrote: »
    My credit card information was stolen from Target, and it looks like one of the members used it to purchase credits on PWE. I'm a new member on here and have never heard of this site before until my unauthorized credit card charges directed me here.

Don't know how they can use my credit card without an address, but they were able to charge $100 to my card.

Of course, I initiated a chargeback, but I would really like the scammer being caught for credit card fraud. I would like that person's account banned. Is it possible to transfer items purchased to another account?

I'm familiar with online gaming services, as I've played Maplestory, Steam, etc.

PWE isn't involved in law enforcement as far as I know...
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PWE isn't involved in law enforcement as far as I know...

Indeed. More like ''flaw enforcement''...

b:chuckleb:shutup
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    New msg i got from other **** friend!

Check out this blog arcgames.fake.fake
    I made it for PWI contest. ;)

I know there is pwi contest going on about blog/event
    Thank god i already knew the site thats its fake!

PWI Better do something about this!
    Hacker is already changing names of the characters too !
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Always BOUND your gear!
    And yes , these days cant trust any1.

In DW we had same issue. Ppl fell for fake site and their stuff were taken. (that happened when ppl dont think much, just rush for free stuff)

And of course, some scammers/hackers made fake names of Dynasty Officers.
    For around 2-3 weeks could see them run around, Trying to Scam ppl from WC, as catshop and of course from guild too- talking all nice, asked to lend money via mail.
    (but this happened like pretty long time ago!- but seems its happening again in other servers)

This week i saw catshop trying to scam ppl, i send ticket about it and seems its gone now!

You know what they do when they catch you wearing bound gear? They go to the promotions agent, destroy your gear then put the tokens in your bank and lock them in your own bank with a new code if you have not locked your own bank, so you cannot recover them after you change your password on your account. These people are not only scamming people but they are very malicious as well. They are very fast and efficient at it too, unless you can change your account password to keep them from accessing your game in like 10 seconds(impossible), you are screwed. About the only people who would be semi safe are people with rank equipment, only semi safe because they can still NPC it. The character of mine they got didn't have any rank equipment so I don't know for certain, but I am pretty sure they would NPC it, it goes along with the same maliciousness that caused them to destroy your bound gear.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    You know what they do when they catch you wearing bound gear? They go to the promotions agent, destroy your gear then put the tokens in your bank and lock them in your own bank with a new code if you have not locked your own bank, so you cannot recover them after you change your password on your account. These people are not only scamming people but they are very malicious as well. They are very fast and efficient at it too, unless you can change your account password to keep them from accessing your game in like 10 seconds(impossible), you are screwed. About the only people who would be semi safe are people with rank equipment, only semi safe because they can still NPC it. The character of mine they got didn't have any rank equipment so I don't know for certain, but I am pretty sure they would NPC it, it goes along with the same maliciousness that caused them to destroy your bound gear.

True, they do that. I agree.

But even so, i better have my gear bound, than let hacker get profit!
  • TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver
    TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    such a shame this post was buried in the forums. I looked a couple times for info on the scam after it hit Dreamweaver and didn't find anything here. Today, a Marshal in my faction found it and shared on vent with us about it.

My experience with the situation was this: a friend of mine came to me at our afk spot and asked me to do a damage test with him. Ok, no problem. He put a skill on me that usually doesn't cause damage at all then stopped. I had to finish the duel by killing him as he talked with me in pm's. After the duel was over, he asked to 'borrow' my tome and try damage test with my tome (Emp tome). I told him that it would not be an accurate test because my gear is worthless without my tome. We then dueled at least 5 more times, and at least that many times again he asked to use my tome.

After many refusals on my part, he finally gave up and then told me that he had a new idea for ventrilo, and he 'valued my opinion' and wanted me to see it and give my opinions on it. I told him that my computer was slow, and I don't load websites while i'm on game at all. I told him i would do it later (course i lied).

This whole conversation with my trusted friend was over the course of... maybe 30 minutes or so and seemed competely legit. Also, this happened BEFORE I knew of any scam at all going on. I truly wish things like this would be sticky in forums, but I'm also thankful for the people that do post in forums for it to be found.
    Silly boys, games are for girls! b:chuckle